4/5 Dragonbrand - Yak's Bend - Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: santi.7516

santi.7516

What’s up with Yaks and DB not defending/taking back their bl, and hitting other bl’s instead?

Anyways, good fights all around on Saturday.

Our BL was queued up, nor even Rawr, CL or WAR had any choice but to attack, i don’t like to lie to people and hide the truth.

Nice matchup atm, sadly i don’t have enough time to enjoy it at this week, i hope you guys enjoy it.

Btw, i was running at the same map as CL and their headcount was of 31 people at their peak, 50+ is an exageration.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

What’s up with Yaks and DB not defending/taking back their bl, and hitting other bl’s instead?

Anyways, good fights all around on Saturday.

Our BL was queued up, nor even Rawr, CL or WAR had any choice but to attack, i don’t like to lie to people and hide the truth.

Nice matchup atm, sadly i don’t have enough time to enjoy it at this week, i hope you guys enjoy it.

Btw, i was running at the same map as CL and their headcount was of 31 people at their peak, 50+ is an exageration.

It was 30 CL, the 50+ is because the daywalker NNK was there with about 10 + 10 other DB, and BP popping in occasionally.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Glad to see Rebel has moved from posting essays in the GW2 forums to posting them in Yaks Bend forums.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Glad to see Rebel has moved from posting essays in the GW2 forums to posting them in Yaks Bend forums.

Attntn span hur is v short plz use smal wrds ty.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: sdsakuragi.8170

sdsakuragi.8170

As a regular night time player on Mag, I find all this talk of the dreaded Maguuma zerg quite mystifying.

I could have sworn last night 20 Mag players were holed up in EK in the DB BL fighting off a zerg of at least 50-60. If I recall correctly, the zerg punched a hole through the outter wall, and then another throught the inner wall, at which point they were stopped dead in their tracks. A counter push by a dozen Might stacked Mags broke up the attack and scattered the rest.

Or late night on Friday reset. I recall 5 Mags taking and holding NE Supply Camp and holding out against repeated attempts to retake it. First, a group of 5 was promptly spiked. Then 10, then 15, and 20, though they managed to take down our single ballista, which we promptly rebuilt. Finally, it took 2 groups of 15 and 10 attacking from different directions to finally drive us out and reclaim the camp.

Mag isn’t scary because of our numbers, we’re scary because we have crazy Commanders who will single handledly attack a guarded enemy treb, … and succeed. For everyone who was with us at the EK last night: “Long live the Huge one.”

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I could have sworn last night 20 Mag players were holed up in EK in the DB BL fighting off a zerg of at least 50-60. If I recall correctly, the zerg punched a hole through the outter wall, and then another throught the inner wall, at which point they were stopped dead in their tracks. A counter push by a dozen Might stacked Mags broke up the attack and scattered the rest.

Not quite accurate. There were about 15-20 pugs, and 10-15 BP there, but by the time we had broken inner, we were flush out of supply for a few reasons. BP went to resupply, the pugs sat and milled around and eventually the mag push decimated them.

in WvW

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

As a regular night time player on Mag, I find all this talk of the dreaded Maguuma zerg quite mystifying.

Or late night on Friday reset. I recall 5 Mags taking and holding NE Supply Camp and holding out against repeated attempts to retake it. First, a group of 5 was promptly spiked. Then 10, then 15, and 20, though they managed to take down our single ballista, which we promptly rebuilt. Finally, it took 2 groups of 15 and 10 attacking from different directions to finally drive us out and reclaim the camp.

Mag isn’t scary because of our numbers, we’re scary because we have crazy Commanders who will single handledly attack a guarded enemy treb, … and succeed. For everyone who was with us at the EK last night: “Long live the Huge one.”

I was there and that was my treb and he used a cannon :P good fights though i was getting burnt out from my 12 hr commanding sprint and it was 4 hours past my guilds raid :C

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

I was there and that was my treb and he used a cannon :P good fights though i was getting burnt out from my 12 hr commanding sprint and it was 4 hours past my guilds raid :C

Yep, that’s the one. And the crazy part was you guys were swarming the courtyard and the only cannon that he could use was mounted on the outter wall, not the inner wall. He got the last shot off just as he was swarmed, and thereafter stabbed repeatedly.

Not quite accurate. There were about 15-20 pugs, and 10-15 BP there, but by the time we had broken inner, we were flush out of supply for a few reasons. BP went to resupply, the pugs sat and milled around and eventually the mag push decimated them.

So 45ish? Most of our guys were PUGs too, only about 5/6 were on TS with the Commander. Either way, we were not exactly brimming with supply on the defensive end. Still the counter push was effective enough that by the time you guys regrouped launched the next serious push against East Keep, we had enough time to run a manual supply train and completely patch up the inner wall. All in all though, it was an epic night, thanks for playing with us.

(edited by sdsakuragi.8170)

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I like that once again he’s ranting about how everyone is incompetent and he is just the perfect little angel, knows everything, and could do no wrong.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

I can give easy example. Sunday night 9:30 EST zerg of maguma of 60+ took Bay in YB BL. This is what we see quite regular from all realms since the WvW patch. Doesnt mean there are not smaller zergs and fights, but there is now always a 60+ zerg by all realms that did not exist before the patch. We can all claim we fought off 4 times our number of enemies, because we all do, every single night

(edited by deracs.1762)

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I’ve read the opposite in the past and haven’t seen what you’re saying posted anywhere. Something everyone should realize is nobody is at their peak 24/7. But maybe this is just some dumb drama we should all let go.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Hmm, did some Mag guilds transfer to TC?
I saw one [D_E_R_P] (gah, I had to add the underscores or else it will translated into kitten…) and some [iLL]s earlier on TC.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

DARP likes to roleplay on TC with the cuties in Divinity’s Reach but if you saw someone with that tag in WvW it wasn’t us.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

I can give easy example. Sunday night 9:30 EST zerg of maguma of 60+ took Hills in YB BL. This is what we see quite regular from all realms since the WvW patch. Doesnt mean there are not smaller zergs and fights, but there is now always a 60+ zerg by all realms that did not exist before the patch. We can all claim we fought off 4 times our number of enemies, because we all do, every single night

So if all servers have their zergs and we’ve all manage to wipe a zerg with far inferior numbers (and have a lot of fun doing it), then why do people keep complaining about X Server’s zerg?

And the zerg was always there, you just never saw it before the patch due to culling.

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

I can give easy example. Sunday night 9:30 EST zerg of maguma of 60+ took Hills in YB BL. This is what we see quite regular from all realms since the WvW patch. Doesnt mean there are not smaller zergs and fights, but there is now always a 60+ zerg by all realms that did not exist before the patch. We can all claim we fought off 4 times our number of enemies, because we all do, every single night

So if all servers have their zergs and we’ve all manage to wipe a zerg with far inferior numbers (and have a lot of fun doing it), then why do people keep complaining about X Server’s zerg?

And the zerg was always there, you just never saw it before the patch due to culling.

The zerg has changed since the patch. It used to be about fighting for the points to win the week. This meant a little more strategy. 3 sizable zergs from the same realm in a BL taking objectives fighting etc was the norm. Since the patch the norm is one giant zerg per borderland essentially swapping tower, keeps and camps. Part of the reason is the world xp, part of the reason is there is no real competition in T3. Dragonbrand will win no matter what, so not strategy is needed, and all that is decided is if the third place team will go to T4 or not. So we have less strategy and more world XP trains, and that means much larger zergs. I am hoping over time this will settle down.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Hmm, did some Mag guilds transfer to TC?
I saw one [D_E_R_P] (gah, I had to add the underscores or else it will translated into kitten…) and some [iLL]s earlier on TC.

There were guilds with those tags when we fought them. Different people.

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

The zerg has changed since the patch. It used to be about fighting for the points to win the week. This meant a little more strategy. 3 sizable zergs from the same realm in a BL taking objectives fighting etc was the norm. Since the patch the norm is one giant zerg per borderland essentially swapping tower, keeps and camps. Part of the reason is the world xp, part of the reason is there is no real competition in T3. Dragonbrand will win no matter what, so not strategy is needed, and all that is decided is if the third place team will go to T4 or not. So we have less strategy and more world XP trains, and that means much larger zergs. I am hoping over time this will settle down.

Really depends which commander you’re following, at least on Mag. The guys that have been doing WvW for a while now know which Commanders are offense based and which are defense based. And trust me, we didn’t move up from T4 by merely tower swapping. And we get more WXP than we know what to do with farming the zergs; DBs are worth 60 WXP a pop for the most part.

Edit: As of this posting Mag is holding 13 of 24 supply camps, 11 of 24 towers, and 8 of 12 keeps. So there is strategy here.

(edited by sdsakuragi.8170)

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Score update near the end of prime time for esters.

Attachments:

in WvW

kerona.3465

Man, we’re not even in first place and ppl complaining about our zergs. I was there in EK DBBL pretty much all night (until we all slept). Watching Too Huge solo that treb inside of outer with an unguarded cannon on outer south gate while tanking like 30 people was honestly one of the best things I’ve ever seen. At the time when you broke through north again with your NNKish zerg, we had 26 people inside (I counted!).

Anyways, mostly EB is where our massive zergs hide. On BLs we tend to be smaller guild based groups and the occasional karmaWPTS-train.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

Man, we’re not even in first place and ppl complaining about our zergs. I was there in EK DBBL pretty much all night (until we all slept). Watching Too Huge solo that treb inside of outer with an unguarded cannon on outer south gate while tanking like 30 people was honestly one of the best things I’ve ever seen. At the time when you broke through north again with your NNKish zerg, we had 26 people inside (I counted!).

Anyways, mostly EB is where our massive zergs hide. On BLs we tend to be smaller guild based groups and the occasional karmaWPTS-train.

High Five! But yea, you make a great point, most of the BLs are actually staffed with commanders and guilds who WvW to win, not to just farm badges and WXP.

Though, that being said… http://youtu.be/58_q59y8-Fc

in WvW

kerona.3465

High Five! But yea, you make a great point, most of the BLs are actually staffed with commanders and guilds who WvW to win, not to just farm badges and WXP.

Though, that being said… http://youtu.be/58_q59y8-Fc

Incoming badges!

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

Fastest way to rank up is karma train from atleast 2 servers and they flip objectives behind each other. but i believe this tier it is not possible and found out that defending is a very reasonable way to gain WXP as long as there are attackers.

sitting in a keep and upgrading them isnt a very good way to WXP but is needed

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Fastest way to rank up is karma train from atleast 2 servers and they flip objectives behind each other. but i believe this tier it is not possible and found out that defending is a very reasonable way to gain WXP as long as there are attackers.

sitting in a keep and upgrading them isnt a very good way to WXP but is needed

You’ll always be rank 1 NA in our hearts, Ho.

in WvW

crystalpink.2487

Oh I see.
I was thinking saiyr and his crew moved to TC coz I only remember the guild tag, not the name. xD
Tbh, I was kinda excited ;3

How about iLL? Coz I saw about 2-3 iLL on TC.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Oh I see.
I was thinking saiyr and his crew moved to TC coz I only remember the guild tag, not the name. xD

Hehehe my crew…

If the iLL isn’t Illusion then it’s not them. Otherwise I have no idea.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

I’ve read the opposite in the past and haven’t seen what you’re saying posted anywhere. Something everyone should realize is nobody is at their peak 24/7. But maybe this is just some dumb drama we should all let go.

Someone tell the Yak’s this so they can let Rebel know to stop posting essays on every single forum about us. I’m honestly more mystified by the fact that Yak’s have a five page thread on Maguuma and we have nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

We could start one…

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Good, wholesome, god-fearing Christians will always be persecuted. I can’t think of any other reason why Maguuma is constantly trashed by every other server.

This is my blood of the Convenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins, by thy sweet lord. God Bless. -Matt 26 to 28

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

It’s not really trash talk so much as strategies and how to handle us. I don’t see anything we do special other than defend our stuff, which apparently we’re not even doing well because we’ve been spoiled and just move BLs when it’s capped.

I know right now it kind of feels pointless to defend anything and walk yaks with groups that just use sheer numbers to take things. The good thing about them/this tier is that just like us, they don’t have 24/7 coverage. So softening their blows and doing the typical Maguuma turtle tactic is going to give us a chance when they decide it’s time to go take a dump on our BL or double team it.

I would love to focus on hitting DB more and holding things on their map but Yak’s keep showing up so it looks like it’s going to turn into the typical battle for second place while the first place server just rolls around because third is busy pressuring second. But the weekend is over so, who knows.

TLDR: Same old stuff.

Good fights so far, and good luck. Let’s get some fight clubs going because I’m already getting bored of defending against waves of BP.

in WvW

crystalpink.2487

Oh I see.

Hehehe my crew…

If the iLL isn’t Illusion then it’s not them. Otherwise I have no idea.

Yup, it’s illusion.
That one, I had a chance to check the guild name coz they were on top of the bay wall, still alive, whereas the darp one was already dead on the ground when I saw him/her xD

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Yup, it’s illusion.
That one, I had a chance to check the guild name coz they were on top of the bay wall, still alive, whereas the darp one was already dead on the ground when I saw him/her xD

Oh thas me~
I’m taking a vacation to the Garnished Toast, I hear the Dolyak Parades are great this time of year<3

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

crystalpink.2487

Yup, it’s illusion.

Oh thas me~
I’m taking a vacation to the Garnished Toast, I hear the Dolyak Parades are great this time of year<3

Oh, okies.
Enjoy your vacation ^^

in WvW

sdsakuragi.8170

Score update from the night crew. 7 keeps with 5 WPs, not bad for a mindless zerg.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Huge.5891

Huge.5891

I am counting 8 keeps… But yea, 5 with WP’s. Not bad for mindless zerguuma that just karma trains, zergs, and defends nothing…..

Edit: I just realized that screen shows my mesmer hidden in garrison.. Better find him before we ninja!

Attachments:

Too Huge
Just Defend [DFND] Commander
Maguuma

(edited by Huge.5891)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

choo chooo
What was that… do you hear it?
Choo Choooo
It can’t be…
CHOO CHOOOOOOOO!
No, not again… we just capped everything back..

Where was/is the NNK pain train this morning?

in WvW

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

It’s barely 6pm, lol, wait a bit more.

To be honest, our asians are the morning crew. You guys are night-capping everything.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

No, YOU’RE the bad guys!

in WvW

Elano.2014

You guys should be proud, IMO, you finally have a nigh-capping crew!

in WvW

Huge.5891

call it what you want. 5 fully upgraded and WP’d keeps all day is now “nightcapping”

Pretty sure the db crew that comes through and caps everything and upgrades nothing while we are sleeping is “nightcapping”

Too Huge
Maguuma

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

You guys should be proud, IMO, you finally have a nigh-capping crew!

Uh, no? That’s typically how it’s been right before NNK wakes up and sweeps everything, even in our previous matches.

in WvW

Posted by: Atine.8623

Atine.8623

call it what you want. 5 fully upgraded and WP’d keeps all day is now “nightcapping”

Pretty sure the db crew that comes through and caps everything and upgrades nothing while we are sleeping is “nightcapping”

I believe east coast of NA should be awake by the time NNK starts, so please check the timezones before you call other people night-cappers, thanks.

Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall
Cras es Noster!
My posts are strictly my own, they do not represent my server nor my guild.

in WvW

Elano.2014

Currently, it’s a quarter past 6pm here, 6am/3am in the US. Our Asians mostly start at 8pm our time, which would be 8am/5am, and lasting a couple of hours.

If my memory is still correct, 8am/5am is what people call “morning”.

Another thing, getting keeps upgraded and WP’d is easy. KEEPING them is hard. Plus, you don’t get to keep them “all day”.

in WvW

Huge.5891

I believe east coast of NA should be awake by the time NNK starts, so please check the timezones before you call other people night-cappers, thanks.

Oh right, my bad. Can’t call it night-capping if it’s 6am on the east coast. Everyone set your alarms to get up and play gw2… 6am sharp!

Too Huge
Maguuma

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

East coast of NA is still asleep or just waking up for work/school when the NNK train begins boarding at the station. It is still considered “night” here since this is not a prime time to play video games unless you’re an insomniac or some weird graveyard shift worker.

Currently, it’s a quarter past 6pm here, 6am/3am in the US. Our Asians mostly start at 8pm our time, which would be 8am/5am, and lasting a couple of hours.

Another thing, getting keeps upgraded and WP’d is easy. KEEPING them is hard. Plus, you don’t get to keep them “all day”.

Night, morning, doesn’t matter. Whenever you cap outside of prime, you’ll be called mean names. We and DB are accustomed to not keeping the things they WP, DB especially because their main force is only on for a few hours.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Huge.5891

Its soooo easy to get a WP…. where are yours?

Too Huge
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Late night/early morning fight club happening on Mag BL atm between East keep and SE tower.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Elano.2014

There’s only one in Eternal. You just proved my point though, it’s hard to KEEP a WP, not getting them, which is something DB need to do a lot better. Let’s see if you can keep a WP later, and you’ll realize how hard it is having little numbers to defend.

And I agree with you Guardian, so let’s just stop all these night-capping accusations if we lose our WPs outside of prime time.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

There’s only one in Eternal. You just proved my point though, it’s hard to KEEP a WP, not getting them, which is something DB need to do a lot better. Let’s see if you can keep a WP later, and you’ll realize how hard it is having little numbers to defend.

And I agree with you Guardian, so let’s just stop all these night-capping accusations if we lose our WPs outside of prime time.

No one cares about night capping. They were being pedantic to be pedantic. I guess it should be a mark of pride that people look at our midnight-6am ppt and think “they don’t know how to defend with low numbers.”

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

To the mags that held west keep in Yaks BL for a good half hour more than we should have- you guys were awesome, all 7 of you did extremely well and it was a pleasure commanding you guys <3

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Every time I see a ranger I’m like UGH, GET THAT OUTTA HERE!

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2