3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

What used to happen:

No enemies in sight due to culling. Then, just as they were about to come in range, they used Veil and had 8 seconds to roll up unseen. Then the lag of rendering hit. Success!

What happens now:

We see you at range well before you use veil. We see you lay down veil. We move out of the way. You ‘disappear’ for 4 seconds, but we know exactly where you were, are and are going. Failure.

Veil still works, but we can see you before you use veil now. I see you from very far away. Maybe you need to practice using 15 veils in a row so that we can’t see you before you veil again?

I’m fairly certain that all guilds need to adjust to these issues. This isn’t just one guild doing it.

So lets move on to another topic…. <3

Edit:

Score Update Attached for those interested! <3

I didn’t mention a guild… the use of ‘you’ was just a casual phrasing. You all know me. If I want to troll someone, I’ll quote them or name names. This was more an informational summary of the new meta.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

After the pack, wvw becomes pointless zerg v zerg

Zergs will break up again in short order. I just think people were used to not seeing what they were up against and they were more ballsy with their fights. Now that they see the 40 man zerg, they are a little more timid to split off from the main force. Once people realize that you can still wipe that 40 with 20, they will split off again. We just have to get past that first mental barrier.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

^haha. Merc is FoO’s bff

To be honest I would’ve quit GW2 a long time ago if it wasn’t for FoO, they are at least fun to fight in open field and to be honest I’m only really in it for the fights. Admidedly when we’re down on numbers and have low support we do wipe a lot to FoO + DC +PuGs etc, but that is more an indication of numbers over skill. FoO is a very skilled opponent and when we have equal forces I would say that the fights are relatively even (relatively). <3 FoO, keep trucking we just get better and try to be better every night.

you know MERC is BG’s main SEA force?why dont you face FoO?

You mean what we’ve been doing for 4 months now?

Amarathy
[ETA]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

^haha. Merc is FoO’s bff

To be honest I would’ve quit GW2 a long time ago if it wasn’t for FoO, they are at least fun to fight in open field and to be honest I’m only really in it for the fights. Admidedly when we’re down on numbers and have low support we do wipe a lot to FoO + DC +PuGs etc, but that is more an indication of numbers over skill. FoO is a very skilled opponent and when we have equal forces I would say that the fights are relatively even (relatively). <3 FoO, keep trucking we just get better and try to be better every night.

You mean what we’ve been doing for 4 months now?

He didn’t read.

“To be honest I would’ve quit GW2 a long time ago if it wasn’t for FoO, they are at least fun to fight in open field and to be honest I’m only really in it for the fights. Admidedly when we’re down on numbers and have low support we do wipe a lot to FoO + DC +PuGs etc, but that is more an indication of numbers over skill. FoO is a very skilled opponent and when we have equal forces I would say that the fights are relatively even (relatively). <3 FoO, keep trucking we just get better and try to be better every night.”

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

After the pack, wvw becomes pointless zerg v zerg

Zergs will break up again in short order. I just think people were used to not seeing what they were up against and they were more ballsy with their fights. Now that they see the 40 man zerg, they are a little more timid to split off from the main force. Once people realize that you can still wipe that 40 with 20, they will split off again. We just have to get past that first mental barrier.

Have u been to sor bl tonight?
NYS/SYN/SAHP splited into three groups to fight Foo ball
We are fairly successful, but after BG also bring the super zerg to the field
We are just moving loots.
The map is too small for group splitting strategy, strike team is too easy to meet the zerg

And this pack even encourages players to form a larger zerg ball.
I suggest anet to remove all the keep/tower/camp
Just a open field is enough

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

(edited by Tam.3146)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Like a pit of death, that’s what the SoR spawn area looked like on BG BL yesterday when I logged in. I got to pop tag for like 20 minutes for all of that nonsense, it was awesome. I swear there were like 200+ ppl there!

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Tam.3146

Tam.3146

Like a pit of death, that’s what the SoR spawn area looked like on BG BL yesterday when I logged in. I got to pop tag for like 20 minutes for all of that nonsense, it was awesome. I swear there were like 200+ ppl there!

Its awesome if you meet such epic fight once or twice per today
But if ppl keeps doing that all day long. I think there is some problem on the design of system

For Dolyaks Glory
Not Yet Solved[NYS] SOR

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Its awesome if you meet such epic fight once or twice per today
But if ppl keeps doing that all day long. I think there is some problem on the design of system

Actually, back when fights like this REALLY happened, siegeing castles and so on, this is exactly what would happen in real life.

Get as many people together in one spot that you could, and kill the other side that is doing the same. Of course you have raiding parties and smaller fights, but each is less effective without the other (large force and small force).

Any game that encourages people to act similar to how they acted in reality is pretty cool in my book.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

That was allot of fun. It was a pain to get the milita to move and push when we needed them too though. I think allot of them get intimidated by seeing so many name plates they hesitate. And when you hesitate against a larger more organized group your going to loose 90% of the time.

I think soon enough the novelty of these super zergs will die down. All yesterday SoR was just stacked up on a single commander. Partly because it was needed to fight hte other servers zergs but there you have it. Its a vicious cycle where 1 server zergs to counter the other servers zerg that is zerging to stop your zerg. Soon enough people will break off and start back capping towers more and we will split back up to normal.

I think we can all agree what is happening now is not usual play and I hope it dosent last too much longer.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

The main problem a lot of people would see though, is the individualism that the playstyle lacks. There are a lot of teams that can’t field numbers, so they cry because of larger teams than them. There are teams that can field numbers, so they say, well, you should recruit more. Yet, the point of the game is to work as a team or a Medieval army. That’s why you see so many synergies between classes, even look at the implementation of combo fields and blast finishers.

Regardless of what the semantics are behind it, I could probably sum up a lot of arguments people have toward each other on any forums when the WvWvW mechanic truly wasn’t designed for “Guild Wars.” There’s a lot of people striving for recognition of some sort whether it is through successful game play throughout a night, a great defense played, or even winning at a GvG that has no true rules and is in an open field that almost anyone can interrupt. We would probably have a lot of tamer people in any neck of the woods being able to flash screenshots of what their guild has been able to accomplish, rather than to hear, number wars.

In any case, I thoroughly enjoy the game and the many different aspects of game play that there are within it.

Thanks for the good fights from my opponents, and the assistance from my allies,

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

Not sure if this was posted before but this is so much fitting to what wvw is now

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Willywho.9460

Willywho.9460

Not sure if this was posted before but this is so much fitting to what wvw is now

Made me lol…

very sad but very true

I Decoy I
Blackgate Original

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I’m not a big fan of zerging but I have to say I really like the culling fix. If I want to zerg I know where I can find the fights and if I want to run around solo I can usually avoid the zergs. I did get rolled over a few times today but that happens.

(edited by Israel.7056)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Speaking of zergs, how come some are called invaders and some are called assaulters?

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by urzen.7096)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

You get new titles as you rank up. I think assaulter was rank 5 I dunno what 10 is yet.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Now? It’s been that way for some time.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

You get new titles as you rank up. I think assaulter was rank 5 I dunno what 10 is yet.

10 is Raider

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

^haha. Merc is FoO’s bff

Why don’t you stay up late enough to see that they fight FoO every bloody night? Jesus. Lol. And to top it off… they’re Oceanic.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

JQ aka “The Swarm”

Attachments:

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So everyone in T1 enjoying seeing all the zergs in their entirety now?

Bet you missed this zerg.

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

JQ aka “The Swarm”

JQ is now known as “The Borg”

They will assimilate you if you don’t watch out!!!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Some zerg on zerg action for you pervs.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

It’s like playing a whole new game. A toast to the new era!

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

That screenshot is awesome. Two forces colliding as the third faction watches from the battlements of their tower. Epic.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Just running around the map.

Attachments:

Ded gaem

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Synyster.5894

Synyster.5894

Hey guys, i saw a pet rez a mesmer inside Hills on the north outer gatewall is this normal can pets rez players inside?

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: AnTxJeTs.5186

AnTxJeTs.5186

This match is boring.. T2 was much more fun. JQ server is nothing but numbers and are just a PvP bag farm for Blackgate. All those numbers and a ton of camping. This WvW match got old last week. We don’t mind the SoR+Jq vs BG more loot for us.

PS.SoR too scared to ever hit JQ. Smh

^^ Happens daily. I haven’t seen a SoR group run into us (Blackgate) since mid March.

Attachments:

(edited by AnTxJeTs.5186)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

Amazingly fun ongoing siege of hills in SoR BL.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

tried it out last night. was around each and every single map for a little bit and mang, loving this new update so far. only in EBG did i get a bit of skill lag.

was pretty crazy seeing such large numbers on all sides! self server included. O____o haven’t experienced full out ZvZ yet but looking forward to seeing my screen explode with text.

most fun last night though was running a 5-6 man havoc squad. i was definitely more “alert” as i fell most people were running in large zergs.. kept me on edge which was nice.. but i feel with culling gone, it’s even more safe and more effective running havoc squads now since you can spot any zerg 10 miles away. and just hit up all the spots the zerg isn’t at.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ashbringer.8172

Ashbringer.8172

^haha. Merc is FoO’s bff

Why don’t you stay up late enough to see that they fight FoO every bloody night? Jesus. Lol. And to top it off… they’re Oceanic.

I mean “face”? not “chase”?I know they are Oceanic?and they are at GMT+10, FoO at GMT+8. FoO fight them at SOS days, every night FoO on ,we would have to attack 3lvl keep and tower, did you ever fight at asian time zone?? after 3 times wipe, they always switch to other BL, if we wanna fight them ,we have to find where they are.

Loktar Ogar Kosh-guild leader of [ATM]Running Loot Bags-WVW focused
Jade Quarry since beta 3

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Hint MERC veil does not have the desired effect anymore

Veil is still a very useful ability in large fights. It may be terrible for trying to sneak up on opponents in an open field now but I used it to great effect last night.

You just have to find its new niche.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Muaziz.7253

Muaziz.7253

Score update? stuck at work…..

Juggernaut Smith – 80 Norn Guardian

“Forgive me, I do not wish too impose but I am the Ocean”

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

score update for those farming irl gold.

Attachments:

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

thanks, Geko! farming IRL gold huh? i like that. though can’t decide if that makes me feel better or worse yet XDD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Stovokor.9368

Stovokor.9368

No Culling – T1 Megafights

Showcasing large scale battles as everyone eagerly tried to converge on first day of post culling patch. Scenes in this video were chosen to capture depth of field ( friend and foe ) as well as entertaining battle sequences.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

No Culling – T1 Megafights

Showcasing large scale battles as everyone eagerly tried to converge on first day of post culling patch. Scenes in this video were chosen to capture depth of field ( friend and foe ) as well as entertaining battle sequences.

That was impressive!!! (3 !)

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

I cant wait until we get some mortars, my cowatacular trebbing was fun, but killing things with fire is more effective.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

I cant wait until we get some mortars, my cowatacular trebbing was fun, but killing things with fire is more effective.

Dude…no kidding the part where we were all on the walls was hilarious. Once we had your inner west walls down we were trebbing the outter wall so JQ would stop trying to rush us. haha good times until JQ had to be a poor sport and leave.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

My first full night back since the patch. Great job fixing this ANet. No culling and almost no skill lag. You’ve won back a customer.

Great fights on SoR BL in Hills. Here’s some of the fun.

Attachments:

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

I honestly have no idea what to say about what is happening in EBG.

Anet should just open up SOR and JQ’s map chats so you can coordinate a little better.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Geronomo.5317

Geronomo.5317

Great fighting in the Jade’s Quarry borderlands. Had some fun run ins with guilds I’ve never seen before like FP, and then some with EMP. Hope you guys are starting to see the [Gods] tag a bit more out there. That one giant skirmish with the portal bomb at the northern camp was glorious, good job knocking us out of there.

The Seldom Seen, Mesmer- [Gods] (I have a commander tag now!)
Co-leader of the Dead Gods on Blackgate!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: gotricebytch.4812

gotricebytch.4812

Anet should just open up SOR and JQ’s map chats so you can coordinate a little better.

i don’t know. They’ve been doing this in ebg on most days for almost 2 weeks now.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

i don’t know. They’ve been doing this in ebg on most days for almost 2 weeks now.

I think the dynamics of 1v1v1 are amazing for that very reason. It is certainly not that way on the other maps.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

We don’t need such things. We can understand each other feelings just by staring each other <3

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Im Not Braxton.6283

Murderin.8269:

Good luck to everyone, try to keep the whining to a minimum.

+1

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: gotricebytch.4812

gotricebytch.4812

For Jade quarry to facilitate this behaviour i understand more because it gives them the edge. You guys make a strategy to keep BG down, thus heightening your lead. It’s a viable strategy and I completely understand that. I have no problems.

For SOR to be doing this, though, it’s like they are literally just playing only for 2nd place.

Last week and this past weekend SOR camped BG entrance while JQ easily took the keep. I know you guys are saying being double teamed is part of the game, but you guys really should be watching what is going on. I have literally seen a SOR zerg stand inside the BG keep and protecting the front while JQ tried to cap the keep. They did not even fight each other.

You guys say double teaming is part of the game, but man, this has been going on for almost 2 weeks now. Let alone the fact that SOR is hardly in JQ BL.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

JQ and BG also doubled teamed me yesterday
I was capping a BG sentry when the guards from a JQ yak started attacking me as well >:c

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

For Jade quarry to facilitate this behaviour i understand more because it gives them the edge. You guys make a strategy to keep BG down, thus heightening your lead. It’s a viable strategy and I completely understand that. I have no problems.

For SOR to be doing this, though, it’s like they are literally just playing only for 2nd place.

Last week and this past weekend SOR camped BG entrance while JQ easily took the keep. I know you guys are saying being double teamed is part of the game, but you guys really should be watching what is going on. I have literally seen a SOR zerg stand inside the BG keep and protecting the front while JQ tried to cap the keep. They did not even fight each other.

You guys say double teaming is part of the game, but man, this has been going on for almost 2 weeks now. Let alone the fact that SOR is hardly in JQ BL.

go to bed, sleep on your side and pray that you dont have to sit for too long tomorrow.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

Best moment of the night on BGBL:

Having the FEAR, LUN, CDS, TW zerg chase my havoc squad from our spawn tower to the west coast of war machine island before turning back to our spawn tower allowing us to feed off the 4-5 people who the zerg forgot about.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

Dont let it get to you, SOR will back in third where they belong soon.