Gandalf Vs Far Shiverpeaks Vs Arborstone?

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Okay.. well… this is stange. Diusis trying to get off our alts but with queues being horrendous Otherwise… kitten kale dat retal!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yorin.6934

Yorin.6934

But is it real Arborstone or is it a misspelled Underworld?

in Match-ups

Posted by: natzmc.2895

natzmc.2895

ah Le French! Le Blobs!

in Match-ups

Posted by: el matadore.3852

el matadore.3852

a strange match up! we hope it’s gonna be a fair fight, and that we don’t beat ab (or gandalf :p ) to mutch up.

Far Shiverpeaks-De rode ridder
Dragons In Exile[DIE]- get lucky[Punk]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

Wow arborstone got a pretty lousy deal out of the random match ups : /

Wish there was a /sorry emote, feel pretty lousy everytime i kill you guys.

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

WTB AG back =(

Feel sorry for you Arbor, gonna be a long week due to a rediciouls matchup system…

VoTF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Gandara come back, Anet does want us together, LOVE BACK!!!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eolehyene.9084

Eolehyene.9084

WTB AG back =(

Feel sorry for you Arbor, gonna be a long week due to a rediciouls matchup system…

I’m happy to find you again guys!

[Tz] Warrior
“Come on hit me, hit me, please, some more,
While my team pounds you into the floor.”

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

Arbor may be outmanned but their Determination shows. RTC in EB, you just kept coming at us in Jerri’s and didn’t give up and in the end got us. I wont say good fights or anything against Arbor since quite frankly for you guys it probably sucked bad.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Yay, another trash match up. PvDoor, here we come!

I would prefer AG over this nonsense as well, lots of fun duels with them.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

FSP, despite losing, waiting for us in Valley, in EBG, in the Lord room, was hilarious.

10/10 would fight again

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raeyne.5086

Raeyne.5086

WTB AG back =(

Aww Robin! We are looking forward to finding XxX again, for sure!

I should be back in the game properly after next week, so we can share stories then! :p

We were quite excited when it was AG – FSP – Gandalf, it’s a shame they got reshuffled. I sure it won’t be too long before we get to go at each others throats again though

And while I’m here, hey Lloantix!

Commander Taranius Vier – Guardian
Leucetius Vier – Necromancer | Adiella Vier – Ranger
Proudly representing The Unlikely Plan [TUP] on Aurora Glade.

in Match-ups

Esprit Dumort.3109

Thanks to a persevering and sleep depriving commander (Guinivere), we took over EBG, and as someone stated, ‘painted the town red’.

We don’t do this often, so I feel like this deserves a little showing off.

Props to FSP for holding out as long as you did in Langor. You kept us back the whole time.

Attachments:

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Thanks to a persevering and sleep depriving commander (Guinivere), we took over EBG, and as someone stated, ‘painted the town red’.

We don’t do this often, so I feel like this deserves a little showing off.

Props to FSP for holding out as long as you did in Langor. You kept us back the whole time.

Ya, gratz on taking our last tower :p.. We couldn’t do much so tried to stall u guys with what we got xD..
I’m a sportive competitive guy and rly congratz u for taking EB like that!

Was in hospital for 3 weeks and when i came on, I only saw Langor was ours.. i was like wtf why did I deserve this? Q_Q

I feel bad for Arbor server though, didn’t saw them yet but I see enough on map and points..

If anyone from Arbor is reading this, I rly feel sorry for you guys but I’m hoping to see some nice fights! Mostly I’m roaming with small group so maybe we see you guys for honest duel to meet ya guys (never fought against u)!

Gl to all and be safe!

Gz

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’m not really keen on this matchup. It’s great to see FSP again but, from what I’ve seen thus far, Arborstone just don’t have the numbers to really break out and bring the fight to Gandalf and FSP. It’s just not very fair and I wouldn’t be surprised if Abor are really struggling to make fun for themselves. I hope the rest of the matchup isn’t so ludicrously unbalanced as it is right now.

Did have some great fights with both Arbor and FSP in Arbor Bay inner this morning though. Especially fun fighting an FSP glassy Mesmer who completely caught me off guard in Bay but then lost spectacularly to my downed state mastery :-P

Gandara

(edited by Simonoly.4352)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

No Arbor doesn’t have anything against us. Sure, it’s great for bag farming and WXP ranking, but practically they just aren’t matched right :/

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Especially fun fighting an FSP glassy Mesmer who completely caught me off guard in Bay but then lost spectacularly to my downed state mastery :-P

Lol.

May I ask what class you are playing? ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

nice to see u again FSP
gl arborstone. just to ask. u have roamers?

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I dont want to be mean on AS, we fight them few weeks. And they are good opponents.
But they have one big problem. After weekend their numbers are about 1/3 of what they have on weekend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eolehyene.9084

Eolehyene.9084

nice to see u again FSP
gl arborstone. just to ask. u have roamers?

Yes, but not enough.

Guys, stop feeling sorry, it’s the game. And honestly i prefer fight 2 hard servers than being in T9 (where we should be with the old matching system). I’m sure we can do good fights and have some fun this week.

Don’t think we’re just free loot bags, or you will have some surprise.

Again, i’m glad to see gandara again, i liked fighting you when we were on AR, so i’m sure i will enjoy this matchup.

[Tz] Warrior
“Come on hit me, hit me, please, some more,
While my team pounds you into the floor.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Always look on the bright side

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

natzmc.2895

I am not asking this to start a flame war, its a genuine question, I thought as a server Gandara were against blobbing? Like as a rule of thumb.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ciuffo.6384

Ciuffo.6384

at reset, after some hilarious incident (including killing people of our own server who become “FSP invaders” we were able to put up some decent fights until Gandara arrived in full force.
On Arborstone there were Dius, IC, XXX and few pugs.
As long as the numbers were even we defended ourselves, but afterwards Gandalf showed its muscles and we were dead meat :-)

/bow to Arb, they may have not the numbers but they put up some nice fights.

in the end is nice to be again in a blobless match up.

Ciuffo
GM and Commander of Leoni Bianchi [Lion]
Piken Square

in Match-ups

jaimy.4108

I am not asking this to start a flame war, its a genuine question, I thought as a server Gandara were against blobbing? Like as a rule of thumb.

Gandara is a server with multiple guild oriented wvws. But also a very pug based server, and there is always somewere a possible commander who enjoys running with a blob of pugs, cant so something about that.

You might have been on the wrong border but I am sure you will come across the guild, though occasionally it can occur they come across eachother as well, after we always split our path after.

VoTF

in Match-ups

natzmc.2895

Ah no I know you have a lot of wvw guilds, and ofcourse pugs tend to blob (the is a gandara pug blob on fsp border for example) and FSP is similar, has wvw guilds but also pugs who follow a commander so no one can help that, I was more asking that in general that’s your ethos

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

at reset, after some hilarious incident (including killing people of our own server who become “FSP invaders” we were able to put up some decent fights until Gandara arrived in full force.
On Arborstone there were Dius, IC, XXX and few pugs.
As long as the numbers were even we defended ourselves, but afterwards Gandalf showed its muscles and we were dead meat :-)

/bow to Arb, they may have not the numbers but they put up some nice fights.

in the end is nice to be again in a blobless match up.

Aye we clashed even numbers a few times, that was nice.
However to deal with Kales numbers alone (Kale I’d estimate 30-35?(This isn’t an “BLOBBERZ” type post, you guys just fielded a nice force today ), Dius’s 14 didn’t quite cut it. So us and XxX started working together to flank and stuffs them however there was also chance occasions we all ended up in one spot reacting to a single attack. Hopefully we’ll be more spread and have less queues for the rest of the week

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

If I look at the current numbers Arbor does a good job. They are quite close to FSP. If Arbor can continue they will collect a lot of points. FSP currently seems to have problems to hold their points.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

So far I have to say, that this is a bit of a boring match up. I actually had a lot more fun when we were losing in T4, compared being in the lead by almost twice as many points, in this match up. Hopefully next week will be better match ups for all.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Match-ups

Sirendor.1394

To answer this properly, gandara has 2 maior groups of people.

First there are the ‘big’ guilds such as Dius, XxX, DYE, WvW & Yak. The big guilds are usually rolling over the map taken towers and keeps alike with forces of up to ~30.
As of now XxX is not a big guild. [See Nem 01/06/2013 2pm]

Second there are smaller guilds who run with 5-10 people. The smaller guilds usually run apart, taking small towers, camps, sentries and dolyaks, while fighting other server’s small forces too (I’m mostly speaking for my guild and a few others I know of).
Yesterday cause of the reset there were a bit too many zergs on the maps to go with 5-10, so I guess most small guilds joined in with the bigger ones (like we did).

There are also PUG’s, but those usually aren’t a lot and they have near to no impact.

I hope we can continue the match-up without too much blobbing.

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

Wildcreek Post, you were a good home to us for most of this morning. We salute you.

in Match-ups

jaimy.4108

To answer this properly, gandara has 2 maior groups of people.

First there are the ‘big’ guilds such as Dius, XxX, DYE, WvW. The big guilds are usually rolling over the map taken towers and keeps alike with forces of up to ~30.

We are the big guilds? We dont even have 30 members =p We run with about about 15 people with luck we can get close to 20 people on the field, but it is rare

VoTF

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

XxX big guild?we run with 15/17 ppl max lol

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in Match-ups

Sirendor.1394

Saw you guys yesterday with 20+… italians can’t count

in Match-ups

Esprit Dumort.3109

I think you got a good answer to this above, but I’ll add my view.

We don’t have any rule that is anti-blob. As mentioned we are originally a PvE server with a halfway decent WvW team thanks to the presence of some strong guilds. We have a lot of pugs which tends to generate bigger groups, at least in EBG. We don’t, for example, bounce around our BL’s, like Abbadon’s Mouth, with super-zergs.

What you saw yesterday on EBG was a bit atypical. We had no larger guilds roaming, so majority were pugs, and with the success we were having, the ball grew to proportions we don’t normally witness. Towards the end, when we had 90% of the map, we were back down to a “reasonable” 30-40 group.

We might blob more if more players weren’t simply following their own agenda. So instead, we get people chasing roamers, or engaging gate gaurds, or frolicking with some Rams in WvW PvE. Thus, our blob potential falls apart rapidly.

Unfortunately I have some errands to run so I won’t be able to hop in EBG for a few hours yet. I’ll see y’all soon though.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Match-ups

Sirendor.1394

Oh yeah, want to add, respect to the FSP mesmer on Arborstone BL yesterday who was near isle all the time. He gave us quite the show, though a bit too bad he stealthed so much.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

we was 15 at the start of the evening and 17 near the end:/

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in Match-ups

jaimy.4108

We dont have to count, we have a guild roster todo this for us =p We had 16 people + 1 guest.

And I know Italians cant count past 10, but I am Dutch and have the ability to count to 20!!!

VoTF

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

Its all relative really, your one of the biggest guild groups on gandara. Offhand only Yak and WvW seem larger. Hell he put us down as one of the large ones too and we probably average around 15 (though our numbers bounce around a lot).

As for the blobbing question, a lot of us try to avoid it because we find it extremely dull.
Last week fighting multiple guild groups all hanging around on the same spot our guild groups had to double up a bit to flank and whatnot from different sides. Theres probably some leftovers on that front with us doing it in situations that dont really warrant it.
Theres pretty much always a pug blob on some map somewhere every day too.

We have blobs dont think any of us are naive enough to say otherwise. We hope that if your looking to avoid fighting the blob then you can find some fun elsewhere though

[Dius]

in Match-ups

Posted by: woomera.9841

woomera.9841

Offhand only Yak and WvW seem larger. Hell he put us down as one of the large ones too and we probably average around 15 (though our numbers bounce around a lot).

We have ran with 40+ on [DYE] but in the last few weeks I’ve refused to take that amount of ppl with me.

Have been training in smaller groups (10-15) just to make it interesting.

Here’s an example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpZ7iMpPR5c

Have a great summer everyone!

[DYE] Guild Leader & Commander Gandara EU
W Oo M Era Fo Sho // Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/user/DyeGW2

(edited by woomera.9841)

in Match-ups

KinkyWarrior.1879

WTB AG back =(

Aww Robin! We are looking forward to finding XxX again, for sure!

I should be back in the game properly after next week, so we can share stories then! :p

We were quite excited when it was AG – FSP – Gandalf, it’s a shame they got reshuffled. I sure it won’t be too long before we get to go at each others throats again though

And while I’m here, hey Lloantix!

Heya Addy! Hope you have fun in your matchup :P

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Match-ups

Posted by: cufta.7309

cufta.7309

For those of you who would kill a guy in a 1v50 fight and after laugh at him please for the love of God quit playing wvw….You know who you are,you know that you can’t do anything on your own,you know that you are making game worse for many others and you know that you usualy quit the game before getting killed.its not only on these 3 servers its anywhere….you guys are truly the worst scrubs ever.So please do yourself a favor and avoid getting hated by everyone…just quit

in Match-ups

Sirendor.1394

Its all relative really, your one of the biggest guild groups on gandara. Offhand only Yak and WvW seem larger. Hell he put us down as one of the large ones too and we probably average around 15 (though our numbers bounce around a lot).

As for the blobbing question, a lot of us try to avoid it because we find it extremely dull.
Last week fighting multiple guild groups all hanging around on the same spot our guild groups had to double up a bit to flank and whatnot from different sides. Theres probably some leftovers on that front with us doing it in situations that dont really warrant it.

We have blobs dont think any of us are naive enough to say otherwise. We hope that if your looking to avoid fighting the blob then you can find some fun elsewhere though

The point wasn’t to have exact numbers of how many players you can drop into wvw each evening, it was just a rough draft, cause you are obviously bigger in your number of WvW players than other guilds in Gandara. (I’m not spying on your guilds ).
Even so the gross of Gandara’s players are brought up by these guilds, and the countless smaller guilds I didn’t call by name.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Especially fun fighting an FSP glassy Mesmer who completely caught me off guard in Bay but then lost spectacularly to my downed state mastery :-P

Lol.

May I ask what class you are playing? ^^

Another Mesmer. When I say “lost spectacularly to my downed state mastery” I say so with my tongue pressed firmly against my cheek. I just spammed the kitten out of my downed skills and hoped for the best. The unpredictability of Deception means you have no idea what will happen when you go down as a Mesmer. This makes it most entertaining XD

Gandara

in Match-ups

FrouFrou.4958

Aws FSV duderos, why did your whole guild jump on my guildie mesmer’s body @ ogrecamp in EB? It was only few of us versus your guild group + pugs you had with you so there wasn’t much glory in that fight anyways. If it was Osicat’s body on the ground, I’d have prolly joined you but since it wasn’t.. I can only ask why did you do it?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Aws FSV duderos, why did your whole guild jump on my guildie mesmer’s body @ ogrecamp in EB? It was only few of us versus your guild group + pugs you had with you so there wasn’t much glory in that fight anyways. If it was Osicat’s body on the ground, I’d have prolly joined you but since it wasn’t.. I can only ask why did you do it?

Could be because of your scrubby 5 man gank team doing the same to soloers.
But what do i know…
PS – did it burn ?

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in Match-ups

Posted by: KaMiKaZe.1874

KaMiKaZe.1874

You killed our queen, we had to get some form of justice for that :P + we hate your portals portals here portal there :P so annoying =)

72.000 Kills in WvW
Leader of [DiVa]Dius Vanguard
FSV + Dius = DiVa

in Match-ups

Posted by: Limm.8401

Limm.8401

He hurt our Queen. We served vengance swiftly. Nobody hurts our Queen.

Kitty Rages; 55k

in Match-ups

FrouFrou.4958

But what do i know…
PS – did it burn ?

Talking about actual jumping on top of a body that’s on the ground, not ganking and killing us. [JDGE]‘s super bad scrubby ganking team only jumps and /dances if it’s someone from [lion] guild, but if you bump into our “that Russian thing” engineer with ugly hat, he’ll most likely do some more hurtful things as he lives off of vodka and has never seen a sober day. During one of our guild raids we found him humping a magic find banner. Anyways, going too much offtopic here! No, it didn’t burn as FSV didn’t get me, was just wondering as FSV has always been a well respected guild, known for their fair play and good behaviour. First time saw them jumping and teabagging so was rather curios what made them do it. That’s all. Sorry to disappoint you :>

Either way, I apologize for making the Queen tank the floor and I can only promise that it will mayhaps happen again, as we don’t believe in monarchy but in communism. Heads will roll! VIVA LA CRAB!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

But what do i know…
PS – did it burn ?

Talking about actual jumping on top of a body that’s on the ground, not ganking and killing us. [JDGE]‘s super bad scrubby ganking team only jumps and /dances if it’s someone from [lion] guild, but if you bump into our “that Russian thing” engineer with ugly hat, he’ll most likely do some more hurtful things as he lives off of vodka and has never seen a sober day. During one of our guild raids we found him humping a magic find banner. Anyways, going too much offtopic here! No, it didn’t burn as FSV didn’t get me, was just wondering as FSV has always been a well respected guild, known for their fair play and good behaviour. First time saw them jumping and teabagging so was rather curios what made them do it. That’s all. Sorry to disappoint you :>

Either way, I apologize for making the Queen tank the floor and I can only promise that it will mayhaps happen again, as we don’t believe in monarchy but in communism. Heads will roll! VIVA LA CRAB!

It was just a joke really, and should be taken as such
And sorry for my (terrible) attempt at trolling (the “burn” thing)
Had some good fights today against Gandara, lets hope it continues.
PS- your engi sounds awesome, can we have him ?

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in Match-ups

Caid.4932

The point wasn’t to have exact numbers of how many players you can drop into wvw each evening, it was just a rough draft, cause you are obviously bigger in your number of WvW players than other guilds in Gandara. (I’m not spying on your guilds ).
Even so the gross of Gandara’s players are brought up by these guilds, and the countless smaller guilds I didn’t call by name.

Oh i didn’t take offense or anything. I presume 15 probably looks like a lot to the 5 you tend to run anyway. Always nice to be namechecked anyway lol, nice ego boost.

[Dius]