Are BP and AR teaming up?

in WvW

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

I just read a comment about this in LA /map. Isn’t this looked down upon? I have no plans to honor any form of this team up, for the record.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

unofficially, yes. all’s fair in WvW. you can read more about it in our match thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Tier-5-EB-BP-AR

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

I think they said, there are certain Guilds/Commanders that have agreed to work together. While on the other side there are also guilds that said they won’t support it.

The way I see it, as long as it gives us more of a fight I don’t care what they do. Now if only we could get them out o the towers and fighting in the open field.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

I hope AR and BP team up against EB considering EB destroyers both of them each week. The game was designed with 3 server to correct an unbalance of servers such as T5 experiences every week. IF AR and BP teaming make the fight more even then T5 is in a better place than it was before.

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Yes AR/BP are officially allied against Ebay.

Prolly the 1st 2 servers to just come out an admit it. Problem is AR is pretty much giving away any chances at 2nd place and if they keep it up will move down a tier eventually.

That being said both servers are still LOSING at this time. Ebay as a server is just a flat out better server. We aren’t winning with numbers….no we are winning because we are better players.

Thank you and keep up the double team b/c I, like the rest of my server, enjoy a tough fight.

peace

in WvW

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Prolly the 1st 2 servers to just come out an admit it. Problem is AR is pretty much giving away any chances at 2nd place and if they keep it up will move down a tier eventually.

That being said both servers are still LOSING at this time. Ebay as a server is just a flat out better server. We aren’t winning with numbers….no we are winning because we are better players.

Thank you and keep up the double team b/c I, like the rest of my server, enjoy a tough fight.

peace

You’re winning because S/Rekz. When the transfers were free, they got their jollies off by transferring and carrying servers, then hopping and doing it again.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

peace

You’re winning because S/Rekz. When the transfers were free, they got their jollies off by transferring and carrying servers, then hopping and doing it again.

Show us where Rekz rustled your jimmies

Attachments:

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

ebay has a higher population of a t4 server, but lacks the skill to actually get them there.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

ebay has a higher population of a t4 server, but lacks the skill to actually get them there.

skill has nothing to do with the bad glicko system rating system.

Attachments:

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I feel like I should be following T5 more closely.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

That thread is yummy…. I feel like it’s November 2012 all over again.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Wow this is great! This is something to be admired not looked down upon. WvW like it was meant to be.

Props to BP and AR for doing what many tiers should’ve done long ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

There’s definitely some issue with the Glicko system in this environment. I feel like a statistician could prove why it’s broken with some effort.

I mean Crystal Desert, the bottom of the 4th tier last week, got pretty well crushed by SOS but they went up slightly in rating because they slightly beat Stormbluff. Now Stormbluff is the new bottom tier 4th tier server, presently being crushed by SOS and beaten by CD but their rating will barely change because while they’re losing, they aren’t losing by enough to really move down.

So nobody in tier 4 is coming down to meet us in ratings.

And really, moving EB up to tier 4 isn’t going to help tier 4 any because I’m sure SOS will crush us just as badly as they’ve been crushing CD and SB.

CD vs SB vs EB would probably be an awesome matchup but that will never happen under the current Glicko setup.

There has to be a logical solution to this.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

No it’s not it’s encouraged for weaker severs to go against the stronger…also after you guys were bragging about your +695 tick can’t blame em

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

I feel like I should be following T5 more closely.

Can you send a rescue team while watching to get me out and back in Mag’s?

Honestly not much to watch mate same stuff that happens in Tier 3 just people being more vocal about it.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

I think the start of the reset kinda fired ebay up as the attention of both BP and AR were focused on them, likely resulting in a lot of excitement and staying up to repel the assaults and just transferred to conquering all the maps :P

If you suddenly had a large change in competition with it still being in your ability to handle, wouldn’t you be excited?

Still we’re tryin to fight the good fight and have fun fightin ‘em, hopefully they’re having a bit of fun as well :P

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

LMFAO AT EBAY “we are winning by skills, not numbers”

Says the outmanned buff in eternal for kittening 24/7 hours to your queues, and your guilds “FTF – PK – GH – Sekz” that drops AT LEAST 20ish on their rides while BP and AR only have their pugs to handle your guilds and queues. No, dream on. Your not winning by skills, not even close to skills, not even half of T4 servers skills. Ebay will get destroyed in tier 4 IF they reached it. Facts…

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

Actually, AR and BP are not “teaming up” outside of a special event a few nights ago where the two did work together to wipe EB off the Eternal map. That event lasted a few hours only.

I’ll let the commanders/guild leaders involved elaborate (or not) on any further “collaboration”. ;-)

And props to ALL servers, including EB, for partaking. It has made a stale matchup much more interesting, and definitely a shout out to all of EB. There’s no quit in those guys, and I think everyone is having a great time.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

(edited by Thorson.9218)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I heard Brolis Rock?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: sylpheedIIDX.5721

sylpheedIIDX.5721

Congratulations! This comment officially made me stupid.
The only server we transferred to while transfers were free was NSP. Please do enlighten me on the other servers we transferred to.

Lady Burr [Sekz] [Rekz] [qT] [DNA]
#1 puking quaggan

in WvW

Posted by: tiramisu.8706

tiramisu.8706

peace

Your ignorance on this is amusing.

You do know they’ve grown in numbers since coming to ebay? You do know they work with the big guilds of the server?

Keep telling yourself these things.

Did you know transfers stopped being free?

Transferring to NSP was free. Transferring to Ebay was 40g each.

Wokfoo, Rokkasaurus, Not Daddy of [Rekz]

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Says the outmanned buff in eternal for kittening 24/7 hours to your queues, and your guilds “FTF – PK – GH – Sekz” that drops AT LEAST 20ish on their rides while BP and AR only have their pugs to handle your guilds and queues. No, dream on. Your not winning by skills, not even close to skills, not even half of T4 servers skills. Ebay will get destroyed in tier 4 IF they reached it. Facts…

Nope its pure skills.

You are forgetting that AR+BP numbers are greater than our own.
I know its maddening that we’re beating the double team but

We’re just better….

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

There is no game rule at the moment that says servers cannot team up if they can make it work. In fact there were many posts regarding alliance in the WvW forum before. If 2 servers decide to go this route, it must mean that the top server in that tier is too OP to play with. I can think of reasons why people would support alliance in the current ranking approach.

1. There are a good number of pve people who want poi/vista in WvW. An OP server is on their way.

2. pve people take the convenience of bank/guild bank/mistic forge access in WvW. If they go there in order to find their major keeps with wp are lost most of the time, they have to go LA instead and spend money doing more long range wp later, which the cost would accumulate if the situation lasts for month.

3. The OP server might get their good fights as others mentioned before.

Anet is changing the ranking sooner or later, so hopefully they find a good way to balance fights without making the majorities (especially the pve people) suffer from the inbalance.

in WvW

Kalkz.5297

Nope its pure skills.

We’re just better….

No your not better, not at all lol

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Nope its pure skills.

We’re just better….

We are better, on so many levels that’s whats laughable. And having to fight your pathetic tower huggers and overtly poor skilled players is slowly sucking the life out of me. Your vast numbers of bads are actually dulling my skill set.

Please get better.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Momekic.8603

Momekic.8603

Nope its pure skills.

We’re just better….

We are better, on so many levels that’s whats laughable. And having to fight your pathetic tower huggers and overtly poor skilled players is slowly sucking the life out of me. Your vast numbers of bads are actually dulling my skill set.

Please get better.

So much wrong with EBay posters……You do have greater numbers, and you all are the ones that RvDoor with a super early morning crew to gain so many points. You also cannot take on someone unless you have at least a 3 to 1 advantage on them. Good Job RvDoor pros.

No matter what you say on the forums you can’t refute that which is true. I’ll leave it at that.

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrangea.6014

Hydrangea.6014

If you suddenly had a large change in competition with it still being in your ability to handle, wouldn’t you be excited?

this x100. AR and BP tag-teaming Ebay has been very enjoyable. we’ve been stuck with each other for awhile now, and I think players from all 3 servers know the T5 hierarchy.

I much rather prefer fighting against BPAR, getting pushed on our home borderlands, struggling in EBG (on fri/sat atleast), than the usual 3-way brawl where Ebay and BP are eating up AR for easy points.

maybe one day, BPAR can drag us down to 2nd place. i look forward to spawning by Valley keep, attacking Lowlands keep. or maybe the next time ebay pops up to T4, BPAR can give a warm welcome to the T5 visitor.

i guess i’m just sick of playing green

Herby May – Ehmry Bay
[SLVR] [blb]

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I leave T5 for a month and EB has become the new “Blackhate” kitten server? C’mon guys, get some class.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Nope its pure skills.

We’re just better….

Please get better.

So much wrong with EBay posters……You do have greater numbers, and you all are the ones that RvDoor with a super early morning crew to gain so many points. You also cannot take on someone unless you have at least a 3 to 1 advantage on them. Good Job RvDoor pros.

No matter what you say on the forums you can’t refute that which is true. I’ll leave it at that.

I spent 5 hours prime time 7-12(eastern) with 6-9 of my guild in AR borderlands. 4 of those hours with the outmanned buff. As a group we took the 3 south camps and two towers. We never had a three-one advantage.

Your bad. And bad is bad. Sorry for your e-tears.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

lol@ this thread….

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: sylpheedIIDX.5721

sylpheedIIDX.5721

So much wrong with EBay posters……You do have greater numbers, and you all are the ones that RvDoor with a super early morning crew to gain so many points. You also cannot take on someone unless you have at least a 3 to 1 advantage on them. Good Job RvDoor pros…

Congratulations! This post also made me lose brain cells.

Here are some points I’d like to make:
-EBay pvdooring late night is no different from when BP/AR day caps while people are at work/school/having affairs with a pool boy.
-Kalkz used to pvdoor in the early mornings back when EBay didn’t have an early morning crew. Any complaints about that?
-Can’t take on someone unless we have a 3 to 1 advantage? That’s funny, I remember there being occasions where a group of 10-15 Sekz/Rekz members would scare off AR or BP groups triple our size, simply because they saw our guild tag.
-What I’m trying to say is, your point about having an advantage to take on someone is irrelevant because BP and AR are doing it as well. Hence the topic of this thread.
-RvDoor = RamvDoor? I didn’t know flame rams can operate themselves.
-Pizza is delicious. Anyone who disagrees can go eat a burger… Which are also delicious.

Anyway, I think it’s safe to say that we should all just let this thread die and bring the QQ’ing from all 3 servers back to its own thread. Just saying.

Lady Burr [Sekz] [Rekz] [qT] [DNA]
#1 puking quaggan

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

We aren’t winning with numbers….no we are winning because we are better players.

Lets follow your logic.

Week 9. Ebay lost to better players, T4.

Week 8 Ebay lost to better players, T4.

Week 7 Ebay lost to better players, T4.

Week 2 Ebay lost to better players, T4.

etc.

It would appear your Better Players, aren’t good enough for T4.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

I hope AR and BP team up against EB considering EB destroyers both of them each week. The game was designed with 3 server to correct an unbalance of servers such as T5 experiences every week. IF AR and BP teaming make the fight more even then T5 is in a better place than it was before.

T5 would be a better place with 3 evenly matched servers, not a lopsided matchup like we’ve got. A 2v1 alliance makes it tougher for the 3rd to get out of the tier to where it belongs.

We aren’t winning with numbers….no we are winning because we are better players.

Lets follow your logic.

etc.

-K

Maybe you missed the part about three months in between then and now. The servers we fought then are in T3, not T4. Who’s to say we won’t be a competitor against the new competition in T4?

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Well Kodiack, I wouldn’t actually go there, considering everytime our server sees your guys, all we can joke about in TS is “Ooo, free loot bags and WXP!” I’ll be honest, until this alliance, we never saw a group of BP as much of a threat. Now however, we know the second we see you guys we may see AR not far behind hitting elsewhere on the same map. It’s keeping us on our toes, and for that EB thanks you, for letting us pull out our full power without regrets.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Kalkz.5297

Nope its pure skills.

We’re just better….

Please get better.

1.You’re a T4 Loser
2. You outman us
3. you’re terrible
4. You outman us
5. you’re terrible
6. You’re a T4 Loser

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

T5 would be a better place with 3 evenly matched servers, not a lopsided matchup like we’ve got. A 2v1 alliance makes it tougher for the 3rd to get out of the tier to where it belongs.

Lets follow your logic.

etc.

-K

Maybe you missed the part about three months in between then and now. The servers we fought then are in T3, not T4. Who’s to say we won’t be a competitor against the new competition in T4?

I love how you said, competitor, instead of winning T4. If you aren’t winning your losing and that makes my statement valid.

Unless of course you want to make a statement here and now that Ebay will win T4 when next they visit. Well?

-K

-K

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Well Kodiack, I wouldn’t actually go there, considering everytime our server sees your guys, all we can joke about in TS is “Ooo, free loot bags and WXP!” I’ll be honest, until this alliance, we never saw a group of BP as much of a threat. Now however, we know the second we see you guys we may see AR not far behind hitting elsewhere on the same map. It’s keeping us on our toes, and for that EB thanks you, for letting us pull out our full power without regrets.

My sig trolls again!

-K

-K

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Then doesn’t that make your server a loser going on 3 months now, Kodiack? Don’t throw out this logic if you don’t want it being thrown back in your face, btw. Because personally, I think you and AR are doing good jobs.

[hS]

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

I love how you said, competitor, instead of winning T4. If you aren’t winning your losing and that makes my statement valid.

Unless of course you want to make a statement here and now that Ebay will win T4 when next they visit. Well?

-K

Can’t say until we try. Won’t know until we do.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Man I thought it might be fun to go up against the T5 servers. But I don’t know now…

Y’all must’ve got some Mag transfers at some point.

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

Man I thought it might be fun to go up against the T5 servers. But I don’t know now…

Y’all must’ve got some Mag transfers at some point.

Other way around. Ebay was a pseudo-bandwagon server for a little while, but at least 8 guilds hopped ship. Three to Mag, one to Yaks, and the rest are DB’s current night force. Mag got the good one though. The Shadowmoon was no joke on our server, and I have no doubt that they’ve only got better during their time on Mag.

in WvW

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The amount of Borlis Rock whining astonish me.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

The amount of Borlis Rock whining astonish me.

They do it quite a lot on our thread. You get used to it, along with the chest thumpers on all sides.

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

But you got to admit, you never know what you’ll get when you enter the T5. Its always exciting.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in WvW

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

Please get better.

1.You’re a T4 Loser
2. You outman us
3. you’re terrible
4. You outman us
5. you’re terrible
6. You’re a T4 Loser

I guess I can’t argue that. I mean CoF did transfer over that Tuesday or Wednesday night of that last week we were in T4 I think. But either way it was a welcomed change from where we were. At this point I wouldn’t care who we fight as long they prefer to fight in the open field instead of tower hugging.

You gotta define that better. While we may have out manned you overall. The only time we didn’t have the out manned buff in AR BL lastnight was when PK(I think) came in for 30 minutes then went somewhere else.

Terrible? Really? I suppose I’ve lost my edge. You can’t really learn to get better when everything you fight is so far beyond sub-par. You should get better so we can then get better, and adding 10 more people to follow you around doesn’t make you better.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

They do it quite a lot on our thread. You get used to it, along with the chest thumpers on all sides.

This is our thread at this point.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in WvW

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

How do you know that and by what margin? I am unaware of the ability to gauge populations outside of Anet’s classification of High, Med, Low, etc.

It feels like EBay has at least twice as many active WvWer’s as many as either BP or AR.

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

We in Crystal Desert have fought Ebay before, nothing special. They do need to be in our tier, and sbi in yours…but it is very close. I think Ebay has more even coverage from what I remember. SBI coverage is very spiky.

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s simple Dio…there’s a cap for how many players each side can have. So if AR and BP are both ganging up on us, and assuming AR is at half capacity and BP is at full capacity, you’re outnumbering us by 50%.

[hS]

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

We in Crystal Desert have fought Ebay before, nothing special. They do need to be in our tier, and sbi in yours…but it is very close. I think Ebay has more even coverage from what I remember. SBI coverage is very spiky.

We’ve got a night crew now and a lot more of our pugs have joined guilds. While we may not have a larger WvW population, it’s definitely more organized. I honestly would like a match with CD again. You guys were always fun to share a matchup thread with, and I feel things would be a lot more challenging this time around.