AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Aralon.7501

Aralon.7501

I had a lot of fun at bay (GH border) this evening, we wiped the GH zerg twice. Good defence at hills!

@KISS
When we (GoT) teleported in your group at bay, we didnt expect to wipe you. It was fun!

What the heck are you talking about GH zerg???

You do know we’ve been elsewhere this evening as all our turncoat bauble seeking guilds on AG have been sieging Hills!

We did send a couple of 4 or 5 man squads over there but that was it!
kitten what an exhausting night. This week is going to be hard graft!

Bay got attacked twice by a 20+ zerg. I saw Xaoc and some other guilds.

@Teutoni
No, GoT didnt spent a lot of time in hills, but I’m not too sure, was roaming in a strike squad.
Never seen CHvc at bay, only Xaoc and an other large guild, cant remember the name.

Aralon Mors – Norn Hybrid Necro
Aralon Scutum – Charr Healing Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks! – Guild of Tweakers [GoT]

(edited by Aralon.7501)

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: samski.5194

samski.5194

Dear [FURY]
Stop abusing culling with you zerg of bads against enemies you already outnumber.
Kind Regards
[Me]
PS – make sure to level your scrubs to 80, they drop crap loot

Any chance you could clarify if your referring to yesterday or tonight ?

PS – WvW against your server is the quickest way to level our alts so thanks for the exp sorry about the loot

(edited by samski.5194)

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Dear [FURY]
Stop abusing culling with you zerg of bads against enemies you already outnumber.
Kind Regards
[Me]
PS – make sure to level your scrubs to 80, they drop crap loot

Any chance you could clarify if your referring to yesterday or tonight ?

PS – WvW against your server is the quickest way to level our alts so thanks for the exp sorry about the loot

Are you talking about FSP or GH ? Because i`m playing on FSP and last i checked FSP was second in this matchup and still doing pretty well, considering the odds (you know, like the fact that AG can outman us in almost every map and that we all know that AG does not really belong in this tier).

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Gotta congratulate an AG thief who managed to stop me and my small group from taking Pangloss Rise in EB tonight! Realizing we were too many for him to fight off even with the support of the NPCs, he stealthed and ran off, let us kill the NPCs, and then, as we were capping, he revived the camp supervisor and delayed us just long enough for a bigger group to come and squash us!
Only a few seconds more and it would’ve been a different story, but, whoever you are, well played!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I had a lot of fun at bay (GH border) this evening, we wiped the GH zerg twice. Good defence at hills!

@KISS
When we (GoT) teleported in your group at bay, we didnt expect to wipe you. It was fun!

What the heck are you talking about GH zerg???

You do know we’ve been elsewhere this evening as all our turncoat bauble seeking guilds on AG have been sieging Hills!

We did send a couple of 4 or 5 man squads over there but that was it!
kitten what an exhausting night. This week is going to be hard graft!

Bay got attacked twice by a 20+ zerg. I saw Xaoc and some other guilds.

@Teutoni
No, GoT didnt spent a lot of time in hills, but I’m not too sure, was roaming in a strike squad.
Never seen CHvc at bay, only Xaoc and an other large guild, cant remember the name.

Yeh it was a Xaoc and SoJ group I think, I was there but we weren’t that many. I think about 15

Culling and lag has been a real problem for me. Our golem rush on AG bay so nearly came off before the FURY zerg appeared. I did have fun running around from the sweepers after though.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

Are you talking about FSP or GH ? Because i`m playing on FSP and last i checked FSP was second in this matchup and still doing pretty well, considering the odds (you know, like the fact that AG can outman us in almost every map and that we all know that AG does not really belong in this tier).

I actually think FSP are a good match for us AG, atm we are leading yes, but there are enough decent fights, and servers are able to push and take down upgraded towers from each other. GH just seems to be low on numbers compared to us two servers so it’s also effecting the dynamics, things might change to better or worse now weekend is over, we’ll have to see.
Keep it up boys and girls!

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

samski.5194

You didnt answer my question ……

Our Guild have mainly been farming FSP this week other guilds are dealing with GH.

Just out of curiosity have you ever played in a tier above this ? Just wondering how you know we don’t belong here.

Also could you link me to where ever your getting your information regarding AG out numbering you on every map please ? I wouldn’t mind looking over it……

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

samski.5194

Culling and lag has been a real problem for me. Our golem rush on AG bay so nearly came off before the FURY zerg appeared. I did have fun running around from the sweepers after though.

The culling seems to be a problem for us too, hope Anet fix it soon! Fortunately we arnt getting many problems with lag.

Congrats on the golem rush. If we wernt tipped off by a scout that you were there you probably would have taken it got some nice footage from it though.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Our Guild have mainly been farming FSP this week other guilds are dealing with GH.

Just out of curiosity have you ever played in a tier above this ? Just wondering how you know we don’t belong here.

Also could you link me to where ever your getting your information regarding AG out numbering you on every map please ? I wouldn’t mind looking over it……

“Have you ever played in a tier above this”…
Here’s our matchup evolution:

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/23/#history

we started out in t1, till people “got tired of never winning and always being no2 in the t1” … >_<

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Thanks for all the fun tonight guys. Both enemies and friends. Aisi x

S/F Asuran Elementalist

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Kaleygh.1524

I didn`t answer your question because each time i met your guild you guys pulled off the same tactic. It wasn`t on a certain day, it was each and every time i have seen your group. Using the same questionable tactic over and over makes certain people wonder about how good your guild really is.
And yes, i have played on this server since day 1, and yes, we have faced servers better than yours.
I don`t think i need to link you anything, since you just need to look around how many of us you face.
I`m sorry for questioning your tactics, it probably bothers you, and to be honest in the end its your own choice what type of setups/tactics you use. Just dont expect any respect from anyone outside your guild while you`re busy patting eachother on the back for “culling” your way to victory.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

samski.5194

we started out in t1, till people “got tired of never winning and always being no2 in the t1” … >_<

I meant him personally not your server

So…..is that you admitting you were only T1 because of your numbers ? :p

Good FSP BL Bay defence there guys

Using the same questionable tactic over and over makes certain people wonder about how good your guild really is.

If it ain’t broke, dont fix it

If our same tactic works against you over and over again then maybe your tactics are broke……you know, adapt and overcome.

Before you come back with the culling abuse then know it effects both AG and GH as well as you. I also fear you may mistake culling for this……

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Veil

(edited by samski.5194)

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

No. I just explained why we dropped. Having good teams leave your server can be quite demoralizing.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Kaleygh.1524

Using the same questionable tactic over and over makes certain people wonder about how good your guild really is.

If our same tactic works against you over and over again then maybe your tactics are broke……you know, adapt and overcome.

Before you come back with the culling abuse then know it effects both AG and GH as well as you. I also fear you may mistake culling for this……

Please, have the decency to not bs me with crap like that. It might work on a cursed shore farmer, but those of us that are in wvw each day have a pretty good idea what the problem is. And yes, it is broken, otherwise Anet wouldnt be working on a fix for it for God knows how long now.
What are you going to do when they fix it ? Ragequit ? Leave for another guild ?
As for you farming FSP and “leveling your alts” i know you`re trying to wave your kitten around here, showing us how those years of training in how to abuse culling and how to spam autoattack in a zerg paid off, but if you think about it a little, we all farm eachother all day long in wvw. It felt a bit special in the start, but now its just the norm.
But in the end, it`s just a game, let`s try to have our fun, no point in arguing and ruining eachother`s day.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: I S U P E R S I N I.4761

I S U P E R S I N I.4761

To NP, LoE, rddt, KISS, AoA and everyone else who have been sieging our hills all evening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtmf_PTb7k

Were settling in already
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am7EI5tdaX4

lol

That tune is kitten you should feel bad for even having linked it never mind listening to it.

[KISS]~~Aurora Glade~~

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Matt.7413

Matt.7413

Please, have the decency to not bs me with crap like that. It might work on a cursed shore farmer, but those of us that are in wvw each day have a pretty good idea what the problem is. And yes, it is broken, otherwise Anet wouldnt be working on a fix for it for God knows how long now.
What are you going to do when they fix it ? Ragequit ? Leave for another guild ?
As for you farming FSP and “leveling your alts” i know you`re trying to wave your kitten around here, showing us how those years of training in how to abuse culling and how to spam autoattack in a zerg paid off, but if you think about it a little, we all farm eachother all day long in wvw. It felt a bit special in the start, but now its just the norm.
But in the end, it`s just a game, let`s try to have our fun, no point in arguing and ruining eachother`s day.

The same old tactics? Do you care to fill me in on what these may just be? And as for culling issues, everybody QQ’s about them, we have to put up with it our selves, but we just get on with it. As for this problem, FURY usually run with around 25 – 30 people, and I can guarantee you that since I sort the parties out myself. Now i’ve never really experienced the problem with culling for that many numbers. You say we out number you on every map, d’fux? You guys massively out number us, as proven tonight, where ever we go we you guys are there with massive numbers. Just unlucky for you we have a quick response team. Now if you have a problem with our tactics and you believe you could beat us in a fair batle, then bring it. I’m happy to have an organised fight with you guys anytime you want. Whether that be 10, 15, 20 or 25 you name it, and we will quite happily have an organised GvsG with you. But for you to say that we use culling to our advantage. The only time we have greater numbers as run around as a kinda “zerg” are sunday nights as we do our open mic nights for the server. We’re an organised guilds with decent tactics, that is all.

[HeX] Officer | Aeyana | Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

samski.5194

No. I just explained why we dropped. Having good teams leave your server can be quite demoralizing.

I know mate i was only joking it wasn’t meant as a dig

As for you farming FSP and “leveling your alts”

Could you please confirm that you read the link I provided regarding Veil ? If you missed it then here it is again

If anything Anet fixing culling will help FURY as we have been victim to culling a few times.

Regarding the alts…..you tried to insult our low levels players first. If you arnt able to beat us with them in the raid then I’m not sure what you hope to achieve with a raid full of geared 80s ?

Anyway thanks for the fights tonight GH and FSP it’s been fun

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Matt.7413

PS – You say we use culling to our advantage. Everytime you see us, you run, so obviously you do see us coming from a distance!

[HeX] Officer | Aeyana | Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: ZStefanovic.2475

ZStefanovic.2475

How can we ‘abuse’ it? we can’t control culling it just happens. does that mean we should walk around in smaller groups to make sure we are allways visible to the enemy?

Watch one of our video’s, you’ll see we also experience culling issues but manage to end up on top.

Link for some awesome FURY action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie3RWTQ6BwM

Former [FURY] – Farming Orr since 1802
my stream: http://twitch.tv/Para_Streaming
All names start with Para

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Kaleygh.1524

You guys massively out number us, as proven tonight, where ever we go we you guys are there with massive numbers.

I actually thought you were serious until i read this. Maybe you got me wrong, I was talking about the numbers your server can bring in a map, not the numbers YOUR GUILD can bring.
My guild can bring like 3 people in wvw atm so whatever gvg you guys are dreaming about it`s probably not going to happen.
As for the rest of the stuff you guys posted is the same old defensive bs showing your inability or unwillingness to use anything else than what you are currently using.
Linking videos does not impress me at all, and i can say the same about the attitude of your guildmembers.
/care

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Matt.7413

You guys massively out number us, as proven tonight, where ever we go we you guys are there with massive numbers.

I actually thought you were serious until i read this. Maybe you got me wrong, I was talking about the numbers your server can bring in a map, not the numbers YOUR GUILD can bring.
My guild can bring like 3 people in wvw atm so whatever gvg you guys are dreaming about it`s probably not going to happen.
As for the rest of the stuff you guys posted is the same old defensive bs showing your inability or unwillingness to use anything else than what you are currently using.
Linking videos does not impress me at all, and i can say the same about the attitude of your guildmembers.
/care

Tell you what, I’ll change the tactics of FURY when you wipe us, only seems fair does it not? And yes you do have the numbers to cover all the maps, so don’t give me that BS. We hardly have the numbers to cover all, as proven tonight. We hopped maps on numerous occasions, we just had the organisation to do it. Don’t come on here, saying that we only killed you because of culling, using that to our advantage. Its been a great match up so far, and you’re putting up a great resistance. Don’t ruin it.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Kaleygh.1524

Come on Matt, you know very well that outside of siege (which ignores the 5 player aoe cap) a turtle like the one you guys are running can only be wiped by another, bigger turtle at the moment. Sorry if I seemed rather aggressive in some of my posts, but i really dislike the “everyone`s a scrub except us” attitude (maybe you do not have that attitude, but others who posted seem to).
The tactic i keep blabbering about is a rather common trend in the higher tiers, and i cannot say i`m a big fan of it. It`s not fun to fight against and probably the fun for those using it will vanish after a while.
I`m not telling you what tactics to use or not use, it is up to you guys, as long as your guild members are happy and you guys are having fun together, it probably means you`re doing something right.
I won plenty of fights and i probably lost even more, but even when losing, i sometimes founds myself saying “that was one hell of a fight, we lost, but it was kitten fun”. I can`t say the same after i find myself downed by invisible enemies that render after i`m downed (and yes, i have a good computer, so it`s not because of that).
I honestly wish you guys all the best, and hope we`ll have a lot of fun battles/skirmishes in the future, small or large scale.
Best regards.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Matt.7413

Come on Matt, you know very well that outside of siege (which ignores the 5 player aoe cap) a turtle like the one you guys are running can only be wiped by another, bigger turtle at the moment. Sorry if I seemed rather aggressive in some of my posts, but i really dislike the “everyone`s a scrub except us” attitude (maybe you do not have that attitude, but others who posted seem to).
The tactic i keep blabbering about is a rather common trend in the higher tiers, and i cannot say i`m a big fan of it. It`s not fun to fight against and probably the fun for those using it will vanish after a while.
I`m not telling you what tactics to use or not use, it is up to you guys, as long as your guild members are happy and you guys are having fun together, it probably means you`re doing something right.
I won plenty of fights and i probably lost even more, but even when losing, i sometimes founds myself saying “that was one hell of a fight, we lost, but it was kitten fun”. I can`t say the same after i find myself downed by invisible enemies that render after i`m downed (and yes, i have a good computer, so it`s not because of that).
I honestly wish you guys all the best, and hope we`ll have a lot of fun battles/skirmishes in the future, small or large scale.
Best regards.

I can honestly say this mate, we use the turtle at occasions, and you may think that it is culling that is screwing you over, but i can tell you now, every time we have hit you guys, it is a chain of 2 veils, I am one of the leaders for FURY, and it is something we execute everytime before entering a battle. Now as for the turtles, we use it more in a defensive way, but we only ever use it when we believe to be out numbered. Me personally, I have a very aggressive way of playing WVW, the stronger the attack the stronger the defense.

Yes we turtle through attacks, but if you watch closely we turtle to re-stack might, place down water fields and blast them. As you said their has been some absolutely awsome fights, and coming of the back of last week where it was rather humiliating for us, a week like this is what we needed, not the winning, but to the point where we have decent fights where sometimes we lose and sometimes we win. I know exactly where you’re coming from though, I mean we as Aurora Glade has been their. We all play this game for fun at the end of the day, and we all have our way of playing it, either as guilds or players.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

To NP, LoE, rddt, KISS, AoA and everyone else who have been sieging our hills all evening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtmf_PTb7k

Haha. We made it a home in the end. Just took awhile whilst fighting the entire GH server

Watched ghostie’s video of the final lord fight… and saw my pm’s in it… she never did tell me who that guardian outside dawns was that laughed at me for not chasing them back to the keep… but you notice LoE werent in Hills at the end.

Was a laugh for awhile at Hills and we even helped you out once by coming in and attacking FS. Did ask what door our little quaggan lover wanted us to help at but again she didnt respond so we just helped make them run out the north gate like little girls. Before getting splattered by GH.

But the defense was brilliant, however we used poor tactics by just playing in the one keep and not worrying about the rest of the map. In end LoE just decided to play the distractors and hit Dawns so that you had to at least partially split up your force as 15 people can make a big difference. Not sure if pulling out the ones we did, or just that people got bored defending made the difference but that was when eventually got Hills but of course couldnt get Dawns

I do love the sheer stubborness and community of GH. Always is entertaining and score is meaningless in the end.

P.S.
For the FS player saying AG dont belong in this tier. You will find that we sit between tiers. Gandara etc above us have us outmanned everywhere, whereas this tier we have the upper number .. but with that said FS actually have alot of players also and are pretty much on our level of numbers. Like you we can put out players to hold our boarder to a degree, our part of EB, and have a decentish force elsewhere. However we have to focus our target and even primetime can be spread thin in enemy boarders.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Far Shiverpeaks was running wild on other maps, but forgot to leave scouts in their own borderlands, allowing our 5 man group to take fully reinforced and sieged Bay and Hills without much resistance. You never want to leave your own borderlands undefended, same goes for us.

I still see outmanned a lot for AG so our numbers can’t be that overwhelming. Haven’t had any queues recently. We have high points but overall our presence is nothing compared to what you will find in the higher tiers.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Far Shiverpeaks was running wild on other maps, but forgot to leave scouts in their own borderlands, allowing our 5 man group to take fully reinforced and sieged Bay and Hills without much resistance. You never want to leave your own borderlands undefended, same goes for us.

I still see outmanned a lot for AG so our numbers can’t be that overwhelming. Haven’t had any queues recently. We have high points but overall our presence is nothing compared to what you will find in the higher tiers.

Cool story, but next time you should check walls litle better
This is what i found at hills west wall (2cata’s and an AC)

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Cromwell.3971

Cromwell.3971

After last weeks heroics by FSP some of last nights play on our own borderland was a disaster (the 2 hours i played).
After we get wiped we run round like headless chickens back into a lost fight in small
groups only to die again and we are so predictable we take a supply camp and head to
the nearest keep gate and start pounding away.
The reason for this post is i see our opposition coming up with new tactics and ideas and we just do the same old same old (i am talking personnal none guild play) and we come on here and moan about other servers doing stuff that " isnt fun".
Well done Gunnars for showing us how not to attack a keep and i hope we learn from it and before any one from FSP says it- we were not out numbered,just out played.

Gelam (Ranger)FSP
Nilamus (warrior)

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Phetid.1802

Phetid.1802

Leading CHvc in WvW last night it was clear we needed to be in GH borderlands due to the inevitability of KISS being there. That we had Night Pact and LoE join in as well, and a showing from FSP, all made for a very interesting evening. I did not expect to have to spend all night in one keep.

I would like to commend my guild and all those Gunnar’s that were with us for the defence of Hills. It was the most dogged defending of any keep I have seen outside of one or two SM battles. We were constantly attacked on multiple fronts, conceded north and south outer gate, and had to fight like demons to protect inner. We faced golems, catas, balistas and three WvW focussed guilds.

To NP, KISS and LoE thanks so much for a wicked fun night. We were at times forced in to desperate sorties to try and push you back, to try and take out your siege, to do anything we could. That you guys never gave up and eventually took Hills I think is likewise worthy of praise.

I don’t care that we are down in ticks and will lose this match up. I think GH is a little out of their depth in this Tier. What I do care about is that we can still enjoy battles, and still have epic fights whether we win or lose. Last night was definitely epic.

To Night Pact – if you want to have a little friendly GvG can I suggest Friday evening, same place as before? Actual BL to be decided (probably AG)

Guild Leader – Cry Havoc (CHvc)

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Anfauglith.6715

Anfauglith.6715

Hi!

Im playing on AG and want to thank our foes for the great fights i had on Saturday at AG BL and while Capturing SM. At that time i had with others a “ad hoc wvw Training Session” held by Adda a Commander of UNTY Guild. At that time i learned so much about tactics and how to act and react in battles that i cant wait to use that new “wisdom” in the upcoming fightnights :P

To the FS guys at the Ressource Point south of Bay(sorry forgot name): Well i guess you thought we where nuts running in to right then left and out and back in right without really fighting you but hey it was moving training before we took it back.

To Adda of UNTY: Thanks for the fun i had. I hope you are hosting such a event again in the future then i join with my other toons =)

To GH: Well in the past i played on RoF and every time i was reading the thread guys of GH wrote about “GH’s outstanding communication and mobility” then RoF and other Servers said “GH had just numbers”. This time i cant hear anything about communication and mobility of GH but a guy says AG has more people. Hmm shouldnt you say then “AG and FS have outstanding communication and mobility”?. You lost the communication and your mobility or lost numbers this time? (sorry had to say this. If you want to check on it read the older Threads with RoF – GH – ..)

Anyway: I wish all combatants fun this week =)

Yours
Sami
- Mesmer/Guardian/Elem of AG

PS: I apologize for my bad english. If you find wrong spelling, phrases or whatever then feel free to flame but you should know that english is not my foreign language and i tried my best =)

anyone who can kill me is overpowered. Nerf all except me!

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

@Anfauglith – Really you are going to bring this up again??? The first 2 weeks we faced you we did not have superior numbers. The final week we did yes and we have admitted this before.

As to this matchup besides having us outnumbered, AG is communicating very well between its guilds and using solid tactics. The fights at hills this weekend was evident of this. NP, KISS and LOE were great at keeping our keeps starved of supplies and keeping us mostly bottled up in there to defend. I cringed everytime one of out outer defenses was destroyed cause the workers would use the little supply we had to rebuild it. >.< Props guys. Was really fun defending it

Can we put the past behind us and continue to have fun week?

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Anfauglith.6715

@Rhymelark.4396
Hi!

Yes i had to bring it back. Just to show those people how stupid it was what they said. If YOU didnt said it then you didnt have to feel attacked. Those guys showed a pride which made me spit my coffee. Well maybe the coming weeks will teach em of which things they can be proud.

Yours
Sami =)

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Great defense at hill’s!

I logged in in the middle of all of it, ran to hill’s to see what’s popping and saw NP constantly harassing Hill’s and finally break the west wall, that’s were a few LoE showed up and FS also to join in for the race for the inner..

good defenses, heavy aoe, well places siege kept us out for a few hours i believe, i went to dinner and when i came back the fight was still ongoing, KISS LoE NP and some other smaller groups all huddled together in the outer south point with constant supply runs and mesmer ports kept it going for a long time.. untill someone had the idea " Hey , how about we assault another gate?" so north inner it was.
If GH had a few more supplies at hand at that time i am sure they could have held us back, but fortunately the assaults of LoE on towers and camps spread the defenses thin and after destroying the siege being build behind the north gate was destroyed , we let out a sigh of relief for this was almost in the bag.
Yet GH’s defense in the lords room held out pretty well against big odd’s and still wiped 1/4 of our forces. when the cap came up another group of 10 GH made a last stand outside the lords room trying to push in on us. thankfully they got pushed back and the room was finally capped.

And so the hunt for those hiding thieves and mesmers began, big props to them for keeping loads of people occupied

The decision to defend Crag was a good call by GH, many of us got wiped there due to good defenses.

I wish we could defend like that, then again we are on the offensive most of the time.

Great stuff!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

I know mate i was only joking it wasn’t meant as a dig

As for you farming FSP and “leveling your alts”

Could you please confirm that you read the link I provided regarding Veil ? If you missed it then here it is again

If anything Anet fixing culling will help FURY as we have been victim to culling a few times.

Regarding the alts…..you tried to insult our low levels players first. If you arnt able to beat us with them in the raid then I’m not sure what you hope to achieve with a raid full of geared 80s ?

Anyway thanks for the fights tonight GH and FSP it’s been fun

Veil is actually creating culling for us in moments where everything was already loaded.
You run trough the veils and your models are wiped from our screen, when you attack you get to attack for 2 seconds while still being invisible because everything has to reload again. Not to mention the horrible framedrops of having to reload a 30ppl zerg again in the middle of a battle.
It’s fine if you use it to try and outflank a zerg bigger than you, but do you really find it necessary to use it against a 15ppl pug group when you have a 30ppl guild zerg?
It’s at moments like that that i really despise the use of meta tactics and guilds alltogether.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

@Rhymelark.4396
Hi!

Yes i had to bring it back. Just to show those people how stupid it was what they said. If YOU didnt said it then you didnt have to feel attacked. Those guys showed a pride which made me spit my coffee. Well maybe the coming weeks will teach em of which things they can be proud.

Yours
Sami =)

You seem still quite a bit annoyed by those losses.
Get over it and move on as you moved on a new server that can satisfy your thirst for a win against GH.
Calling people stupid is not very polite though but i can forgive you because as you said you do not speak english very well.
Also the phrase that the next week will teach us about which things will be proud of, shows that you had great teachers at AG.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

Veil is actually creating culling for us in moments where everything was already loaded.
You run trough the veils and your models are wiped from our screen, when you attack you get to attack for 2 seconds while still being invisible because everything has to reload again. Not to mention the horrible framedrops of having to reload a 30ppl zerg again in the middle of a battle.
It’s fine if you use it to try and outflank a zerg bigger than you, but do you really find it necessary to use it against a 15ppl pug group when you have a 30ppl guild zerg?
It’s at moments like that that i really despise the use of meta tactics and guilds alltogether.

Actually I think it is a very good habit to keep no matter what the odds you are fighting. Besides they can hardly be sure you are just 15 either because of the way culling is now.

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Anfauglith.6715

@Rhymelark.4396
Hi!

Yours
Sami =)

You seem still quite a bit annoyed by those losses.
Get over it and move on as you moved on a new server that can satisfy your thirst for a win against GH.
Calling people stupid is not very polite though but i can forgive you because as you said you do not speak english very well.
Also the phrase that the next week will teach us about which things will be proud of, shows that you had great teachers at AG.

Hello!

I guess you didnt want to understand me. I said that IT(not you)s stupid to be proud of something when you personally didnt done it. If you have huge amounts of people on the field and the other not than its nothing else as slapping little kids. Do you do that? And if you do: Would you be proud of it like your mateys did? I hope your answers are NO and if not i cant help you.
This is a game and loosing is ok for me. Unnecessary pride is NOT ok.
I didnt comment the other sentence cause i feel its like an insult you tried on me.

Anyway: PRIDE is something you can have for things you can be proud of. To have MORE PEOPLE is nothing you can be proud of.

Yours
Sami

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Props for a lot of good fights tonight. Was a lot of fun.
Also something general for FSP: don’t run so many roaming/glasscannon builds if you get to a group of more than 3 people.
Even tho I lost every small scale battle last week against Riverside and Gandara, I had surprisingly good odds in the battles against you this week.
I don’t know if they were pugs without any clue and tactic, but seemes that you aren’t geared for teamfights most of the time.

~ Gandara

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Bond.4602

Bond.4602

Leading CHvc in WvW last night it was clear we needed to be in GH borderlands due to the inevitability of KISS being there. That we had Night Pact and LoE join in as well, and a showing from FSP, all made for a very interesting evening. I did not expect to have to spend all night in one keep.

I would like to commend my guild and all those Gunnar’s that were with us for the defence of Hills. It was the most dogged defending of any keep I have seen outside of one or two SM battles. We were constantly attacked on multiple fronts, conceded north and south outer gate, and had to fight like demons to protect inner. We faced golems, catas, balistas and three WvW focussed guilds.

To NP, KISS and LoE thanks so much for a wicked fun night. We were at times forced in to desperate sorties to try and push you back, to try and take out your siege, to do anything we could. That you guys never gave up and eventually took Hills I think is likewise worthy of praise.

I don’t care that we are down in ticks and will lose this match up. I think GH is a little out of their depth in this Tier. What I do care about is that we can still enjoy battles, and still have epic fights whether we win or lose. Last night was definitely epic.

To Night Pact – if you want to have a little friendly GvG can I suggest Friday evening, same place as before? Actual BL to be decided (probably AG)

Phetid, I have to say I was there at the start of hills holding with some randoms, I was really impressed by Chvc, you guys came in and pushed them off us giving us a chance to get a bit of rest bite. Some excellent fighting by everyone there.

Also Just wanted to mention SoJ (think that was the guild tag), Was really impressed with there holding of Woodhaven last night, FS took the wall down and came streaming in and we managed to kick them right back out again, twice!!! (by we, I mean I watched whilst having a lay down during the first fight!!)

Admist everything some really good battles last night, thanks FS and AG. As someone else said I don’t mind how the score ends up was some excellents fights that were really enjoyable.

Skirr
37 WvW kills, R2 PvP and no legendary

(edited by Bond.4602)

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

samski.5194

Do you have a official link to somewhere saying that’s what veil does ? I would imagine the game renders us and then simply “turns off” our models for the few seconds we are stealth but we are still loaded on your game client…..I have no proof of this its just how i imagined it would work.

Perhaps the 2 seconds of us still being in stealth is due to the slightly different time our players cross the veil so we pop out at different times giving the impression of culling ? I know culling does happen as I have said and we do fall prey to it at times but it’s just a suggestion.

Personally if I was being attacked and couldn’t see my enemy I would start spamming CC to try slow them down as best I can, not all members will have stability so you might do some good.

Don’t take this the wrong way as it’s meant as a little bit of constructive criticism to help you lads. I’m not sure if GH have noticed this as well but when we have been running it has became apparent that FSP are terrible at leaving scouts around to pick up on incoming. Leaving one scout on your flanks will give you advanced warning to a group of enemy coming and give you time to get ready. if you place them far enough out the our veil tactic wont get us past them. Even when i’m running in PUG I scout and /t any information needed.

We have had one encounter with FSP where the zerg was so focused on what they were doing and not even looking at their surroundings it gave us time to fully buff up and attack them before they even noticed we were there.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

We have had one encounter with FSP where the zerg was so focused on what they were doing and not even looking at their surroundings it gave us time to fully buff up and attack them before they even noticed we were there.

thats the FSP pugzergs for ya XD
very frustrating when ur commanding it

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Nimue.9507

Nimue.9507

I actually think FSP are a good match for us AG, atm we are leading yes, but there are enough decent fights, and servers are able to push and take down upgraded towers from each other. GH just seems to be low on numbers compared to us two servers so it’s also effecting the dynamics, things might change to better or worse now weekend is over, we’ll have to see.
Keep it up boys and girls!

@Anfauglith
I don’t want to answer about past questions or discussions, I want to discuss about this week.
I think that both FS and AG are very good at organisation, communication and fighting. In the last week we fought and lost at the very end, this is a game and FS was better than us, so it’s right and I’ve had fun, it was amusing.
This week we can’t win… also Oren told this: we’ve outnumbered. We aren’t perfect, we can make mistakes, as for organisation and communication, it’s ok… but now the fact that everywhere we go we’re outnumbered is a reality, we’ve the little icon that says “outmanned”. During this night we had this icon both with AG and FS, so don’t talk if you don’t know it or if you talk only for past matters.
We can’t win but we’ll fight at our best and we’ll have fun with ours possibilities… so this night we lost Bravost and Langor, with 5 ppl at the defence… but we kept the keep fighting at our best and then we took back the others…

Our enemies are great either in organisation and in numbers, and we accept this… have fun together!

PS: Sorry if I make mistakes… xD

Arwen – Ele
Gunnar’s Hold

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Teutooni.9572

Teutooni.9572

I said that IT(not you)s stupid to be proud of something when you personally didnt done it.

For the last time I say this. The matchup that sparked this “superior mobility and organization” mantra was the first week of three with GH vs RoF vs WSR. We had just lost to RoF last matchup, and decided to have none of it anymore. So we organized, and we mobilized what we had. And we won that match. Simple as that. Back then we didn’t have any influx of people (except Impact, a 10ish people group). After that match we got some more people join us, TCS among them, but that first win we kitten well earned, and can be rightfully proud of. Sure 2nd and 3rd week especially were stomps, but not many were boasting then anymore.

We never said (or at least I didn’ think so) RoF or WSR were bad or had inferior organization. You had good guild groups running and decent commanders, NP and HxH to name some. The only thing we said we had superior organization and mobility compared to what we had the week before, to explain our success. The distinction might be easy to miss, but it is important.

Now let’s get back to the current matchup, shall we? I’m sure FSP and AG don’t give a kitten about GH’s past with RoF.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

@Anfauglith

Back when we were fighting RoF we had similar numbers to them but were able to win through really improving our own organisation and lots of hard work. At the time we were very proud of this, as I’m sure you can imagine.

Then several large guilds joined us and we became more about numbers – in the process we lost our ability to organise as well as we used to (I don’t think many here would deny that, though we’re trying to recapture that ability now).

We won a few matches purely through numbers, and now we’re in a tier where we’re both out-organised (due to losing the unity we had back in the first couple of weeks against RoF) AND out-numbered.

We’re trying as hard as we can, and lots of respect to both AG and FSP, it’s good to lose every now and then as it keeps you humble and teaches you what you can improve on. See you all on the field!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

samski.5194

Some Awesome fights at the south west supply camp in FSP BL for the past two hours

Starting to catch us up on points now!

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Seems the entire AG server is lost in the GH border judging by your numbers. The culling made tactics obsolete for the most part. Portal bombed what we thought were 15 guys turned out to be at the very least 30 but more likely 50. Needless to say we wiped…….

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Seems the entire AG server is lost in the GH border judging by your numbers. The culling made tactics obsolete for the most part. Portal bombed what we thought were 15 guys turned out to be at the very least 30 but more likely 50. Needless to say we wiped…….

Well, if it makes you feel any better…they had same numbers on our border attacking Bay while Xaoc was attackin Hills

Hello darkness, my old friend.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

You must not know that [KISS], [LoE] and a couple other guilds have and issue against Gunnar’s Hold seeing we used to be on that server. We were all very excited to see we’d be facing GH again.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

To be fair, LoE have no issue against GH. But we do know we will have good fun fights from them as well as we need to go there for Ghostie hunts

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

Well, if it makes you feel any better…they had same numbers on our border attacking Bay while Xaoc was attackin Hills

You should know that large group of xaoc transfered to Piken, then another group of xoac got angry and went seafarer to counter them since they are in same tier. Basicly mighty xaoc is mostly split in those 2 servers and only small amount remains on gunnar. I’m actually surprised how we are holding in this tier.

Gunnar’s Hold

AG-vs-GH-vsFsP

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

I played for a very short time tonight. Got trampled by AG zerg a couple of times when there was only a handful of us but in the two larger engagements where I took part AG lost both fights. Hoping to get to play more this week

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem