1/4/13 CD, IoJ, FA (Round 3)

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

It doesn’t matter if FA has players in the borderlands running around tipping cows. We don’t ever have a queue. So the more bodies we can mix into the mess, the better.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Because you apparently still can’t see anything past what you think it is.

I know exactly what it is.

So then why did you ask why a Maguuma player was defending them?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Because I didn’t realize these guys were just more Magooooooma playes server hopping until you explained. Now I get it. They’re from Magooooooooma. Nothing more to say.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Maguuma is not their home server either, just so you know. Since you’re already getting an early start on labeling people.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Because I didn’t realize these guys were just more Magooooooma playes server hopping until you explained. Now I get it. They’re from Magooooooooma. Nothing more to say.

If they’re server hopping, then how do we know they came from Maguuma to begin with? How do we know that they’re not those fools that just use a server to get what they want, and then jump again? Or as the Charr put it…honorless gladiums.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Or as the Charr put it…honorless gladiums.

I unironically like that name. Time to make a new guild for WvW!

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

If they’re server hopping, then how do we know they came from Maguuma to begin with? How do we know that they’re not those fools that just use a server to get what they want, and then jump again? Or as the Charr put it…honorless gladiums.

It doesn’t really matter what they’re “home server” is. It explains why they think it’s funny to brag about getting loot instead of trying to help the server they’re on win.

The “magooooma” link simply explains why this other guy is invading our thread and pretending it’s good strategy to just run around taking nothing and putting no points on the board. It’s typical Magoooma tactics, to do a lot of forum bragging (trolling) about flipping camps and loot farming, while their server fails in general. So it’s no surprise there’s a Magooooooooma player in a thread, that should have nothing to do with them, patting people on the back for pointless tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

The “magooooma” link simply explains why this other guy is invading our thread

My favorite part is how he corrects people about what happened, despite the fact he wasn’t actually there. But never lets the facts get in the way of a good troll….

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Vazqo.8012

Vazqo.8012

As far as getting facts straight to the person from AoN, there wasnt 25+ unless your counting CD and IoJ together. And everytime you entered the SE keep you got farmed just as much, anyway keep to zerg surfing and flipping camps and you wont die much.

Czarist/Vazqo/Vazco et al
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

You mean Bunzy? The guy no one likes, not even Maguuma players? I like how you’re painting Maguuma by one guild, the main aggressor of which Maguuma ignores and tells other people to ignore on a daily basis.

But one guy brags (not the actual Maguuma player) and the entire server is doing it. Yup. Please let’s turn this thread into your accusations and arguments about how Maguuma fails and you’re so much better. No, please do.

Edit: And who said it was a good strategy? He literally said he was doing it for loot bags… literally….

The “magooooma” link simply explains why this other guy is invading our thread

My favorite part is how he corrects people about what happened, despite the fact he wasn’t actually there. But never lets the facts get in the way of a good troll….

Are you talking about me? Because I was there. I was one of the seven. But congrats on that.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

You mean Bunzy?

No, I mean you.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Score + map update

Attachments:

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

You mean Bunzy?

No, I mean you.

No you’re not, because I never said anything of those things. Please, continue. Tell me all the secrets of Maguuma in a IoJ, FA, CD thread.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

No you’re not, because I never said anything of those things. Please, continue. Tell me all the secrets of Maguuma in a IoJ, FA, CD thread.

Your lack of honesty and sad attempts to troll, just over the last 2 pages, should be enough for anyone reading to know what’s going on here.

Go back to your own server.

No worries, I will. I like how you say I’m attempting to troll but you’re the one that has a bone to pick, while my posts have been attempts at getting you to shut up about Maguuma already.

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

How about both of you cool it, stop posting, and let the adults talk about the current score in W3 and how the match is going, mkay?

[hS]

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

How about both of you cool it, stop posting, and let the adults talk about the current score in W3 and how the match is going, mkay?

/eyes roll

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Go ahead? People posting in a thread does not stop other people from posting or discussing things.

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

Hey Ryu, why don’t you flaming stop arguing about arguing on the Internet so the adults can get back to talking about the score :p

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Score + map update

Anyway, I want to point out that both IOJ and FA have been great opponents, and even when they’re outnumbered they don’t give up, and always play to win.

That’s why I hope these server transfers and their “who cares about the score” attitude doesn’t rub off on them.

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

Idk whats happening with IoJ. We’re just so inconsistent

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Ahh… Maguuma trolls in this thread? Did they get bored because they got kicked to t5? And to think that they called us the"mindless zerg". Maybe i should call them “ironic zerg” instead.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Thanks to CD for giving me like half of the 100 events needed for my monthly achievement off of defending stonemist.

Anet make Rev great again.

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I was wondering why us fa at eb were doing so well. Turns out the cd zerg was hanging down in the jp for some reason O.o Shouldve taken a screenshot but it was pretty funny

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

And my plan to divert attention/argument succeeds.

Impressive FA, you’re managing to keep a tight grip on quite a few areas tonight. But can you keep it up the entire week?

[hS]

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

And my plan to divert attention/argument succeeds.

The argument was over already, all you did was let the Magoooma troll off easy.

Funny, because when the guy from TC was here, just giving friendly advice, everyone flamed him for being in the wrong thread. Where were you then?

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Probably being stuck with the relatives, WHO I DESPISE. You know, holidays and all.

[hS]

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Probably being stuck with the relatives, WHO I DESPISE. You know, holidays and all.

Heh, you and half of the server.

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

Score + map update

Anyway, I want to point out that both IOJ and FA have been great opponents, and even when they’re outnumbered they don’t give up, and always play to win.

That’s why I hope these server transfers and their “who cares about the score” attitude doesn’t rub off on them.

actually it sounds like they fit right in with FA.

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Thanks to CD for giving me like half of the 100 events needed for my monthly achievement off of defending stonemist.

Can’t believe our guild took SMC and has defended it for something like 8 hours now. If anyone wants to say GODS does not defend then…..LOL.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Score + map update

Nothing is going to “rub off” on anyone. No one is here to convert anyone to their play style, and I’m not even playing as I usually do, which is the reason I’m here in the first place. Even on FA, there are people who have the same priorities as AoN does, just as on every server. One person was vocal about their interests and you act like there’s a revolution about to start and grabbed your pitch fork. There wasn’t even an argument, just you whining about Maguuma. I’m touched you care so much.

I was one of the people who said CD as a whole wasn’t a mindless zerg. I pointed out specific instances and named the guilds from your oceanic presence that just seemed to be mindless. There were many people, including CD commanders that agreed that yes, you don’t use anything other than numbers because you’ve never had to to win. Now that the advantage is slightly cut, it looks like you think a lot more tactically rather than just “bash heads here.” That or your oceanic presence has dropped, because for some reason I had a hard time locating big zergs the size of what we’ve seen during that time.

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Had fun tonight killing FA, but still interested in a double team on CD.

Anyone?

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Why is Magoooma still posting here?

in WvW

Posted by: SpitFire.4690

SpitFire.4690

[RISE] is having an epic fun in IoJ borderland again tnx IoJ for zerg v zerg

CD definitely had a zerg. One of our members said she had to wait 40seconds for your whole train to pass by Cragtop to Garrison when you got the wall down. Was fun Backdooring you guys.

Ahaha that was fun!! We always knew that you guys were gonna wait for us to backdoor but we just said F it “BAWLZ DEEP” xD

Primordus Virtus [RISE] Prime Leader – Prince Járvan
Our greatest strength lies in never failing,
But we [RISE] each time we fall.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Why is Magoooma still posting here?

Because you still care, obviously.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Score + map update

actually it sounds like they fit right in with FA.

Well this is conflicting information… odd.

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

This is getting ridiculous. I think they need to redo this tier system, because at this rate we might have a full month of battles between the three of our servers. XD

This is bad because???
You understand that with an elo based matchmaking system and a pool of twenty opponents that you’re actually supposed to be against the same servers forever* right?
*Unless one of you actually gets much better.

If you think two weeks is enough time to exhaust the interesting fights between servers then you’re missing a whole level of guild vs guild combat that goes on in these things. Three months isn’t long enough to exhaust that because those groups are actually trying to get into each other’s heads and not only bring more people to fights to crush them but rather figure out how to do it with fewer people.

If instead you want to be matched with much more random opponents so that a lot of the time you win just because you were already better than them, then go play sPvP.

The worst part of WvWvW is the fact that entire zerg’s don’t load till it’s too late. I should’ve had FRAPS on tonight, an entire group literally appeared after 20 FA’ers were downed. High Pop will just become more zerg, and every other server either gains or just gives up. TC was bad. CD and IoJ aren’t nearly as zergy as that f* server.

We zerg pretty hard on CD when we don’t have the specific guilds out in force (or even when we’ve only got one guild/commander going so that the pugs don’t have anywhere else to go.)

Very disappointed in CD.

Fortunately I’m on my thief and thief’s never die so I just used shadow refuge to run out of combat and waypoint away.

For shame CD, for shame. Where’s your sense of fun?

I get that this isn’t a serious post but fighting a thief 1v1 is playing the game wrong.

Surviving against a thief 1v1 shouldn’t be too difficult for any build that hasn’t thrown survivability to the wind, but to actually introduce the possibility of death for the thief… don’t 1v1. I kill bad thieves that don’t know what they’re doing all the time 1v1 but if you know the first thing about running away then no. At best I convince them to leave and go attack somebody else.

And of course, how silly of me for thinking a 1 v 1 is “fair”

Still know you’re trolling btw.

But no, the combat in GW is team composition. Combo fields and finishers give you a couple of tools solo but the actual tool kit where your allies finish in those fields specifically gears the game for groups fighting groups. When a run away build escapes a fight they leave they tend to leave the melee classes to die, so your team is often worse off because you decided to be something that could escape fights instead of contributing to it.

We see a lot of that in WvW right now though because people try to play without any of the back work of group compositions. People want to roll like a single player in a multiplayer game and they suck because of it.

But hey, there aren’t so many people that actually know how to do group combat well right now so there’s no obvious penalty for this kind of play style. Gonna be a different story as people beyond the elite guilds start using even just blob tactics though.

Great fights today in FABL CD. You guys were very pretty persistent and really wanted to take our Hills. I admire you spirit. Looking forward to more great fights as week continues. You guys seem to grow in numbers each day though. I think CD have more WvW population than FA and IoJ combined at least at times I am on. But we do like to be underdogs. I personally would rather beat 10 players with 5 than vise versa. We may loose week after week but we will surely put up a good fight. That all that matter to me. GL and see you guys on Battlefield.

We definitely have had more population than FA most of the time. You guys seemed really bipolar about that though- almost a smash and grab then log off thing.

IoJ has had really weak showing on a few Fridays now but I think that their fairweather players have come over to CD now. It’s actually frustrating having queues that stop us from hopping the really baller players around between maps now. Then again it will be good for some of our commanders to have to learn how to handle situations where our zergs get farmed.

I’d worry that they will become demoralized but we’ve done some thoroughly demoralizing stuff to your commanders so I’m sure it will even out.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

I thought I had seen every stupidity imaginable in WvW until I saw AoN, a guild from FA, in CD’s borderlands.

They had 15+ players that didn’t cap or own a single thing on the map, and just zerged to anything with swords. In effect they did nothing but defend CD’s towers and keeps for hours on end.

Maybe they are trying to push us up into tier 2?

Bluh, we’ve not nearly spread the better play styles information around enough for that yet. With enough xfers onto our server we might not get dominated but I really wouldn’t want to have to mess with blackgate when my guild didn’t have big raids going on.

HAHA! we farmed both CD and IoJ so hard… it was so fun, thanks for all the loot and fun. We enjoy making people grief, but please do have your facts straight.. there was 7 of us repeatedly wiping 25+ of you. We don’t care about CD, nor do we care about FA, nor do we care about IoJ. We just kill stuff.

I don’t understand why somone would come onto the forums and tell everyone they don’t care about their own server, they just want loot, as if it’s something to brag about.

And why is a Magoooma player in this thread defending what they did in the first place?

Actually I appreciate that mindset, especially when it comes from seven people that were wiping 25. War commander map strategy is one thing but you need some actual muscle on the 5-10 player scale if you want WvW to be more interesting than herding cats around a map.

That those 25 were fighting each other instead of a unified force against the 7 lessens it a bit, but beating 13ish with 7 and then another 12ish in the same combat is still decent.

Nothing, apparently. Because you apparently still can’t see anything past what you think it is. So continue to believe it’s trolling. I will continue to correct anything people say, but you’re free to piece the puzzle together.

Anyway, it’s just funny how someone counts 7 people as 15+, 45mins as hours, and not capping anything when a tower and supply camps were taken. It really speaks for the kind of mentality the person has. Hope that’s not a widespread thing.

Oh it’s all bible counting in the threads. 30 people just killed you? Compliment their 50 man wrecking ball on the forums. They got into the garrison with six alpha golems? Talk about how sick their omega golem force was.

If we didn’t know the unit cap on maps you’d see even crazier numbers. Players hate the idea that an equal sized group is beating them when they can blame being outnumbered, so much so that they even refuse to remember what they actually saw with their own eyes.

The argument was over already, all you did was let the Magoooma troll off easy.

FYI stopping criticizing trolls on forums isn’t exactly “punishment” to them. If it’s somewhere that links to their real name (facebook perhaps?) then they might suffer a little bit socially for behaving like a dick. This venue? Best you can hope for is that they get themselves suspended/banned- but bickering with them is as much you breaking the rules as them (if at all.)

Now that the advantage is slightly cut, it looks like you think a lot more tactically rather than just “bash heads here.” That or your oceanic presence has dropped, because for some reason I had a hard time locating big zergs the size of what we’ve seen during that time.

Our oceanic presence diminished as the new year approached. We heard some claims that guilds has xfered but no specific details. Asian holidays should be over right about now so give it awhile.

As for tactics you’re probably seeing more that that due to the Aussie presence on IoJ that actually resists. Can’t really blame people for rolling a katamari all over the map when there aren’t enough people to even slow it down.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

I havent heard anything about our oceanic guilds transferring off?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Okay, thank you very much for your insight. I wasn’t aware of any Asian holidays (i tend to lose track of even the American ones), but yeah, the sizes seemed to be lacking. Good to see you got some new people too! Oh, you’re KH? Are you the guild that was on EBay and are infamous for portaling around your guys? I hated fighting you guys but it was a good kind of hate. The “omg wtf I just got portal bombed by 15 guys and now they’re gone” kind of hate. Looking forward to some good fights!

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Actually I appreciate that mindset, especially…..
beating 13ish with 7 and then another 12ish in the same combat is still decent.

Decent enough to come on here and brag about it? That’s funny.

What’s not funny is then admitting you don’t even care about the server you’re playing on. That’s just nonsense. It’s the same nonsense we had to hear back when we were up against these guys. Were you there at the time?

FYI stopping criticizing trolls on forums isn’t exactly “punishment” to them.

I coudn’t care less. My point was to get some clerification on why people are bragging about how little they care about their own server. Once I found out they’re just the same trolls who verbally attacked CD for two weeks when we were up against them, I expalined that I get it now, I know what he’s doing.

That was it. “Agument” over. For some reason I get a bunch of people whining at me for pointing out that the guy is trolling. Way to give the trolls the big fat “OK”. God forbid somone friendly from TC makes a post…. but if a troll from Magoooma comes in here to trash talk you all play duck and cover.

Kinda like we do in the game, when the going gets tough……

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

CD has had a surge in players, but I only know of one new guild that transferred, and they’re only around 50 members. I think it’s all the holiday returnees coming back in to the battlegrounds.

SoH was holding the SE quadrant in FA BL for reset night, had some good fights with GODS and PTX and many other guilds. IoJ didn’t show up on the FA BL for the first few hours so we were fighting FA from 3 sides.

I myself didn’t play for awhile because I couldn’t stand playing against TC, ever single time we’d go to Golanta they would have a perma stealth thief abusing the capping mechanism (before it was patched of course). Then of course the holidays happened and I was visiting family, but now I’ve been in WvW a lot more lately.

Pro-tip: when we played against CD you guys rarely killed the guard NPCs. Golanta is really easy to defend when no one from the invading team does corpse sweeps or kills the guard patrols. On more than one occasion I was resurrected by a Cabalist NPC and able to hold the circle until reinforcements arrived because you guys stood in the middle of the camp spamming aoe’s.

I’m not saying that our night shift did or did not abuse thief stealth (as I was asleep), but during all of our match-ups against CD I was playing camp defense. I can tell you that, from our side, most of it while I was online was people like me standing in or behind buildings, dying 30v1, and either running back from the keep to stand in the circle or being resurrected by NPCs.

If you still have problems with that stuff then make sure to at least aggro the roaming camp guards, because Golanta is hilariously easy to defend otherwise. Sit near the supply house when taking the camp and have a few people scout/sweep the southern hut, not in the center.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Actually I appreciate that mindset, especially…..
beating 13ish with 7 and then another 12ish in the same combat is still decent.

Decent enough to come on here and brag about it? That’s funny.

What’s not funny is then admitting you don’t even care about the server you’re playing on. That’s just nonsense. It’s the same nonsense we had to hear back when we were up against these guys. Were you there at the time?

FYI stopping criticizing trolls on forums isn’t exactly “punishment” to them.

I coudn’t care less. My point was to get some clerification on why people are bragging about how little they care about their own server. Once I found out they’re just the same trolls who verbally attacked CD for two weeks when we were up against them, I expalined that I get it now, I know what he’s doing.

That was it. “Agument” over. For some reason I get a bunch of people whining at me for pointing out that the guy is trolling. Way to give the trolls the big fat “OK”. God forbid somone friendly from TC makes a post…. but if a troll from Magoooma comes in here to trash talk you all play duck and cover.

Kinda like we do in the game, when the going gets tough……

AoN wasn’t on Maguuma or posting in the matchup thread when you faced Maguuma. So it is not the same trolls. I also never bragged about anything in this thread yet Maguuma is my home. Youve got some issues you just need to let go and move on from. If you think someone is trolling, posting or talking to them or about them doesn’t help. Report, ignore, move on.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I’m not talking to you Magooooooma.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

You’re doing a GREAT job at it.

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Aw, you two are quite cute.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Aw, you two are quite cute.

L-lovers!?

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Myros.4675

Myros.4675

As a player on CD, I have to admit that FA is by far very inconsistent.. A surge in power, then they drift off into a deep slumber.

IoJ on the other hand, is quite formidable. Don’t get me wrong, I think FA is strong too when they actually go for it. All in all, I like the level of competition :-) I remember the FIRST time I ever logged on to WvWvW it was CD vs Sanctum of Rall vs Sea of Sorrows.. Boy was it tough!

Quite sad to see someone from FA asking IoJ to gang up on CD earlier on in this thread :P

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

As a player on CD, I have to admit that FA is by far very inconsistent.. A surge in power, then they drift off into a deep slumber.

IoJ on the other hand, is quite formidable. Don’t get me wrong, I think FA is strong too when they actually go for it. All in all, I like the level of competition :-) I remember the FIRST time I ever logged on to WvWvW it was CD vs Sanctum of Rall vs Sea of Sorrows.. Boy was it tough!

Quite sad to see someone from FA asking IoJ to gang up on CD earlier on in this thread :P

Well, we gotta sleep sometime too.Especially our guild plays mainly during night times as we all work during the day…oh well it’s 7am..bed time :-)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I’m quite proud of FA. The playerbase is quite receptive to strategy and teamwork. The only problem is that FA lacks a lot of good commanders. Sure we have a lot of commander tags, but very few of them carry enough clout to steer clear of the team chat trolls. So it seems when there is a good commander on (Ibludgeon, Derv, etc) we will do very well. But the moment they log off the Zerg resumes its mindless gameplay and one failure leads to another until we’re outmanned again.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

I’m quite proud of FA. The playerbase is quite receptive to strategy and teamwork. The only problem is that FA lacks a lot of good commanders. Sure we have a lot of commander tags, but very few of them carry enough clout to steer clear of the team chat trolls. So it seems when there is a good commander on (Ibludgeon, Derv, etc) we will do very well. But the moment they log off the Zerg resumes its mindless gameplay and one failure leads to another until we’re outmanned again.

The problem is FA commanders do not command, they run around with tags. Is AoN on FA? Haven’t heard of them but if all this bragging is warranted I’d love to play with them.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma