3/8 Kain - FA - TC

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

-when facing BG and u guys It happened quite often that we were inside a BG keep trying to get inner gate down, when TC showed up, wiped us and left, not even trying to take bg’s keep…

I remember many of those times. We would come in, kill FA and then leave the keep for BG because we wanted them to remain a presence in that BG so we could maximize our PPT against FA. That is called strategy, because as you guys have already pointed out TC plays to maximize PPT.

Ahh the good old days.

It’s also called playing for 2nd

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

So, do you guys literally have people who sit back in the keeps, receiving scouting reports, watching the maps and timers in all 4 BLs, keep tabs on which guild groups are active in what BLs, and are in charge of allocating and directing your forces from on high?

Cuz…that’d be pretty freaking amazing. Maybe boring, since you don’t get to fight, but incredibly effective in terms of PPT. I know we tend to tunnel vision on the field.

We do, our TC scout system we have in place across all out BLs is pretty impressive. It’s made up of all sorts of guilds. I especially love the times when on Mumble all we hear is “Everyone, stop fighting in this ZvZ/Tower/Keep/etc and head to xBL to help defend/take this objective.” Everyone just stops what they’re doing and leave, probably leaving our enemies with a “wtf just happened?” face. But if we’re having a ton of fun, we’ll ignore it for selfish reasons, and later try to correct our error if it goes too downhill.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

Well TC’s grand Tuesday push went to suck. They are behind Kain 22k points now. No consilation prize for second place. At best you’ll earn the coveted blue fort in EB.

so sayeth the great innuendo

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So, do you guys literally have people who sit back in the keeps, receiving scouting reports, watching the maps and timers in all 4 BLs, keep tabs on which guild groups are active in what BLs, and are in charge of allocating and directing your forces from on high?

Cuz…that’d be pretty freaking amazing. Maybe boring, since you don’t get to fight, but incredibly effective in terms of PPT. I know we tend to tunnel vision on the field.

We do, our TC scout system we have in place across all out BLs is pretty impressive. It’s made up of all sorts of guilds. I especially love the times when on Mumble all we hear is “Everyone, stop fighting in this ZvZ/Tower/Keep/etc and head to xBL to help defend/take this objective.” Everyone just stops what they’re doing and leave, probably leaving our enemies with a “wtf just happened?” face. But if we’re having a ton of fun, we’ll ignore it for selfish reasons, and later try to correct our error if it goes too downhill.

Plus we have you and Team Funk keeping us endlessly entertained in map chat

L’enfer, c’est les autres

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

-when facing BG and u guys It happened quite often that we were inside a BG keep trying to get inner gate down, when TC showed up, wiped us and left, not even trying to take bg’s keep…

I remember many of those times. We would come in, kill FA and then leave the keep for BG because we wanted them to remain a presence in that BG so we could maximize our PPT against FA. That is called strategy, because as you guys have already pointed out TC plays to maximize PPT.

Ahh the good old days.

Wow, I never looked at it that way.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Ahh the good old days.

It’s a lot better than making excuses for being 3rd

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

We’ll see who’s in 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the end of the week. However, something that greatly helps predict such placement is a score and map update…

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Wah.2153

Dr Wah.2153

Ahh the good old days.

You allow 1st place to keep points and make sure 3rd place doesn’t get them. You’re right – that is a strategy. That’s exactly how you “win” 2nd place. Looking at TC’s match history, you’re very good at 2nd place.

Honest question here….. Why do you care about maximizing PPT? If you aren’t playing to win, then I’m pretty sure the score doesn’t matter. Why not just look for good fights?

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

Well TC’s grand Tuesday push went to suck. They are behind Kain 22k points now. No consilation prize for second place. At best you’ll earn the coveted blue fort in EB.

3rd gets a:

Third Place WvW Chest

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

PiNK was out in force today at TCBL Bay! So was Kaineng!

Epic fight there. Wiping TC, getting wiped by Kaineng, and then being dead and watching Kaineng get wiped by TC…lol. THIS IS THE TRUE SPIRIT OF BATTLE

I think the fight there is still going. Nice defense.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Alisgale.6381

Alisgale.6381

Ahh the good old days.

It’s a lot better than making excuses for being 3rd

Really? I always was told 2nd place is just the first loser. I think the competition is fun but can’t we all just go out and beat down TC like good WvWers and quit arguing which is worse 2nd or 3th. They both aren’t first.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

sceptus.9415

Ahh the good old days.

You allow 1st place to keep points and make sure 3rd place doesn’t get them. You’re right – that is a strategy. That’s exactly how you “win” 2nd place. Looking at TC’s match history, you’re very good at 2nd place.

Honest question here….. Why do you care about maximizing PPT? If you aren’t playing to win, then I’m pretty sure the score doesn’t matter. Why not just look for good fights?

The below image explains everything.

Thanks!

Attachments:

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

TheFug.5278

Ahh the good old days.

2nd place stays in the tier, 3rd place has a good chance of getting bumped.

Have you guys not WvW’ed before? Do you not realize this?

As for looking for good fights, there were plenty of good fights had because we wiped all the FA and all of their reinforcements in the keep first.

I remember camping outside hills killing every FA who tried to come in while Blackgate worked on inner – plenty of good fights were had then!

Strategy. Looking at TC’s match history, we are very good at staying in T2 for extended periods of time and having lots of good fights because of it. The server who loses the most is the one that gets bumped down to a tier where the fights dissappear after reset night due to steamroll.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Great fights in TCBL just now. Props to [BT] [RET]. Ready for more chess?

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Teamkiller.4315

Psh, you forgot about Kaineng

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Psh, you forgot about Kaineng

Well, Bay was awesome but there were some field fights with FA afterwards :P

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

More Props! [GODS], [RE]!

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dr Wah.2153

Dr Wah.2153

2nd place stays in the tier, 3rd place has a good chance of getting bumped.

Have you guys not WvW’ed before? Do you not realize this?

As for looking for good fights, there were plenty of good fights had because we wiped all the FA and all of their reinforcements in the keep first.

I remember camping outside hills killing every FA who tried to come in while Blackgate worked on inner – plenty of good fights were had then!

Strategy. Looking at TC’s match history, we are very good at staying in T2 for extended periods of time and having lots of good fights because of it. The server who loses the most is the one that gets bumped down to a tier where the fights dissappear after reset night due to steamroll.

So to summarize – you classify “good fights” as those in which the server you are focusing is being double teamed. You don’t think you’re good enough/have enough coverage to win, so you play for second. If you succeed in your strategy, you stay in your tier, and get 2nd place every week.

You’re correct – this is a legit strategy if you’re on the bubble of moving down a tier. If you’re not, it’s just defeatist. Congratulations on your 2nd place success in T2.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Sorry I missed out on fighting TC in FA BL tonight. We’ll shoot for tomorrow, OK?
Also hope Jayne was having fun like she usually does.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Sorry I missed out on fighting TC in FA BL tonight. We’ll shoot for tomorrow, OK?
Also hope Jayne was having fun like she usually does.

Jayne is pretty tuckered out tonight .. I just logged out after a 14 hour day. (Well I did take a break for dinner for an hour and a bit .. so I guess more a 12 hour day).

Hope you had some good fights too hon!

(edited by Jayne.9251)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

TheFug.5278

You don’t think you’re good enough/have enough coverage to win, so you play for second. If you succeed in your strategy, you stay in your tier, and get 2nd place every week.

Against Blackgate, a T1 server, no we did not have enough coverage, so we tried to gain back PPT against the weakest enemy (FA) in an attempt to stay in the tier. We still fought Blackgate in the open field and won many fantastic fights. Atleast that is what many of us did on the night crew in order to hold onto our T2 position as long as we could. We still grouped up and went out and took on LOTD and HB in open combat and tried to backdoor them in the keeps and the garrisons when a fight broke out, just sometimes we preferred to turtle up on our side of the map, put a Waypoint in our natural keep and ride out the storm for the rest of the day.

We are not doing that strategy this week, which is why we gained a lot of ground on KN. That is why right now we have a ton of people going hard in KN borderland instead of in FA borderland. This is a very even match, and a very fun match. And yes, if we succeed in our strategy we stay in tier 2 where we are a perfect fit – we don’t go to T1 where we would get destroyed by coverage difference and we don’t go back down to T3 where we would win the match 3 hours after reset and be bored for a week. Hopefully nobody from the lower tiers makes any large pushes, then FA will stay in this tier as well where they belong and we can keep pushing Kaineng all day long like we have.

The fact that you call playing smart a defeatist attitude shows why FA is struggling to hold their ground lately PPT wise.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

We have no general, we are a hive mind.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

:O TC has closed the gap to 22k points. Maybe they can come in first. I think last week we lost by 13k points.

so sayeth the great innuendo

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

:O TC has closed the gap to 22k points. Maybe they can come in first. I think last week we lost by 13k points.

Naw TC is all about progression. We are the typical tortoise. We just slowly plod along. I think Kaineng is in no danger of us as TC and FA scrap it out for second place.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

The fact that you call playing smart a defeatist attitude shows why FA is struggling to hold their ground lately PPT wise.

I think it has more to with this:

most of us FAers don’t care.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Rance.4570

Rance.4570

I’m looking to 1v1 Hammer warriors from Ssh

On-i.tumblr.com follow me on tumblr
Stomp or be stomped that is the code of the necro

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Elintor.1839

Elintor.1839

So like Hammer Warrior Vs Hammer Warrior? Because that may be the longest fight ever……

Elintor
Lvl 80 Hammer Warrior
Soft Human Hands [Shh] Fort Aspenwood

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Naw TC is all about progression. We are the typical tortoise. We just slowly plod along. I think Kaineng is in no danger of us as TC and FA scrap it out for second place.

Hey, we have nap times. What can I say. How do you think we got so beautiful

TC

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Rance.4570

So like Hammer Warrior Vs Hammer Warrior? Because that may be the longest fight ever……

Do you want to duel?

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Dear Tarnished Coast,

I am really glad that despite your efforts in getting me to consider ever moving to TC, that I decided against transferring to you guys when I was shopping around. You guys are kinda jerks. And I mean that in the sincerest way possible – I’m not even trolling. I am quite pleased with my new home on FA, and I REALLY enjoy being a part of [BT]. Even though you are extremely mean to my new friends, be it on the forums, or in whispers. I used to kind of like you in a friendly way, even though I respectfully declined joining your community, but now… now… after reading all your comments in this thread, and just witnessing what I have seen out there. Even the slightest bit of like is gone.

Sincerely,

Eva.

lol. That’s fine. I think a good number of folks would have had a few choice words to say to the person who tried to recruit you if you did come over.

Not me, of course. I think you’re fine. But not everyone shares my sentiment.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Rance.4570

Dear Tarnished Coast,

I am really glad that despite your efforts in getting me to consider ever moving to TC, that I decided against transferring to you guys when I was shopping around. You guys are kinda jerks. And I mean that in the sincerest way possible – I’m not even trolling. I am quite pleased with my new home on FA, and I REALLY enjoy being a part of [BT]. Even though you are extremely mean to my new friends, be it on the forums, or in whispers. I used to kind of like you in a friendly way, even though I respectfully declined joining your community, but now… now… after reading all your comments in this thread, and just witnessing what I have seen out there. Even the slightest bit of like is gone.

Sincerely,

Eva.

Thats cool thanks for informing us

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Elintor.1839

Elintor.1839

Do you want to duel?

Who are you? Guild? in game name? Server?

Elintor
Lvl 80 Hammer Warrior
Soft Human Hands [Shh] Fort Aspenwood

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: danni.1824

danni.1824

cooOOooo, TC friends <3

Attachments:

Commander Diae Fair
x . x . x
Tarnished Coast

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

TC doing work. I think we are actually building steam!

Attachments:

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

sceptus.9415

Dear Tarnished Coast,

Sincerely,

Eva.

I hear what you’re saying, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Dear Tarnished Coast,

Sincerely,

Eva.

You should check out how FA treated Crystal Desert when they were beating em.
Not exactly the mistreated angels you’re making em out to be. :p

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Woot, go go TC!

Blackgate

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Squibbles.8724

Squibbles.8724

So, personal attacks now? Cool.

Squibbles – 80 Engineer. Littles – 80 Guardian. Ripples – 80 Necromancer.
[VL] & [RET] of FA

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Where is the lolcat score update? I need to hire him to tier1’s thread. I need some cats for JQQueue and SoR too.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Teamkiller.4315

Good GvG’s today RISE! Groups like that usually slaughter half of an undisciplined army on the first run. You guys survived and struck back, and it hurt.

Btw, we were all running [HG] tags, but don’t worry we were [RET] :P.

(I was the hammer/staff guardian in half red and black human t3 cultural armor with draconic leggings and flame gauntlets)

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Where is the lolcat score update? I need to hire him to tier1’s thread. I need some cats for JQQueue and SoR too.

Hallo lovely.

You’ll have to message Hydrophidian and see if they’re up to it …

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Teamkiller.4315

FINE here’s your godkitten score update

Attachments:

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Dear Tarnished Coast,

Sincerely,

Eva.

I hear what you’re saying, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

I dunno. I may have to agree with Evalana. Our Supreme Commander Walken was invited to a TC Keep by PINK and he of course graciously accepted…and look what the evil doers did to him! Outrageous! We want blood!

Attachments:

TC

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Teamkiller.4315

Dear Tarnished Coast,

Sincerely,

Eva.

Good. Your hate and disgust gives me the fuel to slaughter more FA. I remember the days of FA ruining get togethers involving tonics and yaks. Join FA? pfft. I dont know why anyone would join such a server. Hate you enemy. Loathe your enemy. Plant flags on them as you pin them into the blood stained ground, and trod over them. I hope to see you on the battlefield. I’ll be the little Asura with the banner, shouting and crying out for more blood to be spilled.

We’re not all like that…

Stop generalizing everyone based off a few bad apples on the forums. Plenty of FA respect their opponents. Look, after today’s GvG, both RISE and RET (we’re wearing HG tags but we’re RET) did a synchronized line bow.

Attachments:

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I dunno. I may have to agree with Evalana. Our Supreme Commander Walken was invited to a TC Keep by PINK and he of course graciously accepted…and look what the evil doers did to him! Outrageous! We want blood!

Aw who DOESN’T want to be a bunny though?

(That’s a good look for Walken )

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Did I ever use the words ‘hate’ OR ‘disgust’? No, I don’t believe I did. ::reads it again:: Nope.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Did I ever use the words ‘hate’ OR’ disgust? No, I don’t believe I did. ::reads it again:: Nope.

I believe he was RPing dear.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

[RET]/[SHH] VS [RISE]

We stopped to have some fun at the end of the night, RISE was once again kind enough to meet us in battle.

P.s TC might be kitten weeds, but so are FA. who really cares. All that matters is the death and destruction in game. You know you can’t win the war on the forums right? I am saying this to EVERYONE not just TC.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Alisgale.6381

Alisgale.6381

Good. Your hate and disgust gives me the fuel to slaughter more FA. I remember the days of FA ruining get togethers involving tonics and yaks. Join FA? pfft. I dont know why anyone would join such a server. Hate you enemy. Loathe your enemy. Plant flags on them as you pin them into the blood stained ground, and trod over them. I hope to see you on the battlefield. I’ll be the little Asura with the banner, shouting and crying out for more blood to be spilled.

Pfft. I remember FA doing WvW in a WvW to a bunch of players running around as dolyaks. I also remember the first event ended up to those QQing and double teaming a whole server based on the actions of a few. Then the next time the event happened the event goers wouldn’t allow any FA and already were planning to try to double team them immediately afterwards regardless, I would know I was in the guild during the event. So you can go and cry saying how bad FA is but before you do that go ahead and look in a mirror.

3/8 Kain - FA - TC

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

There have been plenty of KN and FA folks I’ve seen in EB that I’ve had admiration for – not necessarily for their combat prowess (and that’s not me saying they suck, as they don’t :p), but for little things – I was just sitting with a ranger from KN on the steps of Mendon a while back, before she was sadly killed by two other TC

I don’t know anyone on KN too well yet, but there are folks on FA I’ve known since our series of match ups during the TC 7 Weeks of Green period, and they are polite, courteous and wonderful people.

Likewise, there are a bunch of KN posters on these forums whom I also admire.

~Nyari Cil, Queen of EB