ToG: EU meta vs NA meta

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I definitely saw tcg win a few as well, I don’t know what the final count was but they were all well played games

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

I definitely saw tcg win a few as well, I don’t know what the final count was but they were all well played games

Where did you watch it? Can you give a link? The one I watched with toker, nos, phant, etc a few hours ago, TCG won every match. TCG was down everytime at the start, but came back and won. Very close matches. Would love to be sure I’m on the same page as everyone else =D

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I watched it on nos

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

I watched it on nos

Ok, thank you. That’ s the same one I watched.

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

in PvP

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Where did you watch it? Can you give a link? The one I watched with toker, nos, phant, etc a few hours ago, TCG won every match. TCG was down everytime at the start, but came back and won. Very close matches. Would love to be sure I’m on the same page as everyone else =D

Final score was 3:2 for TCG with NApugs throwing the last game on the final 50 points (they had 2 points in the bag and decided to yolo).
TCG lost Foefire, then won Kyhlo, then lost Foefire, then won Foefire, then won Niflhel.
All games but the third were very close (the third being a 500-130 stomp for the NA pug team)

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Final score was 3:2 for TCG with NApugs throwing the last game on the final 50 points (they had 2 points in the bag and decided to yolo).
TCG lost Foefire, then won Kyhlo, then lost Foefire, then won Foefire, then won Niflhel.
All games but the third were very close (the third being a 500-130 stomp for the NA pug team)

TCG still better

Attachments:

(edited by Elxdark.9702)

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Did read the highlights of this thread, was disappointing to read the challenge between one individual was not accepted. i am sorry europeans but my bet is on NA super pugs this time in WTS.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

(edited by Chapell.1346)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Did read the highlights of this thread, was disappointing to read the challenge was not accepted. i am sorry europeans but my bet is on NA super pugs this time.

They did and NApugs lost.

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Did read the highlights of this thread, was disappointing to read the challenge was not accepted. i am sorry europeans but my bet is on NA super pugs this time.

They did and NApugs lost.

Did they? oh im sorry, im referring to WTS. will edit my post for a better understanding thanks.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

It was great to see them fight each other. Both teams were awesome! Was watching on Nos’s streams and he did some pretty mindbending juking with Wurm+SWalk. TCG’s map movement was lightning fast too, there seemed to be 3 Helseths on the map at times!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

It’s gonna be interesting when the Abjured is 4/5 in a LAN WTS envrionment. Vs TCG they were 2/5 with 3 other top rated NA players for a super pug and in the EU servers.

When Rom changed back to warrior after 3 matches no one was dodging his CC lol.

Helseth setup some nice portal plays resulting in +2 outnumbered situations, and those had major impact on a couple of the matches resulting in TCG wins.

Phantaram solo killed Tage on the virtues guardian build, which was epic. Tage would have been fine on AH though. The kill might have been quicker if his burning speed ports didn’t rubberband bug literally every time he tried them lol.

Zoose was almost a legend, but couldn’t get the boss steal vs Sizer on forest.

Reevsy was backcapping like a sneaky thief on his engi a couple of times, which was hilarious.

Toker came to play, and just was all around solid.

Poor Nos kept getting Moa’ed, but that shows the respect TCG is showing him. I think he was Moa’ed 3 times in 1 match during one of them. Step up your dodge game Nos.

Just fun for everyone. There were probably 300 viewers between multiple streams, and chats were really lively. You could tell the players were having a blast too.

Moar plz!!!

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Wait what? Did OE and Nos used their EU accounts to fight against TCG? LINK PL0X!

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

Wait what? Did OE and Nos used their EU accounts to fight against TCG? LINK PL0X!

It was OE, Nos, Zoose, Toker and Phanta and Reevzy (They switched between games) so almost Abjured roster.
Link to the vod: http://www.twitch.tv/noscoc/b/578476081 (starts around 2 hour mark i think)

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

(edited by azerte.4365)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

http://www.twitch.tv/phantaram/b/578516644 (starting when it begins)

http://www.twitch.tv/noscoc/b/578476081 (starting around 2:09:00)

I streamed the first game but I was lagging too bad and bowed out for phantaram. I don’t think I landed a single ground targeted skill all game and got decimated in all my 1v1s. It’s too embarrassing to link ;_;

Also, it wasn’t our full roster but toker, zoose and reevzy are good players no matter how unfamiliar we are with their playstyle. We picked up toker to replace nos in WTS, but we haven’t played together kitten until just tonight.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Bros, no lie those games today were so fun, and exciting to play in. The lag was on EU was kittening me off a little but that’s to be expected : D. Hope we can do more soon, well played both teams.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Tbh, the first game they lost, on temple, Tage was playing some whatever build, with hammer etc., and Rom still was on ranga, but then again, Oe was lagging etc., so whatever, i guess. Turn around happened when Rom rolled back to his War, i guess at this point TCG were forced to start playing srsly and not run all kinds of crap for funz. Those were very good games, very close ones as well, GG indeed, nothing like NA ToG roflstomp finals, and better than EU ToG finals as well, imo.

PS. Dunno what’s the deal there, but unlike Phanta who was very solid on d/d ele, Denshee was going down like nobody’s business, and basically became a priority target.

in PvP

Frenk.5917

Denshee was going down like nobody’s business, and basically became a priority target.

Denshee didn’t play at his level, I suppose. Once he let the point be decapped just because he used “burning speed” and went off point. Still, very nice fights, nice matches, I’m watching it right now (thanks for the links) and it’s awesome

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

The one thing to remember and that I keep pointing out and get shouted down for is that TCG regularly go weeks without playing with each other. Last night was the first time TCG had played together in over a fortnight.

I spoke to both ROM and Helseth last night, and after the third game when they went 2-1 down in the “series” Helseth told me to watch the next game. It was obvious that TCG started taking things more seriously. ROM went back to warrior, their rotations were quicker, Helseth seemed to be on every point at once due to his portalling and they won the match fairly comfortably in the end (prompting a “told you” from Helseth). Denshee seemed to have something of an off night though, not sure if he’s changed his build or what but he seemed to drop really quickly.

I know it wasn’t full Abjured (but come on, it’s not like they picked up random pugs, their “pugs” were some of NAs top players) and I know they had to deal with the EU lag, but those of you that think TCG will get stomped need to think again. These are going to be some incredible WTS matches (provided both make it obviously, I’d be surprised if they didn’t)

I would like to see TCG go to NA to repeat though, just to see how big the difference is. With the precision the mesmer/thief burst needs to use at times that server lag may cause all the difference, but I still want to see it happen!

The games were great, The abjured comp is a tough one to fight against and they are incredible players. I’ve never watched Nos stream before but some of his condi spiking was incredible, and his awareness and moving is second to none.

Still, Helseth asked me to remind people that there will always be a difference between the peasants and the kings. (chat log: http://i.imgur.com/yrXJfkO.jpg)

WTS is shaping up to be entertaining as hell.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Bros, no lie those games today were so fun, and exciting to play in. The lag was on EU was kittening me off a little but that’s to be expected : D. Hope we can do more soon, well played both teams.

I’m surprised it felt laggy for you – all of NCSoft’s servers are in Texas afaik, so it shouldn’t make a difference for you playing on EU servers.

Unless ANet have some sort of peering deal happening meaning your data has to get bounced across the Atlantic and back…

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

I’m surprised it felt laggy for you – all of NCSoft’s servers are in Texas afaik, so it shouldn’t make a difference for you playing on EU servers.

Unless ANet have some sort of peering deal happening meaning your data has to get bounced across the Atlantic and back…

Yeah it’s actually a huge difference, for example when i use #5 on shortbow my character stops and then starts to walk again when i reach my destination.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

I have both accounts NA / EU and I can say the delay is strong even more for toker who plays thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

The one thing to remember and that I keep pointing out and get shouted down for is that TCG regularly go weeks without playing with each other. Last night was the first time TCG had played together in over a fortnight.

I spoke to both ROM and Helseth last night, and after the third game when they went 2-1 down in the “series” Helseth told me to watch the next game. It was obvious that TCG started taking things more seriously. ROM went back to warrior, their rotations were quicker, Helseth seemed to be on every point at once due to his portalling and they won the match fairly comfortably in the end (prompting a “told you” from Helseth). Denshee seemed to have something of an off night though, not sure if he’s changed his build or what but he seemed to drop really quickly.

I know it wasn’t full Abjured (but come on, it’s not like they picked up random pugs, their “pugs” were some of NAs top players) and I know they had to deal with the EU lag, but those of you that think TCG will get stomped need to think again. These are going to be some incredible WTS matches (provided both make it obviously, I’d be surprised if they didn’t)

I would like to see TCG go to NA to repeat though, just to see how big the difference is. With the precision the mesmer/thief burst needs to use at times that server lag may cause all the difference, but I still want to see it happen!

The games were great, The abjured comp is a tough one to fight against and they are incredible players. I’ve never watched Nos stream before but some of his condi spiking was incredible, and his awareness and moving is second to none.

Still, Helseth asked me to remind people that there will always be a difference between the peasants and the kings. (chat log: http://i.imgur.com/yrXJfkO.jpg)

WTS is shaping up to be entertaining as hell.

The difference between peasants and kings is either getting a kill as a moa or getting killed by your own moa. I wish I was able to screeny that kill ;(

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

at 2-1 they just got serious and stopped trolling around

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

I’m a bit late to the party, but I finally managed to catch the matches on Phantaram’s stream. Props to both sides for making a genuine community-building effort. We need more cross-region scrims between teams to move the scene forward and push the top teams to evolve and to develop. From the outside it looked as if both sides left the scrim with a few tricks up their sleeves still, not having revealed all the plays they would make come tournament day. Mind games are an essential part of any competitive scene, so it was nice to see here as well. After going down 1-2 TCG showed they still had a few extra gears left, and I was left wondering what will happen when they really ram the gas pedal. The way they upped their game after ROM switched to warrior seemed really effortless.

All in all, I have to agree with OEggs that the gap between peasants and kings is getting smaller, and I’m glad that NA has managed to up its game. Having said that, I would still put my money on TCG in a real tournament setting, such as the WTS. No other GW2 team has the same proven tournament pedigree and the ability to deliver when it matters. Besides, with Sizer’s superior keybinds, how could they lose?

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Frenk.5917

All in all, I have to agree with OEggs that the gap between peasants and kings is getting smaller, and I’m glad that NA has managed to up its game.

I agree, even though I’d like more teams to get involved in the PVP scenario. Yesterday there was ESL, and it was a blast since there were BooN, TCG, 55hp and MiM, but including them there were only 7 teams. Not even a full bracket.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Sizer’s superior keybinds, how could they lose?

So does it make me moar pr0 b/c I use a naga and don’t rely on nub keyboard binds?

in PvP

Posted by: DrLane.5248

DrLane.5248

I agree, even though I’d like more teams to get involved in the PVP scenario. Yesterday there was ESL, and it was a blast since there were BooN, TCG, 55hp and MiM, but including them there were only 7 teams. Not even a full bracket.

Most teams/players cant play ESL every week for irl issues i guess.

[SmK]Tapss , pvp and <°)))))><

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

All in all, I have to agree with OEggs that the gap between peasants and kings is getting smaller, and I’m glad that NA has managed to up its game.

Don’t worry, NA pugs fill up the brackets as of the last 6-8 weeks, and call it a tourny*.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You really shouldn’t speak on matters that you know absolutely nothing about. EU servers are located in Germany, at least some of them, I can only assume they are all in one location.

14 175 ms 172 ms 170 ms ae-46-46.ebr1.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.143.137]
15 172 ms 168 ms 178 ms ae-81-81.csw3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.140.10]
16 171 ms 171 ms 171 ms ae-3-80.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.138]

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

So does it make me moar pr0 b/c I use a naga and don’t rely on nub keyboard binds?

I went from custom keybinds to naga and my game was completely changed! Best investment in my gaming years so far!

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

You really shouldn’t speak on matters that you know absolutely nothing about. EU servers are located in Germany, at least some of them, I can only assume they are all in one location.

14 175 ms 172 ms 170 ms ae-46-46.ebr1.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.143.137]
15 172 ms 168 ms 178 ms ae-81-81.csw3.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.140.10]
16 171 ms 171 ms 171 ms ae-3-80.edge6.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.154.138]

Yep, I Believe the log-in servers are all based in NA, but the game servers themselves are in Germany.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I went from custom keybinds to naga and my game was completely changed! Best investment in my gaming years so far!

You can also get a razer tartarus gaming pad

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

Both Noscoc and I cannot participate in the first WTS event so we won’t know who would win on even ground. Maybe in the next WTS.

in PvP

Frenk.5917

Both Noscoc and I cannot participate in the first WTS event so we won’t know who would win on even ground. Maybe in the next WTS.

Is it because of some restriction from the rules, or because of IRL issues?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

Those matches were great. It’s kind of surprising how certain people’s positioning is consistently bad even at a high level, though.

Plenty of mistakes on both sides, definitely. Allowing silly decaps and such. Maybe that’s why the matches felt quite casual at times, like neither side was really giving a 100%. Serious to a degree for sure, but not really going the extra mile. Plus some people were clearly not on form, especially Denshee at times played like he had broken fingers, or just a metric ton of lag. On the positive side, Nos seems like a really solid necro and Phantaram has improved his D/D gameplay quite a bit compared to the days he played for TCG before Gamescom. S/D is still Phanta’s best weapon set though, maybe because he used to play it a ton for TP back in the 0-4-0-4-6 Valkyrie S/D days of 2012-2013.

Now all we need is for the viewership to stop slacking and some juicy shots fired between the circular stroking motion crowd and the haters, and we’re good to go. Esp0rts, biitches.

Been here since launch

in PvP

Frenk.5917

Now all we need is for the viewership to stop slacking and some juicy shots fired between the circular stroking motion crowd and the haters, and we’re good to go. Esp0rts, biitches.

And like, +100% the playerbase we have now

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Aereniel.7356

No doubt. But let’s /slitwrists about realities some other time. This thread is all about firing shots, living the dream and riding the hype train. Choo-choo!

Been here since launch

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Since they’ll be missing 2 players I think it’s safe to say TCG will win.

#TCGfanboyisback

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I think its funny how much people are comparing “NA meta vs. EU meta” and ignoring the fact that the best teams nowadays are teams of the best players. Could it be that the game is at a point where being a good player is more important than the class you play, and you can make many different comps work when you have good players?

Probably better to just focus on the classes…

in PvP

Narcarsis.5739

We both have Final exams during that date. Neither of us can move them.

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Guys we’re focusing on the wrong issues here. I think we can agree that living in America is at least 20x better than living in any country in Europe. Why else would everyone hate us. Thoughts?

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

It “was” better, I’m seriously questioning that the last 4 years

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

The EURO is down record numbers, ISIS slowly knocking on Europe’s door. Meanwhile across an entire ocean we sit here eating fast food and pleying our gaemz. The life.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

We both have Final exams during that date. Neither of us can move them.

They would let you guys move exams if you were on your respective schools’ basketball teams. Start an esports team and tell them you have a game that day.

in PvP

Narcarsis.5739

I told him the reason, gave plenty of reasons to let me go, and was still denied regardless. So no – this is not EU, we don’t get time off to play games.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I told him the reason, gave plenty of reasons to let me go, and was still denied regardless. So no – this is not EU, we don’t get time off to play games.

You should check the office front for your school if you haven’t, teachers are one thing, but the administrators can force the teachers to schedule things around your needs if you can get them on your side.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Narcarsis.5739

You should check the office front for your school if you haven’t, teachers are one thing, but the administrators can force the teachers to schedule things around your needs if you can get them on your side.

I find it amusing that people think that I am oblivious to what my own institution allows or doesn’t allow. I am 100% unable to go, the decision is completely up to my Professor’s discretion bar a medical emergency. I have been trying to work around this for the past 1.5 months. I am unable to go – the end.

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

IMO the devs should lead the class balance towards the NA meta. After 2 years people still keep running thief+mesmer. They need to make comp without this 2 classes more viable too. Either nerfing mesmer and thief or buffing everything else. This game is an mmorpg, the fights should focus more in people fighting at points and not in just run fast force numerical advantage in one point kill enemy in 5s and keep moving around. If people wanted a game with everyone 1shoting everyone killing the enemy in 3seconds we would be playing a FPS like cod or bf.

Long fights with combo field, finishers, group support and class sinergy are much for fun than watch enemys that drop in less than 10s to a thief or shatter mesmer.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Long fights with combo field, finishers, group support and class sinergy are much for fun than watch enemys that drop in less than 10s to a thief or shatter mesmer.

Imo, it’s more like opposite. Long fights = stale match. It just drags on and on, no big plays, no big moves, nothing changes. Plus it’s in general more primitive and easier to execute tactic, to bunker up here and there and get your long, stale fights, doesn’t require that much coordination as (i.e.) mesmer and thief do.

in PvP

Posted by: PhDusk.2590

PhDusk.2590

IMO the devs should lead the class balance towards the NA meta. After 2 years people still keep running thief+mesmer. They need to make comp without this 2 classes more viable too. Either nerfing mesmer and thief or buffing everything else. This game is an mmorpg, the fights should focus more in people fighting at points and not in just run fast force numerical advantage in one point kill enemy in 5s and keep moving around. If people wanted a game with everyone 1shoting everyone killing the enemy in 3seconds we would be playing a FPS like cod or bf.

Please stop, we already went though the bunker meta. Please no more.

Zhang He Dusk, Mezviableplz
[PETP][AyB][BKB]
Mesmer-Thief-Guard