Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

1/11/13 CD, IoJ, FA (Round 4)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Can anyone post the opening score?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

Here is the update as of 5:31 pm server time (PST)

Attachments:

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

And here is the map update.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Clockworkfiction.4872

Clockworkfiction.4872

I remember that like 10 alpha siege golum rush on FA’s keep. Good times….

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

For the first time in a very long time CD actually has a queue on all maps. No more logging in whenever I want :?

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

For the first time in a very long time CD actually has a queue on all maps. No more logging in whenever I want :?

What? That can’t be! CD didn’t gain more population as of late and have thereby won because of it, they all just got better. Blasphemy!

in WvW

Deathdom.8250

We’ve had queues on reset night for all maps since forever even during our brief slide down.

in WvW

Posted by: Epidemiology.8496

Epidemiology.8496

Someone dropped a bunch of siege in front of FA’s EB spawn. Some called it a dirty tactic/spy from CD, but I think it was just a bored guy with a lot of money to waste. Seems rather funny to me as I built a golem from it, as opposed to others who found it irritating =P

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

CD has gained some population, they are now a full server I believe…. As for dropping the siege, there are three different exits for everyspawn, and ironically the front exit is often the longest way to take since normally you’ll be going for suppy camps first, not sure why anyone would call it “dirty tactics”.

in WvW

Posted by: Turkey.3605

Turkey.3605

What? That can’t be! CD didn’t gain more population as of late and have thereby won because of it, they all just got better. Blasphemy!

You remind me of all the forum whiners from Maguuma and Ehmry Bay that said we’d get our kitten handed to us once we hit tier 3 because we’re just a zerg server. I guess they overestimated you, didn’t they?

Ludrig – Necromancer
[KH]

in WvW

Posted by: Shardain.6947

Shardain.6947

CD has gained some population, they are now a full server I believe…. As for dropping the siege, there are three different exits for everyspawn, and ironically the front exit is often the longest way to take since normally you’ll be going for suppy camps first, not sure why anyone would call it “dirty tactics”.

I think someone thought that unbuilt siege counts towards the siege cap thus the “dirty tactics” comment. I’m pretty sure only built siege counts towards the cap because of the “forest of siege” incidents that have happened on other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

You remind me of all the forum whiners from Maguuma and Ehmry Bay that said we’d get our kitten handed to us once we hit tier 3 because we’re just a zerg server. I guess they overestimated you, didn’t they?

Indeed, he’s like one of those Maguuman.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Looking forward to killing IoJ and FA… and running back from WPs after I get stomped.

Good luck!

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

in WvW

Posted by: appledainty.8127

appledainty.8127

We’ve actually been Full for several months now. My friend spent weeks trying to get in in November and December.

Alsooo, last week’s yak parade was a success!

We had made a full lap around CD Borderland, completely unmolested, but that is boring. So we decided to move to IoJ instead.

We made it from our spawn up to north camp, wherein we portal bombed in the midst of a skirmish for claiming of the camp – because nothing is funnier than 20 yaks randomly appearing in the middle of a fight.

The herd was eventually culled by an IoJ zerg outside of the north east tower, but a couple yaks managed to make it all the way back to spawn. Overall, a success.

Included is screencap of yak portalbomb.

Attachments:

Ellehnia – Mad Pirate Ranger
Team Dolyak [KH]

(edited by appledainty.8127)

in WvW

Posted by: Coffeeworld.2901

Coffeeworld.2901

Dat beautiful SMC backdoor

Pineapple castle all week

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Dear pineaple guild,

Please unclaim smc if you aren’t going to activate buffs.

/rest of CD

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in WvW

Posted by: Coffeeworld.2901

Coffeeworld.2901

BTW – I’ve never seen a guild claim lord this big

Attachments:

in WvW

Deathdom.8250

Dat beautiful SMC backdoor

Pineapple castle all week

Sorry but squid castle>pineapple castle.

in WvW

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

For those saying CD’s numbers aren’t the cause of it winning. IOJ has outmanned buff in every single border right now. Including EB. Of course aspenwood is too afraid to fight CD, so they’re double teaming the outmanned janthir lol.

in WvW

Deathdom.8250

For those saying CD’s numbers aren’t the cause of it winning. IOJ has outmanned buff in every single border right now. Including EB. Of course aspenwood is too afraid to fight CD, so they’re double teaming the outmanned janthir lol.

FA has an obsession with attacking whoever is blue in EB. In the past, that was us CD. Now it is IOJ. I recommend you guys to watch Durios as that is FA’s #1 target.
P.S. FA loves setting up catapults in between Durios and Umberglade.

(edited by Deathdom.8250)

in WvW

Posted by: Rocksteady.9160

Rocksteady.9160

As IOJ I don’t think I’ve seen a single que on any borderland in the last 6 weeks. Cant fathom all 4 borderlands having a que at the same time that’s just crazy.

in WvW

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

FA has an obsession with attacking whoever is blue in EB. In the past, that was us CD. Now it is IOJ. I recommend you guys to watch Durios as that is FA’s #1 target.

Lol so true. Flipping durios and wiping at bravost are their 2 favorite activities.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

(edited by Kintari.4172)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Congratulations on this weeks win CD LOL. Wow I had a 20 minute queue this morning on IoJ homeland, only to find when I get in there that we are outnumbered by more than 2 to 1. Then come the golems. WvW is no fun when there is no numbers balance. I wish they would do something to balance the WvW, because eventually this kind of stuff is going to turn people away from GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

Update as of 11:05 pm server time (PST)

Attachments:

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Deano.7913

Deano.7913

Congratulations on this weeks win CD LOL. Wow I had a 20 minute queue this morning on IoJ homeland, only to find when I get in there that we are outnumbered by more than 2 to 1. Then come the golems. WvW is no fun when there is no numbers balance. I wish they would do something to balance the WvW, because eventually this kind of stuff is going to turn people away from GW2.

If you had a queue than and the other teams had a queue the numbers were even at that time.

[WP] Wisenheimer Prime | Guild Leader
Polyhistor Serpente – lvl 80 Elementalist | Crystal Desert
http://www.twitch.tv/polyhistorsl

in WvW

Posted by: I Will Rez U.1743

I Will Rez U.1743

Had fun today on IoJBL great fight everyone!

Ixl Phoenix lxI

[XVX] Guild Leader – Blackgate – #BringBackTheBeast

in WvW

Heinel.6548

Goes back to what I said last week. Morale management is serious business. IoJ does seem to be going down hill though. The only explanation I could find of them not falling behind FA already is because in previous weeks, both CD and FA are too busy fighting each other for most times of the day to bother working on IoJ borderland, which allowed them to quietly accrue points in the background. There shall be more shuffling yet.

I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

(edited by Heinel.6548)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Goes back to what I said last week. Morale management is serious business. IoJ does seem to be going down hill though. The only explanation I could find of them not falling behind FA already is because in previous weeks, both CD and FA are too busy fighting each other for most times of the day to bother working on IoJ borderland, which allowed them to quietly accrue points in the background. There shall be more shuffling yet.

Not really anything to do with morale. There have been almost 3 times the numbers of CD players in IoJ borderlands all day today and they have been throwing alot of coin around with numerous Omega and Alpha siege gollems. I jumped in FA at one stage and it was the same thing, I couldn’t get out of my spawn location because there were just too many CD there. CD had also capped up almost all of FA’s bordland points during the day, which is why we are still ahead of them. It’s to do with attrition. WvW is almost entirely a numbers game. It doesn’t matter how good your tactics are, how skilled your players are or how well your commanders lead. What matters is how good your guild/server recruitment is and how well guilds can do at engaging players to contribute towards WvW. From my perspective, this system is flawed and eventually it will start eating away at itself if Anet doesn’t change it.

in WvW

Posted by: FaithfulForce.2419

FaithfulForce.2419

Score update from 12:06 AM Server time, January 12. As you can see, Crystal Desert has 164 points more than Fort Aspenwood, and Isle of Janthir combined. Fort Aspenwood is ahead by 191 points.

Attachments:

in WvW

Heinel.6548

Not really anything to do with morale. There have been almost 3 times the numbers of CD players in IoJ borderlands all day today and they have been throwing alot of coin around with numerous Omega and Alpha siege gollems. I jumped in FA at one stage and it was the same thing, I couldn’t get out of my spawn location because there were just too many CD there. CD had also capped up almost all of FA’s bordland points during the day, which is why we are still ahead of them. It’s to do with attrition. WvW is almost entirely a numbers game. It doesn’t matter how good your tactics are, how skilled your players are or how well your commanders lead. What matters is how good your guild/server recruitment is and how well guilds can do at engaging players to contribute towards WvW. From my perspective, this system is flawed and eventually it will start eating away at itself if Anet doesn’t change it.

Well, I suppose statements like this have already sealed your fate. But let’s try it one last time.

It does not matter how many people you recruit. It does not matter how many PvPers are in your server. It does not even matter how many WvW dedicated guilds are on your server. If you cannot keep people in the battlefield, you will not be able to play WvW. The design of the game system has made it so that resources in game is unlimited, so for as long as you are willing to fight, you cannot lose the war. What the game cannot do, however, is to change the players’ mind set. If all everyone could see is falling one rank after the other and then they feel a sense of losing, unworthy or whatever, despite the fact that changing color from green to blue means you get to start EB in a more advantages position, with new possibility of tactics previously locked from you simply for being highest ranked within tier, then no matter how Anet change WvW, it will still not be for you.

- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

Posted by: Yodaman.3274

Yodaman.3274

Had fun tonight in IoJ borderlands after primetime FA time. Wish numbers had been on our side there at the end of our Bay hold (3 people total in the keep), but it seems like my treb work invoked the right amount of anger there at the end. Good fights and hopefully soon the numbers could be a bit more even in the future (that would be a lot more fun).

FA [BOSS]/ Ragarok Lvl 80 Ele/ Invisabelle Lvl 80 Mes/ Oni Sa Lvl 80 Thief/Hammon Lvl 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

If only IoJ and FA would be intelligent enough to go after CD….

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

Lots of fun and frustration in CD BL tonight, Terror[TG] got pretty bored later that night pic related, <3 all three servers hope we fight each other a while longer.

Attachments:

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

(edited by Serebus.7314)

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

Unlike the super trolly last time I saw you post there’s a decent point to this.
Disappointed that you won’t rock a guild tag or even just server in your signature but oh well, whatever.

But back on topic we do seriously have a lot more online now, except it’s not from transfers. We’ve got players that were already on the server becoming much more active in WvW. Very out of character for me I don’t have any well founded explanation of why.

It has led to some strange growing pains. We are now fairly easy to farm (not the guilds that have been here, just the people I can’t put under specific guild tags,) so enemy guilds are shining as we often get to see them not only doing that but invigorated from having killed so many scrubs. Meanwhile a lot of our guilds don’t have the freedom to move to whatever map they want and we’ve become far too used to “they’re taking our things because we don’t have enough people on this map.”

WvW is almost entirely a numbers game. It doesn’t matter how good your tactics are, how skilled your players are or how well your commanders lead. What matters is how good your guild/server recruitment is and how well guilds can do at engaging players to contribute towards WvW. From my perspective, this system is flawed and eventually it will start eating away at itself if Anet doesn’t change it.

The only change I really see being a big deal is how the WvW shares server population with PvE content. It’s not terrible to have players switching between them but the difference between having enough players to fill one borderland and having enough to fill two or three is probably not one that can be overcome by a few elite guilds. If we keep this kind of coverage into the week then yes, it’s going to be a really terrible match for the other two servers.

I don’t think it’s going to be quite that extreme but I do think we’ll get more mileage than we deserve (meaning skill level) from having a higher overall WvW population.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Hekatombaion.4320)

in WvW

Posted by: LilJoker.2658

LilJoker.2658

Good time trying to hold Bay on CDBL this time around. We got overrun after awhile and went back to the east side of the map.
A great part of the night was when IoJ was sieging Sunny and the TL commander got knocked off the treb.

Rey [TG] // Warrior // Maguuma
Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: LaMisT.1863

LaMisT.1863

lol fa is trying so hard to get bay on fabl

I am Help, the Magical White Mushroom. :3

in WvW

Posted by: InSomNiaC.6315

InSomNiaC.6315

Normally, I don’t bother posting on the forums much. However, never has a single guild shown as much tenacity and persistence as [PRO] from FA during thier siege on bay tonight. I have seen many give up, but you guys didnt, no matter what you kept coming back. Excellent fights all night. Hope to see you again.

P.S. Please bring more Omegas, rarely do FA guilds break out the big guns anymore.

Warrior-Crystal Desert
Supreme Commander of Kwisatz Haderach [KH]

(edited by InSomNiaC.6315)

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

Normally, I don’t bother posting on the forums much. However, never has a single guild shown as much tenacity and persistence as [PRO] from FA during thier siege on bay tonight. I have seen many give up, but you guys didnt, no matter what you kept coming back. Excellent fights all night. Hope to see you again.

P.S. Please bring more Omegas, rarely do FA guilds break out the big guns anymore.

Omegas suck x_x I was donated one awhile back and figured why not~

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

Once again, epic reset was epic on IoJ borderland.. best Zerg v Zerg on reset.. thanks for nonstop zerging [RISE] had a blast!!

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

in WvW

Posted by: Karykarywook.2481

Karykarywook.2481

Okay – I think I’ll need a little help from someone who was playing on IOJ in EB last night.

Around…9:30pm or so (EST), not really sure – there was those of us on FA doing what we could to save Anz. But CD was highly determined – they set up 12- yes 12- pieces of seige to get into Anz. There was not much for those of us on FA to hold onto Anz.

Our last shred of hope, with the gate at about 20%, was to huddle in the Lord’s room and wait for the CD horde.

But as we stood there for a few moments…the gate wasn’t declining in health anymore, and I look in the distance, and I see fighting on the ground. I think “Oh! Looks like some other group from FA had come to the rescue!”.

But as I get to the front of the tower, all it is on the ground is a sea of red names. Like a tidal wave – IOJ rolls over ALL the seige, and very, very quickly. I laugh in map chat that IOJ is going to steal Anz from CD, I found it clever, even though I really didn’t want to lose Anz. I even mention in map chat that the IOJ numbers seem higher than the CD numbers. We brace for IOJ to auto attack the 20% health gate in mere moments.

But as we literally just stared on….the IOJ horde turns around and runs back to SMC. I mean, we were in disbelief. Perhaps they had a reason, but really, taking Anz would have been very simple for this zerg group.

I know for SURE this wasn’t a double teaming event against CD – IOJ was also actively taking the east side of the map – which by not taking Anz from us, freed us to not only take back our bases, but we even went to take Umber and Durios. I mentioned in map chat I felt pretty bad about taking IOJ stuff after that event.

Really, I wish I had that in fraps. Probably the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen in PVP.

KaryKarwook of Team Sarcasm – Fort Aspenwood
Representing RET in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: InSomNiaC.6315

InSomNiaC.6315

Omegas do their job well….They crack the defenses and get your group to the lord room. You still have to beat me and my friends inside. An omega’s presence shouldn’t be an autowin, however, they serve the purpose of cracking the walls.

Warrior-Crystal Desert
Supreme Commander of Kwisatz Haderach [KH]

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

Omegas do their job well….They crack the defenses and get your group to the lord room. You still have to beat me and my friends inside. An omega’s presence shouldn’t be an autowin, however, they serve the purpose of cracking the walls.

I don’t feel they are worth spending 4 alphas to make one, personally, while its cool they can hit from range and can hit walls, its almost always a better choice to use trebs/catas for walls.

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Someone dropped a bunch of siege in front of FA’s EB spawn. Some called it a dirty tactic/spy from CD, but I think it was just a bored guy with a lot of money to waste. Seems rather funny to me as I built a golem from it, as opposed to others who found it irritating =P

LOL THAT GUY

ok so there was this dude who was looking for map completion

and his BIG IDEA was to use the seige cap

to make FA fail. so FA could go in a worse tier. So he could get map completion when FA rolled tier 4 or whatever.

So. I tell the guy. yo. brah. Did you know about world transfers? And he’s like, that costs money. And i’m like no man, it’s less than you might think. Just do it in the log in screen. So he does, right?

And he’s like

IT DIDN’T EVEN ASK ME IF I WANTED TO SPEND THE MONEY
GOD. I HATE YOU. YOU PROBABLY JUST COST ME FIFTY DOLLARS

and on this day, my friends, I was a victor.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

are you john madden?

See, the guys who are smarter, see, those are the ones that are going to get the keep. Because they use seige, you know? And seige is something you use to attack walls, and doors. And the guys that use the seige, see, those are the guys who can take down the walls and the doors. But not as fast as if they are upgraded. Because upgrades slow that down. But they still want the keep, because that’s worth a lot of points.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: LaMisT.1863

LaMisT.1863

are you john madden?

See, the guys who are smarter, see, those are the ones that are going to get the keep. Because they use seige, you know? And seige is something you use to attack walls, and doors. And the guys that use the seige, see, those are the guys who can take down the walls and the doors. But not as fast as if they are upgraded. Because upgrades slow that down. But they still want the keep, because that’s worth a lot of points.

not talking about who is smarter or what.
I’m just laughing cause it took them so long and so much.

and please whoever it is stop posting my id on the lfg website. thats so dumb

I am Help, the Magical White Mushroom. :3

(edited by LaMisT.1863)

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Thank you we did really not wanna give up and the fight kept going and going…and i ran multible times into a new zerg after escaping the other one. i think we built around 19 trebs 4 golums 8 catas 15 arrowcarts and even after u destroyed all of them, we built a ne treb. phew….;-)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

LOL THAT GUY

ok so there was this dude who was looking for map completion

and his BIG IDEA was to use the seige cap

to make FA fail. so FA could go in a worse tier. So he could get map completion when FA rolled tier 4 or whatever.

So. I tell the guy. yo. brah. Did you know about world transfers? And he’s like, that costs money. And i’m like no man, it’s less than you might think. Just do it in the log in screen. So he does, right?

And he’s like

IT DIDN’T EVEN ASK ME IF I WANTED TO SPEND THE MONEY
GOD. I HATE YOU. YOU PROBABLY JUST COST ME FIFTY DOLLARS

and on this day, my friends, I was a victor.

Yeah talked to him too and he said oh didnt know about siege cap…and then i told him that i reported him and so did my teammates…this guy is either really really SLOW or a spy…..(I believe first though)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

This was probably the funnest night of wvw I have had taking the bay back. Almost 8 hours of constant fighting. You KH guys have some ridiculous tanky Guardians and it was fun trying to break your line on an ele.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

For the KH thief at Ruins in FA BL.. you know who you are.
You rendered just in time to bow at me after pretty much 1 hitting me.. then walked off and let me get back up from downed. Well played sir. I don’t know how you were stealthed that long and then a heartseeker with that much damage on my toughness? Must be a bugged combat log or something, surely. I was downed before I could even hit evade – see combat log for damage output.
brb rerolling thief

Attachments: