Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I’d prefer them to get hp for doing something

funny you should say that

What is so hard about healing signet?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I’d prefer them to get hp for doing something, right now Blood Fiend is a lesser heal than healing signet AND: can be killed, cced, evaded, LOSed, has a huge cast time. Like really?

Last time I checked, Healing signet does not attack your enemy. Although, I’m sure Arenanet could manage to make it do that.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Why not just put this in the patch notes today:

- Healing signet passive heal reduced by 5%

Is it really so hard to do?

thats what i ask myself the whole time.. “shaving” is the word jonathan sharp likes to use. but only on a 6monlthy frequenty to let things “settle”…

well they could change 2-3 little things and see how it affect the game.. but no, hey lets wait xxx months and throw a big bunch of all possible changes and then live with the outcome for several months.

Shaving is something you do on a daily basis.
If you doing it every 6 months, you better be shearing, not shaving.

i know. u should say that the devs. we get interrupted in pvp almost every 2 weeks, so i dont see any reason why they cant introduce 2-3 little changes and see how it affects the game/ pvp for 2 weeks before the next update hits the server.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

^^100% agreement.

This is exactly what the PvP balance team should be doing.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’d prefer them to get hp for doing something, right now Blood Fiend is a lesser heal than healing signet AND: can be killed, cced, evaded, LOSed, has a huge cast time. Like really?

Last time I checked, Healing signet does not attack your enemy. Although, I’m sure Arenanet could manage to make it do that.

You realize 100% uptime it does about the damage of 1/2 a 0 condi damage bleed? C’mon now.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

50% reduction would be fine

150% reduction would be a start

And these are the type of players that want to see warriors reduce to free kills.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Sure, sounds fair.. as long as I get your second healthbar.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

My heal doesn’t heal through my “block” (you know that second health bar that reduces my abilities to 5 meh abilities?). You can block and every bit of healing still goes right to you. I forgot to mention that. Our heal ALSO doesn’t heal us when we use our own friggen defenses! Thanks for reminding me. You have stability/blocks and heal for MORE without fail, ours has all those drawbacks I mentioned AND doesn’t heal us when we use our only real “defense”.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

My heal doesn’t heal through my “block” (you know that second health bar that reduces my abilities to 5 meh abilities?). You can block and every bit of healing still goes right to you. I forgot to mention that. Our heal ALSO doesn’t heal us when we use our own friggen defenses! Thanks for reminding me. You have stability/blocks and heal for MORE without fail, ours has all those drawbacks I mentioned AND doesn’t heal us when we use our only real “defense”.

There are heals in the game that are already stronger than healing signet. There are also many other things to take into account besides strictly healing numbers. Healing signet already has a major weakness, it’s called burst damage.

I would also like to mention that I have no problem taking down warriors running healing signet, even when I run healing surge or play thief. They die just as fast as the next bad. I don’t see a problem, but I can imagine how low dps builds and bad players may see it as a problem (and turn to the forums to whine as usual).

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

There are heals in the game that are already stronger than healing signet. There are also many other things to take into account besides strictly healing numbers. Healing Signet already has a major weakness, it’s called burst damage.

Did you read what I said? Its the same concept EXCEPT
- It heals for less (300(no scaling) hps versus 350+scaling
- Can die
- CCable
- Doesn’t heal me when an enemy stealths

It has the same weakness yours does but so much more. That was my point.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

There are heals in the game that are already stronger than healing signet. There are also many other things to take into account besides strictly healing numbers. Healing Signet already has a major weakness, it’s called burst damage.

- Can die
- CCable

Yes, and as I have already said, YOU CAN’T DIRECTLY COMPARE 1 HEAL AND ANOTHER HEAL and automatically conclude one is overpowered because it heals for more.

That’s like me looking at a Guardian and saying “Hey, I don’t get heal procs on my weapons, or protection, or aegis, or vigor on every crit… GUARD is OP!”. See how silly that looks?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

- Can die
- CCable

Yes, and as I have already said, YOU CAN’T DIRECTLY COMPARE 1 HEAL AND ANOTHER HEAL and automatically conclude one is overpowered because it heals for more.

That’s like me looking at a Guardian and saying “Hey, I don’t get heal procs on my weapons, or protection, or aegis, or vigor on every crit… GUARD is OP!”. See how silly that looks?

Warriors are stronger than Necros in burst, CC and survivability. NO ONE runs Blood fiend. You’re making your case worse. Only thing Necros are good for is Conditions, and they all run Consume Conditions.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

- Can die
- CCable

Warriors are stronger than Necros in burst, CC and survivability. NO ONE runs Blood fiend. You’re making your case worse. Only thing Necros are good for is Conditions, and they all run Consume Conditions.

If you think necro is bad, you have more issues than healing signet.

Also

Warrior is getting nerfed already, bad necromancers rejoice! News at 11.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

- Can die
- CCable

You’re only reading half of what I say. Condition necros are fine. THEY use consume conditions. Blood fiend is bad, ask ANY necro, and you can’t simply write off the mount of disadvantages Blood Fiend has over your stupid signet. I didn’t ask for signet to be nerfed. I want Blood fiend to be better.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

- Can die
- CCable

You’re only reading half of what I say. Condition necros are fine. THEY use consume conditions. Blood fiend is bad, ask ANY necro, and you can’t simply write off the mount of disadvantages Blood Fiend has over your stupid signet. I didn’t ask for signet to be nerfed. I want Blood fiend to be better.

So? You want warrior healing signet nerfed to blood fiend levels so it’s bad for us too? Jealous much?

Edit: You can understand my confusion as you are posting in healing signet nerf thread. Why not start a blood fiend topic? I obviously misunderstood you, so this is a non issue.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

- Can die
- CCable

So? You want warrior healing signet nerfed to blood fiend levels so it’s bad for us too? Jealous much?

Edit: You can understand my confusion as you are posting in healing signet nerf thread. Why not start a blood fiend topic? I obviously misunderstood you, so this is a non issue.

Actually I already had started one, I would post it into the sPvP forums and not just the necro forums but people complain about AI already. People aren’t fair :/

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

once again, warriors are not god like. they can be killed.

they can be hard to kill if you trait gear themselves for it and play accordingly.

if someone cannot defeat a warrior in a 1 versus 1 situation, perhaps he / she was fighting a warrior spec geared defensively with more health and armor etc.

remember, guild wars 2 is a team game, bring friends.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

reduce it by 50-100 healing per sec

in PvP

Posted by: Psych.6527

Psych.6527

they can be hard to kill if you trait gear themselves for it and play accordingly.

if someone cannot defeat a warrior in a 1 versus 1 situation, perhaps he / she was fighting a warrior spec geared defensively with more health and armor etc.

Yep, always go into a fight 5v1 against a warr, that is the only way you can beat him. Team fights OP! go guild wars 2! healing sig perfect heals too little actually! /sarcasm off…

Finch Psydstep|Phantasmal Mesmer and Council Leader of
Gamers Republic of South Africa[RSA]|Aurora Glade.
“If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule, of honor!”

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

reduce it by 50-100 healing per sec

50 – 100 is too much.

lets start by shaving it a bit.
say 20 – 40

at the moment, it is
392 + healing power x 0.05

maybe …
360 + healing power x 0.10

better?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Yep, always go into a fight 5v1 against a warr, that is the only way you can beat him. Team fights OP! go guild wars 2! healing sig perfect heals too little actually! /sarcasm off…

not really. 2 vs 1 is enough to down a warrior.
2 vs 1 situations occurs quite often in 8 vs 8 though i am not sure how it is in 5 vs 5.

healing signet is fine. not too much, not too few.
just right.

but if they wanna shave it, at least increase the extra from healing power.
shave the base a bit, but increase the extra from healing power.

in PvP

Psych.6527

Thats how it should be, 392 HPS with no healing power is a joke. Not too mention that HS requires no active game play to actually receive that HPS unlike other heal skill signets

“If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule, of honor!”

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Thats how it should be, 392 HPS with no healing power is a joke. Not too mention that HS requires no active game play to actually receive that HPS unlike other heal skill signets

what do think about

at 300 healing power it is (30 points in tactics)
360 + 30 = 390

but, warrior really needs the passive regen from healing signet to be able to, perform like a warrior. and not drop like a paper doll.

in PvP

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

A class will be overpowered in any MMO if it has too much of the following things: Damage, Survival, Mobility, CC immunities. The current GW2 warrior is no exception.

Highest base HP + highest base armor(other classes have to sacrifice a lot of damage to reach the same level of HP/armor that warriors start with), High direct damage, high passive healing per second, high mobility with greatsword or sword, lots of immunities to CC and damage from zerker stance, stability, endure pain.

I mean its just crazy. How delusional do you have to be to argue warriors are fine right now. They take the meaning of the phrase “trade-off” and throw it in the trash, they have everything!

Another fun fact: A Berserker thief can spam ranged attacks into a warrior and healing signet alone will outheal the damage. The warrior could be afk and never die! Lol.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

healing sig is a joke

with a bit of kiting and awareness of your oponents any player is almost invincible playing it. there is no timing of skill, it heals all the time. which means in the hands of a decent player even a 1v2 is almost a no-brainer.

even on mist npc’s if playing a warrior you need to do 1/20 of effort compared to other classes, whilst doing your laundry and kitten at the same time

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Psych.6527

what do think about

at 300 healing power it is (30 points in tactics)
360 + 30 = 390

but, warrior really needs the passive regen from healing signet to be able to, perform like a warrior. and not drop like a paper doll.

That seems like a fair conversion of healing power to HPS. That is not my main concern though, the heal signet still has no real counter which is really bad game mechanics as every other heal within the game has a counter every other heal skill in the game has atleast some counter to it

Shelter
This blocks attacks while healing at the end of the duration, but unblockable attacks can still get through this, as well as a well timed cc as the heal oly occurs at the end

Withdraw
This is the only one i dont know of how to counter besides for cripple(which reduces withdraw range), poison(which makes an already weak heal even worse) and chain CC to prevent the heal from happening as thief is already a squishy class with little HP that can be deadly.

As for Heal signet, classes such as mesmer, very minimal access to poison, with high cooldowns and short durations, it is not viable to say just keep poison on the warrior. Some mechanic to be put in to make the heal come from active game play is needed so that there is a counter for all classes. Obviously depending on the mechanic the conversion from healing power and/or base heal can be adjusted accordingly(high or lower)

(edited by Psych.6527)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

but no one was complaining about healing signet’s “passive play” previously when the health regenerated was about 200+ per second.

in PvP

Stx.4857

but no one was complaining about healing signet’s “passive play” previously when the health regenerated was about 200+ per second.

This is relevant because…. ?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

because healing signet was too weak previously, no one bothered.
and now it is better, a lot people suddenly has a lot of things to say about it.

a warrior is suppose to be able to take a lot of damage before he goes down.
the passive health regeneration from healing signet achieves that.

in PvP

Psych.6527

There is a whole thread about the passive play, and it may not have the correct suggestions for it, but its a start..
There is currently no other healing skill in game that passively heals for doing absolutely nothing, that you can afk by mobs in PvE as well, and survive for hours on end.. There is currently NO risk vs reward for slotting this skill.

in PvP

Stx.4857

and now it is better, a lot people suddenly has a lot of things to say about it.

Why would anyone complain about a skill that is weak? You aren’t making a point here…

in PvP

Psych.6527

This skill did deserver a buff, but the passive play wasnt a problem because the HS was not viable. Now that it is viable, too viable that the other heal skills are not even considered anymore. The problems of it are now showing it self

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Now that it is viable, too viable that the other heal skills are not even considered anymore.

Because other skills cant give you enough sustain to outlast any competent player in current meta? What other alternative warrior have, spec to glasscannon and try to burst against condition bunker/PD thief/PU mesmer? Ye, have fun with that.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

No one complained before because the passive play that HS provided had an appropriately lower reward than healing skills that require active use.

The problem with it now is that HS has one of the highest healing outputs in the game, and in turn makes passive play more rewarding than active play.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

No one complained before because the passive play that HS provided had an appropriately lower reward than healing skills that require active use.

The problem with it now is that HS has one of the highest healing outputs in the game, and in turn makes passive play more rewarding than active play.

That’s really not how the passive is supposed to be see. It’s supposed to be seen as sustain versus burst, not have crappy healing because of risk versus reward. (FYI I don’t play warrior). This risk versus reward argument stuff literally screams of “make the game imbalanced, I don’t want x to be viable”, which is terrible. Its not risk versus reward, its sustain versus burst. Healing signet is cruddy versus burst and that’s the whole idea behind it. Is the heal maybe a little over the top due to Adrenal health? Sure, but stop trying to make it useless because you don’t understand the concept of it.