1-11-13 Maguuma vs. Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Actually I’m pretty sure every server has pubbies that will run through the front gate and get farmed

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Lasaonar.9132

Lasaonar.9132

Borlis Pass, why do you not comply with our fair demands? Why do you continue to stick up for the Jesse Cox? He has led you to only ruin! Simply deliver to us the Jesse Cox and you may continue to live in peace with Maguuma no longer trampling on your home.

Give to us the Jesse Cox or we will also camp every jumping puzzle until we have what we want- no, NEED.

You have 15 minutes.

Give us the Cox! We demand your Cox!

~Maguuma Warrior Princess, Hedda-chan~
[MLG] Professional ~gamer grrrl~ <3
[DARP] Guild

in WvW

Posted by: DKzPixel.3792

DKzPixel.3792

Clearly you have your Cox!!!

For the Love of Grenth, are the trolls in here all 12-14?

DKz Pixel (Leader)
The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Commander Dkz Pixelette – Borlis Pass US since Beta!

in WvW

Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

Your time is up; reap your reward.

in WvW

Posted by: TokenTrevor.2563

TokenTrevor.2563

Actually I’m pretty sure every server has pubbies that will run through the front gate and get farmed

But its happened more times than I’ve ever seen with any other server. And its their wvw guilds doing it, not just random pubs.

in WvW

Posted by: TokenTrevor.2563

TokenTrevor.2563

So what’s gonna happen if we don’t get Cox?

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

what the kitten is going on

in WvW

Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

We warned you, Borlis Pass, but you had to be obstinate. Look at the ruin your pride has wrought! Your garrison, crushed beneath the relentless might of Maguuma, its defenses eroded away like so many shores by the ocean.

For your transgressions, for access to the EB jumping puzzle, we shall demand a sacrifice of one Shaboozey member per run.

Or, you can deliver to us one (1) Jessie Cox, and have free access to the jumping puzzles again.

The choice is yours.

in WvW

Posted by: Notus.5769

Notus.5769

Well BP, you would not give up the Jesse Cox so we have invoked our sacred ritual. Come to Maguuma BL to witness the frightful invocation.

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

GIVE US THE COX!

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

What in the hell is going on? I see some fellow maguumans demanding for Cox. I wish I could get online to figure out this fuss for Cox. Or could someone enlighten me?

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

he sounds pretty casual and misinformed

goon also has like a total of 10 active wvw participants.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I think 90+% of goons that do wvw aren’t in a goon guild at this point. Reping once a month to do PvE doesn’t count.

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

Had a blast at Astral last night.

“The Stompah” got a group dug into Astral for quite some time last night and the final and overwhelming push from Mag to kick us out was a wild one. Most of us knew what was coming after the spy lay dead in the middle of camp for what seemed .. forever!

Shortly after, madness. I honestly can’t tell if two groups came in, one from the West entrance and another from the South East shortly after, but all I can remember is standing on a rock and suddenly a thief appears in the middle of us and died while I watched players start to scramble around the Upgrade Claimer. By the time we were halfway down the hill it was like a scene out of Braveheart. A slew of red names running over team mates, wrecking siege, and thieves vanishing all over the place like some evil blinky light show you would see done to trans siberian orchestra.

respawn run back and join the fray again. At one point it looked like we had Mag cleared out, but their forces eventually overran the camp. All I remember thinking is that it was one of the coolest fights I have ever been a part of, over a camp.

fun.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

Just a question for everyone? I run iTunes while I play all the time. But I’m gonna set up vent this week for server reset since my guild uses it. Can I still run iTunes and hear people talk over it ? Or am I stuck listening to people talk strategy and ramble all night?

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Just a question for everyone? I run iTunes while I play all the time. But I’m gonna set up vent this week for server reset since my guild uses it. Can I still run iTunes and hear people talk over it ? Or am I stuck listening to people talk strategy and ramble all night?

I think Ventrilo is great for mixing with itunes tbh.

Newer TS and Ventrilo Clients allow you to tweak each users volume in addition to multiple in and out level adjustments. I keep in game sound on (included music very low) iTunes, and Teamspeak and I can hear everything after a little tweaking. Commander volume goes up, people who talk nonsense usually get turned down a little. Music drowns them out, when it’s time to gab I will adjust iTunes a bit softer.

IF you run into an issue where you can not talk while in game, you will need to run Vent “as an Admin”.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

I think Ventrilo is great for mixing with itunes tbh.

Newer TS and Ventrilo Clients allow you to tweak each users volume in addition to multiple in and out level adjustments. I keep in game sound on (included music very low) iTunes, and Teamspeak and I can hear everything after a little tweaking. Commander volume goes up, people who talk nonsense usually get turned down a little. Music drowns them out, when it’s time to gab I will adjust iTunes a bit softer.

IF you run into an issue where you can not talk while in game, you will need to run Vent “as an Admin”.

Thank you for the info kind sir or ma’am ! Wondering what next week will bring, I’m thinking its gonna be an all out throw down. Plus I’m at work and I don’t really like my job so thinking about the game keeps my mind off the idiotic crap I have to deal with. Rant over game on!

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

Finally looks like there may be some server stability coming with transfers!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Many of the features, expanded reward systems, and potentially even live event storylines described above will also play a part in World vs. World in 2013. We also have other specific features that we’re focusing on developing for our WvW community that we want to make sure you’re aware of.
Polishing the existing WvW experience to ensure it shines in every way possible is a major goal for us which requires addressing major areas we know need a lot of attention. We’ve been working on two of these projects for a while now, and both have proven far more complicated to solve than we’d hoped, but we’re getting really close and have made tremendous progress.
Firstly, we’ll be adding paid server transfers, with time limitations and WvW restrictions, and guestingability, which allows players to visit friends on other servers in every part of the game except for WvW. To encourage players to stick with a single server for WvW and fight for the pride of that server, server changes will incur a fee and have time limitations. Second, we’ll make improvements to culling. We recently ran small tests on Live to help us move towards eliminating as much culling from WvW as possible. The results have been promising, and we have a number of additional culling features in development. If all goes well, our hope is 2013 is the year culling ceases to exist, or is as minimal as possible in the WvW experience.

We’re adding new features as well. We’ll introduce a system of prestige and advancement specifically designed for WvW. This will give players a progression path where they earn new WvW-only abilities and bonuses, and with them gain prestige and visible titles/recognition. Also, we’ll add a new motivation to the WvW domain that goes beyond the overall weekly score to give more short term reasons to be winning in WvW as well. We’ll discuss all these features in more detail as we get closer to release!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

Sweet new changes!

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

Ooh titles! I would like to see Yak Slapper be one, also like master blaster title. For people who do a lot of aoe damage. Make sure your in the server you wanna be now! That will take away a lot of crying from the forums so that’s good.ive never paid a dime in game don’t plan on it either.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

Oh wait a burning down the house title for so much aoe damage on towers keeps etc.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Sadly there is no clear timeline presented. They’ve been promising a lot of that since launch and it still hasn’t happened.

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Sadly there is no clear timeline presented. They’ve been promising a lot of that since launch and it still hasn’t happened.

I’m pretty happy with everything they have done as far as “extras” since launch. Much more than I expected for a BTP game.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

That same Colin Johanson release also included this bit on sPvP:

“For those more interested in competitive PvP, we’ll be adding the core features required to truly make Guild Wars 2 shine as a competitive game—things like being able to watch other competitors and see major ranked matches to learn how to play better, the ability to host your own custom arenas to setup your own rules and host your own team practices, and visible places for everyone to see rankings of the best teams/players in the world. We also want to make it easier to play games against good opponents, and give the ability to compete in games where ranking matters quickly and easily. Of course, this also means down the road we’ll have major tournaments, prizes, and more to help drive the growth of this competitive PvP community along-side our less hardcore PvP players.”

So maybe there is hope that all the folks looking for duels and fight club activity will find it there instead of in WvW. I don’t expect that will dramatically affect WvW itself, but it would be a huge improvement for these forums to have the associated smack talk moved elsewhere.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

That same Colin Johanson release also included this bit on sPvP:

“For those more interested in competitive PvP, we’ll be adding the core features required to truly make Guild Wars 2 shine as a competitive game—things like being able to watch other competitors and see major ranked matches to learn how to play better, the ability to host your own custom arenas to setup your own rules and host your own team practices, and visible places for everyone to see rankings of the best teams/players in the world. We also want to make it easier to play games against good opponents, and give the ability to compete in games where ranking matters quickly and easily. Of course, this also means down the road we’ll have major tournaments, prizes, and more to help drive the growth of this competitive PvP community along-side our less hardcore PvP players.”

So maybe there is hope that all the folks looking for duels and fight club activity will find it there instead of in WvW. I don’t expect that will dramatically affect WvW itself, but it would be a huge improvement for these forums to have the associated smack talk moved elsewhere.

Except for the whole thing where most of the people doing duels are in wvw because they like roaming. And you zergers smack talk each other every bit as much as any of the roamers do.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I think 90+% of goons that do wvw aren’t in a goon guild at this point. Reping once a month to do PvE doesn’t count.

B-b-b-but…

I hope not, for fight club. It’s always been a nice way to bring servers together in a WvW match and have fun. I’m pretty sure the smack talk here usually comes from people that don’t do fight club, and as you can see it was toned down a bit after the dueling took place last night.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Eh, I like fight club better. You can tailor your gear more situationally in WvW than you can in sPvP.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

The custom arenas will be a godsend for practicing specific matchups and builds, but the gear limitations in spvp simply don’t translate to WvW. Condition builds all together are a different beast because con. duration food is bananas and changes how you do traits most of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Eh, I like fight club better. You can tailor your gear more situationally in WvW than you can in sPvP.

Point taken.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Point taken.

Also food.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Grae Knight.5921

Grae Knight.5921

Having never participated in sPvP, why would someone duel in WvW when they can do that in sPvP?

Seems like if you do it in WvW you are asking for someone to interfere.

Member of [GASM]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: snacks.4852

snacks.4852

Having never participated in sPvP, why would someone duel in WvW when they can do that in sPvP?

spvp has limited stat setups in wvw you can have your build/stats exactly as you want them

Snacks
Ascension [WAR]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

From that sound bite, it sounds like sPvP will have spectator mode and rankings. I’ve seen maybe one person on any of these threads admit to losing a duel. I’ve seen no one admit to losing a 5v5, they will simply have to be better or be silent in sPvP where here, both sides can make up any story they want.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

he sounds pretty casual and misinformed

goon also has like a total of 10 active wvw participants.

I don’t get why everyone is getting bent by this Jessy Cox, sucker. Sure he prematurely objected to how Goon was handling their junk. It’s not like what he spit out all over youtube was more than a mouthful anyhow. He laid it on a bit thick, I agree but im sure once he got it off his chest he knew he probably blew an opportunity to turn around and take it back. I say hands off, and let him shake it out on his own.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

I don’t get why everyone is getting bent by this Jessy Cox, sucker. Sure he prematurely objected to how Goon was handling their junk. It’s not like what he spit out all over youtube was more than a mouthful anyhow. He laid it on a bit thick, I agree but im sure once he got it off his chest he knew he probably blew an opportunity to turn around and take it back. I say hands off, and let him shake it out on his own.

It’s not so much ‘getting bent’ as it is flat out making fun of him for making up idiotic conspiracies about goonie hackers as an excuse for being clueless and terrible.

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Hotjoin sPvP and free tournament format is pretty bad and the standard of organized play is very low. Its honestly better in WvW and more accessible for more players, plus its not strictly limited to holding multiple points concurrently. You can skirmish and build your character heavily around skirmishing and not feel like you are completely screwing your team.

Only a tiny number of players participate in paid tournament format and theres no cost prohibitive, non miserable way for new and intermediate players to segue into highly organised play against consistently competent opponents. sPvP meta is highly dysfunctional and class balance is way off.

The whole format needs alot of work, arguably more so than WvW which is also highly dysfunctional but in a different way. Theres great potential in both game modes but I don’t know…

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Nilgoow.1037

Also check out my ELITE -=:420:=- 360noscope [MLG] 1v1 video from this week’s matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

Just cause Maguuma never has the outmanned buff. etc

Also to the 15 people it took to kill me at north supply on DRBL a couple minutes ago, sending in your thieves first is a bad move.. they don’t stand a chance.

Attachments:

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Fiction.6418)

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

This was the assault on Borliss Pass garrison on friday, I challenge anyone to find more than one or two GOONs or a person hacking in this video, Mr Cox, before your go running your mouth about people cheating you might want to consider someone ALWAYS has fraps running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCJzhNG9Zk

wait… what are you trying to show off in this video?

building a bunch of golems on a non-upgraded keep that is 100% empty of all supplies because the servers have just opened.. it it was the first thing you guys attacked?

nothing to new to see here.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Also check out my ELITE -=:420:=- 360noscope [MLG] 1v1 video from this week’s matchup.

Finally a reason for reading this thread. Great footage. A necro roamer. Never seen that before.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

saiyr.3071

This was the assault on Borliss Pass garrison on friday, I challenge anyone to find more than one or two GOONs or a person hacking in this video, Mr Cox, before your go running your mouth about people cheating you might want to consider someone ALWAYS has fraps running.

wait… what are you trying to show off in this video?

building a bunch of golems on a non-upgraded keep that is 100% empty of all supplies because the servers have just opened.. it it was the first thing you guys attacked?

nothing to new to see here.

Read the post…it kind of gives the entire reason for posting the video.

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

A little off topic but with all the drama about transfers this week and the 2013 announcement. Paid transfer seeming like they are coming sooner rather then later. And the recent server population expansion. Do you guys think the top 10-15 servers are about to get more transfers? Do you think it was done on purpose to maybe weed out some of the lower population servers? Just thinking

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Nilgoow.1037

A little off topic but with all the drama about transfers this week and the 2013 announcement. Paid transfer seeming like they are coming sooner rather then later. And the recent server population expansion. Do you guys think the top 10-15 servers are about to get more transfers? Do you think it was done on purpose to maybe weed out some of the lower population servers? Just thinking

Closing servers is a huge deal for an MMO developer because it’s an admission that the population has dropped substantially. For that reason it’s normally done far too late to be of much use other than propping up a game that’s basically dead. I don’t think GW2 is at that point but I could definitely see people taking advantage of transfers while they’re still free.

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

Obeby I loved watching that, thank you for recording!

All 3 servers felt the confusion of us hitting the inner main gate that we did not intend to breach, while our golems kittenkittykatkitty the watergate.

I figured it would only be a matter of time before someone claims hacks/exploit.

^^ it’s called a diversion. It worked so well that Maguuman’s were confused

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

I tried to make a crit build necro once for SPVP… I failed miserably. I liked the video, makes me want to try my necro again.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

Obeby I loved watching that, thank you for recording!

All 3 servers felt the confusion of us hitting the inner main gate that we did not intend to breach, while our golems kittenkittykatkitty the watergate.

I figured it would only be a matter of time before someone claims hacks/exploit.

^^ it’s called a diversion. It worked so well that Maguuman’s were confused

Shh fatty, only you were confused. <3

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Really well played, but I’d get so frustrated trying to solo without being able to stomp. You kept downing people left and right, but no stability.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I don’t think I saw much noncrit hits in that video.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

A few OG ran with WäR the other night, we were tearing things up.