11/30 - BG vs SoR vs IoJ - Version 2.0

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

where’d everybody go? was it something i said??

in WvW

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

It’s just a board bug. If you manually change the url portion where it says page/2 to page/1 you’ll see everything again.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Giving my Necro’s new bunker spec a run tonight (Oceanic). Watch out for me :p i’ll be the guy going head first into packs (even though i already do that in berserker gear :p)

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Obed.7629

score update. looks like this week is over but for fun

At least there is that! The zany thing about this match-up is that whatever the scores, whatever the current population split and time of day, there is fun to be had fighting BG and IoJ.

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Blackgate is doing an amazing job! Keep it up guys!!!

Attachments:

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Dear IoJ, Please attack BG in EB.

Love: Thundar.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

It is easier said then done to attack us in EBG. We have more around the clock coverage then you so our stuff is better upgraded. That makes SoR the easier target in EBG if you are IoJ. So I can’t blame them.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

Yeah, the coverage gaps are so obvious in this matchup.

We need a shakeup to make it more interesting. Some large force or group of forces needs to tip the balance with any of the 3 servers so this matchup gets put to bed.

Not that it’s not a lot of fun, but changing it up every now and then is a good time too.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

I don’t see any scenarios where there will be massive ratings swings anymore unless whole servers take a week break in wvw or something. The upper tiers have basically evened out. Population has dropped for WvW across the board so that is less to recruit from and I don’t see any guilds really changing servers that haven’t already done so.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Eventually IoJ will drop to Tier 3 and Tarnished Coast will move up. IoJ would decimate Tier 3, probably scoring enough to jump SoR. Blackgate would also score a ton in that week since TC would pack it in after day 1.

I think we’d go from BG SoR IoJ -> BG SoR TC -> JQ IoJ SoR in 3 weeks.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

IoJ and SoR got a lot early Oceanic time 19-22pm GMT+7 but drop significantly afterward. We used to have to go hold position during those time, and rally a bigger force to take the entire EB after 22pm GMT+7 everyday. Now it’s become overlook capture daily event :P

Not like IoJ aint put up a fight in overlook, but it’s not enough to withstand our treb from SM Good fun everyday. To be honest it’s much harder than assault Valley of SoR. In fact,we dont even have much ppl, it’s just our guild leading the charge like10-15man with some other smaller guilds joining the zerg.

Sad thing is that we have quite a strong EU, so after BG oceanic retake the whole EB, EU BG has easy time with all those keep to fend off IoJ/SoR who has no ground.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in WvW

Indo.8629

BTW, whatever server sent us the preacher troll into our TS after we wiped BG out of IoJ BL.

Two thumbs up.

You have to work on your delivery though.

80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

@Tajz.9826

Yes we have a few, but the amount hasn’t really changed since SoR/BG/IoJ started facing off in matches.
SoR tactics have changed, and we can normally predict what will happen during those times, due to the same enemy guilds using the same tactics each time. The thing that nails us is lack of time zone coverage on SoR, and the fact we have to consolidate to 1-2 maps in total during EU/Oceanic Prime times so we don’t lose everything on all maps. Even then some days it is hard to hold what we have, and others not as much.

I really think it depends on who wakes up before work/stays on late/ ect…
SoR has yet to get a lot of oceanic/EU/Aussie coverage. :x

SoR is trying to get the coverage, so a lot of us can sleep normal hours, and we can put up a better fight.
I think Alpaca Owl gets like 3hours of sleep, Indo says a lot of us are robots, Miasmic is a zombie, ect…
A lot of SoR who wvw’s on a normal basis I think get 3-4 hours of sleep a night right now…(And that’s not much of a joke, because I see people when I wake, till I sleep, and we kinda can time each other.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

in WvW

Indo.8629

I think most of SoR are straight up WvW addicts.

80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

BTW, whatever server sent us the preacher troll into our TS after we wiped BG out of IoJ BL.

Two thumbs up.

You have to work on your delivery though.

Enjoyed this guy immensely, though he could of worked on his passion it was a bit lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

Why does everyone get to be robots and I’m labeled as a zombie? :-/

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Why does everyone get to be robots and I’m labeled as a zombie? :-/

Because we’ve decided you are the living dead. :P

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

To all you SOR out their that may think about Alt-f4’ing, stop it. The fact that you died when you outnumbered your opponents 3 to 1 is shameful enough.

Take your repair bill like a man.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: xtraordinary.5704

xtraordinary.5704

@Tajz.9826
SoR is trying to get the coverage, so a lot of us can sleep normal hours, and we can put up a better fight.
I think Alpaca Owl gets like 3hours of sleep, Indo says a lot of us are robots, Miasmic is a zombie, ect…
A lot of SoR who wvw’s on a normal basis I think get 3-4 hours of sleep a night right now…(And that’s not much of a joke, because I see people when I wake, till I sleep, and we kinda can time each other.)

Jeez, don’t put too much into a bit imbalanced wvwvw. We have many weeks before the Feb patch Anet promised. I just hope our dedicated WvWers don’t burn themselves out completely.

Florescence / Norn mesmer from IoJ

in WvW

Mishi.7058

@Tajz.9826

Jeez, don’t put too much into a bit imbalanced wvwvw. We have many weeks before the Feb patch Anet promised. I just hope our dedicated WvWers don’t burn themselves out completely.

Indo posted it best, we are addicts of WvW.

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

We need a shakeup to make it more interesting. Some large force or group of forces needs to tip the balance with any of the 3 servers so this matchup gets put to bed.

Not that it’s not a lot of fun, but changing it up every now and then is a good time too.

I have also seen big guilds from IoJ and SoR not show for days, so it is quite obvious some of you guys are taking days off.. Are you doing fotm or whats going on?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

(edited by Smokee.1754)

in WvW

Obed.7629

Score update, 12:10 GMT

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Just having a little party.

Attachments:

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Mishi.7058

I have also seen big guilds from IoJ and SoR not show for days, so it is quite obvious some of you guys are taking days off.. Are you doing fotm or whats going on?

What big SoR guilds haven’t been on? o.o

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

Posted by: Alpaca.9410

Alpaca.9410

Aaa… so you’re the guardian we dueled earlier at the windmill 8D I was the D/D ele fighting with you earlier, although it ended in a stalemate due to both of us being tanks I really enjoyed the fight we had earlier ^^ Will prolly be calling you for practice sessions if i need to test a build haha…

Commander Alpaca Owl:: Commander Yuno Owl
Sanctum of Rall, [choo] guild, council
Blood sucking Elementalist out to BITE people :d

in WvW

Posted by: Alpaca.9410

Alpaca.9410

It depends on the time of the day which you guys come online, for most of the time when I am on SoR, our army mainly comprise of WvW lovers from various guilds who group up together as a team to defend/ offend daily.

By the way, you guys were really sneaky yesterday hiding behind the lords room at bay after we capped it!! A pity the red words on your head blew the cover away but that was really a !!! moment for us when we were sweeping for mesmers in the keep!

Commander Alpaca Owl:: Commander Yuno Owl
Sanctum of Rall, [choo] guild, council
Blood sucking Elementalist out to BITE people :d

in WvW

Posted by: Forenza.7502

Forenza.7502

dat immortal guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Scores @ 3PM GMT

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Obed.7629

I think most of SoR are straight up WvW addicts.

After weeks of only doing WvWvW (and only sleeping 4 hours a night), I may be recovering. I’ve had a lot of fun farming for drops in the Cursed Shore dynamic events, and I’ve started doing the sPvP dailies in addition to the “regular” dailies.

I still enjoy WvWvW, but it’s no longer the only thing I do.

in WvW

Obed.7629

To all you SOR out their that may think about Alt-f4’ing, stop it. The fact that you died when you outnumbered your opponents 3 to 1 is shameful enough.

Dude, go easy on the sweeping accusations! I’ve never done that and I’ve never seen a teammate do it. I don’t doubt that some folks on SoR did as you say, but there’s no pervasive culture of sleaziness on our server.

We’re probably over-represented in WvWvW enthusiasts, but otherwise I imagine our population is pretty much the same as any other GW2 server.

in WvW

Thundar.3910

Eh, I’ve seen some people on the other servers, IoJ and BG, do it as well. It happens. There are 2 guilds in particular that insist on denying badges from me!

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Thundar.3910

Its getting pretty tiring facing against servers with far more round the clock numbers than your own, been noticing a really large drop off of people willing to put in the money to upgrade things they know we’ll just lose in a few hours due to coverage.

Not bagging on the servers in T2 that have dropped from T1, or get an influx of players mind you, it would just be far more enjoyable if T2 would balance out, coverage wise.

Keep Calm and Conquer

in WvW

Christos de Soufre.3802

Aaa… so you’re the guardian we dueled earlier at the windmill 8D I was the D/D ele fighting with you earlier, although it ended in a stalemate due to both of us being tanks I really enjoyed the fight we had earlier ^^ Will prolly be calling you for practice sessions if i need to test a build haha…

Sure am. I’ve actually been making some changes to my build to help me kill a little faster, hopefully without sacrificing my survival. So far it’s working pretty well…I just need to get used to bursting more efficiently, and I need to consider swapping out my healing sigil for a power sigil. Or something.

And sure thing, hit me up any time you want to try a new build. I don’t get a lot of solid fights lately. :P

dat immortal guardian

:D

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

Epic fight over Hills in SoR BL Last night. If you where BG trying to run back to deffend and found Balista at the other end of the bridge by the Lake tower. Sorry that was us and we held yall there for what seemed like an hour and half. Oh you made some pushes we would go up the switch backs, down across the bridge, treb our balista from the lake tower, and even hit us from the stairs to the south gate so you could get your friends inside to save the keep. One of the best fights I have ever been in, no joke I got like 50-75 badges from that fight alone.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Epic fight over Hills in SoR BL Last night. If you where BG trying to run back to deffend and found Balista at the other end of the bridge by the Lake tower. Sorry that was us and we held yall there for what seemed like an hour and half. Oh you made some pushes we would go up the switch backs, down across the bridge, treb our balista from the lake tower, and even hit us from the stairs to the south gate so you could get your friends inside to save the keep. One of the best fights I have ever been in, no joke I got like 50-75 badges from that fight alone.

Sounds like I missed out… I’m finding it too difficult to balance time between games, (Halo 4, Battlefield 3 Aftermath, Planetside 2 and GW2). I wish I had more time

I keep missing out on the WvW fun.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: joebane.5872

joebane.5872

It was a good tactic, we simply couldnt get people to “go around” you. It was the culmination of a zerg taking the zone early in the day, and very few of us trying to hold onto what we could the rest of the evening, despite being outmanned most of the time.

Well played.

Joebane – Yak’s Bend
Foo Guild – www.fooguild.com

in WvW

Smokee.1754

Had some really good fights vs. LUN yesterday. Its always fun to fight you guys.

Here´s a video one of our ele´s made from fighting you.

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Here is the current score… Getterdone Blackgate!

Attachments:

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Topix.6974

Topix.6974

The Guardian and Elementalist from BG in the guild Rev that were in the ruins near our keep just now…. Dang, that was impressive. Had the “I think I should reroll” attitude.

Mentally On Call – 80 Elementalist
Mentally Disturbed – [MD]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Christos de Soufre.3802

The Guardian and Elementalist from BG in the guild Rev that were in the ruins near our keep just now…. Dang, that was impressive. Had the “I think I should reroll” attitude.

We were hoping you guys liked that. The Elementalist is the GM of REV, Stef.

in WvW

Smokee.1754

Enjoy BG bl SoR – You can have it if you want it

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Here is the current score… Getterdone Blackgate!

Can we call the match done, so everyone can finally get some much needed sleep.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Dude, go easy on the sweeping accusations! I’ve never done that and I’ve never seen a teammate do it. I don’t doubt that some folks on SoR did as you say, but there’s no pervasive culture of sleaziness on our server.

We’re probably over-represented in WvWvW enthusiasts, but otherwise I imagine our population is pretty much the same as any other GW2 server.

If you dont alt f4 this isn’t directed at you. This is directed at the group from a SoR guild that has members that repeatedly alt f4, even when they have the odds in their favor.

I dont doubt their are people on all servers that do this. I’m calling out those that rage quit when their engi gets wrecked.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I just wanted to post this because i’ve noticed it happening a lot more recently, and it deserves a little attention.

Everyone who immediately drops what they are doing to come assist at a tower or keep when I say it’s under attack? You are all awesome.
2 months ago, having 20+ people respond within a few minutes of my cry for help would have been unthinkable, now it’s the norm, and that’s incredible.
Keep fighting the good fight, and lets keep those grubby IoJ and SoR hands off our land ;p

in WvW

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

Quick video of Blackgates lord room defense in Askalion Hills just before the server crash.

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

my cry for help

lol i knew it.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Malvader.7502

Malvader.7502

I don’t how some of the commanders on SoR do it. I swear they must have caffeine drip IV’s. The only problem I see now is there are a bunch on newb commanders I have never seen before running around. Logging into the battleground and seeing 5 or so commander icons on could be confusing to people who don’t normally W3. Probably should cull some of them down.

in WvW

Obed.7629

Even after 1st & 2nd are clinched, there is still fun to be had. This AM (circa 10:00 GMT) I hopped on IoG BL for a bit before work. I won a couple and lost a couple of 1v1 fights, killed a few yaks, and with some buds took a couple of supply camps.

That’s a lot more fun than rolling down the road with a zerg, even much, much more fun than getting run over by a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I have yet to understand why we always focus on IOJ in EB instead of BG. Blackgate has everything max upgraded with full supplies. Yet we try and take over SM while Yaks pour into SM from there side. Also as long as they have Klovan, if we do take SM, they easily get it back from the trebs there.
But no one listens to me. Then we wonder why IOJ hits us instead of BG. And last night they left us alone for the most part and were harassing BG taking Wildrun from them and the supply camp near it.

SoR has a serious lack of coverage in everything outside of NA prime time. Is there any recruitment effort from top SoR guilds to fill those void?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Obed.7629

I have yet to understand why we always focus on IOJ in EB instead of BG. Blackgate has everything max upgraded with full supplies. Yet we try and take over SM while Yaks pour into SM from there side. Also as long as they have Klovan, if we do take SM, they easily get it back from the trebs there. …

I could be wrong, but I think that in Eternal Battleground each side has an even shot at Stonemist Castle.

My two-bit opinion is that if you don’t have SM, you’re just an EB wannabe. I know from experience that trebs in SM can make it impossible to hold Quentin Lake and Durios Gulch.