2/11 [Sea of Sorrows] vs [Sanctum of Rall] vs [Isle of Janthir]

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

this week so far has not been a disappointment, IoJ still fight hard no matter what people are saying here and SoR are pretty much everywhere in force. It took us ages today to get a foothold into both SoR and IoJ territory in EB today, and most the time they kicked us out again shortly after with huge numbers.

looking forward to the next 5-6 days

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Helluva great match up this week, SOR and IOJ are bringing it. Definitely the best fight we at SOS have experienced.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

All I know is the ten hours I play on SoR; I have the outmanned buff almost the entire time.

I still can’t understand why we did not get pushed out of EB this morning…we only had 10 people at one point. Well, time to sleep. SoS and IoJ have been double teaming us in EB for like 8 hours straight now…so tired.

wtb more oceanics

(edited by fixit.7189)

in WvW

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

I think it’s funny that people think we are teaming up to put IOJ down, it’s simply not the case. Last time I checked war is war and anything goes. We are not intentionally DT’ing anyone. Live in your little bubble though. We have had lots of good fights with IOJ so I’m assuming the QQ is from 1 or 2 people and not the whole server as the rest of IOJ has been fighting hard.

Also if your noticing huge presences from specific guilds in specific BL’s its because we sit down ahead of time as a server and delegate where everyone will be fighting so there are no gaps. Every BL will have different guilds covering them.

Anyways we are having blast playing with you all and hope the rest of the week is as exciting as its been thus far.

in WvW

Posted by: Sofaking.2019

Sofaking.2019

IDK, been a good fight. I would seem tactically logical that SOR and IOJ stop fighting and focus on SOS, but then again, this is an internet game.

in WvW

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I think it’s funny that people think we are teaming up to put IOJ down, it’s simply not the case. Last time I checked war is war and anything goes. We are not intentionally DT’ing anyone. Live in your little bubble though. We have had lots of good fights with IOJ so I’m assuming the QQ is from 1 or 2 people and not the whole server as the rest of IOJ has been fighting hard.

Of course, the great majority of people in IoJ understands that. I understand where the double teaming complaints are coming from – it can be frustrating to defend against two zergs in our Borderland at the same time – but that’s the same for everyone in all borderlands.

I have been telling everyone that, most of the time, SoS is a bigger threat than SoR, so we should keep most of our focus on the first. It’s not always the best course of action, though, and more often than not people simply ignore my ramblings :-P

A couple days ago we had a good example of bad moves from both us (IoJ) and SoR:

SoS had a keep, and we had the garrison in our map. SoR attacked the keep, and we went there as well to weaken SoS’s defense. When SoR captured the keep, people had already built a lot of siege close to the keep’s inner gate, so the majority decided to keep attacking it. As more and more people from IoJ went to attack the keep, and with SoS trying to retake it, SoR tried to take our garrison instead. Everyone from IoJ in the keep moved to garrison, everyone from SoR also moved to garrison, and SoS took back their keep. After a long fight, we drove SoR out of garrison.

End result of all that fighting: SoS had a keep, and we had the garrison in our map >.>

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

Caveat: Many people from SoR will probably pipe up to shout me down or disagree with me, quoting the score and whatnot, but at this time I no longer care. This is my opinion; you can dispute it, but it isn’t inherently wrong.

Not to be defeatist here (I prefer to think of myself as a steely-eyed realist!) but I’m calling it now; we, SoR, have no prayer of winning against SoS, and should drop down a tier or two in order to get our act together.

Part of it is the lack of a serious night time presence (looks like we got our wish and got rid of/lost many of the “fair weather” transfers we had gotten over the previous 2 weeks) but mostly, it’s a serious lack of organization. I sort of chuckle when I see other servers talking about SoR’s organization; I assure you, it’s not really so.

SoR has got to learn the very basic lessons (still!) of when to attack and when NOT to attack, and how to properly defend its holdings. When I see SoS, for example, attacking both Garrison and Ascension Bay (?) simultaneously, as they did last night, and managing to take AB and almost take Garrison, while at the same time fighting near one of our supply camps on the other side of the map…well let’s just say I can already picture the “Go here! No wait, go there and defend that! NO XXX UNDER ATTACK, ALL HERE!” chatter in map chat long before it happens.

Kudos SoS, you are more organized and much mmore practiced in WvW. SoR should be trying to learn more from you than just gimmicky tricks to speed cap objectives. Sadly, for now, the lessons are not really sinking in.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

Erasculio.2914

Truth be said, it feels almost all of SoS’s activity in WvW comes from a single guild, and it’s easier to organize a guild than organize a world.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

(edited by Erasculio.2914)

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

It’s a lot easier to be “organized” when you don’t have the outmanned buff.

in WvW

Erasculio.2914

That, too, is easier to deal with in a big guild. It’s one thing to be alone and consider whether it’s better to enter WvW, knowing you are losing and so it’s likely there are not going to be many other players to help you; and another to know your entire guild is about to enter WvW, so if you go there you know you will have at least some degree of success.

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Caveat: Many people from SoR will probably pipe up to shout me down or disagree with me, quoting the score and whatnot, but at this time I no longer care. This is my opinion; you can dispute it, but it isn’t inherently wrong.

Not to be defeatist here (I prefer to think of myself as a steely-eyed realist!) but I’m calling it now; we, SoR, have no prayer of winning against SoS, and should drop down a tier or two in order to get our act together.

Part of it is the lack of a serious night time presence (looks like we got our wish and got rid of/lost many of the “fair weather” transfers we had gotten over the previous 2 weeks) but mostly, it’s a serious lack of organization. I sort of chuckle when I see other servers talking about SoR’s organization; I assure you, it’s not really so.

SoR has got to learn the very basic lessons (still!) of when to attack and when NOT to attack, and how to properly defend its holdings. When I see SoS, for example, attacking both Garrison and Ascension Bay (?) simultaneously, as they did last night, and managing to take AB and almost take Garrison, while at the same time fighting near one of our supply camps on the other side of the map…well let’s just say I can already picture the “Go here! No wait, go there and defend that! NO XXX UNDER ATTACK, ALL HERE!” chatter in map chat long before it happens.

Kudos SoS, you are more organized and much mmore practiced in WvW. SoR should be trying to learn more from you than just gimmicky tricks to speed cap objectives. Sadly, for now, the lessons are not really sinking in.

I was there during that battle. Prior to that, we purposely held AB up until the point ticks and let you recapture it because we know you will send all forces to recapture while we treb dawn’s. Later, we have 2 forces simultaneously attack AB keep and SoR garrison to force you to make a decision. To sacrifice AB or lose a fully upgraded garrison.

Edit: We held it for several ticks until IoJ decided to show up and stop our reinforcements coming from the SE.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

I am happy to have another good battle this week. And not a blowout like last week. I think if we (SoR) had a fuller night crew this battle would be neck in neck right now and that’s something we will need to work on if we want to continue to climb higher. I however am not going to give up. I think these battles we have been having have been epic (I am speaking of the 2 hour battle last night at garrison as an example) I also think that that is what WvW should feel like and its nice to have that feeling going on. But last time SoR and SoS fought it out it was a good battle to the end and I hope/expect this to be the same. Ill see you in there gents. SALUTE

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

Really fun matchup so far.

SoR and IoJ have to do something to keep their moral up, going into the week.

If you recall both SoR and IoJ made good pushes late into the week of their respective matchups. But lost out because these weeks basically came down to a 1v1. Now that their both in the same match against SoS theres no telling what can happen once the weekends over.

Server moral plays a huge part in this game. A few weeks ago on SoS there was mass chaos and finger pointing going on mostly due to transfers and everyone wanting to do their own thing. Moral was low and we were getting stomped. But eventually everyone started working together and it really showed. Now even the pugs are motivated and attentive. I dont even think of them as pugs but more as small mercenary groups now.

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

SoS and SoR are having an incredibly difficult time taking ground against each other. We spent all night making whatever minor point gains we could. IoJ is definitely still putting up a fight, but in the grand scheme they are a weaker and less organized opponent.

Unfortunately, I believe this match will be decided not by any conflict between SoS and SoR, but rather by which side can leech the most points out of IoJ.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

I have to say… after spending over 12 hours straight in SoR BL map, thank you all for the overnight combat! As a Commander, you really had me working through all my tactics to both hold and push our ground in SoR Map. Finally got AB and Redbriar tower back and making pushes on south when we started losing numbers to sleep. (pesky thing that).

Here’s to a weeklong enjoyable match!
Commander Miasmic Spiritsong

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: SonofPloppy.3418

SonofPloppy.3418

Anyone got a score update? Cheers

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

Those of us on Sanctum of Rall are having a lot of fun in this matchup. It’s quite refreshing after what seemed like a long lull in WvW action.

We must have killed at least 30 golems from SoS today on the ‘Sanctum of Rall Borderlands’ map. You guys just keep coming, haha! xD

Here’s the video of us wiping Pure White’s golem army. I like to scout Woodhaven to catch attempts like this early.

Attachments:

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Pure white certainly like their golems, I always see them with heaps of them. Its like PW are the rich guys in SoS and have all the toys, mix that with maybe the tactics of PRX then those golems wouldn’t be wasted so much.

But tbh everytime I see PW in golems they seem to been having a lot of fun.

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

Its Oceanic monday here, and its NA sunday there, now, all we can do is praying to PRX.

current score:
SOS 71884 350
SOR 56626 215
IOJ 45758 130

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Updated scores as at 01:30gmt

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Those of us on Sanctum of Rall are having a lot of fun in this matchup. It’s quite refreshing after what seemed like a long lull in WvW action.

We must have killed at least 30 golems from SoS today on the ‘Sanctum of Rall Borderlands’ map. You guys just keep coming, haha! xD

Here’s the video of us wiping Pure White’s golem army. I like to scout Woodhaven to catch attempts like this early.

That golem army slaughter was so fun!

I focused on killing [HOT] when we were matched up with DH, now I’m focusing on killing PRX ;]

Also, ninja’ing RedBriar was fun too.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

Dear SoS at SM,

Portal lag bombs are not fun and make players fight rendering rather than other players. Please stop abusing them as your “defense.”

Sincerely,
New Owners of Stonemist

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Dear SoS at SM,

Portal lag bombs are not fun and make players fight rendering rather than other players. Please stop abusing them as your “defense.”

Sincerely,
New Owners of Stonemist

Portal bombs are a valid ‘defense’, server lag is not our fault. Regardless of whether there was server lag or not, it would still be a valid tactic – the advantage given due to server culling in incidental. Instead of trolling, try rewording (or even thinking about) what you are saying.

Perhaps I should accuse you of abusing WvW by logging in (and therefore causing server culling when I run across you with large number of other people about)???

Congrats on taking SM btw

in WvW

Posted by: LemonCoffee.5297

LemonCoffee.5297

People have to stop treating one group or person in one incident in one server like they are the entire server.

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Dear SoS at SM,

Sincerely,
New Owners of Stonemist

The New Owners of Stonemist? Are you SoS?

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

And here SOR was warning the T1 servers to watch out. Got to make it through t2 boys lol. We might face off again next week less beastgeate gets smashed and that look like it might happen.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

The weekend is almost over. Now it’s time for the real test for all 3 servers.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

And here SOR was warning the T1 servers to watch out. Got to make it through t2 boys lol. We might face off again next week less beastgeate gets smashed and that look like it might happen.

lol

You know I had 3 people send me hate mail in game because of that one comment.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

SoR won’t be ready for T1 until we get stronger Late Night coverage. When I usually play between 12am-8am Eastern our presence is very limited. This time of night is when you see SoS in their shining moment as they have masses running roughshod over us while we have Outmanned “buffs”. That is why they currently have +510 when shortly ago it was +280. We just don’t have the proper numbers in the various timezones to maintain a constant amount of pressure on our opposition. Everyday we have to play catch up and while it’s not impossible to win that way, it is very difficult to say the least.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Its been a great match but its pretty clear that SoS and SoR have a mismatch in oceanic coverage and EU coverage. Typically SoS takes over lots of points oceanic time then loses lots of points during EU times. Still a kittenload of fun during NA primetime.

Overall I just feel bad for IoJ, they are putting up a fight but just dont have the numbers/organization to make it work. Whoever said this fight will be decided by who can leech the most points from IoJ has it totally right, its been hard to take SoR points for any real length of time and I know its been hard for them to keep SoS areas for appreciable time.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

PRX must of really opened up recruitment because I remember them on HoD and they were a 1/3rd as big. It’s almost like the entire SoS team is PRX.

Nah. but back in HoD glory, queues would only allow 20-30 get into any given map.
But now, yeap. 60-90 out of 100 on a map? can do. (sometimes multi-map tactics come into play)

also, seriously PRX is generally on 1 map out of 4. 3 maps PRX is not touching. and 24hours in a day. Of which PRX is also not 90 man strong throughout.

Plenty of credit and kudos to go around.

(edited by Casia.4281)

in WvW

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Hurricane ate my power 8 days ago and still hasn’t given it back.

So please keep the score updates coming!!

PS: Who’d SoR fight last week, and how’d we do?

in WvW

Posted by: Chidawg.6315

Chidawg.6315

Hurricane ate my power 8 days ago and still hasn’t given it back.

So please keep the score updates coming!!

PS: Who’d SoR fight last week, and how’d we do?

That sucks. I hope our East coast friends/foes get power back ASAP and hopefully can return to some kind of normalcy. Can’t wait to see all you folks get back in WvW.

Chibong(lvl 80 necro)/Chidawg(lvl 80 thief)
SoS – The Industry[WORK]

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

@Dand

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/6#NA

Sanctum of Rall 540 119
Tarnished Coast 63 309
Eredon Terrace 15 986

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Quite amusing how SoR is so intent on fighting IoJ isntead of focusing its efforts on fighting SoS. If we don’t get our priorities straight, SoR will never win this matchup.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Good fight so far this week by all. We on SoR are too obsessed with stone mist, lol.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Its a numbers game at this point, SoS has them 24 hours a day. Great fights though, all I care about.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

(Since I cannot edit my post?) Except for the constant portal bombing, Cannot wait until culling issues are resolved, people abusing it far to much.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: Skaag.2954

Skaag.2954

Nice fights and enjoying this match up. From SoR here. Can SoS please help police and watch your guild LEM and another guild (didn’t tag or SS in time, believe another player did and hopefully posting it here soon). They have hackers inside Bay at SoS BL right now. Thief and a Mez under the ground killing siege, player scouts, and portalling in players. Not here to label the server, so please help catch them if can. Thanks.

Iceheart / Skaag [RUN]
Elementalist Corndog General

(edited by Skaag.2954)

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Fighting SoS and SoR is like a never-ending culling nightmare.

They both portal bomb all the time and most of the time you die before even seeing the enemy.

Not that I disagree with the tactics. You should use what is available to win as long as it’s not an outright exploit. Good luck to both, I don’t want to see either server for a long while.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Great fights so far tonight. That SoR portal into bay on IoJ BL really caught us off guard. Really thought we lost if there for a while. Hopefully we get everyone back after the new build is up.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Synora.8974

Synora.8974

Here’s an update on the match score at approximately 1 AM EST.

Attachments:

Synora – Elite Guard of [TSYM] – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

Yeah great fights guys.

SoR just needs some more oceanics so we don’t bottom out overnight and have to start over the next day, but we aren’t doing bad considering.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Bash.7291

No, not flame bait, I’m just confused why SoR was so hell bent on taking that tower from us when they lost hills and almost lost bay doing so.

Wasn’t there. But maybe you can tell me why SoS got rolled on SoR’s border by us last night?

Wait, that’s rhetorical. It’s cause we’re awesome and SoS are nothing without their weekend zerg numbers

Keep up the average work

A) I am on IoJ so… yeah good try with the comeback.
B) That post was from saturday afternoon, it is now tuesday morning, you are a little late.
C) You were taking the tower from the 3rd place team, and lost a keep and almost lost another keep to the first place team in doing so. So yes, kinda confusing.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

(edited by Bash.7291)

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Update of numbers. 8:30am EST.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sofaking.2019

Sofaking.2019

Yeah, after steamrolling SoR everytime we are able to field a force of similar (but usually smaller numbers) I must say SoR is not, and will not be a tier one sever. Last evening, I watched IOJ fight both servers with a smaller force and dominate.

All of the chest pounding is laughable as WvW is 100% a numbers game. Bigger server, better time coverage = the I win button.

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Despite SoS relentlessly increasing their lead, this match has been a heck of a lot of fun.

The millenium site predicts an exact rematch next week: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

in WvW

Bash.7291

If you look, alot of servers really wont be moving this next week. ET and HoD dropping like rocks kinda throws some places off but there actually does seem to be a balance now. Unless some max exodus happens on another server it looks like in two weeks SoS will be moving up to T1 and BG back down to T2. Unless we at IoJ and SoR can find a way to compete.

Also, I Find the fact that we control all of SoS BL while SoS control’s all of our BL rather funny tbh.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Also, I Find the fact that we control all of SoS BL while SoS control’s all of our BL rather funny tbh.

haha, I was laughing at that earlier. It’s almost like your servers wanted to switch borderlands

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Yeah, after steamrolling SoR everytime we are able to field a force of similar (but usually smaller numbers) I must say SoR is not, and will not be a tier one sever. Last evening, I watched IOJ fight both servers with a smaller force and dominate.

All of the chest pounding is laughable as WvW is 100% a numbers game. Bigger server, better time coverage = the I win button.

Does anyone else see a contradiction in this post?