Worst PvP You Have Ever Seen

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

What game has the worst pvp and why? Yes you can name this game.

The purpose of the thread is to show the devs what the community doesn’t like so they can hopefully correct what they see in game now, or avoid such things in future development.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

As well-intentioned as this post is, it’ll probably just draw a lot of QQ’ers to whine about how GW2 has the worst possible PvP that any game could ever witness, without any explanation how or why.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

What the poster above said.

But imo I would have the WoW (as of late). In 2006-09 it was a good game for pvp. After that major tournaments stopped holding the game at their events.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Demonsoul.9271

Demonsoul.9271

runescape

cuz everything

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

runescape

cuz everything

Actually….

… Yeah Runescape is pretty kittenin’ bad.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Stop QQ please. Gw2 is awesome and the developer created nice stuff for us in the last patch and they listen to us. Of course we all want everything done in 1 month, but it needs time. But they go into right direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Online-Poker…oh wait

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Laila.1078

Laila.1078

diablo3 pvp is pretty bad

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Diablo 3 was pretty bad, Diablo2 is so much better.

For my favorite pvp game, it was EQ when they had open world pvp server that was team based on good evil and neutral.

Nothing beats open world pvp.

This WvW kitten isn’t open world pvp so start with that kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

open world pvp is like the wet dream for anyone that likes imbalances in their favor

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

Runescape castle wars was amazing imo loved it

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

LotrO has the worst PvP

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

The by far worst PvP I’ve ever played, which will show the whiners in here how good GW2 PvP actually is, was in SWtOR.

The Game itself and the Modes weren’t too bad and I played quite a lot (two 90+ PvP-level Chars) In fact, Huttball was one of the coolest Game-Modes ever, but now it gets absolutely ridiculous:

1) PvP was only Server-intern, so you were only able to play with Players from your Server.
2) Tons of Servers were underpopulated, which means a few months into the game, we had like 20 really active PvP-Players on our Server, which meant you were only able to play ANY KIND OF PVP, during a few hours of the day.
3) Most Game-Modes were Reps vs Imps, but there were certain Maps were Teams of the same allegiance could face each other.
4) Many Servers had much more Imps than Reps, which together with the above fact meant, that Imps were able to farm gear and play PvP during times where reps weren’t even dreaming of finding enough Players for even 1 Group.
5) Gear made a huge difference, so when the Reps were actually able to play against Imps, they got roflstomped because Imps literally were all 1 Tier higher in Gear.
6) You had to first PvE your way to a Full-level Char, which took tons of time and was extremely boring to Players that just wanted to PvP
7) There were no Server-Transfers available, so if you wanted to switch to a more Populated Server, you would’ve had to start a completely new Char.

—> And this Problem existed for several Months, so I basically paid monthly costs on a game I was only interested in PvP in and wasn’t able to play PvP. It literally was a luxury of other Servers to complain about balance and stuff, because at least they actually could play PvP…. -.-°

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Trie Age of Conan pvp its f2p – you will never talk bout bad pvp in other games anymore again

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Oh yeah: One of the “coolest” Parts of SWtOR PvP Gear-progression was it’s randomness.

It was completely luck-based if you got sth. useful out of Chests or not and I was the highest PvP-rank on my Server, but I had such incredibly bad luck, that I actually had the Gear of a newb.

I almost cried each time I’ve opened a chest… It was like a 20-30% chance to get sth. useful out of it and I opened about one hundred chests and got basically NOTHING. ^^’

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

The by far worst PvP I’ve ever played, which will show the whiners in here how good GW2 PvP actually is, was in SWtOR.

The Game itself and the Modes weren’t too bad and I played quite a lot (two 90+ PvP-level Chars) In fact, Huttball was one of the coolest Game-Modes ever, but now it gets absolutely ridiculous:

1) PvP was only Server-intern, so you were only able to play with Players from your Server.
2) Tons of Servers were underpopulated, which means a few months into the game, we had like 20 really active PvP-Players on our Server, which meant you were only able to play ANY KIND OF PVP, during a few hours of the day.
3) Most Game-Modes were Reps vs Imps, but there were certain Maps were Teams of the same allegiance could face each other.
4) Many Servers had much more Imps than Reps, which together with the above fact meant, that Imps were able to farm gear and play PvP during times where reps weren’t even dreaming of finding enough Players for even 1 Group.
5) Gear made a huge difference, so when the Reps were actually able to play against Imps, they got roflstomped because Imps literally were all 1 Tier higher in Gear.
6) You had to first PvE your way to a Full-level Char, which took tons of time and was extremely boring to Players that just wanted to PvP
7) There were no Server-Transfers available, so if you wanted to switch to a more Populated Server, you would’ve had to start a completely new Char.

—> And this Problem existed for several Months, so I basically paid monthly costs on a game I was only interested in PvP in and wasn’t able to play PvP. It literally was a luxury of other Servers to complain about balance and stuff, because at least they actually could play PvP…. -.-°

Bad was also that you had no matchmaking, leaderboards or stuff like this. Sometimes you had to play the complete evening only against new players.

But yes, that you had to make pve to be able to play pvp was terrible.

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Diablo 3 PvP is abysmal…

Especially as its a very recent game…

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Diablo 3 PvP is abysmal…

Especially as its a very recent game…

The worst thing about D3-PvP was, that it was only recently implemented, years after it’s release…. And I actually bought it with very strong intentions to PvP, but I’m defenitely not going back to it now. ^^’

in PvP

Posted by: LordXxFreexX.3017

LordXxFreexX.3017

Guild Wars 2 has in my opinion the worst PvP of all Games there’s no balance in there a tank just dont die but still pwn u as hell and for the D3 sayers the D3 PvP is just for Fun killing ur Friends there was nothing seriously affect in it

in PvP

Posted by: LordXxFreexX.3017

LordXxFreexX.3017

I want Guild Wars 1 PvP back!

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

The card game war.

Matches take long and are determined by rng.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

The card game war.

Matches take long and are determined by rng.

Turn-based games with an RNG element actually do an excellent job of being up-front with the player about the potential end of a match. A player’s victory isn’t set in stone, but it’s understood that there is an RNG element and that the player—while still able to do all that he/she can to work against that element of randomness—is ultimately held at the whim of the shuffle and draw. More importantly, many of these kinds of encounters are made to resolve as quickly as possible. The only time that turn-based games drag on is because there is a palpable sense of tension regarding player choices.

GW2 is among the worst examples of a pvp experience because it has all of the elements of an RNG turn-based game, except that these elements are slapped over top of a non-turn-based system. In effect, what is happening is that the game tricks the player into thinking that his/her in-combat choices matter, when in reality, the fate of pvp combatants has effectively been decided before anyone in a match even pressed the queue button. Worse yet, GW2’s combat drags on and on for 10 to 15 minutes at a time instead of resolving quickly; forcing players to repeatedly and unduly experience the reality that they are either hard-countering someone on the other team or vice-versa.

GW2 is a terrible pvp experience because it’s a lie. There is no skill; there is no choice. There are only hard-counters to carry players through combat; there is only passive footsie with enemies until cool-downs come off.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

I miss lineage 2 pvp.

That’s a mans pvp right there.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

LotrO has the worst PvP

agreed.
It was fun for a while untill they changed the whole moors and now it’s either unfair or dead.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Runescape. I just can’t imagine how any PvP could be worse than this: hit-wait-gorge fish-hit…

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

As well-intentioned as this post is, it’ll probably just draw a lot of QQ’ers to whine about how GW2 has the worst possible PvP that any game could ever witness, without any explanation how or why.

or people could explain how and why.

such as only 1 game mode on 6 maps.
one of these maps has such negative feedback but the devs still wont remove it.
lack of balance, lack of reward, lack of dev support and communication,
suggestions go ignored, lack of hope for future content.

but for me the worst thing is that the combat system is so good,
there is so much potential and its being squandered.
it makes it impossible to migrate to a game with devs who care for pvp.
so until an MMO comes out with a combat system as good/better than this one we are stuck with the decision between an amazing and fluid combat system but aweful pvp, or clunky out-dated combat systems with devs that actually care.

also note i’ve been a pvper in pretty much every MMO this century.
WAR, AoC , WoW since vanilla (quit just before panda-lameness), CO, SWTOR, GW1, Aion, Tera
some were great, some were ok, some were pretty bad, but none of them feel so neglected and so pointless as GW2, with all of its potential.
the tragic thing is, of all the MMOs i’ve played GW1 was probably the best pvp,
what happened to anet?!

(edited by Liewec.2896)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

…of all the MMOs i’ve played GW1 was probably the best pvp, what happened to anet?!

Big part of people who designed, developed and built GW1 left Arena-Net (I guess due to misearble payment). The new development/management is totally different. For e.g. if we compare the cooperation between top-players and the balance team. Everything gets handled differently.

Also the new staff wanted to invent the wheel again and bring the game to another level. Copy-Paste with better graphics was too easy for those geniuses (in my opinion a big waste of a perfect PvP, R.I.P. GW1).

I think the problem is that especially the balance-team had since release no idea how to balance PvP properly. It’s still the case. They go all the way for casuals, but don’t realise that on the long run, there needs to be depth and a high skill-ceiling, to feel some sort of class-progression, not only strategic progression. The ability to spam is probably the origin of the cancer.

Anyway, hope they remake GW1 when GW3 happens.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

Not sure if srs. Different strokes I guess? Either way, I still think this is one of the better PvP games in the MMORPG genre. Not as in-depth as GW1 but still manages to be more fun and balanced than most titles out there.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Runescape. I just can’t imagine how any PvP could be worse than this: hit-wait-gorge fish-hit…

Yes, because “spam rotation – mash auto-attack and strafe – press healing button – spam rotation” is much more engaging. I suppose it is. GW2 is effectively Runescape in many ways except that the player can simply move while pressing attack buttons. It’s rather innovative.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

GW2 because it started off so well and then bunkers that do massive damage appeared. Warriors can one shot people and yet can tank a point for 10-15 seconds whilst a guardian is off point healing and regaining his cooldowns.

And because they moved in the direction of heals which cannot be interrupted which reduces much of the skill in the game.

Also they have clear outliers in terms of how strong skills are. Withdraw, berzerker stance, impale, and others I can’t be bothered to think of.

And then they did crazy things like buff thief initiative regen by 33%. Lowering all the cooldowns of a profession by 33% in a single patch was probably the biggest buff I have ever seen for any class in any game ever. Let alone the fact that this class was already one of, if not, the best classes in the game.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Even for all Ragnarok Online’s nostalgia.

It’s PvP was very bad, as it was almost completely driven By exploits.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Legends of kesmai.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Game starts 4v5, someone on the team decides to not play because its 4v5 making it 3v5. Team never scores a point, we lose 0 – 501.

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

LotrO has the worst PvP

I couldn’t agree more. LotRO wasn’t designed for PvP so it was a bit of an after thought and it shows. On a side note, LotRO isn’t even the PvE game it used to be.. it’s now a grind fest with menial difficulty and no more classic raid instances(the developers stated as much).

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Stop QQ please. Gw2 is awesome and the developer created nice stuff for us in the last patch and they listen to us. Of course we all want everything done in 1 month, but it needs time. But they go into right direction.

hold up a moment.

I wanted GW1 with a z axis. A kitten ton of us wanted that. We were told we’d get something sort of like that, and Magic The Gathering was specifically sited as a source of inspiration.

GW2 Has never been close to being the spiritual anything of either of those games.

They have never listened to their players.

Remember when the players said downed states were kittening terrible? They’re still here.

We said the ele downed state was the worst and asked others be nerfed to the same level? They buffed ele to be strongest downed state to solve that problem.

Or when we asked to separate organized from random ques in tournament and they released that awful ‘paid’ tournament thing that just resulted in teams farming unpaid tournaments to get the tokens to do paid tournaments?

There have been a lot of times when the community told the devs what they wanted, and the devs thought they knew better… that’s why this game has some pretty kittenty PvP.

No it’s not the worst PvP, I don’t know what is… but the pvp here is pretty terrible especially when measured against GW1 and the audiences expectations.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Oh yeah: One of the “coolest” Parts of SWtOR PvP Gear-progression was it’s randomness.

It was completely luck-based if you got sth. useful out of Chests or not and I was the highest PvP-rank on my Server, but I had such incredibly bad luck, that I actually had the Gear of a newb.

I almost cried each time I’ve opened a chest… It was like a 20-30% chance to get sth. useful out of it and I opened about one hundred chests and got basically NOTHING. ^^’

OMFG where was I when this happened?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Swagg.9236 , id pay you 5g if you draw the whole costume xD

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/