3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The problem is you’re attributing a larger theme to something that operates on a smaller level. While there is some overall strategerizering towards how each side wants to end in the overall points, there is too much goingi on overall for one map to affect that enough. Instead, the commanders are more likely to focus on mapcentric objectives. For instance, tonight, I can safely say that SoR and JQ were not working together and the circles SoR was running all night can attest to that.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: gotricebytch.4812

gotricebytch.4812

it can take only 1 map to make a difference, even if it may be subtle.

Whether or not it was planned who can say, but it’s pretty clear that the main objective in EB (during oceanic hours) is for SOR to park their entire zerg in bravost with 4 trebs, and JQ pushing langor, thus creating a double teaming. SM is not even touched.

You honestly should be in EB during these hours to witness what really goes on. I will not speak on behalf of the borderlands at all, i can only witness one map. But it is 100% clear since it’s been the same exact thing happening there on much more than 1 occasion.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

JQ and BG also doubled teamed me yesterday
I was capping a BG sentry when the guards from a JQ yak started attacking me as well >:c

If the blue npc and the green npcs both attacked you that is a double team (AI share a team speak, little known fact), if you attacked the blue npc only to be jumped by the green npc that is opportunity done right by the green AI.

Apples and oranges.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

(edited by GekoHayate.2451)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Best moment of the night on BGBL:

Having the FEAR, LUN, CDS, TW zerg chase my havoc squad from our spawn tower to the west coast of war machine island before turning back to our spawn tower allowing us to feed off the 4-5 people who the zerg forgot about.

The tail end of a zerg are not the forgotten players, they are the “ambassadors”.

Needless to say negotiations often fail.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: gotricebytch.4812

gotricebytch.4812

i’m sorry guys i will try to stay positive. I do not mean to vent my anger here. Let’s all have fun guys!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

SFShinigami.2015

i’m sorry guys i will try to stay positive. I do not mean to vent my anger here. Let’s all have fun guys!

go team guild wars 2!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

I have to say we had some fun times last night

Attachments:

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Those Doors must be fighting back pretty good!

Attachments:

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

^haha. Merc is FoO’s bff

To be honest I would’ve quit GW2 a long time ago if it wasn’t for FoO, they are at least fun to fight in open field and to be honest I’m only really in it for the fights. Admidedly when we’re down on numbers and have low support we do wipe a lot to FoO + DC +PuGs etc, but that is more an indication of numbers over skill. FoO is a very skilled opponent and when we have equal forces I would say that the fights are relatively even (relatively). <3 FoO, keep trucking we just get better and try to be better every night.

you know MERC is BG’s main SEA force?why dont you face FoO?

Why don’t you stay up late enough to see that they fight FoO every bloody night? Jesus. Lol. And to top it off… they’re Oceanic.

I mean “face”? not “chase”?I know they are Oceanic?and they are at GMT+10, FoO at GMT+8. FoO fight them at SOS days, every night FoO on ,we would have to attack 3lvl keep and tower, did you ever fight at asian time zone?? after 3 times wipe, they always switch to other BL, if we wanna fight them ,we have to find where they are.

We don’t have the luxury of being able to push 3/4 borderlands every night; If we’re playing for ppt we need to punish neglected keeps and not get caught up in skirmish wars that either end in bruteforcing, golem rushing or parking 70+ people on trebs with an uncouth amount of swirling winds.

Also for reference, our numbers are stretched across both oceanic and SEA with several commanders in both slots, we average only 35 most nights and often are supplemented players from other guilds. However, I had no wish to play ‘who can stay up latest’ with waha every night.

Amarathy
[ETA]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Heavens Brethren.6471

Heavens Brethren.6471

Congrats JQ for maintaining first place by being the lead server in a two server team. I solute you for your individual servers skill in Wv3. Good job manning up to your loss last week by showing such excellent strategy! =) Go “Jade Rall.” Cheer

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Congrats JQ for maintaining first place by being the lead server in a two server team. I solute you for your individual servers skill in Wv3. Good job manning up to your loss last week by showing such excellent strategy! =) Go “Jade Rall.” Cheer

You seem a little mad you do realize that SoR hit us just as much as you guys. Thing is our stuff wasn’t paper when they hit it. We capitalized on your guys dead periods and you guys struggled to do so this is the result.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

Have another box of tissues, on the house. Tell your friends, too, we have a whole bunch more for the next time your eyes start leaking.

Attachments:

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

It’s Thursday morning on Radio Free JQ; this is Uncle Mance, with music, and the truth until reset!

Some words for our brothers and sisters on the front lines: “puff is awake, puff is awake”, everyone loves an angry dragon, everyone loves an angry dragon."

The sun never sets in the quarry my friends. We hope you enjoyed your rest.

This here is a special request from some honey badgers in the BG BL this week. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/80sQqe8h44w

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Geronomo.5317

Geronomo.5317

Honestly, I appreciate any 2v1’ing that happens. It keeps the game interesting, and running into a three-way battle is probably one of the greatest things that could happen. Hell, one time I was waiting for a caravan to leave a camp, with a SoR player on the other side. We stared at each other, both of us obviously nervous as to the other making a move, and then as the caravan came, we both only targeted it, then went opposite directions. It was a nice moment, really.

And to those on my server who’re calling 2v1 everywhere, keep in mind that after my guild took a camp, a guild from SoR who outnumbered us by a few came down the road, looked at us, a few members waved, then they turned and left. This was in the JQ borderlands. So, obviously, both BG and SoR’s objectives were to disrupt JQ and make them afraid to leave the server. Our guilds had no issue with one another, we were both aiming for the same task.

WvW is free reign to do what comes naturally for the job you’re meaning to complete. If that means letting the enemy of your enemy be your friend for just a moment, then yes, you’ll do that to succeed. Welcome to war.

The Seldom Seen, Mesmer- [Gods] (I have a commander tag now!)
Co-leader of the Dead Gods on Blackgate!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

You seem a little mad you do realize that SoR hit us just as much as you guys. Thing is our stuff wasn’t paper when they hit it. We capitalized on your guys dead periods and you guys struggled to do so this is the result.

So Sor is in the water only attacking our people… JQ is on the hill, only attacking our people… yep sure your point is totally proven. Btw, this is directly outside our spawn.

Attachments:

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

G’day! Here’s a score update for you.

Attachments:

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Can someone from JQ please contact me? The precursor transfer we arranged didn’t go through.

Sanctum of Rall

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

No Culling – T1 Megafights

Showcasing large scale battles as everyone eagerly tried to converge on first day of post culling patch. Scenes in this video were chosen to capture depth of field ( friend and foe ) as well as entertaining battle sequences.

Nice video! I like they way it showcases the different styles the servers operate at. SoR /JQ and its mega zerg mentality and BG in much smaller groups. While video from your front line Guardian is very exciting you should have some rear echelon players capture some so we can see the Zerge vs Zerg fight from a more epic perspective. That mini map with the green blob was insane.

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

So Sor is in the water only attacking our people… JQ is on the hill, only attacking our people… yep sure your point is totally proven. Btw, this is directly outside our spawn.

Ah fun stuff. Always enjoy pushing hackgate.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Heavens Brethren.6471

Have another box of tissues, on the house. Tell your friends, too, we have a whole bunch more for the next time your eyes start leaking.

Go “Jade Rall!”

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

How come SoR is always killing me? I thought we had a truce?

I saw the SoR zerg coming and was like “Finally, reenforcements~!” and they killed me! WTF? THEN, they took our tower! It must have been a clerical error because we have a truce going on.

THEN, I hear “SoR 40 + heading to Bay.” Okay, now I’m pretty sure it’s not a paperwork mix up. These guys are really attacking us!

Did someone call off the secret agreement?

Or maybe is that 50 PPT for Balckgate because no one is playing on BG this week?

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I saw the SoR zerg coming and was like “Finally, reenforcements~!” and they killed me! WTF? THEN, they took our tower! It must have been a clerical error because we have a truce going on.

THEN, I hear “SoR 40 + heading to Bay.” Okay, now I’m pretty sure it’s not a paperwork mix up. These guys are really attacking us!

Or maybe is that 50 PPT for Balckgate because no one is playing on BG this week?

I tried to spawn camp BG with JQ on EB, and they killed me I guess we need to pay JQ another 1000g!

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Heavens Brethren.6471

It’s going to be great thrashing SoR again =)

And no tears here, I enjoy it when you throw your zerg at our keep I have never gotten more loot than when both of your servers wipe over and over on a daily bases both trying to take it from both sides. Thx for all of the leet loots brothers =D!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

And no tears here

lawl

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ponder.3647

Ponder.3647

nomnomnom, the feels are so delicious!

For the record, I think “Sanctum of Jade” rolls off of the tongue a little better.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

The way to think about this is complimentary to BG, it takes both just like BGs last stint in T1 before the JQ transfers, JQ avoided SoS like the plague, SoR is a carbon copy of that time, all to happy to come in a distant second. Sure they skirmish here and there but the reality is obvious and it only amplifies when BG takes the week off up to the patch. It gives the “attack the weak link” talk some merit even if it keeps a server that plays only for the fights in a distant second it shows who they consider " the good fight"

What I have noticed this week on BG is the lack of Smokee (other HB) which seems to effect map colors a lot more than double teams and servers losing their use of culling as their main strategy. I’m sure most will say one person doesn’t effect a server that much but I have to disagree, BG lost a huge amount of PPT with the departure of Smokee and his attitude of WvW, the most memorable no fear fights I was in were running in that small 20 man group which accomplished 10 times what the mega zerg ever did.

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Heavens Brethren.6471

I think its cute they both see us as so much of a threat ^.^.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Heavens Brethren.6471

nomnomnom, the feels are so delicious!

For the record, I think “Sanctum of Jade” rolls off of the tongue a little better.

I like it! I’m their biggest fan boy lol

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

This 2v1 whining is so great. Where were you whiners last week? Maybe some of you BG should get back to wvw instead of doing forum wars.
1 victory already killed your fighting spirit again? Where will you transfer after this week?

And where is Frudoo? Back in the queue for JQ LA?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

Anyone complaining about 2v1 has never played a game of RISK in their life.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ponder.3647

Ponder.3647

You forgot to mention that we were emoting back and forth, further proving your theories of a cross server alliance.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

The way to think about this is complimentary to BG, it takes both just like BGs last stint in T1 before the JQ transfers, JQ avoided SoS like the plague, SoR is a carbon copy of that time, all to happy to come in a distant second. Sure they skirmish here and there but the reality is obvious and it only amplifies when BG takes the week off up to the patch. It gives the “attack the weak link” talk some merit even if it keeps a server that plays only for the fights in a distant second it shows who they consider " the good fight"

What I have noticed this week on BG is the lack of Smokee (other HB) which seems to effect map colors a lot more than double teams and servers losing their use of culling as their main strategy. I’m sure most will say one person doesn’t effect a server that much but I have to disagree, BG lost a huge amount of PPT with the departure of Smokee and his attitude of WvW, the most memorable no fear fights I was in were running in that small 20 man group which accomplished 10 times what the mega zerg ever did.

There are honestly alot of commanders that I used to recognize during morning hours that I just havent seen this week. Not sure if people are taking breaks but I do hope they come back

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Heavens Brethren.6471

Anyone complaining about 2v1 has never played a game of RISK in their life.

There’s complaining and then there is calling it like you see it. I honestly think it is funny. =D Trully. Last week wasn’t really anything. This week though lol… I have respect for those in JQ and SoR that have at least admitted they are more focused on BG this week. Especially at certain times of the day. Seriously props to you! I think its good practice for BG. There are a few really good guilds on both servers that earn their wins by just plain playing better than we do at a given point in time. I have much respect for you guys. =) Much love and good luck the rest of the week!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Why is there a 2 v 1?

Ex-SoS guilds transferred stating they wanted to compete with JQ, so JQ competed. Previous history and numerous BG members baiting SoR members with a generic “haha were gonna beat ya”, SoR don’t like to be beaten.

If you’ve followed these posts you’d know that TW from SoR don’t miss an opportunity to say “We have JQ garrison nah nah”. But largely other SoR guilds and JQ ignore them so it doesn’t go anywhere.

So if anything, BG put itself in a position to compete with 2 servers.

That’s of course if it’s actually true.

I could be buying into the ENDLESS posts that claim this 2 v 1. The reality is the same posts will exist when a new server is in tier 1.

Oh wait, now that I think about it…

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Janhyua.8130

Janhyua.8130

Hi, My name is Janhyua ^-^

This is a Video of JQ vs BG a big zerg battle on 27th March

Rate and Comment if you like it ^-^

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I kinda see the 2v1 concept, but not in game. Its smarter for SOR to play for second because they don’t have the coverage to beat JQ, but they have the numbers to beat BG. BG has now beaten JQ and JQ doesn’t want that to happen again so we are making sure it doesn’t by targetting BG. Just the way things go. But its not like anyone on JQ is like, öh its SOR we will leave them be". We see an invader, BG or SOR, we will do what we can to bring the hurt.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Rough week for BG but things aren’t so bad we’re not behind SoR by that much. Think people are overreacting.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

So what are people thoughts on the culling fix in terms of combat. It’s obviously great being able to actually see your enemies but has combat been less or more interesting/engaging?

Amarathy
[ETA]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

So what are people thoughts on the culling fix in terms of combat. It’s obviously great being able to actually see your enemies but has combat been less or more interesting/engaging?

well its less interesting because there is no great mystery as to how many people i am fighting and where they all are located.

but i wouldn’t call that a bad thing.

-Desirz Matheon

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Murakami.5243

Murakami.5243

Just wanted to point out you can see a “Miniature Collector” title in the sea of SoR and that it’s me.

With 3 servers in a tier, of course 2v1 will inevitably happen. The only thing you can do is try to influence the other server to not double team you with your actions and decisions. Those claiming that there exists server truces and alliances should read up on game theory and perhaps play a game of RISK. You can’t always expect a JQ attacks BG while BG attacks SoR while SoR attacks JQ cycle all the time.

Golden Company X I I I [GC]
Developer of GW2 WvW for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/gw2-wvw/id653987126?mt=8

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Medeyn.8562

Medeyn.8562

Well… BG had nothing in EBG and were going straight for our towers, Also in BG BL, they had nothing, but came for our Bay… Soooo….

Alot of ppl wanting to see BG get abit hurt when that happened. Btw, I can see myself in that photo in the page before. Pretty cool, I have to turn model quality to low, Can’t handle that many people :P

But then again, it was a gamble… JQ is really bloody good at taking weaker towers really fast, the second you drop in numbers, they’ll make you hurt,

PLEASE dont complain about being ‘double teamed’ on one night. SOR have lower oceanic coverage and every night it is usually a struggle to map hop and keep our ppt ‘decent’ BG’s MERC/ND and other guilds coming together make it insanely hard, then the later it gets, the more JQ start coming. Once JQ cap their BL, they go for whichever, and are bloodthirsty :P So you will feel the ‘d – team’ Don’t cry about it so much once, especially in EBG.

Scyprotek | Retired SEA/OC Commander
Tarnished Coast

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

Whether or not it was planned who can say, but it’s pretty clear that the main objective in EB (during oceanic hours) is for SOR to park their entire zerg in bravost with 4 trebs, and JQ pushing langor, thus creating a double teaming. SM is not even touched.

You honestly should be in EB during these hours to witness what really goes on. I will not speak on behalf of the borderlands at all, i can only witness one map. But it is 100% clear since it’s been the same exact thing happening there on much more than 1 occasion.

Welcome to being blue in EB! Us SoR went through it for many many weeks. JQ/SoS in t1, BG/IoJ in t2. Get used to it because it happens all the time. No need to compain about it.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Medeyn.8562

Medeyn.8562

Welcome to being blue in EB! Us SoR went through it for many many weeks. JQ/SoS in t1, BG/IoJ in t2. Get used to it because it happens all the time. No need to compain about it.

Exactly! BG hasn’t had the pleasure of being ‘blue’ yet. Terrible colour… terrible. Blue gets focused real hard. It also just feels so easy to target… the towers feel…. in bad positions

Scyprotek | Retired SEA/OC Commander
Tarnished Coast

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I find it funny BG calling 2v1’s. However I don’t see any crying from JQ about how BG wiped them at Mendons, Oger, Anzalia’s, ect… While they were attacking SOR.

Think about it, there is no 2v1 against BG only. There are 2v1’s against JQ, and 2v1’s against SOR. It’s called a 3 way match. All servers are attacking one another.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Miiaah.5416

There are honestly alot of commanders that I used to recognize during morning hours that I just havent seen this week. Not sure if people are taking breaks but I do hope they come back

Well I think a lot were wanting to leave the game long before now but stuck around to see if BG could actually pull off the T1 win. I think the win allowed some to finally say “been there done that, moving on” I don’t have a clue about Smokee (and other HB) and his real life situation but he pulled some seriously crazy hours in BG first week back to T1, I know I did as well and it was exhausting to the point of stupid but thankfully my job is more a hobby and I’m married to another GW2 player that we have went through the MMO gambit for over a decade, long/late Raid nights and Arena and rated PvP allows for a week of silliness here and there. Warhammer and DoaC allowed for more casual play which is what I thought GW2 would be as well. Something about T1 changes this but I know I played very little week 2 and came back on Wed of last week and every 1K closer to JQ we got added another hour until it was apparent late Thursday night it was done.

The one commander I wonder about that I haven’t seen in months is Legendary Thor, they were about as fun as running with Smokee when it was smaller groups and I was leveling a mesmer

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

From your screenshot, it doesn’t even look like SOR and JQ can even attack each other due to the height of the cliff.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Dear JQ, according to BG we have a truce and I for one I’m really disappointed that during said truce you decided to have a 70 man Zerg camp our spawn point in BgBL well also leaving a small group watching Bay for when the treb finally took down the wall. I do not think this is how we are supposed to treat each other. To that end I will say I’m sorry myself for taking the back way out of my spawn and picking off anyone silly enough to leave the blob.

Or maybe people just see what they want to see to make themselves feel better.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update for those you not online <3

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

SFShinigami.2015

I went to bed with “go team guild wars 2” and wake up to more 2v1 complaining. Come on guys, we’re all cuddle buddies here!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Robot Chocken.7012

Robot Chocken.7012

When people like me log on to BG having a 520 tick last thursday, and then load in to Lion’s Arch to several BG players guesting on our server just to troll us. Did you really think it would go well after that?

Wok, Master Asura of [QT]