3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I get where Noodles is coming from. That’s where structured PvP is valuable as you can set the parameters.

/my opinion

The value of WvW in determining skill among groups is precisely due to the random nature and lack of structure. Your group of 15 roaming the map suddenly encounters 25 enemy. How do you react? What are your tactics? This will truely show the mettle of a commander. Warhammer was really good at providing these opportunities. If ANet can fix the performance issues, the potential is there for this game as well.

When I first started playing the reason I enjoyed tagging along with [TW] was exactly because the game worked properly and Indo was that kind of commander.

When [HeL] joined SoR the same applied. I don’t even remember the commander their first night in but tactically great in small group against larger numbers.

I guess a couple points for the TL:DR crowd. Introduce larger sPvP, and fix culling and lag.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

It’s really to bad people interfear with the GvG, the area between Garrison and Bay seems to be very nice open area. Though even if you had every guild on all servers agree to not interfere with the GvG you could never stop “everyone”

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

20v20 arena would actually be wonderful, especially in an instanced zone. Much less lag or FPS drops, actual scoring system and such.

I do have to applaud EMP for organizing all these GvGs, it’s not necessarily easy work.

As long as it isn’t objective based and more of a guild duel system.

It would be cool to have an actual system for that which affects server score, including things like issuing challenges and such. Where you declining costs you more than losing. Maybe then we can get a fight with EMP

There was a post on Reddit earlier which suggested Black citadel arena. Considering how that area is already instanced in the charr storyline, it does seem plausible.

Also, leaderboards.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

It’s really to bad people interfear with the GvG, the area between Garrison and Bay seems to be very nice open area. Though even if you had every guild on all servers agree to not interfere with the GvG you could never stop “everyone”

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf

No, never that area. Yes it’s a nice open field, but it’s an actually strategically important area and many other WvWers, who are actually playing WvW pass through that area.

[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zikory.6871

meh*

No, never that area. Yes it’s a nice open field, but it’s an actually strategically important area and many other WvWers, who are actually playing WvW pass through that area.

That wasn’t the point of what I was saying and I also agree with you.

Zikory – Retired Thief

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

What I find rewarding about hosting GvG is the respects guilds/servers have. Its really crazy to see 3 servers sit down and watch a fight with full cooperation “when the point score permits”. The biggest spectator arena had over 90+ people. SoR/Bg/Jq side by side. However, since the culling has been so bad recently, we’ve made most issued fights more private and drawn towards live stream spectating to decrease this effect.

Also, Reason why you don’t wana GvG across major keeps because it provokes PPT confrontation. If you were to come on the map and see random cross marks in the corner of the map, ill be more obvious that the fight is intentionaly structured.

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

(edited by Rawnoodles.1398)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

An area that I think would be sweet for GvG is the North supply camp. Unfortunately it would never work because of the NPC’s and it being important to the map but it would make for a great “Arena”.

You’d have lots of open space, tight choke points you could lure your enemy into. Things to use to LoS etc…

If it could ever be arranged during a time when PPT isn’t important to the outcome of the matchup you could actually have the 3rd server claim it and then wipe it so no NPC’s for the start but they would be spawning in.

So if you have an SoR and JQ guild fighting have BG claim it. Wipe it out so circle is up. Both sides start on opposite sides of the circle and first to claim wins.

I’ve had so many awesome fights over that supply camp and that is with the enemy being able to trickle in it would be sweet to set it up artificially without the ability to spawn and run back.

Edit:
If ANet every does sPvP 25v25 they will probably make it objective based. So it becomes a matter of splitting forces up and sending 5 to one spot to hold it, 5 somewhere else, etc… That would bore the help out of me. I’d rather it be 25v25 fight to the death style Arena.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Orikx.9671)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Asian timezone update

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zikory.6871

What I find rewarding about hosting GvG is the respects guilds/servers have. Its really crazy to see 3 servers sit down and watch a fight with full cooperation “when the point score permits”. The biggest spectator arena had over 90+ people. SoR/Bg/Jq side by side. However, since the culling has been so bad recently, we’ve made most issued fights more private and drawn towards live stream spectating to decrease this effect.

Also, Reason why you don’t wana GvG across major keeps because it provokes PPT confrontation. If you were to come on the map and see random cross marks in the corner of the map, ill be more obvious that the fight is intentionaly structured.

I’m sorry, I don’t think I explained my thought correctly. It was more of a “this area would be cool” rather then a you guys should use this area. Its sad that below the southern camp is really the only practical place for GvG. It really limits the terrain and variety.

Zikory – Retired Thief

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: WoDan.4079

WoDan.4079

The EBJP would be a good spot for GVG. There’s plenty of areas where spectators could have an elevated vantage point to watch from. And commander tags would not interfere with wvw action.

Dread Rogue / Native Blackgate’ian

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

The EBJP would be a good spot for GVG. There’s plenty of areas where spectators could have an elevated vantage point to watch from. And commander tags would not interfere with wvw action.

Best idea I’ve seen yet for GvG location. Large area, varied terrain, out of the way.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

You forget that any jumping puzzle will have a high amount of traffic making things easily trolled.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Ebjp would be a good place but idk about BG and SoR but JQ has a queue almost 24/7 depending on the timezone.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

You forget that any jumping puzzle will have a high amount of traffic making things easily trolled.

I FORGET NOTHING!!

I am an elephant.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Ebjp would be a good place but idk about BG and SoR but JQ has a queue almost 24/7 depending on the timezone.

Yeah que times are long. Even dead zones near the end of the week , you would be lucky squeezing in 20 guildies.

Cool concept though!

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

EBJP is really high traffic – not a good idea at all.

I’d really like to see a GvG area placed aside and would watch matches. Right now I can contribute to WvWvW via zerg or siege, but in a small numbers or especially 1v1 situation, I really suck. Would love to get better.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Tyaen.5148

EBJP is really high traffic – not a good idea at all.

I’d really like to see a GvG area placed aside and would watch matches. Right now I can contribute to WvWvW via zerg or siege, but in a small numbers or especially 1v1 situation, I really suck. Would love to get better.

I’d be happy to teach you how to solo farm a camp after the patch :-)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Asian timezone update

Holy crap batman…Blackgate IS Beastgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: waha.4921

waha.4921

challenged when they run 90 people around capping objectives with 20-30 people max defending.

20-30 ?

http://youtu.be/zTl4EdWWixQ

how many em in this video?

and FOO have 30-40 ppl not 90+

Waha

Awesome stuff!

Respect to FOO, you guys are awesome.

Out of curiosity , do you have any footage from last night?

i dont know. but I print screen a picture from my computer ….

Attachments:

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zikory.6871

challenged when they run 90 people around capping objectives with 20-30 people max defending.

20-30 ?

Waha

Awesome stuff!

Jokes on you! We still have quaggans!

Zikory – Retired Thief

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty:

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Hey, how did you get a screenshot of BGBL during our T2 matches vs. SoR?

KIDDING!

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

So, since there is pretty much no way any server can catch another before reset …..who wants to GvG tonight? Pretty sure we would be up for any all challengers.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: waha.4921

waha.4921

20-30 ?

Waha

Awesome stuff!

Jokes on you! We still have quaggans!

quaggan say : FOO~~~~~~

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Actually where did Vodka go? I recall him or someone else in Icoa saying that they would fight any guild at any time an will take on all challengers.

Consider yourself challenged.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: wedo.3049

wedo.3049

Hand off my Octopus would gvg but not 20v20 or even 10v10 I think we got 5-6 guys on at anytime so if ppl wanna do a group and not a giant zerg msg me sometime.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Noodles, I hear you were bragging on another forum about being undefeated. Do you want to fight this evening? The score isn’t close.

I thought they lost to VoTF

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

wedo.3049

SOMEONE 5v5 us tonight stop zerg fighting!

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Liquid.9672

I think I remember seeing Noodles saying something along the lines of if you’re going to GvG with less than 15 on each side you may as well just sPvP.

I bet you could get some action with oPP/EA or RIOT on Blackgate, but I’m not sure how active they are this week. We have a lot taking a break in advance of the patch next week.

[KnT] – Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Why don’t you do a 5v5v5?

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

wedo.3049

I don’t enjoy spvp as much as wvw since spvp seems to be point cap and or hold and stupid tank builds in pvp that is only for running points or holding out as long as possible, also wvw is more open dunno what you could run into

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: yosslives.1345

yosslives.1345

Those SoR guys are some classy folks.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Arckane.9761

Arckane.9761

Wooooo Beastgate! It has been a great week folks

Attachments:

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

2nd place = first loser.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Didn’t someone say “this week is the beginning of end for Blackgate” a few days ago? Thanks for the motivation bruh.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zikory.6871

2nd place = first loser.

3rd place = Poor Loser.

Zikory – Retired Thief

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Some BG guilds admitted playing between 24-36 hours last 2 days. If that’s taking it easy, then we’re all doing it wrong.

Respect for pulling it off though.

(edited by Jahn.7019)

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

Some BG guilds admitted playing between 24-36 hours last 2 days. If that’s taking it easy, then we’re all doing it wrong.

Hardly 24 hours, let alone 36.

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

1 commander pulling 12 hours. The exaggeration here is epic.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Hand off my Octopus would gvg but not 20v20 or even 10v10 I think we got 5-6 guys on at anytime so if ppl wanna do a group and not a giant zerg msg me sometime.

I would ask to join your guild but wtf is up with that guild name?

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

This is my keyboard. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My keyboard is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My keyboard, without me, is useless. Without my keyboard, I am useless. I must flame true with my keyboard. I must troll longer than my enemy who is trying to flame me. I must flame him before he trolls me. I will…

My keyboard and I know that what counts in this war is not the skills we use, the strength of our burst damage, or our smoke field combos. We know that it is the forum posts that count. We will post…

My keyboard is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its bindings and its macros. I will keep my keyboard clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…

Before the forum gods, I swear this creed. My keyboard and I are the defenders of my server. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until the tick is my server’s and the march patch is complete!

Sanctum of Rall

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Liquid.9672

So you took this post, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/3-15-JQ-SoR-BG/page/20#post1670982 , which is referring to one commander, and extrapolated guilds admitting to playing 24-36 hours? What? o_0

[KnT] – Blackgate

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sticks.9374

Sticks.9374

1 commander pulling 12 hours. The exaggeration here is epic.

there was a reply to a quote on the nice push you had where it was in fact stated that some guild had been up for the whole day. I went back and found where the original quote was but the reply has since been deleted…hmm

well who cares anyways you guys finishing out the week nicely and you deserve 2nd for the effort GG was a fun week all around guys.

Mallet the Mad
Knight Templars
SoR Mesmer of Madness

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

No, I’m taking it from talking to some of the guild leaders on the opposing side in game.

They know who they are, and instead of downplaying their efforts and insulting it, you guys should be more appreciative.

After all, they are the ones pulling your server right now and they aren’t even native BG.

Show some respect.

I’m giving you guys props for pulling it hard end of the match. Give them the props they deserve too.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

See no one ever wants to pvp with Wedo…. XD

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

You know, if there’s one thing that this week has shown, it’s that EVERY SINGLE T1 server deserves to be here.

SoR: They showed this week that when they really push for points, they can make things a real pain in the rear end for both of the “stacked superservers” they play against. They brought the pain in a big way earlier this week, ticking at 300+ even when their population should have been practically a nonfactor during those time slots. I don’t know what happened, but when SoR said that they were “Playing the PPT game” earlier on, they meant it. I don’t know how people can still make comments about how SoR shouldn’t be in T1 or anything, that’s a load of bull.

BG: Aside from that very first week in T1, BG has been a consistent competitor in T1, and consistency is certainly something that we on JQ can admire. Even if you aren’t pushing to the limit and burning yourselves out, everyone on BG has something to offer PvP wise, and there are a lot of classy guilds on BG that are just straight up fun to fight.

JQ: well, i’m on JQ, so i’ll be a little bit biased, but i think that our record/score speaks for itself. Call it coverage, or whatever you like, but the fact remains that T1 is where JQ is, Has been, and probably will be for a long time.

Anyway, some seriously good fights. my play time has been relatively limited this week, so i’m only on in short little snippets, but there have been some pretty crazy shenanigans going on. Around 9:00 PM Central, JQ was pushing hard to get our garrison back, with trebs from both sides, and just as we were about to push in and hit Garri really hard, SoR ninja’d it right out from under our noses xD.

Well said sir.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

It’s Thursday night on Radio Free JQ; this is Uncle Mance, with music, and the truth until reset!

Lets get started with some words for our brothers and sisters on the front lines: The sauce is trying to make a come back, the sauce is trying to make a come back. Badgers are in the kitchen, Badgers are in the kitchen."

Now you can plaaaaaaaaaaaay in the Quarry some boys and girls, but if you AWAKE the badger… try not to be around when he wakes up? Ya dig? Or you gonna keep getten bit son!

You can build troll rams all day, all WEEK… You can chest thump you’re #1 shinanigans and your bull puckey all WEEK… But until you understand the badger, things ain’t gonna change around HERE!

Now from our lil ol’ sweet honey badgers to you lil tiny trolly types way down there at the bottom, here’s a lil ol’ song from us, we hope you enjoy. KEEP IT DIRTY JADE QUARRY!

http://youtu.be/9Fn2rOHVUzY

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zen.8497

not sure why people are speculating KN is coming to T1 to replace SOR when they stated over and over that they are happy with life in T2 , and besides, SOR is still going strong in T1…….

That is because wishful thinking is one thing, and reality another.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Zen.8497

Asian timezone update

Holy crap batman…Blackgate IS Beastgate

Boast is always a cry of despair, except in the young it is a cry of hope.

3/15 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

See no one ever wants to pvp with Wedo…. XD

You know what, 5v5 actually sounds awesome! I’d be down to do that on the fly whenever!

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com