Transparency!? It was here - now its gone!

in PvP

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

The developers were very transparent when the latest patch was just around the corner. Where are they now? I have not seen a dev comment on a single thread for a very long time. You have gotten a lot of feedback already – but it gets frustrating to give it to you when it is a one-way communication/dialogue between players only.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

it said in the patch notes!
the devs were removed along with the rewards, hotjoin servers and Capricorn.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

What were you expecting? It’s ArenaNet.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

who’s community coordinator currently? alli was here every day in every other topic. and to think many still flamed her.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

The developers were very transparent when the latest patch was just around the corner. Where are they now? I have not seen a dev comment on a single thread for a very long time. You have gotten a lot of feedback already – but it gets frustrating to give it to you when it is a one-way communication/dialogue between players only.

Transparency as in detailed and insightful descriptions on the thought process behind each patch are a thing of past (read: GW1).

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Where are they now?

China/Asia, if not in real life, virtually. Working with the Chinese devs.

Have patience, once EU/NA/China/Asia are in sync with each another normal service will resume. Find some way to occupy yourself till June.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

who’s community coordinator currently? alli was here every day in every other topic. and to think many still flamed her.

Because she was terrible. The constantly would make off comments and derail topics. She would then close the thread when it was thrown in her face. She was exactly what is wrong with this company. Many ill-informed people who are in positions that sway the direction of this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Allie did a great job with the interaction with the community. I don’t know why they don’t find a replacement.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Where are they now?

Have patience, once EU/NA/China/Asia are in sync with each another normal service will resume. Find some way to occupy yourself till June.

if so, its fine
but would it be that difficult to say: "hey folks! after the feature patch we will be very busy with the chinese release. we apologise in advance if we are not able to answer in time.
this would prevent lots of bad mood players/forum posters.

instead of this we get nothing

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Where are they now?

If so, its fine, but would it be that difficult to say: "hey folks! after the feature patch we will be very busy with the chinese release. we apologise in advance if we are not able to answer in time. This would prevent lots of bad mood players/forum posters. Instead of this we get nothing

They did sorta mention it, just not in the PvP forums

It is in → https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wheres-New-Content-State-of-the-Game-merged/page/8 see the post by Regina Buenaobra.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

kito.1827

in the middle of page 8 of a massive thread… this is not what i, nor what anybody else would call an announcement.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

kito.1827

reading through this post feels like being more and more mistreated.

with all the hype for new pve content pvp does feel more and more like the unloved stepchild. living in the same room as the beloved one. looking at all the cool new stuff my stepsister/-brother gets. then the room gets some renovation/new gimmicks, i know it was mainly for my brother, still i want to believe its for me also (aka wardrobe). besides i am told i get new awesome stuff in my playground at my side of the room. in truth my brother now sits on my roomside playing my game and destroying it, because the rewards he can perfectly use for his side.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Work. Work. Work. Work. Work. China. Work. Work. Work.

No time to discuss, but I still read near every thread.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Rage. Rage. Rage. Rage. Rage. Merica. Rage. Rage. Rage.

Sorry, no point in that, but i thought it was funny.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

BRIBE BRIBE BRIBE BRIBE

since Voz left, i’ll be the leader of Eva’s Fan club for a small fee of 2 legendarily of my choise! deal or Deal ?

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

I hear the China release is going well…

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Dedicate someone to provide this transparency to the community?

Let’s call them…let’s say…a Community Manager?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Can we get posts like this in the General Discussion forums from time to time as well?

It mostly feels like “PvP or go home” dev communication after the patch hit.

Thank you.

20 level 80s and counting.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Did someone Say Lesh Prince Fanclub?
Cause I thought I heard someone say lesh prince fanclub..

Attachments:

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Can we get posts like this in the General Discussion forums from time to time as well?

It mostly feels like “PvP or go home” dev communication after the patch hit.

Thank you.

We can copy and paste it if you would like…although a copy and paste of nothing is still nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Why would the Chinese release affect the balance team’s interaction? They didn’t need to do any balance work with the Chinese release, it seems to me like they’d be able to come right back to CDIs and whatnot, after a short break if they needed one of course.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Why would the Chinese release affect the balance team’s interaction? They didn’t need to do any balance work with the Chinese release, it seems to me like they’d be able to come right back to CDIs and whatnot, after a short break if they needed one of course.

You overestimate the term “team” and how A-net defines it.

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I just don’t understand why they don’t have a “China” development team. Why has China’s launch taken away all attention from the US/EU? If they can’t develop them in tandem without ignoring one side, then maybe they should actually hire more people?

It just seems ridiculous that they ignore their current customers for new ones…

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

We know u are very busy for the China Release but can u give us an ETA (not soon™ pls ) for the next patch and for the next CDI/news for Spvp (or in general)?

1 weeks, 2 weeks, 1 month, 1 year?

And yes, where is the new “Allie” guy/girl?

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

We know u are very busy for the China Release but can u give us an ETA (not soon™ pls ) for the next patch and for the next CDI/news for Spvp (or in general)?

The next patch? We just had a feature patch about a month ago. Dealing with the China merger is taking a ton of time, I’m sure. Even if Anet gave you a date, it’d probably be all speculation at this point, which probably isn’t what they want, as if they stated a date, people would hold them accountable for that date, and if the date rolls around without follow through of their speculation, the community would wield their torches and pitch forks with outcries that this game lacks any new content, and we should follow Moses in exodus to a new game entirely….

So yeah….Be patient….And stuff.

in PvP

Anomaly.7612

Hehe….BELLEVUE….I wish more people lived in Seattle who played this game. Bellevue is a terrible place, though I’ve always wanted to visit their office and talk to some devs, just to say hi.

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

This is now my desktop background. All 3 of them.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

The next patch? We just had a feature patch about a month ago. Dealing with the China merger is taking a ton of time, I’m sure. Even if Anet gave you a date, it’d probably be all speculation at this point, which probably isn’t what they want, as if they stated a date, people would hold them accountable for that date, and if the date rolls around without follow through of their speculation, the community would wield their torches and pitch forks with outcries that this game lacks any new content, and we should follow Moses in exodus to a new game entirely….

The feature patch was nothing more than taking what we already had and repackaging it. Outside of a few runes/sigils that changed anything, the feature pack was more punishing to veteran pvpers than it was rewarding.

in PvP

Anomaly.7612

The feature patch was nothing more than taking what we already had and repackaging it. Outside of a few runes/sigils that changed anything, the feature pack was more punishing to veteran pvpers than it was rewarding.

Your point is totally valid, and I’m sure there will be many more changes after the China merger is done and they have a lot more money to work with.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

sigh I’m sorry for the Anet devs, they are working like Dolyaks and then they got blamed for losing their supplycamp on a zerg of enemy thieves

I wished Dolyaks could fly

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in PvP

Posted by: xGreeD.6018

xGreeD.6018

What?
How the heck did the patch punish me?

Maybe because it made me reroll from hambow, oh wait.

Now I get it! Because of it I had to open all the old Tournament chests one by one!
Which let me make some gold. In addition to that rewards now are kind of… well, rewarding.

Elementalist is back and friggin’ op – … what is that Ele doing on the floor over there anyways? Still getting facerolled as soon as he fails a dodge? Yep.

NOW I GET IT! The patch finally removed the viability of Lyssa and made us playing with even more mightstacks and doubled the swapping fun by doubling the sigils!
Which is bad, of course. I guess.

Also there is now a new way of becoming dragon without farming scrubs for like – ever? Therefore most people have it – why not? I really didn’t look forward to grinding the rest of my way to pheonix – and so did you.

Last but not least the patch brought us people camping the yoloq lots and lots of PvE-Guardians using their legendary greatswords! Ok, that’s a problem, but one that should stop soon. Or at least I hoped so.

So tell me, what in your opinion happened.
I truly am curious.

I want to use this opportunity to do two things:
1) I want to say hello to Bullet. Hello, Bullet.
2) I want my ToL-reward! The rest of the legendary is already lying around doing nothing.

“Take me to wonderland…”, she said,
as she finished beating me up a mole times.
Let’s try something you’re actually good at.

in PvP

eleshazar.6902

Your point is totally valid, and I’m sure there will be many more changes after the China merger is done and they have a lot more money to work with.

You keep using that word “merger” but I don’t think it means what you think it means. ;-)

A merger is when two companies come together to form a new combined company (not to be confused with an acquisition in which one company acquires another company, but is the company that is in charge).

So this isn’t a merger, it is a launch of the game in China via a publisher over there. Just pointing it out since you keep using that word incorrectly.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

:O
I have brought great honor to family.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

eleshazar.6902

Because he has 3 desktops. That’s right….. 3.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

You guys ask for transparent, can’t get better then his last two comments. These were awesome haha.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Allie did a great job with the interaction with the community. I don’t know why they don’t find a replacement.

No she didnt

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Also printed and hanging above my desk.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Also printed and hanging above my desk.

you ain’t cool before you tattoo it onto your wrist :P

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I really appreciate the work you guys are doing but, if you guys read almost every thread, is it so time consuming to write a couple of words in one thread or two that you wont even bother doing it?

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I really appreciate the work you guys are doing but, if you guys read almost every thread, is it so time consuming to write a couple of words in one thread or two that you wont even bother doing it?

We certainly could be better about mentioning we’ve read a thread. Some people have suggested a red ‘seen by dev’ mark on threads which would awesome. If I were to post something every time I skim through a thread, it would mostly likely just be copy-paste “I’m reading this thread” or “I’m following this thread” which may cause more anger (due to lack of thoughtful response) than appreciation. Community team members are really helpful when relaying information back and forth between devs and players. ( Like Allie :’( )

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

We certainly could be better about mentioning we’ve read a thread. Some people have suggested a red ‘seen by dev’ mark on threads which would awesome. If I were to post something every time I skim through a thread, it would mostly likely just be copy-paste “I’m reading this thread” or “I’m following this thread” which may cause more anger (due to lack of thoughtful response) than appreciation. Community team members are really helpful when relaying information back and forth between devs and players. ( Like Allie :’( )

Have you guys ever thought of getting subforum specific volunteer (aka unpaid players) community managers to lighten that load for you? That way you don’t necessarily have to read every single comment in every single thread in every single forum (its a lot of work to even fully keep up with one forum), but can still get general feedback. Just give them an email they send to once a week or something with their stuff for that week.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Community team members are really helpful when relaying information back and forth between devs and players. ( Like Allie :’( )

Where are they?

I realize all the coders are busy with China. While I’m not thrilled that a huge patch was released and no one has any time for fixes or tweaks, I realize it happens.

But where are the community coordinators? I read the dev tracker every day. The only thing happening is that all feedback gets merged into the gargantuan feedback threads where there is no red name activity. It’s great that you’re reading the threads. But communication is two-way. Someone needs to step up and get involved in a discussion, because if we can’t see that happening, we have no way to know what’s going on, and we feel ignored. It’s 2014, the internet expects interaction, not passive silence.

in PvP

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Call me crazy, but I do believe some info about the next update, even if it’s just “hey, we’ll give you a potato in 4 weeks” would calm down the people impatience… such is the gw2 community hunger.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

in PvP

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

There’s a +1 button for everyone liking a post.

How about you guys implement a dev-only button to mark as a sort of “follow/favourite”. Both to help you keep a list of valuable input in posts from members of the community, but it can also be displayed back to us on the forum in form of a list of dev names that are following or have acknowledged the topic of a particular thread.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

in the middle of page 8 of a massive thread… this is not what i, nor what anybody else would call an announcement.

What you want is not relevant. There is also a reason why DEV tracker exist, if you really care you would be reading it.

Also as much as I liked to be aware of stuff (transparency) it has been exceedingly apparent that YOU people on this forums are too immature to able to handle Arenanet being transparent because no matter what they say, the players are still going to whine about it, so why bother. Being transparent only seems to work for a day and then the next few weeks are threads constantly whining about something.

Are you seriously suggesting the sole purpose of transparency is to pacify the more vocal part of the forum?
On a side note, the transparency you’ve been seeing here is far from what it ought being. Kinda like THIS, ya know.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Volrath.1473

I’m not saying you guys should post on every thread you read obviously xD
But it wouldn’t hurt to post on on or two threads, it means the world to us when a red post pops and it takes almost no effort from your side

btw can you drop some hints on what you are working on? ^^

in PvP

Volrath.1473

is not bad?

- OP warriors
- Engis with perma burn
- Skyhammer map
- Still no good rewards
- Same maps for idk how long
- 1 game mode
- Every balance patch , more power creep
- Broken leederboard
- Bugs Bugs Bugs
- Maps are unbalanced

And more more , sry but i am a bit frustrated that feedback given here for such long time is completly ignored.

If you feel it’s that bad, why do you play it?
The only reason I play is because I like the game and have fun with it, since it is a GAME and you play it, you must be having fun to otherwise you wouldn’t.

I stopped playing for 3-4 month because for me it was not fun anymore, and came back after April 15th and have been playing consistently since then.

If you need a brake, take it.

in PvP

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Nice. That’s exactly how I like my developers: Developing stuff instead of procrastinating in the forums.

Oh, well … never mind.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in PvP

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Previous

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Call me crazy, but I do believe some info about the next update, even if it’s just “hey, we’ll give you a potato in 4 weeks” would calm down the people impatience… such is the gw2 community hunger.

While we’d love to give you a time and date of when we’re sending out the potato, remember that during the development process we may discover that a baked potato would be even better. So instead of getting the potato of your dreams you end up with something completely unexpected.

It often happens that a mashed potato with gravy is even better still, unfortunately gravy requires more dev time. So we end up shipping a mashed potato without gravy to meet our promise of ship time or we push back the time and date of when we are shipping again and again. You get your mashed potato with gravy but it is delivered much later than it was expected.

Worst of all that is when we realize that potatoes are way too mainstream and that yams are where it’s at now. And I think we all know how reactions seem to go when we ship yams instead of potatoes.

So in a lot of cases the best we can do is tell you that we are still in the kitchen cooking things up, we’re reading your feedback, and that we’re excited to get the meal out to you soon™.