"mesmers great at holding points"

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

can karl please tell me were this false thought came from.

can karl please make a mesmer and come back node for a day.

nero was the best back point and not even he could hold it for more then 20 seconds against any class and to do that he would have to die.

its been 4 straight months of you guys epic failing on mesmer balance and i want to know why now?

also illusion of life a longer cast time? the who point of it is it gives 10 seconds of life it should be instant. if you wanna raise the cast time then you need to make it full heal because now its the same as the necros.

im happy you are finally trying to fix moa so good job on that. im sure it still wont be as good as all the other elites but thank you for finally re looking at it.

but serious greatsword 3 is worthless. it does less dmg then 1 spam and is blocked so much. can you make it so it strips 3 boons and transfers 3 condis we have to who we hit? do something like this.

as a person that only plays mesmer i feel this last 4 months has been awful it doesnt feel like you have a direction you wanna mesmer.

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

welcome to warrior life.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Spec a conditions tanky build they hold points just as well if not better then my bunker necro.

Stop expecting easy mode burst and tank in one build.

p.s. if you are using GS as a point holder you are doing it wrong, stop trying to look cool with a huge sword and pick weapons that fit your goal.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

i did play staff the last 2 weeks and i did it great. but i feel the same way nero did even if u run null field if u stay on point u have at most 20 seconds before u die. and thats with 8 seconds of distortion.

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

if u die in 20s u are just bad, not saying the nerf is good i dont agree with it.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

What’s getting nerfed with Mesmers?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Nothing is getting nerfed with mesmers. Moa is getting an improvement…cast on the run, and the Moa’d player will not be able to run as far as they can now.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Spartan.6123

Spartan.6123

nero was the best back point and not even he could hold it for more then 20 seconds against any class and to do that he would have to die.

its been 4 straight months of you guys epic failing on mesmer balance and i want to know why now?

also illusion of life a longer cast time? the who point of it is it gives 10 seconds of life it should be instant. if you wanna raise the cast time then you need to make it full heal because now its the same as the necros.

im happy you are finally trying to fix moa so good job on that. im sure it still wont be as good as all the other elites but thank you for finally re looking at it.

but serious greatsword 3 is worthless. it does less dmg then 1 spam and is blocked so much. can you make it so it strips 3 boons and transfers 3 condis we have to who we hit? do something like this.

as a person that only plays mesmer i feel this last 4 months has been awful it doesnt feel like you have a direction you wanna mesmer.

I play a mesmer. I’m willing to say that they’re probably the second-most powerful class in the game, easily. They don’t need to be improved, sure they can’t hold points but they can kill people like they’re nothing if played correctly. The only class that is truely more OP than mesmer is theif, and that is just due to their ability to escape a fight after their burst attack fails (if it fails, they do a broken amount of dps with backstab). Greatsword 3 skill just takes practice and you have to predict movements a little, but it is possible to get down.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I play a mesmer. I’m willing to say that they’re probably the second-most powerful class in the game, easily. They don’t need to be improved, sure they can’t hold points but they can kill people like they’re nothing if played correctly. The only class that is truely more OP than mesmer is theif, and that is just due to their ability to escape a fight after their burst attack fails (if it fails, they do a broken amount of dps with backstab). Greatsword 3 skill just takes practice and you have to predict movements a little, but it is possible to get down.

Even when fully specced for condition removal… Mesmers can’t hold a candle to eles/guardians/necros when it comes to holding a point… A bunker mes with runes of melandru menders purity and a slot skill or even two with condition removal… Cannot compete with the passive condition removal of eles and guardians… And necros have better active condition removal as well. Since the current meta revolves around AOE conditions of all kinds… Mesmers have a harder time holding a point against multiple foes than an ele or a guardian.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

the nerf affects them holding points.

and i heard mesmers were great on EU because noone figured out how to find the real mesmer so maybe i might come over to the dream land of amazing mesmers. wish you played on NA so you and karl didnt have this ridiculous notion about super mesmers.

and greatsword 3 doesnt take practice its easy to hit every time but its useless. i do more dmg with 1 spam. plus 1 spam is faster and takes less skill.

i also already said good job fixing moa i been asking for it for 4 months. but i dont think it will be as good as the other elites.

Edit i also dont believe u play mesmer in a competitive lvl nor do i think you are successful at it. in fact i think you are a ele because of ur thief is strong comment. can you please tell me what rank you are on the leaderbords so i can look at your stats. thank you

URTFC.COM

(edited by SAtaarcoeny.8476)

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

this nerf is quite huge for mesmer capturing points.

They nerf my signet build which relies on distortion….

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

i do not understand the point of a guide when the topic is about the sudden mesmer nerf?

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

i do not understand the point of a guide when the topic is about the sudden mesmer nerf?

he is showing how even 4 months ago how fast it was to neutralize on a mesmer was. and now 4 months later its even easier. so basically hes saying karl needs to reevaluate his approach on how he is balancing mesmer.

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

You can make bunker-ish type Mesmers who can hold backpoint, but they feel useless in team fights which is like the whole point of portal’ing backpoint, so that the Mesmer can help mid. Portal on back point may still be viable due to multiple people being able to Portal back, if your team is coordinated enough.

Plus I don’t even remember the last time I even saw a Mesmer on back point. This is just the final nail in the coffin. This is going to force Mesmers to be in more team fights and roam more.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

The strengths of a home point Mesmer were never due to their ability to prevent a decap.. Not sure why they made that change too, except maybe to reduce viability of a good Mesmer on home without hitting the overall combat effectiveness of the class.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

I don’t really understand why this warrants a thread. It’s an undeniable fact that mesmers had an unfair advantage because they were contesting nodes while being invul and this is being changed.

So yes, compared to any other class, they were incredible at holding a node, unless you know of any other full glass cannons being able to do the same.

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

I would have to disagree with a lot of points that you have made there, I don’t know much about your personal experience with back node mesmer or how you play it.

All I can say is that if you die in under 20 seconds to any class then you must be doing something wrong; you should be able to hold out long enough in a 1v1 and keep the point, the only time you should be dead in under 20 seconds is to a thief but then again that depends on cooldowns etc.

I think that the nerf to illusion of life is warranted seeing as that when the target gets up he is invulnerable, and this also gives people a chance to react and interrupt the rez instead of people being able to 100% depend on it; also IoL is on a shorter cooldown then the necro rez.

I do however agree with the GS 3 skill needing a buff, but I would much rather see it strip 2 boons and transfer a single condition, seeing as the 3:3 ration you stated was a little too much.

P.S I spoke with Nero, and he would rather that you not state false information or use his name to try and validate your own post on the forums, because he can hold out longer then 20 seconds.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

P.S I spoke with Nero, and he would rather that you not state false information or use his name to try and validate your own post on the forums, because he can hold out longer then 20 seconds.

I’m sure he says that to all the girls…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

haha I was thinking of editing the post, but your twisted mind and how epic that comment is made me change my mind. :P

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

(edited by Xeph.4513)

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Made me lol , n high phaeton log on and play noob

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

I would have to disagree with a lot of points that you have made there, I don’t know much about your personal experience with back node mesmer or how you play it.

All I can say is that if you die in under 20 seconds to any class then you must be doing something wrong; you should be able to hold out long enough in a 1v1 and keep the point, the only time you should be dead in under 20 seconds is to a thief but then again that depends on cooldowns etc.

I think that the nerf to illusion of life is warranted seeing as that when the target gets up he is invulnerable, and this also gives people a chance to react and interrupt the rez instead of people being able to 100% depend on it; also IoL is on a shorter cooldown then the necro rez.

I do however agree with the GS 3 skill needing a buff, but I would much rather see it strip 2 boons and transfer a single condition, seeing as the 3:3 ration you stated was a little too much.

you dont back point and even if you did your on eu were there is 4 bunkers 1 dps. so i will give it to you on eu you might be able to hold out longer. but i played against nero a lot and if he stayed on point we would have him dead in 20 seconds. then me and him went to kylo and i showed him how fast my greatsword can neutralize on him and it was faster then 20 seconds so he stopped back pointing.

you didnt do good last time you played on NA you were roaming at that time with caed but please come back over and back point mesmer and make some videos to teach me how to play please.

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

I can’t believe you guys are complaining about this when you also can see what they’re doing to eles. Be glad nothing worse happened to this class lol.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

I can’t believe you guys are complaining about this when you also can see what they’re doing to eles. Be glad nothing worse happened to this class lol.

ELES had 4 months of being super op. all im asking for is to be an equal.

maybe with the ele and engi nerfs we might all be = but i dont think we will and we will have to wait another month for other changes.

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

Ok for the record while Moa might seem weak to most the classes. I play a bunker necro with minions. Now it’s one thing to get Moa’d but to find all my Minions actually dead and on cooldown which doesn’t start until after i get out of Moa… thats just plain BS.

Of course that is just one build. so i get the odds of that getting change in any way very unlikely.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

Ok for the record while Moa might seem weak to most the classes. I play a bunker necro with minions. Now it’s one thing to get Moa’d but to find all my Minions actually dead and on cooldown which doesn’t start until after i get out of Moa… thats just plain BS.

Of course that is just one build. so i get the odds of that getting change in any way very unlikely.

im happy that moa might be getting fixed and i smiled at this post because i remember when my buddy kryshade was minion master necro day 1 of this game and i moa him and all his pets died. lol

URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Shatter mesmer as a backpoint defender works great if you have a thief on your team to help you out. Otherwise you are better off using something else.

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

I wonder how many warriors giggled while reading these complaints…..

Probably smaller than i’m expecting since they don’t exist anymore

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in PvP

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

A glass cannon mesmer could easily hold a point for >20 seconds even while outnumbered. Blurred Frenzy+Distortion+Dodge+Blurred Frenzy again+Distortion (Recharge shatters at 50% health)+ dodge + Blurred Frenzy….etc. I can see exactly why they wanted to make this change.

in PvP

Posted by: Vence.6974

Vence.6974

A bunker mesmer can go minutes holding back point in any 1v1 situation. By that I mean it has to be a bunker specced mesmer not a shatter or a phantasm one. It takes a really long time to kill mesmers like these 1v1 and most likely one will never be able to kill it unless your elite like moa or thieves guild is up. Yet, as soon as it becomes 2v1, the bunker mesmer unlike bunker guardians will drop instantly.

The Yellowflash of GW2

in PvP

Raptured.9307

^i know exactly what type of mesmer you are talking about, and you speak the truth. bunker mesmers are very strong in 1v1s, but they are not true bunkers like the guardian/ ele / engie

in PvP

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

Very funny topic, Thanks from the laugh.

Just asking whats your next card? you already used NA card and competitive card

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

A bunker mesmer can go minutes holding back point in any 1v1 situation. By that I mean it has to be a bunker specced mesmer not a shatter or a phantasm one. It takes a really long time to kill mesmers like these 1v1 and most likely one will never be able to kill it unless your elite like moa or thieves guild is up. Yet, as soon as it becomes 2v1, the bunker mesmer unlike bunker guardians will drop instantly.

they made this change simply because it was unfair.

Other classes decap when they invu, mesmer was the only exception.

But sataar is completely right, mesmers are horrible close defenders, they have a fair chance to lose against ANY class, and against some others it’s completely impossible for them to win.

But mesmers have portal, and that’s the reason why karl said " mesmers are good at defending a point", because they also have a fair chance to win against almost all classes while also having the capability to IMMEDIATELY port back.

I don’t really see the problem here.

in PvP

Raptured.9307

You are fine at defending a 1v1. More than fine, actually.

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

Preventing them from using their class mechanic ( distortion) makes them way to easy to either decap or kill, its a wrong decision to do this and i honestly dont know what the devs are smoking.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Good players who can play any profession and adapt to anything won’t be affected.

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

Good players who can play any profession and adapt to anything won’t be affected.

Bullkitten. After the patch a shatter-mesmer (most played) has two choices while holding a node. A: Don’t use distortion and die immediatley or B: Use distortion and loose the node immediatley…

in PvP

Raptured.9307

if you’re running shatter mesmer and you’re point defending by yourself, you’re probably doing it wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

A glass cannon mesmer could easily hold a point for >20 seconds even while outnumbered. Blurred Frenzy+Distortion+Dodge+Blurred Frenzy again+Distortion (Recharge shatters at 50% health)+ dodge + Blurred Frenzy….etc. I can see exactly why they wanted to make this change.

Blurred Frenzy+Distortion+Dodge+Blurred Frenzy again+Distortion funny thing is that everything you metioned in this chain except for dodges actually makes you lose the point lol….

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Roam mesmer is best mesmer… OH WAIT! Crapy mobility. At least we can instantly back track within 60 seconds of popping our C/D that we’re pretty much forced to use for the group.

Silliness aside yeah I gave up on back point. I can kill almost anything 1v1 why should I just sit on my hands when I can make people QQ.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

mesmer is still good at holding a point. problem is meanwhile pvp turned around godly ele so u must change your playstyle.
imho. gl

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

As soon as other classes are brought to the level of warriors and are slightly more equal, the rivers of QQ pour out. So ironic.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

One thing has really bothered me throughout this conversation: Distortion won’t lose you the point if you use it once for 3 seconds. Renewed focus won’t decap completely, neither will Elixir S nor will Mist Form.

Other than that I just hear a mesmer complaining about losing a 2v1 when the rest of the team will have numbers up. Also if you’re going to port back into a 1v1 then a mes can handle it. If it’s 2v1 then tell your team-mate to take the portal and assist or play with numbers up elsewhere.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Viprek.6730

Viprek.6730

How about we double blurred frenzy cooldown if it doesn’t hit a target? sounds familiar? Stop your QQ, it could’ve been worse.

-Seikir