elementalist

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Dragoon.9536

Dragoon.9536

can we do sumthing about their retreats . no one can catch them unless if you plan out and predict all pathing other wise you cannot catch /kill one of these.

my proposal is that if elemental is in combat that he or she is stuck in that one form of element til out of combat.

im tired of these switch to lightning just to wisp away or in vapor form in water still annoying

No other class has access to this multiple set
No i did not get beaten by an elemental just that even with all 5 people on one ele he just get up and runs away in rid the lightning then water form heal self back to full over n over n over n over. it gets to the point where its no longer possible to beat an elemental unless if your team is spread out to catch him at the end of his running moves.

now for math formula
elemental has about 4 set of element x that by 5 is 20 … this isnt even counting the sigils and other 4 spells

AS an engineer i can have that many but why i dont get any running or saving my kitten or op healing and i dont get any sigil passive only in traits. which is a bit lame.

Since the nerf to grenades other class has to compensate too

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Eles are fine…. stuck them to 1 ele LOLOL thats like ruining the whole class purpose.

How about 1 immobilize right when he uses ride the lightning? You know they lose all their skills and cant do anything not even cancel it while moving in ride the lightning right? So ya, he cant remove immobilize, there you go, he just got stuck in place for around 3 seconds without being able to do anything.

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

I’d do that if engineers and every other class can no longer weapon switch or use utility skills.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Kylex.5962

Kylex.5962

What person above said.
Chain immob = gg ele.

Wannabe Thief – Chieftain Ninjas

(edited by Kylex.5962)

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: urinfamousr.7631

urinfamousr.7631

What person above said.
Chain immob = gg ele.

gl in a pug getting them to all “chain immob” and most spvp have 2-3 of these so the buffs/heals and cond removing is alot especially when ur group doesnt have one

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Ride the Lightning CD increased to 25 seconds (oportunity cost).
Ride the Lightning is now affected by slows.
Ta da!

elementalist

in PvP

hharry.1967

Thieves damage reduced by 50%.
Warrior’s HP reduced by 40%.
Tada!

Seriously, you only need ONE immo while hes doing the rtl animation and he will be stuck in place, without being able to use skills for 3-4 seconds!

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

^Way to overreact?

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

im tired of these switch to lightning just to wisp away or in vapor form in water still annoying

Eles can vapor form in fire too, and air… and earth.. (gasp!) Eles are indeed OP!! :O

But seriously dude, can you not try playing the class and learn its mechanics before QQing so that you don’t come out as a total kitten?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

ya i guess after a fight vs. an ele, who is a decent 1v1 class, every1 got an imobilize rdy to prevent them from escaping… ridiculous… just change rtl that it needs a target, would help in many situations i think

elementalist

in PvP

Gallrvaghn.4921

ya i guess after a fight vs. an ele, who is a decent 1v1 class, every1 got an imobilize rdy to prevent them from escaping… ridiculous… just change rtl that it needs a target, would help in many situations i think

It’s like saying, like everyone’s got an interrupt ready to prevent a warrior to HB or a stunbreak to prevent a thief to instagib you. It’s ridiculous. Duh?

I do however like your suggestion on a required target for RTL. But I think many eles won’t surely like it. :P

elementalist

in PvP

josh.7390

no its not gallrvaghn… its like saying every1 got an interrupt rdy after interrupting 100b or got stunbreak after using it for the thief… eles (and i mean s/d eles) are so bunkerish that you need 2 guys to get them down in an acceptable time… so you call your mate to help you, so he comes you atack the ele for 10secs and he just engages… your mate goes back into teamfight an puff you face the ele again…

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

I do however like your suggestion on a required target for RTL. But I think many eles won’t surely like it. :P

That’s because it would make it useless. It would be an alternative to autoattacking, which is boring and dull. The ele is designed as the king of versatility, you can’t change that because then you would have to redesign the entire profession.

elementalist

in PvP

Gallrvaghn.4921

What I see is, people complain about ele’s sustain heal or mobility (escapes via RTL) or both because they are annoyed they cannot kill the kitten but not so much about damage. They can’t kill the ele, but hey, they aren’t getting instagibbed by the ele too, are they?

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

What I see is, people complain about ele’s sustain heal or mobility (escapes via RTL) or both because they are annoyed they cannot kill the kitten but not so much about damage. They can’t kill the ele, but hey, they aren’t getting instagibbed by the ele too, are they?

They did complain about ele dmg months before release, months before the backstab build got famous and before mesmers buff, after that nobody play glass cannon ele anylonger because you get killed the moment you step out of the base…a perma stealth thief…maybe a mind wrack burst…and so on

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Blakey.5670

Blakey.5670

How can you chain immobilize a stability & protection wielding ,ride the lightning turning ,mist form changing, perma swiftness running "pro player " that makes up every elementist out there? I’m sure i’ve missed some too.

They turn the fight off in the switch of 2 buttons. And they got like 4 of them.

How is that balanced that half the suggestions in these forums is “Form a passy”?
I don’t see a whole guild knocking on my door when they want to take down an engineer, a warrior, a ranger or guardian.

You’re talking about diversity,which is kind of the engineers bag too, yet i to make a getaway i to invest in the buffing tree or use up atleast 2 of my utilitys while you can just ride out at the speed of light or heal your self out of there.

Behellzebab – lvl 80 pvp egineer

(edited by Blakey.5670)

elementalist

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

How can you chain immobilize a stability & protection wielding ,ride the lightning turning ,mist form changing, perma swiftness running "pro player " that makes up every elementist out there?

They turn the fight off in the switch of 2 buttons. And they got like 4 of them.

How is that balanced that half the suggestions in these forums is “Form a passy”?
I don’t see a whole guild knocking on my door when they want to take down an engineer, a warrior, a ranger or guardian.

So pls explain us what the kitten a light armor profession is supposed to do at mele range?
We can’t do dmg because is OP
We can’t survive because is OP
We can’t support because is OP
Maybe in other games the mage archetype class is just a free kill..because in this game the community is so bad that they complain about anything

elementalist

in PvP

Blakey.5670

What they should do ? The same thing that thief and engineers medium armor do at melle range, just a tad better – dodge, run , time their attcks and use their shields.

Not turn off the fight when they please to, not that.

elementalist

in PvP

Gallrvaghn.4921

How can you chain immobilize a stability & protection wielding ,ride the lightning turning ,mist form changing, perma swiftness running "pro player " that makes up every elementist out there? I’m sure i’ve missed some too.

You’re talking about diversity,which is kind of the engineers bag too, yet i to make a getaway i to invest in the buffing tree or use up atleast 2 of my utilitys while you can just ride out at the speed of light or heal your self out of there.

1. All eles have stability.
2. All eles are pro.

Those are the two things I got from this post actually. Wonderful

elementalist

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

What they should do ? The same thing that thief and engineers medium armor do at melle range, just a tad better – dodge, run , time their attcks and use their shields.

Nice comparison…
1) Thief got stealth and instagib burst combo +medium armor
2) Engineers got way more CC than eles in any possible way + 5k more base HP and medium armor

Eles got mistform as engy got elixir S,other than that they’ve got a single charge skill on dagger OH, so yeah you can’t really play roamer without ride the lightning and ocne they nerf that, ele will try to run staff only to be killed non stop by instagib thieves…after that eles will be out of any PvP team, the good thing about that is that finally (maybe) people will end kittening so hard about eles…even better make ele a PvE only profession.

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Well, u can be assured something is being done, eles are probably coming down a tad.
And a tad is all thats necessary.

elementalist

in PvP

Blakey.5670

1. All eles have stability.
2. All eles are pro.

Those are the two things I got from this post actually. Wonderful

Make it a habit to read posts twice before posting . I stated my case just fine thank you.

How to engineers got more CC then eles? You mean that 1 num 4# on the rifle?
That’s unless you ‘waste’ points on the pocket ram or kits that replace your main hand.

And thief being a different problem isn’t making this one right.

Eles with their multitude of buffs end up being just as durable if not more as any warrior while retaining better versatility.

I didn’t say eles are completely broken. They are fine for the most part, but an advantage is an advantage.
All they need is a change to their god like bunker builds and their switch off combat buttons ( which a couple of classes have, and it’s ridiculous).

(edited by Blakey.5670)

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

I like the idea of making ride the lightning affected by slows, just like warrior leaps except ele can still have good access to removals.

Maybe a longer cooldown would be interesting, that way the 20% cd air skills trait could be used.

Forever unranked.

elementalist

in PvP

josh.7390

How can you chain immobilize a stability & protection wielding ,ride the lightning turning ,mist form changing, perma swiftness running "pro player " that makes up every elementist out there?

So pls explain us what the kitten a light armor profession is supposed to do at mele range?
Maybe in other games the mage archetype class is just a free kill..because in this game the community is so bad that they complain about anything

Maybe im an analphabet but did anyone say nerf DMG or support or survivability? The only thing I am asking for is: When I play better than the ele and when I’m winning the 1v1 I want to kittening kill this ele as I do with any other class! But as soon as the ele sees that he’s loosing he just runs away! thats even worse then those idiotic match-leaving-stomp-preventers, ’cuz the ele is back after 15sec!

elementalist

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Maybe im an analphabet but did anyone say nerf DMG or support or survivability? The only thing I am asking for is: When I play better than the ele and when I’m winning the 1v1 I want to kittening kill this ele as I do with any other class! But as soon as the ele sees that he’s loosing he just runs away! thats even worse then those idiotic match-leaving-stomp-preventers, ’cuz the ele is back after 15sec!

I have just started a thread where I’m suggesting to remove completely the water heals and replace them with more CC and evasive skills similar to the ele trident that I love playing with, me and few more people ( ele players) have suggested this already a couple of times but no response from the devs.

You can support the thread by going to the ele sub-forum and leaving a post/starting a discussion ty

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Really stuck them on one element?They should make you pass a small iq test before allowing you to start a new thread here

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Ride the Lightning CD increased to 25 seconds (oportunity cost).
Ride the Lightning is now affected by slows.
Ta da!

+1!
as a warrior all of my speed boosts are effected by slows,
give the D/D noobs the same treatment!
dont give them special exceptions,
they’re already playing the easiest spec in the game.

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

Really stuck them on one element?They should make you pass a small iq test before allowing you to start a new thread here

lol

But really without healing and ride the lightning ele would just be a free kill, u already get 1 shoted by a haste backstab thief as it is if your mistform is of CD or if u get imobillized and u fail to cleanse it. Our dmg is mediocre at best and we’r only able to kill stuff because theres so many glass canon unsustainable builds out there…

aka Subl

elementalist

in PvP

josh.7390

lol

But really without healing and ride the lightning ele would just be a free kill, u already get 1 shoted by a haste backstab thief as it is if your mistform is of CD or if u get imobillized and u fail to cleanse it. Our dmg is mediocre at best and we’r only able to kill stuff because theres so many glass canon unsustainable builds out there…

Oh didnt know that mobility and healpower affects your toughness and helps surviving a one shotter… you still could full heal yourself you just need more skills and canr do it so often, still better then every other class which has only 1healskill (necro, mesmer a bit, but with IP he got insta distorttion so not such a big deal)…
to argue with thief instagib is senseless since that can say almost every class…

elementalist

in PvP

Avead.5760

lol

Oh didnt know that mobility and healpower affects your toughness and helps surviving a one shotter… you still could full heal yourself you just need more skills and canr do it so often, still better then every other class which has only 1healskill (necro, mesmer a bit, but with IP he got insta distorttion so not such a big deal)…
to argue with thief instagib is senseless since that can say almost every class…

So your problem is mobility or healing power?If they nerf healing power ele will still have a place in meta as a roamer defencive or not.If they nerf mobility that much then ele is out for good the way things are right now.You think 25 sec cd is a good spot??
What about a thief with shortbow?
2 IA at 900 range +stealth>15 sec cd 1200 gap closer.But you dont complain about thieves escapes here..Maybe cause in hot joins you mostly see hs spamming thieves that drop down like flies.In eu casuals havent even figured bs yet i swear..
Rtl is already affected by immob ,ccs area denial skills etc.Learn to use them.
If the ele has armor of earth twice during a fight up then blame that skill not the mobility..
Also to the people of that post in this thread..Attunement switch has cd which at minimum is 9.375 sec.That means that if i use rtl then switch and then come back to air and leave before the 15 sec of rtl are passed then i actulaly raise the cooldown of the skill at 20 sec +!. If i want to spamm rtl at 15 sec then i m actually kittening my rotation elsewhere.Bacially ele cds on ALL skills are effectively longer in practice depending on your rotations
Its a form of balance you fail to see initially..
Play the class if you want to learn how to counter it before proposing absurd things like what ive read.Its the least thing you can do if you want to be taken seriously.

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

ITT thieves complaining.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

elementalist

in PvP

josh.7390

lol

So your problem is mobility or healing power?If they nerf healing power ele will still have a place in meta as a roamer defencive or not.If they nerf mobility that much then ele is out for good the way things are right now.You think 25 sec cd is a good spot??
What about a thief with shortbow?
2 IA at 900 range +stealth>15 sec cd 1200 gap closer.But you dont complain about thieves escapes here..Maybe cause in hot joins you mostly see hs spamming thieves that drop down like flies.In eu casuals havent even figured bs yet i swear..
Rtl is already affected by immob ,ccs area denial skills etc.Learn to use them.
If the ele has armor of earth twice during a fight up then blame that skill not the mobility..
Also to the people of that post in this thread..Attunement switch has cd which at minimum is 9.375 sec.That means that if i use rtl then switch and then come back to air and leave before the 15 sec of rtl are passed then i actulaly raise the cooldown of the skill at 20 sec +!. If i want to spamm rtl at 15 sec then i m actually kittening my rotation elsewhere.Bacially ele cds on ALL skills are effectively longer in practice depending on your rotations
Its a form of balance you fail to see initially..
Play the class if you want to learn how to counter it before proposing absurd things like what ive read.Its the least thing you can do if you want to be taken seriously.

As you may read in the title this is about eles not thiefs, how about staying on the topic? Thief got a incredible mobility but thats not what we’re talking about…
And please, I’m not speaking about hotjoins, I play a Mesmer (brace yourself, Mesmer complainments incoming), got over 500 Tourny wins and 183 qps (while just rank 38). When you would have read the whole thread this post wouldn’t even be nessesary (idk how its written ).

1. As I allrdy mentioned, after a fight vs an ele, usually there’s all your cc on cooldown
2. A higher cd wouldnt help, rtl is mostly used as opener and to eacape
3. I said Anet should make rtl target required, as they do it for phantasm for example. You still could use rtl as gab-closer, to follow enemies and so on. You just couldnt escape out of the fight completely (only to the next enemie) what would be pretty fair i guess…

And lastly, when you want to be taken srsly, pls read before posting.

elementalist

in PvP

Avead.5760

Thief was just an example of a calss with high mobility and escape mechanics as the ele..
You know another class that has in good amount the above??Mesmer! :P
Also my point is that if you make rtl target only you nerf it to oblivion and this would be obvious to you if you played ele.You basically remove every escape from most eles..Its worse than doubling the cd.Not to mention that you cripple its effect as a gap closer as well since at 1200 range your enemy might position in a way a rock blocks your line or get high ground etc..so its effectively even worse at closing gaps..
No.. thx! better 1 min cd than this stupidity..Warriors rush or sword leap is not target only.Rangers sword mobility is not target only.Thiefs mobility is not target only.Engineer rifle mobility is not target only..etc etc.
Just think even d/d apart from burning speed has no other way to move fast around the map without rtl(magnetic graps requires target).Rtl doesnt change..dont get hopes up on this one friend

elementalist

in PvP

josh.7390

Thief was just an example of a calss with high mobility and escape mechanics aso my point is that if you make rtl target only you nerf it to oblivion and this would be obvious to you if you played ele.You basically remove every escape from most eles..Its worse than doubling the cd.Not to mention that you cripple its effect as a gap closer as well since at 1200 range your enemy might position in a way a rock blocks your line or get high ground etc..so its effectively even worse at closing gaps..
No.. thx! better 1 min cd than this stupidity..Warriors rush or sword leap is not target only.Rangers sword mobility is not target only.Thiefs mobility is not target only.Engineer rifle mobility is not target only..etc etc.
Just think even d/d apart from burning speed has no other way to move fast around the map without rtl(magnetic graps requires target).Rtl doesnt change..dont get hopes up on this one friend

Don’t be ridiculous and compare condition afecticeness of war and ele… That would lead to compare the conditionremoval of these classes, I think we know hich one would win that… And no Mesmer doesnt have this mobility. Mesmer got a blink (not every1 uses it), and if you play with focus a 12sec speedbuff on 25cd. Yeah portal is mobility but its from 1fix point to an other. You cant follow anyone with it, except he exactly runs where you put it down…

I know that Thiefs teleport is a op and it should get nerfed but thats still not the topic since thiefs die when you catch them once and dont get to full health within 5 secs..

elementalist

in PvP

Avead.5760

This is frankly a waste of time..Mesmer has numerous escapes,invlun and ways to lose target with stealth.Dont be ridicoulous.If a mesmer doesnt want to die he wont die..especially in hot join where portal and illusion of life are not required and you can be as selfish as you want.(the hot join reference is made so i can justify the avsence of the 2 above skills..just in case you are ready to say hot join is useless etc..)
My point again on the post you haven read i guess is :
How can you cipple rtl so much and leave the mobility of all the other mobile classes untouched?
I rest my case here..im sorry but we are both wasting our time and i really find it weird you got to rank 38 with 183 qp without having a sence of general balance amongs the classes..Yesterday the devs said that no matter how much they are gonna nerf in NO WAY they are gonna remove the builds from the game so again dont have high hopes of so drastic changes..l2p against it.Not that hard!

(edited by Avead.5760)

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

can we do sumthing about their retreats . no one can catch them unless if you plan out and predict all pathing other wise you cannot catch /kill one of these.

my proposal is that if elemental is in combat that he or she is stuck in that one form of element til out of combat.

No other class has access to this multiple set
No i did not get beaten by an elemental just that even with all 5 people on one ele he just get up and runs away in rid the lightning then water form heal self back to full over n over n over n over. it gets to the point where its no longer possible to beat an elemental unless if your team is spread out to catch him at the end of his running moves.

now for math formula
elemental has about 4 set of element x that by 5 is 20 … this isnt even counting the sigils and other 4 spells

AS an engineer i can have that many but why i dont get any running or saving my kitten or op healing and i dont get any sigil passive only in traits. which is a bit lame.

Since the nerf to grenades other class has to compensate too

This is exactly why it is imperative for A-Net to improve the entry level pvp education process…Better tutorials would be helpful in helping this fella out.

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

D/d eles are strong, but mobility is not the issue. Burning speed and magnetic grasp are gap closers, but aren’t reliable as escapes. Rtl is the only real mobility skill in that weapon set.

Devs have indicated a tone down to ele bunkering soon. In addition to the upcoming aoe tweaks, nerfing d/d mobility will set them back to free-kill status.

elementalist

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

This is frankly a waste of time..Mesmer has numerous escapes,invlun and ways to lose target with stealth.Dont be ridicoulous.If a mesmer doesnt want to die he wont die..especially in hot join where portal and illusion of life are not required and you can be as selfish as you want.(the hot join reference is made so i can justify the avsence of the 2 above skills..just in case you are ready to say hot join is useless etc..)
How can you cipple rtl so much and leave the mobility of all the other mobile classes untouched?
I rest my case here..im sorry but we are both wasting our time and i really find it weird you got to rank 38 with 183 qp without having a sence of general balance amongs the classes..Yesterday the devs said that no matter how much they are gonna nerf in NO WAY they are gonna remove the builds from the game so again dont have high hopes of so drastic changes..l2p against it.Not that hard!

It takes nothing to reach rank 38 or whatever and as long as you’re lucky in finding a team of like minded people ready to play several hours every day, to collect 183 QP is not difficult either…without win/loss ratio and matchmaking this QP thing is just bullkitten, so far people can have 2k QP and for all you know they’ve been running the same gimmick build since launch

elementalist

in PvP

josh.7390

And again this is about eles so I complain about eles, I never said that other classes mobility doesnt need to get nerfed… And its a joke to say its crippled, you can target over such a big range it doesnt matter that much. If some1 is half was between 2spots you can target him w/o a problem. And there’s no kittening l2p issue if you are killing some1 but he just pops mist form for invul starts running and then uses rtl! Its just ridculous that ele can escape that easy but if as ele you’re killing some1 you can follow him with your hands in your pants, you could use your dick to follow some1 with an ele. Its just to prevent escaping so for 1 time eles need support too if they get in trouble as most other classes.. You still have this mobility but you only can use it to follow…
And please saying distortion is an esccaping skill is completly fail… At maximum you get it for 4 secs. But if a Mesmer has to escape he probably got 3k live left and in this 4secs youre just gonna die of the conditions and id not you cant escape in 4secs while infight. Stop comparing any class mobility (ok mybe thief) to ele mobility, thats ridiculous. And if you even add the survivability of a Ele it seems like a troll -.-

Got 1more point. Staph quoting Sotg cuz they also said the major balance is gonna be on top tier which means your hotjoin example is gone..

(edited by josh.7390)

elementalist

in PvP

hharry.1967

Thieves do the same and worse. Sure nerf RTL, but give me warriors HP and thieves damage when going melee then so we can go melee without getting our faces melted in seconds.

elementalist

in PvP

Blakey.5670

I like the target only ride the lightning
Eles mobility is already the, up there with the thiefs with are both bunk.
Make them work for their life, just like it do.

If a fight gets out of hand as an engineer in i drop glue bomb,giant bomb, nails and run off cog shielding. A kitten more places to mess up and not just press esc 4 on a distent backround.

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Sand Beagle.9867

Sand Beagle.9867

Eles are fine…. stuck them to 1 ele LOLOL thats like ruining the whole class purpose.

How about 1 immobilize right when he uses ride the lightning? You know they lose all their skills and cant do anything not even cancel it while moving in ride the lightning right? So ya, he cant remove immobilize, there you go, he just got stuck in place for around 3 seconds without being able to do anything.

uhh, well the thing is depending on the class your immobilize is usually a short range attack, so besides predicting the future and immobilizing a second before they trigger ride the lightning, it would take you half a second to react to their ride the lightning and then ~half a second for the immobilize attack animation to finish. By then they are probably already out of range.

anyways lol that kind of “adaptation” logic is what ruins a game, regardless of whether OP’s point is valid or not.

elementalist

in PvP

Cirax.9231

uhh, well the thing is depending on the class your immobilize is usually a short range attack, so besides predicting the future and immobilizing a second before they trigger ride the lightning, it would take you half a second to react to their ride the lightning and then ~half a second for the immobilize attack animation to finish. By then they are probably already out of range.

When a d/d ele is in trouble, you can see them switch to water for heals, or air for escape. That is a very clear indication of what is going to happen next. The number of times I’ve seen eles being immobilized by competent players right after swapping to air before rtling away indicates this is very counterable.

I emphasize this again: there is already dev discussion on toning down bunkering and aoe. Mobility on a melee build on a profession with the lowest armor/hp is the least of anyone’s concerns once they tweak the heals and aoe.

(edited by Cirax.9231)

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

pretty much confirmed by J^2 that eles are getting changed and/or nerfed. im excited about it.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

pretty much confirmed by J^2 that eles are getting changed and/or nerfed. im excited about it.

remember when they said they were nerfing backstab combo..

I mean..

yea…get really excited..
They will be nerfed to the ground

D/d eles are strong, but mobility is not the issue. Burning speed and magnetic grasp are gap closers, but aren’t reliable as escapes. Rtl is the only real mobility skill in that weapon set.

Devs have indicated a tone down to ele bunkering soon. In addition to the upcoming aoe tweaks, nerfing d/d mobility will set them back to free-kill status.

The devs hinted at taking down the small things that add up to the bigger ones..

I expect healing will be nerfed first.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

elementalist

in PvP

Cirax.9231

The devs hinted at taking down the small things that add up to the bigger ones..

I expect healing will be nerfed first.

Yep, I wholeheartedly agree with their justifications on why eles are strong, but I strongly disagree mobility is an issue as argued in this thread. I was just saying if they nerf mobility too, that would be a disaster – but I’m confident it will be healing first as you mentioned. That’s very fair.

(edited by Cirax.9231)

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Ele’s don’t stress me out much.
Why don’t I see D/F eles (don’t answer that), Anet I want to see me wailing on Obsidian flesh+Mistform for 7s…buff that plz.

The great forum duppy.

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

remember when they said they were nerfing backstab combo..

I mean..

yea…get really excited..
They will be nerfed to the ground

i dont want them to get nerfed to the ground. and d/d eles are dominating pvp exponentially more than BS thieves ever did. im expecting a sustain nerf, and a small nerf to their aoe’s. anything less is unacceptable.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

More whining (sigh). RTL isn’t the problem. People are just annoyed when their prey decides to run, and they can’t catch up. Yes, not a pleasant feeling, but the same does happen with thieves and mesmers, turning invisible and vanishing. At least you can see which direction an ele flees.

Some cheese with all that whine?

elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

More whining (sigh). RTL isn’t the problem. People are just annoyed when their prey decides to run, and they can’t catch up. Yes, not a pleasant feeling, but the same does happen with thieves and mesmers, turning invisible and vanishing. At least you can see which direction an ele flees.

Some cheese with all that whine?

Its also not like the Ele is doing shatter burst or BS damage, they are just holding you on a point until you start winning..
then instead of a kill they basically give you a Node

The capture points win games, kills help, but ultimately kills becomes a second objective.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg