We're doing PvP for nothing

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Don’t understand Anet’s logic if the new revamp pvp reward system isn’t ready…. why remove chest/glory from the existing system and kitten it more?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

They haven’t treated us like real customers since day 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Don’t understand Anet’s logic if the new revamp pvp reward system isn’t ready…. why remove chest/glory from the existing system and kitten it more?

They are just phasing out the glory. This is the next step. This way you don’t receive anymore glory, but you still have time to spend all your glory.

Can you imagine the noise if they removed glory and the glory vendors at the same time? That would be loud.

Plus the balance patch isn’t ready.. blah blah blah.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

So there is literally no point in playing the game until the new patch hits?

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

They should have asked the players how they wanted it done instead…
There is no reason at all to even go pvp for the next month or 2 (probably even longer since we haven’t heard a peep about the new pvp system so its probably still not even CLOSE to being finished)

Really sweet project management going on here….At least I could gain some glory in the meantime to keep buying Tomes of Knowledge…. Now that I have no way of gaining any reward period for the next couple months, this is officially a deadzone now. Previously it was only partially dead.

in PvP

Posted by: meichor.7809

meichor.7809

The reward IS the GOLD. Once they merge pvp armor with pve armor, it’s ALL buyable/craftable with relationship to GOLD.

getting the big picture?

Gold is OK…

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

The reward IS the GOLD. Once they merge pvp armor with pve armor, it’s ALL buyable/craftable with relationship to GOLD.

getting the big picture?

Gold is OK…

No it’s not.

You’re better off making a hotjoin team and maraud scrubs because right now, between queue times and possible losses, going into solo q or team q is a waste of efficient time.

they killed even the least competition left with this patch, i was something like 100 or something in solo q leaderboard and IMMEDIATLY went troll builds because right now i’ve no interest in winning ( LB is a joke, rewards are ven worse than before, i can’t get good moneys etc. etc.).

There’s absolutely no point in playing right now.

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

getting the big picture?

Gold is OK…

That thing you can make 10 times faster in pve?

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You can farm 10g per hour in PVE, if lucky I get 4x Team arena wins in an hour = 1.2g lol

also the PVE farming is a brainafk activity while you have to give your best in pvp to even make these 1.2g

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

meichor.7809

getting the big picture?

Gold is OK…

That an adjustment ANET has to make to increase the reward for it to attract more players to PvP and play to win! Once GOLD is involved, people start trying harder. Because GOLD can get MORE than just PvP rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

u dont get nothing! u get rankpoints and gold. why u play pvp? for rankpoints? for fun or for gold? if gold is your focus and thats not enough dont play tpvp and go either wvw or pve.. simple solution. that whining gets ridiculous

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

getting the big picture?

Gold is OK…

That an adjustment ANET has to make to increase the reward for it to attract more players to PvP and play to win! Once GOLD is involved, people start trying harder. Because GOLD can get MORE than just PvP rewards.

I want to “be leaf”

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

this is the dumbest decision you ever made.

Ever.

i dunno, there competition is pretty strong!
i’d vote for adding skyhammer or all of the powercreep buffs to warrior.
but yeah, removing every reward we have is right up there with the greats.

though you have to wonder,
is it really dumb or are they just the world’s greatest trolls?

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Since when is gold nothing?

in PvP

Posted by: MasterGuruu.8345

MasterGuruu.8345

They have to raise the gold per game or PvP is dead. Im sure they will notice, or have thought about this already. I am not a dev and this thought already went trough my head as a no-brainer. They must be planning something else.

Maybe the fact that its easier to get gear in pvp means that the gold you would normally get is decreased for increase drop rate of rare gear.

If a ladder or teir system were to arise, this might also be ensentive for players as well as an opurtinity to dsribute rewards in a certain way. Being a higher teir gets you better gear and more gold (I think this is unfair and should not happen, but might be in the works)… or some kind of trade off.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

lol this thread made me think of this

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

lol this thread made me think of this

That is the original gw2 pvp manifesto…

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

30 silver for serious effort in a TPvP match is tantamount to nothing. You get more silver selling the loot for afk auto-attacking most world bosses for 2-3 minutes in PvE.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

30 silver for serious effort in a TPvP match is tantamount to nothing. You get more silver selling the loot for afk auto-attacking most world bosses for 2-3 minutes in PvE.

Exactly. Give this man a cookie. BB pvp, I’m gonna play WoT.

in PvP

meichor.7809

I think 30 silver should be increased a bit but please think from a different perspective.

I play PvP 99% of my game time, to me, being able to earn some gold from spvp is nice.(Assuming gold is going to become the common currency for both pvp and pve, compared to only being able to spend glory on pvp only items, I will end up having choices, and choices is good, and it promotes PvE population trying out PvP and vise versa)

I don’t see TPvP as an effort, because, winning or losing, I’m enjoying the process a lot, on the other hand, I hate doing PvE content, so regardless of the rewards, I stay away from it.

Sometimes it’s not about how MUCH you earn, is about earning Enough while ENJOYING the process. And ANET’s first move is to attract more people who will eventually enjoy PvP as well….

(edited by meichor.7809)

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I don’t get it, why did they remove glory if they weren’t going to replace it with anything?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

SkiTz.4590

I think 30 silver should be increased a bit but please think from a different perspective.

I play PvP 99% of my game time, to me, being able to earn some gold from spvp is nice.(Assuming gold is going to become the common currency for both pvp and pve, compared to only being able to spend glory on pvp only items, I will end up having choices, and choices is good, and it promotes PvE population trying out PvP and vise versa)

I don’t see TPvP as an effort, because, winning or losing, I’m enjoying the process a lot, on the other hand, I hate doing PvE content, so regardless of the rewards, I stay away from it.

Sometimes it’s not about how MUCH you earn, is about earning Enough while ENJOYING the process. And ANET’s first move is to attract more people who will eventually enjoy PvP as well….

you could craft dyes previously from PvP salvages and in turn make gold lol

I crafted ~50 dyes or so, made about 30G from it (all beit, 2 of them were 10G a peice lol, so I got a bit lucky)

but yea. you could make gold previous through dye crafting…

Right now, pvp is about as dead as I’ve ever seen it lol

Thanks, just what I needed, 2 months of rewardless PvP.

And don’t give me this gold reward nonsend

champ train = 40-45 champ bags an hour. If I want gold i go do that
If I want gold and FUN , than I can also go do high lvl fracs/wvw.

spvp? gold reward is laughable per hour…why on earth would THAT of all things be the reward? we can’t get some tokens or something here? i mean seriously?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

had to do it sooner or later. just turned out that the removal is “sooner”, and the replacement is “later”…

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I understand what Anet is trying to do, however the way they are implementing it is really flawed. You don’t just take something away without adding something of equal or greater value.

It would be like them saying, we got this new great ranking system. So we’ll be removing the old one first, and adding the new one sometime in the future. Then you don’t give any type of dates or detail. All we get is soon.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

meichor.7809

I crafted ~50 dyes or so, made about 30G from it (all beit, 2 of them were 10G a peice lol, so I got a bit lucky)

spvp? gold reward is laughable per hour…why on earth would THAT of all things be the reward? we can’t get some tokens or something here? i mean seriously?

I understand you. But my point is:
Do what you enjoy doing the most, if earning gold is what attracts you to the game, no problem, I adore that too. Don’t base everything around reward, the TRUE reward of a game is enjoying fun time with the people you like playing with.

Think about this… back in the old days, why are people playing counter strike 24/7 in the internet cafe? There’s no drop? There’s no state, games ends and nothing carries over. (Bad example but I think you get the point…)

The gaming industry later on noticed that a reward system will encourage more players and more gaming hours, but let’s not forget the true essence of gaming.
Is really to do something you love doing and have fun.

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

Do what you enjoy doing the most, if earning gold is what attracts you to the game, no problem, I adore that too. Don’t base everything around reward, the TRUE reward of a game is enjoying fun time with the people you like playing with.

Think about this… back in the old days, why are people playing counter strike 24/7 in the internet cafe? There’s no drop? There’s no state, games ends everything carries over.

The gaming industry later on noticed that a reward system will encourage more players and more gaming hours, but let’s not forget the true essence of gaming.

counter strike >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gw2

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

you could play for fun. weird idea i know shouldn’t have said anything. bry i’ll fight you in counter strike.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Think about this… back in the old days, why are people playing counter strike 24/7 in the internet cafe? There’s no drop? There’s no state, games ends everything carries over.

Do you know what i like to do ?

I like to PvP ( with my friends or alone) against people of my same skill level. I also like to compete for the best ( Leaderboard rank) and maybe earn something.

This cannot be achieved because:

Leaderboard is broken
No rewards for playing at high level
No rewards for keeping on playing at that level

Sum these 3 and you understand why no one wants to form teams and truing playing competitively.

This brings to no competition.

this brings to me having no fun.

This is aNet fault.

And this patch made things even worse, reason why i rage.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

well if its not for fun or gold then stop playing tpvp and spare us with that whining. srsly u know that they are changing the rewards and your complain about a intermediate state of it is total garbage. sorry to say that but i think 99% or more of the forum posters are posting just to qq because qq. sometimes i dont know who is more a kitten. anet with theyre slow approach or the community with his constant qq ignoring all the process or alternatives. why dont some of u go to rome2-forum. im sure there is still a lot of justified stuff to qq about. pvp has no money sink. so even 1 copper a match reward sums up.

i play pvp for the sake of pvp if im in the mood. if not there are a lot of other games out there. mention stuff to let the developers know is ok. but that constant qq about the pace or anet plans gets absurd. if i should choose who is more kitten anet or the community. well i would say the community is braindead. reading and thinking seems unnatural for the community. why not apply for left4dead as zombie? we all should already know that pvp isnt in a state where it should be and we know anet want and will change that with a horrible slow approach. so either u accept it and play pvp for the sake of pvp or u take a break and play other games. but constant qq about a intermediate state during a change is ridiculous. srsly i laught about small minded ppl like u.

i hate ppl that constant qq about something but still play. if its so bad, then stop already, if not well im sure anet already know by the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx threads what you dont think is ok. so there is not another reason to open the next thread and continue the same qq over and over and over.

(edited by hooma.9642)

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

you could play for fun. weird idea i know shouldn’t have said anything. bry i’ll fight you in counter strike.

Makes perfect sense, oh wait…. just one teeny tiny detail: There isnt actually any kind of balance in spvp, where the kitten is the fun in getting steamrolled by facerollers playing OP classes?

in PvP

Posted by: MasterGuruu.8345

MasterGuruu.8345

I like to PvP ( with my friends or alone) against people of my same skill level. I also like to compete for the best ( Leaderboard rank) and maybe earn something.

Leaderboard is broken

Sum these 3 and you understand why no one wants to form teams and truing playing competitively.

This is aNet fault.

yeah right now it has flaws. everyone akownledges that. If however, the new system gets put in place and exponentially increases the popularity and competition of sPvP. would the wait time be worth it?

The removal of glory was happening.. everyone was told and should have been aware if it mattered to them, it wasnt a secret. the changing of gold earned from a win is also skewed, but it is much easier to get gear in pvp than pve. making the gold you would have earned obselete.

I agree with meichor.7809 about just enjoying the game.

also if you are worried about getting steam rolled make a team of half decent players and join team Q. You will win matches and make friends in the proccess. which would be good prep for the new updates coming out that we all hope will boost the popularity of PvP

in PvP

SkiTz.4590

well if its not for fun or gold then stop playing tpvp and spare us with that whining. srsly u know that they are changing the rewards and your complain about a intermediate state of it is total garbage. sorry to say that but i think 99% or more of the forum posters are posting just to qq because qq. sometimes i dont know who is more a kitten. anet with theyre slow approach or the community with his constant qq ignoring all the process or alternatives. why dont some of u go to rome2-forum. im sure there is still a lot of justified stuff to qq about. pvp has no money sink. so even 1 copper a match reward sums up.

i play pvp for the sake of pvp if im in the mood. if not there are a lot of other games out there. mention stuff to let the developers know is ok. but that constant qq about the pace or anet plans gets absurd. if i should choose who is more kitten anet or the community. well i would say the community is braindead. reading and thinking seems unnatural for the community. why not apply for left4dead as zombie? we all should already know that pvp isnt in a state where it should be and we know anet want and will change that with a horrible slow approach. so either u accept it and play pvp for the sake of pvp or u take a break and play other games. but constant qq about a intermediate state during a change is ridiculous. srsly i laught about small minded ppl like u.

i hate ppl that constant qq about something but still play. if its so bad, then stop already, if not well im sure anet already know by the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx threads what you dont think is ok. so there is not another reason to open the next thread and continue the same qq over and over and over.

why bother making a QQ post about others QQing?
These are public forums, if people want to discuss something , they are free to do so within rules.

If you don’t like it, just ignore it dude lol

I understand theres QQ and hate spewing left and right on these pvp forums, but its warranted.

People want to see it improve and so far what have we gotten?
after 1.5 years, everything is being tossed aside and starting from scratch… it should not have taken that long to figure out what a terrible state pvp was in.

GW2 pvp has taken a major step back from the GW1 pvp that players thought they were going to get… now we are at a state where we have no clue whats about to happen to pvp and its going to be at least 2 months before we see anything drastic change and in the mean time what do we get as a place holder? a few coins, some mats/greens from rank up chests.
That’s just embarassing.

The priorities on pvp are by far the lowest imo..that needs to change

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

It somehow feels like the reaction by Anet to the complaints about a half-empty glass is to just take away the glass with the promise that the glass will be full again someday.
Yet we’re not told when we will get a full glass and what will be in it.

Whilst I tend to defend the actions taken by Anet as I do know that making a game – especially a MMO – is very complex and I am aware that we only see the results of it from the (convenient) customer point of view, I have to say that specifically for the pvp changes, the communication from Anet seems chaotic at best.

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

Leaderboard is broken

This is aNet fault.

yeah right now it has flaws. everyone akownledges that. If however, the new system gets put in place and exponentially increases the popularity and competition of sPvP. would the wait time be worth it?

The removal of glory was happening.. everyone was told and should have been aware if it mattered to them, it wasnt a secret. the changing of gold earned from a win is also skewed, but it is much easier to get gear in pvp than pve. making the gold you would have earned obselete.

also if you are worried about getting steam rolled make a team of half decent players and join team Q. You will win matches and make friends in the proccess. which would be good prep for the new updates coming out that we all hope will boost the popularity of PvP

It’s about the classes not the players, if it was that simple we wouldnt even be on the forum we would be having fun in-game…

in PvP

Posted by: Ksnake.8097

Ksnake.8097

And god knows how long till they put REAL reward in pvp,
If you ask me, my bet is another 6 months, have fun waiting

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Makes perfect sense, oh wait…. just one teeny tiny detail: There isnt actually any kind of balance in spvp, where the kitten is the fun in getting steamrolled by facerollers playing OP classes?

this is not news. it’s been this way for a long time. why do you play something you don’t enjoy? for the rewards? the pvp rewards? you kidding?

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: OverlordOutpost.5961

OverlordOutpost.5961

If PvP isn’t properly incentivized, there’ll be no new blood, and thus no new player base. Without a new player base, the game can’t grow. More so, by actively punishing experienced and hardcore PvPers with the new rewards system, they’re removing their most active PvP-Base.

In other words, this is something to worry about because it could lead to the death of the competitive PvP game.

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

this is not news. it’s been this way for a long time. why do you play something you don’t enjoy? for the rewards? the pvp rewards? you kidding?

You dont get it, I was a kitten for having hope , just that…
And at least while I waited I could actually get decent skins and level points for pve now, you cant even get that, so you literally do PVP for nothing

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

You know, back in my day people pvp’d just because it was fun. Maybe I’m getting old.

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

You know, back in my day people pvp’d just because it was fun. Maybe I’m getting old.

Why are you on the foruns old timer? Back to pvp man! Go enjoy and have fun!

in PvP

OverlordOutpost.5961

Back in my day people had to start the game over from Level 1 if they died. Unless you’re deleting characters on death, I don’t see your point.

(edited by OverlordOutpost.5961)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is one of the worst thought out decisions ever at ANET.

I’ll give them a big hint as I told them BEFORE they implemented this.

YOU DO NOT REMOVE REWARDS WITHOUT A NEW SYSTEM IN PLACE

The smart approach would have been:
1. Keep giving glory
2. Stop giving glory on the day the new rewards are ready
3. Keep the glory vendors in place for 1 month following the removal of glory.

in PvP

OverlordOutpost.5961

1. Keep giving glory

This guy; this is literally the perfect solution. Someone hire him.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Leaderboard is broken

This is aNet fault.

I’m not worried about being steam rolled, it’s quite the opposite.

NO ONE takes PvP seriously enough to even make decent teams to compete ( there something like 2 serious teams even in EU, the rest are pugs), because there’s nothing to compete for.

Now we have nothing, not even a decent way to make money ( something that was already not enough in order to play and keep playing at high level, because any random tryhard playing all day at 70% rating, winning 50% of his games, would have obtained the same stuff i did winning 50% of times in top 100).

If before this patch there was little reason to play PvP, now there’s none.

NONE.

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

1. Keep giving glory

This or a similar approach would have made sense.
As I said, their communication of this topic and the next steps really has room for improvement.

It seems like they gave it to someone fresh from college and with little to no experience in PR. Mistakes happen, especially if you are inexperienced or have a young team, but I don’t understand why they don’t do anything to repair the damage done.

Which leads me to the conclusion that there simply is no system to replace the old one yet. And even if we assume that there is a good system that will take over, their communication policy takes a lot of the drive away from it.

Not to add to some drama, but all in all I do consider this somewhat disrespectful to us as customers.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

1. Keep giving glory

This or a similar approach would have made sense.
As I said, their communication of this topic and the next steps really has room for improvement.

It seems like they gave it to someone fresh from college and with little to no experience in PR. Mistakes happen, especially if you are inexperienced or have a young team, but I don’t understand why they don’t do anything to repair the damage done.

Which leads me to the conclusion that there simply is no system to replace the old one yet. And even if we assume that there is a good system that will take over, their communication policy takes a lot of the drive away from it.

Not to add to some drama, but all in all I do consider this somewhat disrespectful to us as customers.

That’s exactly my point.

Bolded for emphasis.

in PvP

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

It’s fine, relax. Give them credit where credit is due! And all will be taken care of soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Vash Past.4385

Vash Past.4385

Don’t get me wrong, I think PvP needs some love(I’m always crying about wanting deathmatch) but some people here are seriously underestimating PvP rewards right now. I signed in after being away for a couple months with a lot of unspent glory and found this new rewards merchant in the mists. I bought close to 90 of those instant-level books rightfoff the bat with glory and gold. I also found with glory boosters(which I have hundreds of) I get 3-6 more books per hour if i reque quickly and Nick but in matches(which I do. =) ). This means between the gold and glory rewards in PvP right now I can level any character on my account at a rate of 3-6 levels per hour. It’s super sweet, I can’t imagine why everyone isn’t in PvP right now.

I took two of my characters and leveled them 60 levels in a minute a piece each, it was awesome. They were blasting like little supernovas!

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

1. Keep giving glory

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Glory-Gain-Until-Skill-Patch-Please/first#post3710496

Besides the caps lock stuff, I totally agree.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

OverlordOutpost.5961

Don’t get me wrong, I think PvP needs some love(I’m always crying about wanting deathmatch) but some people here are seriously underestimating PvP rewards right now. I signed in after being away for a couple months with a lot of unspent glory and found this new rewards merchant in the mists. I bought close to 90 of those instant-level books rightfoff the bat with glory and gold. I also found with glory boosters(which I have hundreds of) I get 3-6 more books per hour if i reque quickly and Nick but in matches(which I do. =) ). This means between the gold and glory rewards in PvP right now I can level any character on my account at a rate of 3-6 levels per hour. It’s super sweet, I can’t imagine why everyone isn’t in PvP right now.

I took two of my characters and leveled them 60 levels in a minute a piece each, it was awesome. They were blasting like little supernovas!

You realize glory got removed so you can’t earn anymore of that?