Why all the rangers

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

What the flip is with all the god kitten rangers recently. I swear to god every match I go into now has 5+ rangers in it (out of 10). Everywhere I go it’s just stand still let arrows rain then root + spam. What so many all of a sudden?

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Rangers are pvp god tier, didn’t you get that memo? :P

Honestly, no clue, it may still be an influx of new players getting into pvp fresh, or people just playing what they want to play (if ranger happens to be that)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Absent Minded.5821

Absent Minded.5821

Yes! Step one of rangers’ world domination is nearly complete! Now if only we could get them all to stop running LB/GS then we could make some real progress!

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Ever since the pet responsive was increase more rangers have started to appear. Also yes most of them like to find a safe spot and pew pew you from 1500 range which prob one of the most kitten annoying things in the game.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

People are getting bored and Ranger is something new and different for people that passed it up before. That’s my theory. =P

Why all the rangers

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

People are getting bored and Ranger is something new and different for people that passed it up before. That’s my theory. =P

That might be part of it though standing in one spot pew pewing from range isn’t very engaging neither is spirit ranger.

Isle of Janthir

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Quakeman.9378

That might be part of it though standing in one spot pew pewing from range isn’t very engaging neither is spirit ranger.

Yeah I mean it might be kind of amusing, but being on the receiving end is not. I was in a match a little while ago and the entire enemy team was ranger, most of whom were just standing still spamming longbow. And for some reason they all decided they hate eles and decided to only attack me x.x
Pew pew wasn’t so funny when I got up in their faces.

“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

Why all the rangers

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

Yeah I mean it might be kind of amusing, but being on the receiving end is not. I was in a match a little while ago and the entire enemy team was ranger, most of whom were just standing still spamming longbow. And for some reason they all decided they hate eles and decided to only attack me x.x
Pew pew wasn’t so funny when I got up in their faces.

I know I know I find to be the most annoying thing is the game atm I just hate it. I will generally switch target to said ranger even if there are thiefs about idc. I just want dem freaking pew pewers dead lol. Also those type of rangers are actually pretty viable esp if there is no thief around.

Isle of Janthir

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

as a ranger, i mostly dislike eles and thieves that’s why i make sure they’d drop dead 1st on a team fight. just saying, ^^,

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I still kill any ranger 1v1 fine

R.I.P Kumu <3

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I still kill any ranger 1v1 fine

Challenge accepted!

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Valentin.2073

i was talking about team fights not 1v1. lol

a ranger’s purpose is to kill other players who kite and pressure and make sure the bunkers on his team survive.

when it comes to 1v1, it really depends on the player’s skill. the profession is insignificant.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

when it comes to 1v1, it really depends on the player’s skill. the profession is insignificant.

Warriors.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

PEW 2K CRIT
PEW 2K CRIT
Crap , they noticed me, run run run.
Finds a ledge\ looks around for sword thieves
PEW 2K CRIT
PEW 2K CRIT

Edit: Power rangers are terrible and auto die 1v1, yet kinda fun after having been forced into the now lousy bunker cond build since forever
Edit: About 50% of the rangers I’ve spectated in hotjoins have full spirit traits without a single spirit utility.
Not even joking

(edited by dylan.5409)

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

remember bearbow is OP

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I have noticed a lot of other Rangers recently also, and none of them play the GS/LB build that well either. Then there is that guy who plays zerk LB/SB…gotta love him.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’ve not seen this, its still the usual meta clones running around,
i see afew rangers but nowhere near what the OP is saying lol
though i probably see more thieves than anything recently

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Well I don’t like or use either bow, so no pew pew from me!

As said, probably people are playing just for a change, and ranger melee has some of the coolest animations in the game.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Quakeman.9378

Yeah I mean I don;t have a problem with them until there’s 3 or more pew pewing at me. Even worse is I’ll be in a nice 1v1 fight and all of a sudden my health starts dropping and I hear pew pew in the background. Then you try running away and they freaking chase you to the god kitten ends of the earth lol.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Yeah I mean I don;t have a problem with them until there’s 3 or more pew pewing at me. Even worse is I’ll be in a nice 1v1 fight and all of a sudden my health starts dropping and I hear pew pew in the background. Then you try running away and they freaking chase you to the god kitten ends of the earth lol.

it’s because eles got this insane mobility that everybody hates. i really dislike eles after the patch. they can bunker and escape anytime they want. a bunker ranger has no option like that when it comes to 1v1. we stay in a fight to kill or be killed. that’s it.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

it’s because eles got this insane mobility that everybody hates. i really dislike eles after the patch. they can bunker and escape anytime they want. a bunker ranger has no option like that when it comes to 1v1. we stay in a fight to kill or be killed. that’s it.

What… you sure you aren’t talking about guardians? Ranger NEVER “loses” 1 v 1 because it can always peel out.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Valentin.2073

What… you sure you aren’t talking about guardians? Ranger NEVER “loses” 1 v 1 because it can always peel out.

ele has far more mobility than any other class and they can sure tank like hell too with insane regen using water attunement (not even their allotted heal skill). a bunker spirit/condi ranger cannot chase a fleeing ele. i say gw2 buffed eles way too much. it needs some shaving. they cannot be tanky and fast at the same time.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Because the skill floor is so low anyone can fight with it and be effective without being punished for wasted moves.

Lots of PvEers who are new to PvP or players that are just lacking in general why not roll a safe bet and still be credit to team?

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Absent Minded.5821

Absent Minded.5821

Because the skill floor is so low anyone can fight with it and be effective without being punished for wasted moves.

Lots of PvEers who are new to PvP or players that are just lacking in general why not roll a safe bet and still be credit to team?

Yeah warriors are a pain.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

ele has far more mobility than any other class and they can sure tank like hell too with insane regen using water attunement (not even their allotted heal skill). a bunker spirit/condi ranger cannot chase a fleeing ele. i say gw2 buffed eles way too much. it needs some shaving. they cannot be tanky and fast at the same time.

what

Ele hasn’t been this powerful since the nerfs a few months after launch, and even now theyre not THAT hard to kill.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

what

Ele hasn’t been this powerful since the nerfs a few months after launch, and even now theyre not THAT hard to kill.

tanky or not. eles still die to 2 good bursts or some stunlocks. And chill spam. And immob spam…. and cripple spam…. and weakness spam…. and condition spam…. and 2222222 teef spam…..

uhm yeah, i guess we must conclude that eles is hardcountering warriors, engis, guardians and mesmers…

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

And to compensate eles have light armour with the lowest HP pool. Whereas a warrior can get insane regen, mobility, and all around survivabilit , while having heavy armour and highest HP pool. That being said, I find it odd how somebody can complain about an elementalist.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Valentin.2073

you guys have no idea how much eles got buffed after the patch. they have too much condition cleanse, regen, and mobility. it’s stupid. they can even stack might like crazy. they are the new braindead class in pvp.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

Yes! Step one of rangers’ world domination is nearly complete! Now if only we could get them all to stop running LB/GS then we could make some real progress!

whats wrong with lb/gs?

when i want no brainer game, i log with this or turret engi. love it.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Zomaarwat.3912

you guys have no idea how much eles got buffed after the patch. they have too much condition cleanse, regen, and mobility. it’s stupid. they can even stack might like crazy. they are the new braindead class in pvp.

NO. Eles ARE NOT braindead. Not now. Dont even think about saying that again.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Brain dead classes are always popular

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Zomaarwat.3912

Brain dead classes are always popular

I wonder, are all popular classes braindead then?

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

I have noticed a lot of other Rangers recently also, and none of them play the GS/LB build that well either. Then there is that guy who plays zerk LB/SB…gotta love him.

that’s me!

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Actually I started seeing GS/LB rangers even before the patch. Since the patch, however, there’s this crazy new tweak to the old shortbow build that can stack 19-20 bleeds in no time on you, even if you’re facing them so you’re not getting the shortbow auto flank/rear bleed. I’m guessing sharpening stone+sigil of earth combo or something?
Not a massive problem as 1 cleanse/transfer can clear 1 bleed as easily as 20, but still impressive how fast they can stack them, and then restack them after you’ve cleansed!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

GS/Axe x 2

and luvin’ it =D

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: conti.5187

conti.5187

NO. Eles ARE NOT braindead. Not now. Dont even think about saying that again.

Not braindead but they are OP atm they can outperform warriors right now only saving grace is they are harder to play.

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That’s probably people who is going for the Chapion title.

The titles that sound nice for many characters are Legionnaire (for charr), Slayer (for norn), Genius (for asura) and Hunter (for many purposes). So people try to get those first.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Why all the rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

It must be my good looks.