Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

About time we got a decent match up.
Keep it classy, as usual.

10/19: Fort Aspenwood, Tarnished Coast, Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Thank god, GL to FA from TC atleast we won’t have to fight against the mindless zerg machine that was BG.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

GET READY TO BE DESTROYED DB AND FA – RAWR FROM TC

You picked the right user name, that is for sure!

This week is going to be a good matchup! You better watch it Invaders and Defenders, because I am going to bring my best game to WvW this week. I might even make commander O.o

Good luck to you all and may the “odds” be forever in your favor!

:3

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Dracil.8365

Dracil.8365

I’m looking forward to this matchup. And I’ll actually be free to play only this all weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

This should be fun. Sittin’ in queues right now, so I’m guessing I’m not the only person thinking so lol. GL to FA and DB.

in WvW

Posted by: Fell.6532

Fell.6532

I’m interested to see how FA and TC do against each other without BG destroying our faces.

in WvW

Posted by: Jnnab.9016

Jnnab.9016

Deff looking forward to this match up. Cant wait to get in and get the fighting going.

Jnnab The Hunted- Ranger [TV]
Giddge- Elementalist[TV]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This matchup looks a lot better than the last. Looking forward to it.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Off-topic, but shout-out to Cora the Explorer! ^^;

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Off-topic, but shout-out to Cora the Explorer! ^^;

As soon as I am off work, I will be waiting in line with the rest to WvW! I cannot wait! Tonight, all night.

Oh and I have a special plan. That needs testing.

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Still queuing lol. I still need to show you that hiding place. East Coast, West Coast, Tarnished Coast is the best coast!

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Score update. Seems like a well-matched one this time as anticipated. Lots of fun.

Attachments:

(edited by Maniac.5163)

in WvW

Posted by: micah.9704

micah.9704

fa is so annoying sometimes.
been in queue literally since the match reset. 3 hours now.
the last 5 days its been instant pops and outmanned buffs.

if we are losing by monday it will be the same old story.
everytime we start to lose a bit then everyone stops wvw’ng, but if its close or we are slightly ahead its long queue times.

in WvW

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

All of Malum Factum has been in queue for 3 plus hours. 145 points a tick….not gonna fly if we ever get in

in WvW

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

TC folks a bit too disorganized right now, particularly on a couple of the borderlands. Partly is because there are not major guild groups on these maps. Once some of the guilds gets on, I think things will be better

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

Having a blast in this matchup. Also the first time in awhile I’ve seen people on FA maps (we even have queues!). Looking forward to a fun week!

The weird rubber banding and disconnect issues are getting annoying though. Thought it was my connection until others started complaining about it.

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

in WvW

Usagi.4835

Some of us are still in Lion’s Arch and have been stuck in a 3hr+ queue ._. Fun times.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Some of us are still in Lion’s Arch and have been stuck in a 3hr+ queue ._. Fun times.

I am still getting paid. In fact, I helped myself to some pears and some wine.

See you in two hours and maybe in FOUR hours we will be in there kicking kitten!

PS: What is the score?

in WvW

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

score is
FA- 4872 (280)
TC – 4117 (
175)
DB – 3841 (+245)

in WvW

Pimsley.3681

Grrrrrrrr. This sucks seeing my server needing organization and being stuck on the sidelines

Give em hell, TC!

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Grrrrrrrr. This sucks seeing my server needing organization and being stuck on the sidelines

Give em hell, TC!

Right? At least I am drinking on the clock. If we’re down a little tonight we will make it up tomorrow.

As soon as we get in Mo’ they are in trouble!

Scrappy, that’s the ’Coast!

in WvW

Posted by: Phoric.9052

Phoric.9052

so how are the ques?

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Bad enough. None of the servers need transfers blowing this match out either :P

in WvW

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

Just now, it takes about 30+ DB players(everyone cast AOE and basicly covered every piece of the field but still can’t catch him) about 20 mins VS 1 perm-steath thief from FA and took the camp back. And that’s becoz the theif gave up, guess he just feel bored and left. Lots of ppl recorded it.
Hard to believe that this issue has been existing in wvw for so long but ANET just let it go.

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

It’s not perma-stealth, I can do it without the dagger off-hand which a lot of thieves do for constant stealth. It’s a matter of culling.

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

The weird rubber banding and disconnect issues are getting annoying though. Thought it was my connection until others started complaining about it.

Omg I’m glad I’m not the only one who was having issues! Go post in this thread lol.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Network-Lag-Merged/page/11#post481265

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

It’s definitely not a culling issue. I just watched a thief from FA stop a camp capping for 5 minutes. There were only 10 DB players at the camp. They really need to stop the cheaters.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Maniac.5163

It is a culling issue. People have been complaining about it for weeks now. It doesn’t really matter how many players are in your vicinity. It can even happen 1v1. Here’s a tip – try stacking on top of each other and spamming aoe. He has to hit cloak and dagger on someone – and it has to be in melee range. Pretty simple – we have people do this to us all the time on FA but we just stack up and AOE. It always helps to learn the mechanics of the other professions if you are struggling.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitono.9152

Kitono.9152

Nighthound – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Vanity.2506

Vanity.2506

It’s been a good fight so far. Just really unfortunate the amount of people stuck in the queue for so long.

Vanity Lionheart
That which yields is not always weak.

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

Culling is what happens when the engine can’t render the amount of vertices in the scene. It’s a familiar thing in game programming. That’s not the issue here. Nothing else in the scene is getting culled. It doesn’t happen in PVE and sPVP. I don’t know why people are saying its a culling issue. There have to be other developers here that know it’s nonsense.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

It’s been an interesting night on Fort Aspenwood Borderlands.

It started pretty well – both TC and DA grabbed our respective keeps, and largely left each other alone as we raced north for the Orb. TC did two good orb rushes – first time we cleared the siege but was unable to handle the returning FA zerg. The second time we got mowed down by rebuilt siege (not a good rush). The third time we built a treb in the corner along with a couple of ballistas, and was able to clear FA’s siege again, but was again unable to deal with FA’s returning zerg.

For some reason we only had ~20-25 people going for the orb, with the other, presumably ~140, doing who knows what. It probably didn’t help that the commander decided to hit SG every time and thus broadcasting our presence.

However, the fourth time the castle stayed up we grabbed the orb, but wasn’t unable to get far before getting overrun by FA, who then brought the orb to their garrison. Fixated on the orb, we decided to take the garrison. We easily stormed through the water gate with 3 golems and built a ballista outside the inner gate. As the inner gate fell, we rush inside and destroyed the alter, but was ultimately unable to take the keep as FA streamed in.

With the orb rest, we did one more failed orb push before the commander decided to attack DB instead. Up until now the point totals fluctuated, but usually with TC between 230 and 270 per turn. Now, TC and DB have been leaving each other alone all night…but the commander decided to attack DB anyway. We grabbed a supply depot and laid half-hearted siege to DB’s tower – with only one ram down. DB rallied from their battles up north with FA and pushed us away when the gate hit 50%.

Then came the beatdown.

DB began attacking our tower from the west, while FA, with DB’s threat gone, brought their entire zerg to Stargrove and built 3 trebs to pressure our keep. TC actually went north and destroyed the trebs once, but could not muster enough forces to destroy the second set of 2 trebs that were built as soon as we had to go south to fend off DB.

With DB laying siege to our tower with cats from the west, and FA bearing down on our keep from the north, our forces were stretched very thin – especially when we had to send parties to retain supply depots. After about 40 minutes, both the tower and keep fell within seconds of each other.

The commander lost control over the TC zerg at around this time since his earlier decision to attack DB had backfired so dramatically. He tried to rally the zerg, but was only able to get a limited number of people to follow him north to harass FA and DB. The rest of our forces settled down to take back our tower from DB. The problem is since our respawning forces constantly streamed to the tower, DB’s zerg saw no reason to leave, while a part of FA’s zerg took the adjacent supply depot.

It’s hard to lay siege to a tower with no supplies.

During this period our points per turn dropped to 145-170 or so.

It took another 40 minutes of back and forth supply capping before we were finally able to push DB out of our tower. Retaking the keep took far more effort, but we were able retake our keep and cleared out any remaining siege left at Stargrove.

The last hour before I logged had TC and DB both focusing on FA again, but neither side got anywhere. Right as I logged a second commander who logged on later decided to attack DB for the second time today…I wonder if he’ll get the same result as we did previously. The points per turn for DB, FA, and TC were within 20 points of each other when I logged for the night.

I guess we’ll find out which server has better night coverage in the morning~

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

(edited by Mysticforce.5096)

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Regardless, it seems to be a pretty well matched…match. That’s gooood!

in WvW

Posted by: Phuriok.9307

Phuriok.9307

Was a hell of a fight in DB borderlands tonight. Seriously I’m exhausted and have a headache lol. TC and FA just wouldnt let up. Nice job on both your guys’ parts.

~ Phuriok
Commander, Guild Leader of [Epic] Muffins
DragonBrand for life

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

So, I went ahead and hung out at the Red supply camp so I could fraps what this looks like from the non-thief side. I purposefully hung out at the edges so you could use me to restealth. On your side it looks like you are coming in and out of stealth. From my side you were permastealth for minutes at a time even as you ran around cloak and daggering myself and other people.

Yes, it can be countered by stacking up and pulling you into AOE, but it’s still flat out ridiculous. I know you aren’t hacking, but this is only possible due to bad game mechanics and bad coding.

I’ll post fraps of this tomorrow so you and Arenanet can see how broken this is.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

micah.9704

getting slammed in FA bl right now. TC and DB both hitting us from everywhere

in WvW

Posted by: Willywho.9460

Willywho.9460

Can I get a score update please?

I Decoy I
Blackgate Original

in WvW

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

11:45 server time and FA is outmanned on TC borderlands. I think DB actually hit outmanned first but they seemed to recover some numbers. Sometimes I wonder if FA can actually beat anyone during offpeak, I think we may have won a couple nights/mornings during our first matchup but I think that may have had more to do with the folding of the other sides.

Anyway, scores from a little bit back, FA was at 300 for a little bit but we capitulated fast on TC borderlands once we went to outmanned.

Anyway it was fun fighting with even numbers again, hopefully FA can manage to at least compete in 1 or 2 maps for the entire night/morning. Maybe one day we can look forward to the little red icon not deciding the outcome of every match.

Attachments:

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Score updated as requested.
Getting sandwiched between both teams in FA borderlands – really, really fun though.
No commanders left so it’s a bit of an unorganized rabble.

Attachments:

in WvW

Pimsley.3681

We finally got into FA and started mowing the map up. Tons of fun tonight. kitten queue sucked, but the night is ending well.

in WvW

micah.9704

tc and db both hitting multiple different garrison gates (fa bl) at the same time. its been pretty hectic trying to stay on top of everything. tired now, must sleep.

in WvW

Posted by: Whargoul.9613

Whargoul.9613

Been playing in EB since it reset and man it been some great battles. FA almost lost it at the beginning but we took our towers back.. Lot’s of fun!

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

Most fun night of Eternal Battlegrounds yet.

Was awesome!

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Pimsley.3681

Definitely a fun night. Screen shot inc with score before bed.

(edited by Pimsley.3681)

in WvW

Pimsley.3681

Huge comeback, TC!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: robert namo.7243

robert namo.7243

is there a new trait that allows you to go invisible everytime you heartseeker somebody?
cause someone from tarnished coast tagged to MOON, Serenity of the Night was able to go invis every time he did a heart seeker. If anyone from ANET is reading this please dont pretend you dont have a hacking problem. We need a better way of reporting these guys, All I could do was report him for botting, scamming.

in WvW

Posted by: kanikani.2430

kanikani.2430

Pretty disappointed with TC tonight, we were defending the orb as we speak and somehow a theif magically appeared at the top of our keep and destroyed all the seige defending it. You guys stooping to cheating now?

And Anet thanks for the new glitch when trying to exit the spawn point from the front.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Getting stomped everywhere now, sort of grasping at straws trying to keep whatever we can, as we have outmanned and insta queues in every map – FA has never really had an overnight presence at all. TC is either staying up reaaaaally late – or they have a much stronger “night” force than what showed up last match up, haha. Props to TC for the persistent battles, and to the small numbers of NA guys staying up to fight for FA – been great fun.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

Pimsley.3681

Huge comeback, TC!

By huge comeback you mean having more numbers than anyone else during the early hours of the morning for most americans. It is sad after 8+ hours of great fights over all 4 maps and only 1000 points splitting FA and TC after that it all comes down to who has the most offpeak players. I think FA players already knew it was going to happen, we have playing DB and TC over the last few weeks and both had stronger offpeak than us.

I get that not many players like it and it affects every server, but if you really want to see how bad it is than come to FA, it is very sapping to have one of the strongest primetime teams in the mid tier but the weakest offpeak, FA will only last so long if this keeps up.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Its the weekend. Come home, take a nap till 8pm, wake up, goto store and buy beer, log on, play till 4am.