10/12 Tarnished Coast/Fort Aspenwood/Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: sepelion.6435

sepelion.6435

You people are utterly naive if you think the transplants now steamrolling on BG are anything more than pathetic competition-dodgers.

They could’ve picked a handful of other servers that wouldn’t have created a match-up like this, and what I say will be verified when they jump into another server with free transfers just to steamroll some more.

They are the ones that made this uneven situation willingly.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Yea it’s starting to get boring because were always outnumbered. I love me some RP, but I’m considering a move to one of the top WvW realms so that I can have free/easy wins with maxed out server populations.

And here we have a post that essentially crystallizes the issues with server transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

dude BG was getting 500+ point since 9 – 10 pm NA west time yesterday. there is nothing to do with night crews .

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

Depends, if the other two servers are mostly east coast based.

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

BG has been through a lot and never gave up. We were very high in the tiers in the first 2 weeks of the game and then we got matched against hOD for like 3 days straight. Alot of people left and BG got bumped down to something like 5th tier. We worked our way back up and tried our best to recruit more guilds to our server. We never gave up and alot of guilds came here for that very reason. BG is also one of the first servers to do heavy recruitment threads on other forums to get more guilds over. If our hard work paid off, good for us. You can do the exact same thing. BG went from the top to one of the lower tiers and is now working our way up again. BG has not had an easy road and anyone who plays on this server or follows our progress would know that.

We want to be competitive and move up to t1 someday. We are on our way to doing so, unfortunately we came in third in t2 last week so we got bumped down to t3 automatically. It sucks that you guys have to fight us but there is nothing we can do about that.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

BG has been through a lot and never gave up. We were very high in the tiers in the first 2 weeks of the game and then we got matched against hOD for like 3 days straight. Alot of people left and BG got bumped down to something like 5th tier. We worked our way back up and tried our best to recruit more guilds to our server. We never gave up and alot of guilds came here for that very reason. BG is also one of the first servers to do heavy recruitment threads on other forums to get more guilds over. If our hard work paid off, good for us. You can do the exact same thing. BG went from the top to the bottom and is now working our way up again.

To a degree you’re right, however one of the issues is that BG is getting transfers en masse from servers it’s been pitted against. So on one hand the resident guilds did their part putting in work, but on the other hand the NA transfers have both depleted some of your former competition and centralized it to a single server. On one angle you’ve been working your way back up, but on another you’re also gobbling your way back up by eating up your competition by having it move to your server.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

in WvW

Posted by: Kerri Knight.3168

Kerri Knight.3168

Alodar.5794

Tarnished Coast won’t give up. We never have in any of the previous matchups, and we look at each week as an opportunity to learn more and improve. Already this week we have learned a lot about how higher ranking servers respond and move around. Looking forward to the rest of the week actually regardless of the score.

While I agree with the sentiment that we’ve got a good thing going on TC and definitely “punch above our weight class” to some degree…

Saturday late AM on TCBL there wasn’t a whole lot to learn about tactics or strategy besides “50 beats 10”, “2 trebuchet and 2 catapult and a golem can take down a tower with no upgrades really fast” and “It’s hard to mount a siege against a fully upgraded keep when you can barely even keep one single supply camp for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.” There aren’t exactly a lot of advanced concepts you can learn when the enemy is just bludgeoning you with sheer numbers and ridiculous amounts of equipment.

I’ve also seen a great deal more bickering and loss of morale than previously and I had already observed, seeing the writing on the wall from last night, that this would be a make-or-break week for TC since it is our 2nd week facing a server that can hold 50%+ in prime and 90%+ overnight and our 3rd week facing a server that has overnight presence (we managed to hold 1st against SoS, however, so that probably helped more than hurt). Come Monday or Tuesday, we’ll see if the enthusiasm stays high, definitely a real gut-check for us. We still had something to scrape and fight for last week in terms of clawing our way back to a “respectable 2nd place finish” from behind. I’m not sure this week is shaping up in the same way, so far.

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

“Better to wait 2 hours to get into a wining WvW that has equal player ratio then insta Q into another that has you 1v10. The only thing keeping me on TC is the possibility of good RP, haven’t found a guild yet though that meets the RP im lookin for. Giving it a few more weeks but if a good RP group can’t be found then off to Jade Quarry I go”

Have fun with that.

Seriously, good luck. I think most of TC would rather have people in WvWvW that enjoy the fight rather than people who just want easy wins.

in WvW

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

It will be a good test for TC. Hopefully, the truly dedicated keep playing, while the ones that are just in it for easy wins will stop. Maybe we can finally get some sort of organisation going.

in WvW

pot.6805

BG has been through a lot and never gave up. We were very high in the tiers in the first 2 weeks of the game and then we got matched against hOD for like 3 days straight. Alot of people left and BG got bumped down to something like 5th tier. We worked our way back up and tried our best to recruit more guilds to our server. We never gave up and alot of guilds came here for that very reason. BG is also one of the first servers to do heavy recruitment threads on other forums to get more guilds over. If our hard work paid off, good for us. You can do the exact same thing. BG went from the top to the bottom and is now working our way up again.

To a degree you’re right, however one of the issues is that BG is getting transfers en masse from servers it’s been pitted against. So on one hand the resident guilds did their part putting in work, but on the other hand the NA transfers have both depleted some of your former competition and centralized it to a single server. On one angle you’ve been working your way back up, but on another you’re also gobbling your way back up by eating up your competition by having it move to your server.

We worked our way back up to t2 before any “en masse” transfers. I can think of at least 3 servers that got a bunch of HoD guilds so quite a few servers have gotten new transfers in. Also I’m not sure what you mean by eating up our competition by “having” it move to our server. We can’t force anyone to move here. Also I’m not sure which servers you are referring to in that statement. As for the few Oceanic guilds from HoD who moved here, that was their own decision. Alot of HOD fought us back in the early days of the game and gave us props for our never give up attitude. Maybe that was a factor in their decision.

We just got some new transfers in before the start of this matchup to help us be more competitive in t2. Because of the way things work since we came in third in t2 last week (it was our first week matchup in t2 so was a learning experience for us, SBI stomped both the 2nd and third server) we got bumped down to t3 for this matchup. It sucks that you guys have to face a server that is higher in rating but we don’t get to pick our matchup.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Pelican.3840

Pelican.3840

The main mentality I see out of TCers is humor in the face of nasty over-matched weeks. If you have an ego about needing constant wins, then a life of steady server transfers is apparently more your speed.

I’ll stick with the guys discussing favorite pizza toppings and putting together elaborate suicide plans for fun over ever feeling down that I am not currently winning the pixels. And really for a mostly pug group with a sense of humor about WvW, I’d say TC does a respectable job. The server has a good reputation for a reason. Friendly people who still like to show up to the occasional fight.

in WvW

pot.6805

And to be honest, most of the old timers on BG like both FA and TC. They remind us of ourselves in many ways. BG doesn’t give up and have a good attitude, much like FA and TC.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I’m not sure this week is shaping up in the same way, so far.

Think that way, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

in WvW

Nevron.9413

I wasn’t meaning to imply that you were ‘having’ them move to your server by any effort on your part. You got back up to T2 with your off-hour coverage against servers that had little to none, and then you had an alliance move from Dragonbrand, the second largest NA TA guild, and the largest NA AA guild. So it’s going to become another bandwagon server.

I’m not trying to bash BG by any means, simply saying that your climb back up was part your effort, and part the numbers and coverage provided by the transfers that BG has singularly benefited from more than any other server.

in WvW

Kerri Knight.3168

I’m not sure this week is shaping up in the same way, so far.

Think that way, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

In the context of what I was describing, there’s no perception element to it.

We were in 3rd fighting to move up to 2nd last week.

So far this week, that isn’t the case.

in WvW

pot.6805

I wasn’t meaning to imply that you were ‘having’ them move to your server by any effort on your part. You got back up to T2 with your off-hour coverage against servers that had little to none, and then you had an alliance move from Dragonbrand, the second largest NA TA guild, and the largest NA AA guild. So it’s going to become another bandwagon server.

I’m not trying to bash BG by any means, simply saying that your climb back up was part your effort, and part the numbers and coverage provided by the en masse transfers that BG has singularly benefited from more than any other server.

We saw our weakness and worked to fix it by recruiting ppl to our server. If you want to be competitive in wvw at the top tiers you have to have coverage during as many hours as possible. The only way to do that within the current system is to recruit people to your server to fix coverage problems. We had no off hour coverage a month ago, we fixed that problem.

I would hope you aren’t bashing us, we just want to be competitive in the top tiers. And we’ve slowly making that goal come to fruition. We’ve been stomped in our matchups before (we just got stomped by SBI last week who beat BG and IOJ by like 150k points or something), we know how it feels. We took each loss and tried to correct the mistakes we made. I feel like that we’ve done that pretty well so far.

Hopefully BG moves into t2 and stays there so you won’t have to fight us again.

edit: Not really familiar with what TA or AA guilds moved here since it just happened a couple days ago but who are 2nd largest and largest guilds?

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Macallan.9270

Macallan.9270

For the EB, a few people on TC have indicated that we made a deliberate effort to leave FA alone, as BG will have a harder time owning the map against 2 teams than 1. With that effort made by all of TC, it is disappointing to see FA not understand this dynamic. In reading their posts about their past experience with BG, one would think it quite simple to figure out.

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Battle report (day time / 2nd day):

Attachments:

in WvW

Nevron.9413

For the EB, a few people on TC have indicated that we made a deliberate effort to leave FA alone, as BG will have a harder time owning the map against 2 teams than 1. With that effort made by all of TC, it is disappointing to see FA not understand this dynamic. In reading their posts about their past experience with BG, one would think it quite simple to figure out.

TC was pushing up into FA pretty hard last night while BG was doing the same, so not sure what you were expecting. We understand the dynamic, but when you push up into our territory so heavily while BG does the same, we’re not going to sit there and allow it.

As a point of reference..

Attachments:

(edited by Nevron.9413)

in WvW

Posted by: melchiz.7182

melchiz.7182

BG looks like it’s going to be the next FotM server after JQ dies. Who will follow BG?

in WvW

pot.6805

BG looks like it’s going to be the next FotM server after JQ dies. Who will follow BG?

If we are the next FoTM oh well, nothing we can do about it! The people who have been on BG since launch like myself and the other guilds who stuck it out on BG will still be here when the bandwagoners leave.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

There will be no free transfers soon and the bandwagoners will be stuck at JQ forever the alternative is that they have to ask for theirs fathers credit card but i dont think that will happen

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

If you think we (BG) are having free and easy wins then you are sadly mistaken. Also, you are pretty much insulting all the efforts of the people on your server. If the reason you do WvW for is simply to win, then you should probably transfer to the #1 server to begin with. TC and FA has been putting up fights and making us work to keep what we have, in fact TC just managed to get a foothold on their own map and take their garrison back from us. I really hope people like you that simply want to win don’t queue in TC so then maybe those that are dedicated will come and fight us.

I’m not insulting anyone, just pointing out that no matter how good you are at WvW Population ratio will always win. And if you think population has nothing to do with it, your naive.

I think the PVP’ers on TC are among the best, and in-fact if we had the PVP population that other servers enjoy, I have no doubt we would be in the top two tiers. But as I pointed out we don’t have the numbers and it doesn’t matter how pro our players are, a ratio of 5-1 will always win. WvW all boils down to numbers, you either have them or you don’t, effort/skill takes a back seat to numbers in this game.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Deya.3796

Deya.3796

Another quick update

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Coral from TC here,

While I am a little let down that things won’t be a close race this match up, I do look forward to sharpening our skills against a vastly stronger World. Being out-numbered and out spent can be a little daunting, but it just prompts better ideas to overcome the deficit of power.

This match has me looking for solid commanders and finding the people that really know how to work together (or at least, work with me! I am a huge pain in the KITTEN after all!) If it was an easy win I can’t say I would be looking for new ways to stay competitive.

When I have people’s attention, I will be directing TC troops to hit Blackgate forces 80% of the time. I am sure TC doesn’t want to make this a “stomp on Fort Aspenwood” match, that isn’t fun for -ANYONE-, BG, TC and esspecially, FA.

See you in the Borderlands and long live the Coast!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Steadfast.5827

Steadfast.5827

If you think we (BG) are having free and easy wins then you are sadly mistaken. Also, you are pretty much insulting all the efforts of the people on your server. If the reason you do WvW for is simply to win, then you should probably transfer to the #1 server to begin with. TC and FA has been putting up fights and making us work to keep what we have, in fact TC just managed to get a foothold on their own map and take their garrison back from us. I really hope people like you that simply want to win don’t queue in TC so then maybe those that are dedicated will come and fight us.

I’m not insulting anyone, just pointing out that no matter how good you are at WvW Population ratio will always win. And if you think population has nothing to do with it, your naive.

I think the PVP’ers on TC are among the best, and in-fact if we had the PVP population that other servers enjoy, I have no doubt we would be in the top two tiers. But as I pointed out we don’t have the numbers and it doesn’t matter how pro our players are, a ratio of 5-1 will always win. WvW all boils down to numbers, you either have them or you don’t, effort/skill takes a back seat to numbers in this game.

And we here on BG congratulate you on that to be sure! The thing is we are enjoying how scrappy FA and TC are. You guys are doing really well despite our overall coverage.

As well I am one of the members who welcomes the new guilds who come in. We have never once sought our transfer’s from servers we are currently playing. We will not try to recruit any guilds from FA or TC, and any instance where that has occurred has been the guild in question coming to us asking if we would accept them.

Lastly, BG doesn’t have queue’s on every map, contrary to popular belief, at this exact time we only have a queue in EB. We don’t want anyone to give up the fight, you are doing amazing!

Vincent Seyani – 80 Necromancer [HB] Beastgate
Torgrin Direwolf – 80 Warrior [HB] Beastgate

in WvW

Posted by: vietNOM.2109

vietNOM.2109

And we here on BG congratulate you on that to be sure! The thing is we are enjoying how scrappy FA and TC are. You guys are doing really well despite our overall coverage.

As well I am one of the members who welcomes the new guilds who come in. We have never once sought our transfer’s from servers we are currently playing. We will not try to recruit any guilds from FA or TC, and any instance where that has occurred has been the guild in question coming to us asking if we would accept them.

Lastly, BG doesn’t have queue’s on every map, contrary to popular belief, at this exact time we only have a queue in EB. We don’t want anyone to give up the fight, you are doing amazing!

BG has queues on every map as of this writing….i have been in them for 30 mins at least.

in WvW

pot.6805

Well it is 6PM EST on a Saturday. I’d sure hope our zones would all have a queue by now.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: dakotahkid.2685

dakotahkid.2685

I feel like the same thing is happening on Blackgate this week that happened last week on our IoJ/SBI matchup. people from blackgate left to one or the other because they were winning. And on the same token people are coming to BG because we are winning.

And I just wanted to say to all of you who were fighting to re-take pangloss when we took it yesterday evening. That was a blast. We held our own but you all got us eventually.

~Dakotahkid KnT

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

in WvW

Posted by: Vargas.9254

Vargas.9254

yea i wont be playing this week either in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

7:30 est saturday

ft aspenwood no queues for ebg or any borderlands.

yesterday at this time it was about a 2 hr queue.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaibhan.4216

Kaibhan.4216

I may be a nobody but I was on BG since about 2 min after the head start opened and it’s time to go. WvW is no fun when it’s like this. Wonder how NS is doing these days.

in WvW

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

At this point it hurts BG more for TC and FA to just stay out of WvWvW. No events from attackers hitting towers or camps, and a large influx of mats from Gatherer dropping the market on things like orachalcum. =P

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

At this point it hurts BG more for TC and FA to just stay out of WvWvW. No events from attackers hitting towers or camps, and a large influx of mats from Gatherer dropping the market on things like orachalcum. =P

Well the market is shared between servers so I doubt BG dominating is having too large an effect on that, but when the match is this one sided neither side has fun. Can’t wait till the end of the week so we can have a balanced match again.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Kerri Knight.3168

Score update from 9:15pm EST

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Alumisoul.9072

Alumisoul.9072

Just wanted to add something about our (BG) queue times. I have rarely had to wait on any of the borderlands, and if I do it’s only for 10-20 minutes. I usually only have to wait to get into EBG. We aren’t as jammed packed as you might think.

Deadi – LVL 80 Guardian
Blackgate – Team Nemesis [nem]

in WvW

Nevron.9413

Just wanted to add something about our (BG) queue times. I have rarely had to wait on any of the borderlands, and if I do it’s only for 10-20 minutes. I usually only have to wait to get into EBG. We aren’t as jammed packed as you might think.

We had a similar effect on HoD closer to launch when a match outcome was all but determined within the first couple of days. WvW queues would drop off as people were less obligated to partake, especially when a majority of the map is already owned.

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Aspenwood stopped trying today and pretty much left it to TC and BG to fight it out. It was hilarious.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

Yeah we (BG) are massively jammed, waited over 4 hours last night to get a borderland, and now just passed the 3 1/2hr mark, I appreciate the fact that many guilds came over here to help us out but this is rediculous, been here at BG since launch, been part of the many ups and downs the server has seen so far and now many of us who love and have played wvwvw every night can’t even participate.

in WvW

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

TC, great grind tonight in Fort Aspenwood BL. Was a hell of a day there… very, um, brutal

But we rallied up and held there. Great job, and another testament to TC having enough pride in our server to push WvW, no matter the odds stacked against us… and BG, you’re some tough odds Good times in FA BL. Thanks all.

Fel

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Yeah we (BG) are massively jammed, waited over 4 hours last night to get a borderland, and now just passed the 3 1/2hr mark, I appreciate the fact that many guilds came over here to help us out but this is rediculous, been here at BG since launch, been part of the many ups and downs the server has seen so far and now many of us who love and have played wvwvw every night can’t even participate.

They didn’t jump to help you. They jumped because you were winning for whatever reason. Free transfers need to be limited to once every 2 weeks. It will help solve a lot of the issue. If you want to transfer sooner, pay for it

in WvW

Posted by: cytokineA.1982

cytokineA.1982

Aspenwood stopped trying today and pretty much left it to TC and BG to fight it out. It was hilarious.

Nah, they transferred to BG.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

Ha, I’m willing to bet Blackgate has never had to fight that hard for a supply camp before!

So what if we’re outnumbered and you can out-spend us? We are Tarnished Coast! For the Toast!

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Tarnished Coast is teh best. We will bloody the noses of all who think our RP server is weak.

in WvW

Posted by: Szin.3714

Szin.3714

Boredom awaits Blackgate for quite a few hours after the epic Spirithom defense.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

Boredom awaits Blackgate for quite a few hours after the epic Spirithom defense.

And now we will take our ball and go home. We will dance naked at them while they try to kill us.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Felidire.2861

Felidire.2861

Nevron.9413

TC was pushing up into FA pretty hard last night while BG was doing the same, so not sure what you were expecting. We understand the dynamic, but when you push up into our territory so heavily while BG does the same, we’re not going to sit there and allow it.

After green had wiped everything red off the EB map, they shifted a lot of their attention back to us. As blue, I can safely say that we routinely hit orgath & pang to keep the pressure outside our third of the map.

I was in there for 14 hours yesterday, and when green started pushing us hard, red retook most of their towers and then pushed down, taking Umber, Durios and Brav. When we managed to stabalize, we made a push in two directions; hyleks/Gol, and multiple failed attempts on Klovan; as well as a push north, where we took pang/OWC, and then we snuck into FA Overlook and wiped everything, after allowing green to bash down the doors for us.

I even asked in team chat specifically “if red continued to hit us after taking dur/brav.” Our guys said “yes.” That’s partly why we pushed north.

in WvW

Posted by: ZahnwehZombie.3690

ZahnwehZombie.3690

I’m a member of TC, I must admit that I hate just how quickly we were crushed in the scores by Blackgate. On the otherhand, this will hopefully make it so that we won’t have to deal with them in the near future. :T Hopefully, we will learn from this and grow in the WvW field as a team.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

With the power of Dancing we just took back our Garrison!

All hail the Golem Overlord!

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

This is how it is really. I mean when we have numbers we’ve not had any real problems defeating even some of the better teams, (and boy some great battles, both won and lost).. but without numbers, it’s a pretty tough fight.. though we have held our own even then.

That said, BG is a very good server and the only way we would have a chance against them is if we had the numbers and we simply do not atm. I love TC ankittenhe loyal sort so won’t be leaving it, but we really need more during oceanic times if we want to stay competitive.