4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

I don’t think you know how veil works. It’s not about going forward all the time. Sometimes you go left and in extreme cases you might even go right and maybe, just maybe, you use a second veil and repeat the entire process.

Ah, thank you. Should I add you to my friends list along with Aneu for the authority on how Veil works?

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: FieryChaos.1293

FieryChaos.1293

I’m more inclined to trust Votf on this matter; they have members with extensive history in GW1 GvG and setting up actual organized fights in GW2. I watched your video and if that was a “GvG,” it was an unorganized mess; it detracts from what should be perceived as a balanced fight (GvG) and degrades the qualities of what an actual GvG should be, how it’s organized and how it’s played out.

Main – Myst Chievous
[SOR] Shadows Of Ravenloft

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

A man walks into a martial arts studio and wants to learn to protect himself. The teacher immediately berates him, “What? You think you’re better than me? I think you’re totally wrong about that! I am not some city jerk who just goes into a studio and thinks he runs the place like some people around here!”

The man walks out, a bit confused. Then he rereads the sign. “Self Defensive Techniques taught here!”

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

I don’t think you know how veil works. It’s not about going forward all the time. Sometimes you go left and in extreme cases you might even go right and maybe, just maybe, you use a second veil and repeat the entire process.

Ah, thank you. Should I add you to my friends list along with Aneu for the authority on how Veil works?

No thanks, I’ve got plenty of friends.

@btowl
The reason the proximity to the spawnpoint matters is because even if you win like that it is not actual winning. You do not get bragging rights if you die twice and have to come back to kill a single guild with inferior numbers.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

@btowl
The reason the proximity to the spawnpoint matters is because even if you win like that it is not actual winning. You do not get bragging rights if you die twice and have to come back to kill a single guild with inferior numbers.

So since I didn’t die during that encounter in the camp or the tower, I do get to brag?

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

@btowl

So since I didn’t die during that encounter in the camp or the tower, I do get to brag?

No you should be ashamed for not sticking to your commander and keeping him alive. Try to be a teamplayer next time.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

You do not get bragging rights if you die twice and have to come back to kill a single guild with inferior numbers.

Hmm I really feel like I should at least add you to my friends list, you are the authority on veil, and now seems the authority on bragging rights. Having you on that list could potentially help me further my game play experience!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Burl.9567

@btowl

No you should be ashamed for not sticking to your commander and keeping him alive. Try to be a teamplayer next time.

That was Maves. He was our decoy. I yelled at him to stay away from me since you guys would run out just to gank him. lol

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Been a super fun night guys! Especially enjoyed the small fights I got into.

And also punting my tiny SoR Friend around with our other friends :P <3

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

Only thing I remember from TW is them saying they were better than us and then refusing to GvG.

Now Aneu mentions how your video is far from an actual GvG you guys bring up 1 fight from months ago that you claim you won but in fact it was sad that it took you guys that long to kill us. I would hardly call that a victory.

So it’s only a victory if we kill you within x amount of time? I guess we shall not classify the fight at Bay as a victory then since you sat on the south outer wall for ~30 minutes before charging in and getting wiped, and then another 15 minutes spent destroying our siege before charging in again before wiping us the first time? Forty-five minutes is surely too long for that encounter to be considered a victory.

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

You do not get bragging rights if you die twice and have to come back to kill a single guild with inferior numbers.

Hmm I really feel like I should at least add you to my friends list, you are the authority on veil, and now seems the authority on bragging rights. Having you on that list could potentially help me further my game play experience!

Are you really that desperate to find some friends?

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

It took a few weeks but welcome back GvG arguments!

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

Are you really that desperate to find some friends?

Not so much a friend, but more a benefactor of sort to help me keep the rules/authority on subject matter in line!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Burl.9567

Does anyone even do them any longer on NA side? I haven’t seen the usual posturing or even guilds asking about them.

I figured a lot of the guilds are hesitant to do it now that culling has been removed and they have no more excuses if they lose.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

@btowl

You missed the part where only one TW needed to respawn.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

@btowl

You missed the part where only one TW needed to respawn.

Rewriting history now? That’s my cue…

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

If snark were a measure of skill, we’d have some pretty tough players in this thread. Do any of you honestly think anyone is going to suddenly change their mind, or that some neutral party will be like “Hey, that guy with the clever insults is awesome! I’ll join his guild!”

I have respect for some of the posters involved, but not for any cheap words traded on here. We all know who would win that GvG, but don’t ever expect the lesser of the two to admit it. Very few guilds would admit they’d lose a fight.

Oddly, the guilds that can admit they’d lose a fight are the ones that scare me the most in game…

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

btowl.7869

@btowl

Okay, if that’s how you define it, fine. However, I didn’t see us forcing you to stay so close to our spawn point; you could’ve left at any time. But, as Aneu said, you chose to remain-does that not effectively negate your definition?

Engineer

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I don’t see GvG events anymore on any map. Normally there is the “We are GvG’ing here please don’t interrupt” over team/map chat as a warning. I’m going to throw out that the issue with GvG is trust. It’s 1.) hard to get the times right when you are talking about Guilds over 20+. 2.) difficult to be respectful to each other since most people run to the forums about score 3.) discouraging when it’s interrupted. 4.) The horrible queue for T1 in primetime.

USA on SoR is smaller and NERF is spread out so for me, GVG is just not an option but I would assume that’s the problem these days.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

The argument is so great, it brought forum warriors from another thread in! Keep it up T1 NA! Were trend setters! Give it a few weeks and VoTF will be back saying GvG is 40+

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

VotF…. hm… oh, I remember! Yea those are the noobs that were too scared to fight open field. They sat in our tower like baddies -.- lol we were so bored waiting for you guys to come out – I started making pancakes for everyone.

I remember the first time we saw you guys at hills… after a rough initial encounter :P (30v70) we managed to wipe you at the NE supply camp (30v70)

VotF is ok I guess. You guys know how to train well, but when faced with a real challenge you get wrecked… since all you know how to do is veil and train forward…

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I don’t see GvG events anymore on any map. Normally there is the “We are GvG’ing here please don’t interrupt” over team/map chat as a warning. I’m going to throw out that the issue with GvG is trust. It’s 1.) hard to get the times right when you are talking about Guilds over 20+. 2.) difficult to be respectful to each other since most people run to the forums about score 3.) discouraging when it’s interrupted. 4.) The horrible queue for T1 in primetime.

USA on SoR is smaller and NERF is spread out so for me, GVG is just not an option but I would assume that’s the problem these days.

I think the biggest problem with any of the GvG events posted here was that there was to many observers. It couldn’t be controlled to stop randoms from interfering. Even know I liked watching them live, its probably better to fraps them and post then after the fact.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

@btowl

Okay, if that’s how you define it, fine. However, I didn’t see us forcing you to stay so close to our spawn point; you could’ve left at any time. But, as Aneu said, you chose to remain-does that not effectively negate your definition?

No, the way I see it, I think you could say that you wiped us but bragging about it just seems wrong. You are however free to do whatever you want.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

btowl.7869

If snark were a measure of skill, we’d have some pretty tough players in this thread. Do any of you honestly think anyone is going to suddenly change their mind, or that some neutral party will be like “Hey, that guy with the clever insults is awesome! I’ll join his guild!”

I have respect for some of the posters involved, but not for any cheap words traded on here. We all know who would win that GvG, but don’t ever expect the lesser of the two to admit it. Very few guilds would admit they’d lose a fight.

Oddly, the guilds that can admit they’d lose a fight are the ones that scare me the most in game…

I’m sure VotF would beat us some and we’ d beat them some. I’d love to have the opportunity to fight them again because those times we have fought, win or lose, were all awesome in their own way. And I don’t think that would ever change were we to meet again.

As for the rest, how else am I going to get people in my Self-Defensive classes if I don’t showcase the lessons?

Engineer

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

btowl.7869

@btowl

No, the way I see it, I think you could say that you wiped us but bragging about it just seems wrong. You are however free to do whatever you want.

I’m not interested in bragging and do not think I have done so here, in the past, or in the d e scription of the video I posted. It even says ‘Great fights all around’.

Engineer

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Ipea.2974

Ipea.2974

TW…….Yeah they might be the only guild I have ever come across that im 100% sure would never ever win a GvG in an even number fight…..Simply put TW should go play hello kitty online.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

@btowl

I’m not interested in bragging and do not think I have done so here, in the past, or in the d e scription of the video I posted. It even says ‘Great fights all around’.

Wasn’t talking about you personally but to other people who appear to have a harder time refraining themselves

We wouldn’t know would we? As I recall, after our last encounter with votf they made thoroughly sure they would never encounter us again..

Still waiting on your vid of our encounters. You know, the one where you didn’t look utterly ineffectual like in the one WE released. ROTFL

Sorry, I think I shouldn’t say that that is bragging, it’s more like provoking.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

USA on SoR, is United Sanctum Alliance. No affiliation with any other server’s [USA]. We run 5 man Havok, and zerg support. Almost all of us are fill in commanders when needed.

Edit: Are people still complaining about Zergs in a T1 thread? These are the most populated servers in the game. There are going to be zergs, a lot of them, every day, in the case of JQ ALL day. I can appreciate smaller scale fights and the tactics that go with them. I can also appreciate ZvZ fights and the tactics that go with those as well(If you think its 100 people spamming skills willy nilly, you’re in for a bad ZvZ)

Personally for me, open field ZvZ is a blast, watching enemy position, and trying to out position them is fun. Knowing when to push, when to back off reset and re-push, knowing when the enemy is broken and its time to go all out is rewarding.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

(edited by Thundar.3910)

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Ipea.2974

VOTF is a garbage guild on Euro, sounds about right they came to NA to try their kitten.

Yet on NA, all they ever fought during Euro time zone was pugs.

Bottom line, they’ve never been tested and when they are tested on the Euro servers, they eat dirt.

you sir are a funny guy………

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

LetoII.3782

@btowl

Wasn’t talking about you personally but to other people who appear to have a harder time refraining themselves

We wouldn’t know would we? As I recall, after our last encounter with votf they made thoroughly sure they would never encounter us again..

Still waiting on your vid of our encounters. You know, the one where you didn’t look utterly ineffectual like in the one WE released. ROTFL

I’m sorry, but WHO came to WHO’S thread to comment on WHO’S video.
Take your time, scroll up a bit, it’s pretty obvious which party is the provocateur.

Sorry, I think I shouldn’t say that that is bragging, it’s more like provoking.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Take your time, scroll up a bit, it’s pretty obvious which party is the provocateur.

If you don’t want other people to see your video’s or comment on them, don’t put them in public places like this. You probably show your video’s because you want some exposure and fame. Too bad the video you use does not help you in that regard and even worse that some people (like Aneu), who are interested in GvG, noticed who little that video means and commented on it.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

LetoII.3782

If you don’t want other people to see your video’s or comment on them, don’t put them in public places like this. You probably show your video’s because you want some exposure and fame. Too bad the video you use does not help you in that regard and even worse that some people (like Aneu), who are interested in GvG, noticed who little that video means and commented on it.

See, if you guys dodged and focus changed like that in combat you’d be a heck of a force in combat… Outside of your extremely narrow and limiting M.O. that is.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

I was there for most of the fights. Waha challenged Indo to a GvG, and FOO was like 70 deep, Indo told us TW doesn’t have a lot of people so they would come in with FEAR.

The entire JQ side was basically FOO and 10 pugs and I think most of the SoR side was split with TW and FEAR. Later on in the day, most of us were asked to leave the BL by FOO so they could get more of their guildies in, I can only assume the last fights were all FOO.

BG was kicked fully out of the map so it was a 1v1.

Was a fun day and everyone on JQ and SoR seems to have enjoyed it since Waha has planned another one.

I find it amusing that people who were chased away from NA T1 are now coming back here to give us their 2 cents like we’d care about their opinion. Only people who’s opinion matters is JQ and SoR guys who participated in the fight or who will participate in future fights.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

See, if you guys dodged and focus changed like that in combat you’d be a heck of a force in combat… Outside of your extremely narrow and limiting M.O. that is.

Because you know how we play and what we can do? We suck so bad and yet you only have that 1 example of “wiping” us.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Ipea.2974

Ok so I just took the time to watch that Not really a GvG fight!
1, get better music for your videos.
2, If your gonna call it a GvG then be sure to not have more then double the number of what you are fight and still letting 50% of them escape from you.
3, Really……your music choice in the video sucks, GET BETTER MUSIC!
4, How bad are SoR, they need a full map, 4 commander and still cant beat a server fighting with half the numbers.
5, GET BETTER MUSIC FOR YOUR VIDEOS!!!!!

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

SoR asian primetime

Attachments:

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

By dissing TW, isn’t votf also indirectly disrespecting Fo0? As I understand it the gvg in question was on their terms and TW had to team up with FEAR to match the numbers. As long as there is no official gvg mode, a guild can be defined as whatever match terms were set.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

I was there for most of the fights. Waha challenged Indo to a GvG, and FOO was like 70 deep, Indo told us TW doesn’t have a lot of people so they would come in with FEAR.

The entire JQ side was basically FOO and 10 pugs and I think most of the SoR side was split with TW and FEAR. Later on in the day, most of us were asked to leave the BL by FOO so they could get more of their guildies in, I can only assume the last fights were all FOO.

BG was kicked fully out of the map so it was a 1v1.

Was a fun day and everyone on JQ and SoR seems to have enjoyed it since Waha has planned another one.

I find it amusing that people who were chased away from NA T1 are now coming back here to give us their 2 cents like we’d care about their opinion. Only people who’s opinion matters is JQ and SoR guys who participated in the fight or who will participate in future fights.

Thank you, not even sure at this point why votf even felt the need to comment on it. Was fun fights and look forward to sunday!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Because you know how we play and what we can do? We suck so bad and yet you only have that 1 example of “wiping” us.

Yes, we know exactly how you play. To quote George Patton we “read you book” and had countered you. Or, more specifically Indo our non-Maves GM did. He’s quite brilliant at this sort of thing.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

SoR asian primetime

You do realize that the match is over. That FOO logged two hours ago and that no matter what you tick the match is literally over. I guess we can keep reiterating this fact but if you want to push so hard go for it.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Yes, we know exactly how you play. To quote George Patton we “read you book” and had countered you. Or, more specifically Indo our non-Maves GM did. He’s quite brilliant at this sort of thing.

Why decline a GvG grom a guild that you can counter so easily? That’s kind of weird. And I know for a fact that is impossible for you to know how we play now

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

And I know for a fact that is impossible for you to know how we play now

Veil and charge? with a splash of hammer train?

Case in point …

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

And I know for a fact that is impossible for you to know how we play now

Veil and charge? with a splash of hammer train?

Case in point …

Hey I took that post back! I don’t want any of our NA competitors getting any ideas on how to fail in the field!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

(edited by Hoots.9564)

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

bg is dead. don’t know why they are still fighting.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

btowl.7869

Ok so I just took the time to watch that Not really a GvG fight!
1, get better music for your videos.
2, If your gonna call it a GvG then be sure to not have more then double the number of what you are fight and still letting 50% of them escape from you.
3, Really……your music choice in the video sucks, GET BETTER MUSIC!
4, How bad are SoR, they need a full map, 4 commander and still cant beat a server fighting with half the numbers.
5, GET BETTER MUSIC FOR YOUR VIDEOS!!!!!

Here, maybe Tool is more to your liking. We may have had more than FOO, but nowhere near more than 2x their numbers. The multiple commanders are for purposes of lines-one for melee and the other for ranged

Engineer

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Here, maybe Tool is more to your liking. We may have had more than FOO, but nowhere near more than 2x their numbers. The multiple commanders are for purposes of lines-one for melee and the other for ranged

Hooray for Tool

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

LetoII.3782

SoR asian primetime

You do realize that the match is over. That FOO logged two hours ago and that no matter what you tick the match is literally over. I guess we can keep reiterating this fact but if you want to push so hard go for it.

And I find it perplexing that someone would quit playing because of a number. Are we not here for combat? But it does seem to be common, guess Rallians are a bit odd in this.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

TW sure do feel like they need to prove themselves dont they… you guys are so testy!

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

SoR asian primetime

And I find it perplexing that someone would quit playing because of a number. Are we not here for combat? But it does seem to be common, guess Rallians are a bit odd in this.

Or it’s simply the fact those of us who play during these timezone’s are doing other stuff with our guilds and having fun and while WvW is fun for fights sometimes you need days to have a break and today is one of those days. This is especially true considering the new reset time.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader