The most important change for sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Can we please have the lockers display the items in columns of a multiple of 6 rather than 10? Seeing as pretty much all the armor sets are in groups of 6? It blows my mind that the current locker is arranged like so, makes looking for an armor to preview especially frustrating.

And then there is the thing where the armor is sorted out in such a ridiculous manner, starting with footwear and ending with shoulders.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in PvP

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

omg this so much. I also hate how i can’t keep the armor not relevant to me collapsed

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I agree the locker interface feels rather ancient MMO like…
but to call it the most important change for spvp has put a smile on my face. A green smile…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Reworking the locker is on our list, and reorganizing the layout is something we could certainly do.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

related:

why is the preview of the pvp locker based on the gear we wear in pve instead of what we wear in pvp?
Bit odd if you want to match pieces…

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

This is the most important PvP Change of all time period ever.

+1

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

This is the most important PvP Change of all time period ever.

+1

Look at it this way:

1. pvp rewards are cosmetic, based on rank.

2. In pvp battles you are colored and hardly make out your gear except a hat.

3. Only place where you really see your pvp rewards is Heart of the Mists

4. In HotM your most important gear interface is… the locker!

Step 1-4 are full proof that this actually IS the most important change in pvp!

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Reworking the locker is on our list, and reorganizing the layout is something we could certainly do.

Why don’t you share your list with us? All of this cryptic, “can’t give too much information(tip of the iceberg)”nonsense is for third graders trying to disguise their crush on someone.

in PvP

Posted by: Brinson.7289

Brinson.7289

Can you add a normal banker vault as well?
That way we can jump into the Mists from any location when we finish PvEing rather than going back to town go drop off PvE items.

My warrior carries 4-5 weapons in PvE & PvP and carries an extra set of armour in PvP.
Would be awesome if I can toss everything in vaults on the same map.
I hate when I go into the Mists and sign up for a tourney then find out I forgot my shield in the PvE vault. x.x

\-\ Poquito (Engineer) /-/ Tarnished Coast
Not Sure If Serious [BZNZ] ||| Cynical [CYN]

in PvP

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

Any elaboration on this? I for one would like to see the locker become something that “eats” a piece of PvP gear and unlocks it for multiple removals (but obviously not salvageable at that point).

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Why don’t you share your list with us? All of this cryptic, “can’t give too much information(tip of the iceberg)”nonsense is for third graders trying to disguise their crush on someone.

Its because making false promises is worse than not elaborating.

Any elaboration on this? I for one would like to see the locker become something that “eats” a piece of PvP gear and unlocks it for multiple removals (but obviously not salvageable at that point).

It should indeed be an unlock system. We haven’t designed how the new locker would work, but I would imagine it would be similar to dyes, and would be right inside your hero panel. i.e. Click slot, click skin. No reapplying upgrades.

in PvP

Posted by: Project Shrine Maiden.9623

Project Shrine Maiden.9623

that would be sickkkkkkkkk. im guessing the problem is what to do with excess glory, since you wouldn’t be able to burn it on getting multiples of the same item if that kind of change actually went into effect.

Team Shanghai Alice

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

that would be sickkkkkkkkk. im guessing the problem is what to do with excess glory, since you wouldn’t be able to burn it on getting multiples of the same item if that kind of change actually went into effect.

tbh we already have excess glory so this change wouldn’t change much.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

“Its because making false promises is worse than not elaborating.”

I’m going to have to completely disagree (doesn’t make me right). I think that silence is far worse, because it gives off a vibe that nothing is being done. I may be the only one, but I’d much rather be disappointed that a plan feature happened to get scratched because of some explainable reason, rather than hearing the all too common sound of crickets.

I also think that a lot of the animosity occurring in the forums is due to many people speculating. You have half the people yelling that X isn’t an issue and the other half telling them to L2P. I think some directional voice from the devs would alleviate a lot of that. Instead of feeling like part of the process we feel left in the dark..

Just my 2c.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

(edited by felivear.1536)

in PvP

Posted by: Dolmur.2573

Dolmur.2573

It’s simply not viable to share every milestone plan with the public. Things get re-prioritized, postponed, cancelled, redesigned, etc all the time, and every time that happened there would be a crap-storm of complaining by the people who’s favourite feature didn’t stay on the list.

On a side note with this gear stuff, how about something useful to do with my overwhelming amount of account bound arcane powder?

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

It’s simply not viable to share every milestone plan with the public. Things get re-prioritized, postponed, cancelled, redesigned, etc all the time, and every time that happened there would be a crap-storm of complaining by the people who’s favourite feature didn’t stay on the list.

This is very true.

On a side note with this gear stuff, how about something useful to do with my overwhelming amount of account bound arcane powder?

There should be something in today’s patch to help with that, but I won’t spoil the surprise.

in PvP

Posted by: Elesare.5604

Elesare.5604

So, when is the patch actually happening today then?

in PvP

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

oh man i need those patch notes badly.

in PvP

felivear.1536

This is very true.

There should be something in today’s patch to help with that, but I won’t spoil the surprise.

If I were going to a restaurant, I would want to know what was on the menu. Now, have I been to a restaurant, sat down, ordered my food, only to find out that what I wanted was no longer on the menu or currently out of stock? Sure I have. I can accept that. What I can’t accept is a place where they don’t even tell you what kind of food they serve and you don’t know what you’re eating until they slap it down on your table.

Ever heard the phrase “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”. Well, to me it correlates here as well. Sure, you may never lose a player due to a missed promise with your strategy but you’re losing a lot due to the silence.

Agree to disagree.

in PvP

Posted by: Eolirin.1830

Eolirin.1830

Sorry Evan, but that’s a copout excuse. You ask a lot of your customers with no sign of good faith in return. You want us to advertise for you and draw in our friends to line your pockets further, yet you give us nothing to go on. You accompany all of that with, “eww it’s too good to tell you guys, just wait and see”.

Do you like me? Check Y or N
Do you like Henry? Check Y or N

It’s been a long time since I’ve had to decifer grade school questionaires.

Is this the first MMO you’ve played? Doing what you’re suggesting has historically caused fairly massive problems for other companies. ArenaNet is actually quite a bit more transparent about what they’re doing and why than most MMO developers; good luck getting any sort of updates about the status of bug fixes that are in the pipeline or getting an explanation as to why it’s difficult to make certain changes, or to even have a developer answer any sort of question about content. The level of communication that we get on these forums alone is substantially higher than what you’d typically see. And they have to put up with a lot of abuse over even that. They really deserve a little bit more respect for the delicate balancing act that they have to deal with.

And they’re asking for only one thing: patience. That is not a lot to ask for. They’re going as fast as they can on dealing with the problems people have; code and design doesn’t just magically appear fully formed by snapping fingers your fingers, and they have to balance competing priorities.

in PvP

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

It should indeed be an unlock system. We haven’t designed how the new locker would work, but I would imagine it would be similar to dyes, and would be right inside your hero panel. i.e. Click slot, click skin. No reapplying upgrades.

That would be really cool. Though I guess that is a long term goal for the system because it looks to be a major overhaul.

Food for thought – unlocked per character or for the whole account, since its available on the hero panel?

Edit – though the current locker does have the one advantage of being a one stop window shopping (aka preview mode) for all the gear in game.

(edited by Joiry.2504)

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Sure, you may never lose a player due to a missed promise with your strategy but you’re losing a lot due to the silence.

Agree to disagree.

There are guidelines and best practices for interacting with the community, and it’s safer in most cases to be cautious about what you say. If we had a dedicated community rep for the PvP team, perhaps we could be more communicative. However, as a programmer, I try to be careful with what I say. We don’t have the resources right now to get to the level of communication the community is asking for.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Sure, you may never lose a player due to a missed promise with your strategy but you’re losing a lot due to the silence.

Agree to disagree.

There are guidelines and best practices for interacting with the community, and it’s safer in most cases to be cautious about what you say. If we had a dedicated community rep for the PvP team, perhaps we could be more communicative. However, as a programmer, I try to be careful with what I say. We don’t have the resources right now to get to the level of communication the community is asking for.

Maybe not to the degree, right now, of what we’re asking for. You guys aren’t even communicating on semi regular level on things that take no longer than time it took you to post this response.

Yeah, we’re still waiting for that second blog to come out and perhaps if you guys would have done that most of the doom and gloom would have been curbed.

History disagrees with your best practices methodology for communicating (where apparently best practice is no communication works). The industry is littered to the gills with failed mmo’s and for very good reason.

in PvP

Posted by: WeLoveKanjimari.6725

WeLoveKanjimari.6725

In a response to “You’re losing trust with players due to the silent treatment about PVP”, you give the silent treatment to someone asking you about the patch, which you yourself just brought up.

You have to realize how unfortunate and silly that is, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

How about we learn to show some respect to the folks who brought us the game to begin with? Especially since we have no idea what it’s like on their end with all of their responsibilities? They don’t want to tell you until it comes out. Just freakin get over it and stop acting like a bunch of 7 year old brats who aren’t getting their freakin way. Oh I forgot, you probably ARE 7 years old, my fault.

in PvP

felivear.1536

How about we learn to show some respect to the folks who brought us the game to begin with? Especially since we have no idea what it’s like on their end with all of their responsibilities? They don’t want to tell you until it comes out. Just freakin get over it and stop acting like a bunch of 7 year old brats who aren’t getting their freakin way. Oh I forgot, you probably ARE 7 years old, my fault.

I think the community is being open about its desires. That is crucial in creating an evolving experience. I, for one, have a ton of respect for every person that put time into this game. I think the game has a foundation that has me excited about things to come. I would just like to get more transparency. I think making that request shows no disrespect at all. We’re having a discussion. I don’t think anyone is acting like a child here.

in PvP

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

Whining is disrespect in my book and it does no good and it also makes you look like a 7 year old brat as I’m sure it does to them, especially when they’ve said over and over that they have chosen not to tell you ahead of time. Respect would be respecting that decision and shutting the H up. lol

in PvP

Posted by: NakNak.5840

NakNak.5840

We don’t have the resources right now to get to the level of communication the community is asking for.

After reading the patch notes, I would highly recommend anet to increase those resources if they don’t want to fail with gw2 spvp. Compared to your pve efforts, this is a kittening joke.

Edit: Seems that I was absolutely right on this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Don-t-hold-out-people-Jon-Peters-won-t-show/page/2#post747187

Anet just disgraced oneself for an extremely poor management. My respect for those two people trying to fix one, maybe the most fundamental aspect of gw2. And certainly the most criticised aspect as well.

(edited by NakNak.5840)

in PvP

Posted by: Zhead.2675

Zhead.2675

Evan, thank you for your responses and sincerity