your wow moments in pvp

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i was wondering if any of you had a cool moment in pvp where you were shocked about what just happened. i had one of my favorites today. i had just got the temple point so i headed to the gates and i see one team mate dead, the other downed so i ran up behind the other team i used entangled it got all 4 that were there .killed one soon has it hit he was downed already the other three i stood in between them and used torch two in less then 5 sec all dead i know some will think its no big deal but i thought it was really cool. i would love to hear about your guys moments

master jedi david

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Tess.6547

Tess.6547

Good job
I really love PvP, but sometimes I am such a noob ahaha.
I just enjoy playing it. Last time I was playing with my ranger and trying to fight this guardian and warrior. So with all the dodging skills I could hold them off for a while, but then this Ele came out of nowhere.. After 2 secs I only had like a little bit of health left, one hit and I would died. But somehow I managed to escape, my pet killed the Ele and I got the warrior….And then I went for the guardian, never actually killed him, but he didn’t kill me either ^^
Never had something like this before with my Ranger

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Zerothousand.3089

Zerothousand.3089

Probably this moment. You know you have had a good game when you run out of time.

Attachments:

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Italian Tournament Winter Season direct elimination match <3

Still was r65 there lol…before dumb 15th patch..

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

Winnin the 1v1 tournament that my guild organized, with people cheering on the chat and TS too, now everybody whisper me for advices thinking i’m a guru XD

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

The moment Ostricheggs hits lvl 70

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

The moment Ostricheggs hits lvl 70

That made me chuckle.

On topic, I think the half-dozen or so times I’ve been on a team that pulled off a 4v5 upset ranks up there with my best moments. It seldom seems to click that you can pull it off until a bit after those first 100 ticks. And when your team hangs in there and rotates perfectly and steals the win, that’s a good feeling.

But, still, kitten 4v5s.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Since I started tpvping I’ve won a few 2v1s on my necro which has been intense. I won a 4v5 on skyhammer (and it wasn’t close).

I was in a losing streak a few weeks ago and getting focused by warriors for a day, and got matched up against a 4 warrior team and won. That was fun. Also played a 4 engineer team on skyhammer and beat them too.

Probably the best moment was actually a loss, but the 2 teams were pretty even with the other team making a comeback. The match was ending and both teams were at 489-488, and mid was decapped. A few seconds ticked by and each team had a player down. They got the spike about half a second sooner and won 504-499. Very intense game.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydivEU.9670

infantrydivEU.9670

My favorite moment in PvP was probably a series of two solo queue matches.

The first one was a 5v5 where one mesmer on the enemy team was talking kitten the whole game.

The next game was a 4v5 (my team down 1 player) vs the same mesmer on skyhammer. I 2v1ed the mesmer and his other teammates 3 times on trap ranger and we won the game by about 10 points. Needless to say, he stopped trash talking lol

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Steb.2571)

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Recently? Two awesome moments in a single match last night – not sure why I was so tickled.

First one: fighting an engineer and warrior 1v2 on Mine. I get the engineer down, but the warrior keeps training me instead of rezzing his ally. I end up going down and start spamming my downstate #1 on the other downed engineer. The warrior starts to stability stomp me and I saw my life flash before my eyes. There was nothing I could do. Right as the stomp was about to complete, the enemy engineer uses his downstate #3, knocking me out of the stomp. I WAS HYPE! With the extra few seconds the engineer bought me I was able to dps him down, giving myself the rally. I beat the warrior shortly after and capped the point.

In the same game, I was killing chieftan and a warrior attempted to steal. I ended up downing the warrior while fighting both of them. Chieftan aggro’d the downed warrior, so I used the boss to body-block the warrior’s Throw Hammer skill. Was very kind of him. After I stomped the warrior, I apologized to Chieftan for what I was about to do, and promptly collected my 25 free points shortly after.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

No doubt best moment was being down 380-490 on Legacy, we end up getting a decap at 494 then they get a stomp for 499. Pull off a triple cap and no deaths to win 502-499.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

Boy wow moments?

When you start comebacks on temple with 200 points down, you hold 2 points with top buff and keep one point neut. I won a game like that when the team needed like 2 points to win.
When you come back on skyhammer again being 200 points down because I dced and win the game with a solid twocap neutral mid. (Yes I know its skyhammer but it still counts!)
Rushing into a neutral point to keep it neut so they dont get one more point or kill is also very fun :o

More recently I pulled off a 3v1 where I won the initial 1v1 against the dps guardian, engineer comes in just as the guard goes down and I popped my crate on top of them trying to rez. The guard almost gets up but the engi gets interrupted by my Big ol bomb, meanwhile my health is super low but I can finally chain my healing turret. Both engi and guard are down at this point and just as I somewhat gained health back the mesmer comes in and pops GS4 on me, which I barely dodged. He starts ressing the guardian, I lay down range cleave because my health is getting low again, mesmer backs off the rez for a sec and I get elixir S back to stomp out the engineer. Then mid-stomp I see 3 green names coming up the stairs and the mesmer portals out

I regret not having it recorded

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Right as the stomp was about to complete, the enemy engineer uses his downstate #3, knocking me out of the stomp. I WAS HYPE!

He just wanted to be as good as you!

Anyway, few days ago I was in a solo arena game on Skyhammer map with my power necro. 3 people attacked me on skycannon, 2 of them were warriors, and I think third was ele. I got lucky and staff 5 feared one of them off the edge and skill 3 DS feared another one, then I managed to immob the last warrior with my dagger 3 on glass and he fell down too. It made me feel like I was a decent player, but they were probably just bad.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Down 145 to 415 vs Goodfights in one of the mistpedia games, we then triple capped and won with literally milliseconds to spare as our teamate was stomped right as it ended. HYPE http://m.youtube.com/results?q=gw2+mistpedia+3&sm=3
It was third game, starts at 28 minutes

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Recently? Two awesome moments in a single match last night – not sure why I was so tickled.

First one: fighting an engineer and warrior 1v2 on Mine. I get the engineer down, but the warrior keeps training me instead of rezzing his ally. I end up going down and start spamming my downstate #1 on the other downed engineer. The warrior starts to stability stomp me and I saw my life flash before my eyes. There was nothing I could do. Right as the stomp was about to complete, the enemy engineer uses his downstate #3, knocking me out of the stomp. I WAS HYPE! With the extra few seconds the engineer bought me I was able to dps him down, giving myself the rally. I beat the warrior shortly after and capped the point.

In the same game, I was killing chieftan and a warrior attempted to steal. I ended up downing the warrior while fighting both of them. Chieftan aggro’d the downed warrior, so I used the boss to body-block the warrior’s Throw Hammer skill. Was very kind of him. After I stomped the warrior, I apologized to Chieftan for what I was about to do, and promptly collected my 25 free points shortly after.

You just made a perfect example of how stupid this downed system is.

Fighting a guard + a ranger,downed the ranger with no more stabi left…Guard jumps in knock back..ranger gets up.Ranger gets downed again…guard jumps in,knock back…Ranger gets up.Guard goes down a while later,ranger jumps in…Knockback..guard gets up…2m later i finally killed them anyways.That was my “Wow”,how dumb can this game be moment.If there’s one thing in this game that is kittened beyond all means it’s the downed system.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

i was wondering if any of you had a cool moment in pvp where you were shocked about what just happened. i had one of my favorites today. i had just got the temple point so i headed to the gates and i see one team mate dead, the other downed so i ran up behind the other team i used entangled it got all 4 that were there .killed one soon has it hit he was downed already the other three i stood in between them and used torch two in less then 5 sec all dead i know some will think its no big deal but i thought it was really cool. i would love to hear about your guys moments

I read the June 3 release notes and saw all the balance changes: skill tooltip updates.

wow. neat.

Two (2) months since the balance update (aka ‘random untested changes patch’). I can’t even process all the improvements and changes since then.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

When Mesmer fall trait was bugged and did 40k damage, I would repeatedly abuse it on Khylo because lulQA.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Playing an interrupt mesmer on Temple and I interrupted someone whilst I was capturing the buff that captures all 3 nodes. Literrally stopped him from activating an autoattack that could have stopped me from capturing it…

… Sad part is he still interrupted with 1 tick left.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

4vs5 on skyhammer in solo q.

BEST MOMENT EVA.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

When i could notice the utility lockout bug was fixed and i didn’t die instantly after leaving DS..
Now that was my wow moment and i still experience an enjoy it every day!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

playing naked on hotjoin on my necro and ranger and still killing baddies 1v1. troll moments are the best.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I think my major WOW! moment was Colin’s blog post about sPvP being an iceberg; boy, that sure was hilarious.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

This happened yesterday in solo queue. I was playing s/d thief on nifhel and was taking the back route to far node. A hammer/axe warrior and d/d ele come right out the corner. I somehow avoid most of the warriors stuns and eviscerates and down the ele rather quickly. However im down to ~3k health with my heal and mug on CD so i know i cant stomp. The warrior is CCing the hell out of the area around the ele so i dont even try to go in. I drop my shadow refuge to get some health back and wait for cooldowns thinking ill just go to some other node. However as my refuge ends the ele vapor forms over right at my feet, probably thinking i dropped SR to stealth up and stomp invisibly. So i manage to stomp the ele and from there am able to deal with the warrior and stomp him rather quickly. This whole time my team has been running amok 4v3 for 5ish minutes and we got a 3cap. Awesome moment knowing i pretty much won that game for us.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

killed a dev using ret guardian LOL way back when dps guards are big jokes in spvp

Attachments:

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

killed a dev using ret guardian LOL way back when dps guards are big jokes in spvp

Oneshotted grouch with d/p thief last year in hj lol

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Temple. losing around 450-470. win altar, mid is their with temafight and bunker there, our thief 1v2 holding temple. So we need to hold the 2-1 cap, no deaths, and the guy i stomped will respawn and rush their home soon.
I ( necro) rush to far/temple, our thief just goes down, d/d ele and hambot warior stomping. now heres where the magic hapens:
- staff#5 interupt
- rezz a bit
- warhorn #4 interupt again
- rezz again
- warior stabilty → corrupt
-DS rezz → ds#3 interupt ele while finaly bringing thief up
We then win the 2v2 while holding point, thus winning the game by 5 or 10 points.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

My most WoW moment. 2 things come to mind. I was playing full zerker ranger on kyhlo and I went and capped home, I promptly got rushed by 4 at the beginning, I stealth off the boxes knowing it isn’t safe. Recognizing they had no thieves, I dropped a quickness barrage -> spider immob -> rapid fire into their trap ranger whose the last to come up the stairs, he tries to heal, I interrupt it and swoop in to get the quickness stomp, while the other 3 try to DPS me down. I made it out with like under 1k health. Felt pretty good.

Other wow moment, was in the BM days, when I played a lb/gs dual raven burst build. I was tanky, but with gs 5 and the raven I could hit people for 10k. So with comboing raven f2 -> pet swap -> gs 5 -> raven f2 I had a solid 15k burst on squishies. I was on clock tower and I 1 v 2’d Caed and O eggs. They were quite upset, granted being able to 1 shot thieves and mesmers with a soldiers amulet was the most OP of all time.

Not really, my wow moment, but a wow moment for the teams I play with. I have a habit of going to solo the lord for the win on foefire. I just don’t communicate it through TS. At the end, I just say, “GG guys” and then everyone’s like, “WTF just happened, oh, we won?”.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kody.3289

Kody.3289

My most WoW moment. 2 things come to mind. I was playing full zerker ranger on kyhlo and I went and capped home, I promptly got rushed by 4 at the beginning, I stealth off the boxes knowing it isn’t safe. Recognizing they had no thieves, I dropped a quickness barrage -> spider immob -> rapid fire into their trap ranger whose the last to come up the stairs, he tries to heal, I interrupt it and swoop in to get the quickness stomp, while the other 3 try to DPS me down. I made it out with like under 1k health. Felt pretty good.

Other wow moment, was in the BM days, when I played a lb/gs dual raven burst build. I was tanky, but with gs 5 and the raven I could hit people for 10k. So with comboing raven f2 -> pet swap -> gs 5 -> raven f2 I had a solid 15k burst on squishies. I was on clock tower and I 1 v 2’d Caed and O eggs. They were quite upset, granted being able to 1 shot thieves and mesmers with a soldiers amulet was the most OP of all time.

Not really, my wow moment, but a wow moment for the team I play with. I have a habit of going to solo the lord for the win on foefire. I just don’t communicate it through TS. At the end, I just say, “GG guys” and then everyone’s like, “WTF just happened, oh, we won?”.

haha i think i might’ve been playing with you on that last one.
-moobs

Darek.1836
Lazer Moobs
Sharks With Lazers

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Screenshot or it didn’t happen.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

my last really memorable moment was a warrior getting destroyed by me, then using revenge just in order to run away.

Then I asked my teammate whether that warrior even understands that skill^^
That are the really nice moments, especially if think , fortunatly he is NOT in my team.

#ELEtism

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

Mine would either be winning a solo arena 500 – 499 with a last minute 25 point comeback or more likely the match on temple where my team and I went from 150 points behind to winning by 7 with a lucky tranquility and stillness cap followed by a slow bleed into far preventing the cap. That was pretty awesome.

On a side note one of my teammates won a match 503 – 500 so I mean, that must have been pretty awesome xD.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Screenshots or never happened josh lol :P

[WM]give us in game ladder

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Not really, my wow moment, but a wow moment for the teams I play with. I have a habit of going to solo the lord for the win on foefire. I just don’t communicate it through TS. At the end, I just say, “GG guys” and then everyone’s like, “WTF just happened, oh, we won?”.

Cool story bro i believed you till you mentioned ranger haha :P

[WM]give us in game ladder

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

Mine was when I used a combination of whirling wrath and judges intervention to down a glass thief in around 3 seconds, oh the irony.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Kenadas.9680

Kenadas.9680

Its so sad that the devs have enough time to post here but not in the rly important topic like what pvp needs and so on..

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Bombarded to death 4 enemies at Khylo’s clock tower in last minute of match. That pretty much secured my team’s victory.

Signed, level 1 alt

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Its so sad that the devs have enough time to post here but not in the rly important topic like what pvp needs and so on..

The devs can’t post anywhere without reactions like this. They are instantly criticized everywhere. Maybe they would post more if people lightened up a bit and rejoiced the positives this game offers instead of focusing on the negatives.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

I watched this 11 months ago and thought it was one of the best moments Ive ever seen in GW2. Wp.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

You just made a perfect example of how stupid this downed system is.

Fighting a guard + a ranger,downed the ranger with no more stabi left…Guard jumps in knock back..ranger gets up.Ranger gets downed again…guard jumps in,knock back…Ranger gets up.Guard goes down a while later,ranger jumps in…Knockback..guard gets up…2m later i finally killed them anyways.That was my “Wow”,how dumb can this game be moment.If there’s one thing in this game that is kittened beyond all means it’s the downed system.

nope. josh just gave a perfect example of how the downed state and rally system is working well as intended.

downed is not defeated.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Sinister.5792

Sinister.5792

Here is one fresh from the oven

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=fNkd6hpTbcPNkeloP2iFaIh4l5k2TGxc#.U5ffqPldWSp

killed a mesmer no handed

LOOK MOM NO HANDS!

also please

NERF CONDI….

Attachments:

I kill 2 birds with over 9000 stones

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

When I first hopped in a Foefire and came across a large pile of dirt on quarry.
#hyped.

Säïnt

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Winning come-back fights; esp this one where we at one point were 4v5 due to a dc. Then were trailing badly, but I called for a lord rush as soon as we hit 350 and despite a team mate refusing, 3 of us went all in.

It paid off, with (nearly) the smallest possible margin

Attachments:

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Winning come-back fights; esp this one where we at one point were 4v5 due to a dc. Then were trailing badly, but I called for a lord rush as soon as we hit 350 and despite a team mate refusing, 3 of us went all in.

It paid off, with (nearly) the smallest possible margin

nice one! my friends experienced a similar one with the other team have a score of 499.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

On skyhammer in hotjoin but no screen u.u

Btw you never answer pm’s >_>

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

I met a guy named Nocturn and asked him if he could change his name to Turn since my name is Noc.

He said no. Wow!

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

Hahahahahaha

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: xGreeD.6018

xGreeD.6018

There are a lot of “wow”-moments in sPvP, since people won’t ever quit being bad. But there have been some occasions at which I keep wondering, what I am doing here still.

1. Skyhammer. I have complete cannon uptime and keep wrecking all dem people by making use of gravity – and my team loses the game anyways. That’s defintely worth a “oh wow”, even though I probably even derserve those losses for being someone adapting to the circumstances.

2. 2v1s. People quite frequently manage to get roasted by my might-powered-fire AoE, even while outnumbering me. And no, don’t tell me now to climb up further in the ladder to see what real PvP is – I already have reached the end of the line. It nevertheless feels good hitting such guys in the face – kind of like roaming in WvW.

3. Winning, even though I am super convinced that I played superbad. There are so many things I do wrong: Randomdodges, missed AoE, bad kiting, enemies playing the same spec as I do, facetanking, standing in fire AoEs… And yet my llama is able to swallow the souls of most people I meet.

“Take me to wonderland…”, she said,
as she finished beating me up a mole times.
Let’s try something you’re actually good at.

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: twhite.9310

twhite.9310

Beating Marvin and whoever else he was with. Was a GG we got the last 2 beast kills. First time I’ve beaten my old friend. One of the pictures was really close game and the other one we actually won. Also, on the picture we won their 5th didn’t leave until after the match was over.

Attachments:

“Backpack called me bad” – Slaughter Melon

your wow moments in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Risenn.2170

Risenn.2170

The day we encountered a team of Devs xD
Also a ginormous Charr head gave me far to much joy today

Attachments:

Illigash – 80 Warrior
Vélcro – 80 Necromancer
Long time Player and terrible Guide writer