Why does my success depend on other players?

in PvP

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

I’m absolutely sick to death of players who don’t know what to do in PvP matches.

They fight off point and clearly the capture points part of the game is lost on them.

I feel like I’m the only person on my team looking at the map icons, seeing where players are, playing strategically.

All I want is my Champion title and I’ll be goneski from PvP. It’s disappointing that my success in achieving this goal is dependent on players who have no idea what they’re doing.

/rant

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You could always try and form a premade for team queue and just farm your title that way…

But yeah i agree with you on your rant, sometimes I wonder if people think ‘rotating’ means turning their character with their keyboard because it certainly seems like it…

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Agreed. This is why they should balance around 1v1 and have a special dueling mode that gives just as much rank points or glory as the other modes.

Hate having to lose because of others. The reverse is also true btw – people often win even if they don’t know what they’re doing.

in PvP

SonOfKrypton.4357

You could always try and form a premade for team queue and just farm your title that way…

How do you go about doing that? I’ve never done that before.

Agreed. This is why they should balance around 1v1 and have a special dueling mode that gives just as much rank points or glory as the other modes.

Hate having to lose because of others. The reverse is also true btw – people often win even if they don’t know what they’re doing.

Mhm! That is the absolute worst. When they have no idea what they’re doing and because you can’t predict it they win. :P

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I’m absolutely sick to death of players who don’t know what to do in PvP matches.

They fight off point and clearly the capture points part of the game is lost on them.

I feel like I’m the only person on my team looking at the map icons, seeing where players are, playing strategically.

All I want is my Champion title and I’ll be goneski from PvP. It’s disappointing that my success in achieving this goal is dependent on players who have no idea what they’re doing.

/rant

Every Hotjoin/SoloQueue/TeamQueue/Battleground/Warfront/Warzone/Arena across all MMO titles have teammates in which directly influence your win or lose.

Rant noted. But there’s only one actual helpful way to remedy this problem, and that as a community, we become – on average – better educated players about the conquest gamestyle. It’s an extremely, extremely difficult concept to master due to the very different, dynamic circumstances that enemy rotations can put you under.

I feel that anet should add some how-to videos on their twitch channel documenting on how to rotate properly and manage their behaviour/positioning in teamfights properly.

There are basically zero resources that I’ve seen on how to play conquest..

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Because its a team play. The same thing could happen in a basketball match [insert any sport here], where you dont have your team and you pick 4 other random ppl passing by. Unluckily 2 of them dont know anything about that sport and dont know where to throw the ball, and eventually they get the wrong side of the playground and they score points for the opposing team.

Similar thing can happen here as in any other game, and its not Anet fault, it just happens when u get randoms. Even playing LoL i had some matches where i was mid and another one from my team came mid dying over and over to the other guy… feeding him like hell, he just had no idea what to do.

This may happen more frequently if u have a low matchmaking rank, so its more likely that u get matched with ppl with lot less experience than you.

If you want to form a team you can ask here on the forum, there is a dedicated section for those looking for a pvp team. Or if u dont want something stable but just want to find some ppl to pvp with, you can just ask in /map, while in the mists, or use the LFG tool.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

It’s a team vs. team and not individual vs. individual. Learn to work with a team.

in PvP

SonOfKrypton.4357

It’s a team vs. team and not individual vs. individual. Learn to work with a team.

My point exactly.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

/rant

What kind of feedback is this? I’m sorry spvp affects your pve game…

I would hazard a guess the opposite affects us far more.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

SonOfKrypton.4357

/rant

What kind of feedback is this? I’m sorry spvp affects your pve game…

I would hazard a guess the opposite affects us far more.

Hmmm, where in there does it say my PvE game…?

in PvP

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

Learn to work with a team…yeah…but what if 4 other people don’t know how to work with a team?

in PvP

Posted by: Coast.5162

Coast.5162

TEAMPLAY/VERSATILITY/LEADERSHIP/ADAPTING…

(edited by Coast.5162)

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

i agree, anyone with a tactical mind will be irate within approximately 10 soloq matches at the average skill level of players in this game,

as the tactics involved in actually winning are a lot different than the typically employed tactic of pursuing fun and running around with the mindset of being a 1 man army

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Just remind your team to press N for instructions.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

/rant

I’ve learned that if you think all members of your team are horrible except for you, most likely it is you that is the problem. In the team game, not everyone is going to play the same way you do. You have to adapt a bit based on what is going on.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

I think that conquest is easy for new players to get into

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

The same reason why, it takes 2 to tango, anything less than 2 makes you seem like a nutjob.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Rank is way too dependent on other players, when it should be partly win/loss but primarily your OWN contributions(ie: caps, defenses, kills, revives, etc.).

The current setup is just stupid and infuriating, not to mention it promotes playing a handful of games(hopefully winning them) and then not playing PvP again for months…which lets you retain top ranks. Yea, that’s a good MM system…

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

ya today we had two rank 1 players and one rank 2 player in a match in soloqueue…

i mean rank 1… they had absolutely no clue of what to do and of what they were doing…

not very experienced OK but having players which have not the slightest clue of what to do to win a game is just annoying…

rank 10 requirement would be nice…
ofc they will usually still be trashed by higher ranked players but in comparison to rank 1 experienced players a rank 10+ player usually contributes much more

and for team queue it would be ok if they had a full 5 man premade team i guess…
but if they join your 3 man group its super annoying again… :/

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

/rant

Every Hotjoin/SoloQueue/TeamQueue/Battleground/Warfront/Warzone/Arena across all MMO titles have teammates in which directly influence your win or lose.

Rant noted. But there’s only one actual helpful way to remedy this problem, and that as a community, we become – on average – better educated players about the conquest gamestyle. It’s an extremely, extremely difficult concept to master due to the very different, dynamic circumstances that enemy rotations can put you under.

I feel that anet should add some how-to videos on their twitch channel documenting on how to rotate properly and manage their behaviour/positioning in teamfights properly.

There are basically zero resources that I’ve seen on how to play conquest..

I like this guy… Like the one in a million who doesn’t say "YOU"RE ONLY RANK 27 GO BACK TO HOTJOIN FGT AND STOP USING CHEESE OR META BUILDS L2P B4 U Q YOU FGT"

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Basically what the guys above me said. Even a rank 30 may have played 95% hotjoins and the 5% arenas he did people just yelled and raged at him instead of trying to help him learn to play.

There are plenty of people who wouldnt listen anyway, but trying to help is better than nothing, im still fairly new and I know i learn a lot more from calm people than people who yell “WTF u scrubs why u no play better go back to pve u scrub”.

That or you know join a pvp guild so you dont have to deal with randoms

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

If you’re wanting 150 wins and a less stressful time with random elements I’d suggest you try to form a steady group or join one. It’ll be more fun and you’ll be less inclined to hit the desk with your head.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

You cannot control your fate in a solo queue match. The only thing you can do is to focus on pulling your own weight, contribute to your team to the best of your own abilities, and then leave it to the universe to decide whether you win or lose.

Your teammates are not your Pokemon, so don’t expect them to be, or treat them in that way.