Grabbing bags is annoying in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Yeah, what the hell is up with that? Wooden chest shows up and all I get is either a slab of red meat or some hooves. I thought ANet said they fixed this.

Or worse : you fight enemies then you see a wooden chest, but oh no you get killed. Knowing that a wooden chest might contain something good, you try to come back to get it, even if you have to die. Then, on your last breath you manage to pick it up before being killed and you get

Nothing…That’s more than frustrating.

in WvW

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

Note: Dolyak chests can drop supply. I was shocked when I discovered that.

My personal peeve is when a beg drops as I’m jumping off a wall. It’s then hanging in midair and I have no way of getting to it… I just know that one had a precursor in it

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

in WvW

Posted by: Obelith.1365

Obelith.1365

Agreed. We need to figure out how we want to handle this, however, so I can’t say when we’ll do something about it or what the nature of the solution will be.

One of the best solutions you could do is rather than having bags drop – have them moved to a Cabinet Container (e.g. Heart of the Mists style) which a player can then grab at a later point. You could even have the inventory in that cabinet decay after timer period; say this period is anywhere from 4 hours to 6 hours. So a player can simply grab their cabinet rewards after heading back to spawn for repair or moving to another BL.

On that same note: I’d love to have an “interact” button not be a global “use” button. Having to pick up an object, only to have it blocked by an NPC dialog or spamming man/unman a siege object is just aggravating to no end.

Serathis – Elementalist
WvW Enthusiast.
[KnT] – BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Why people complain about chests, I always loot supply with them. Maybe you having max supply when you loot them?

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Agreed. We need to figure out how we want to handle this, however, so I can’t say when we’ll do something about it or what the nature of the solution will be.

Don’t change it :o, collecting bags is awesome. I love to look behind me at the end of a battle and see 20-30 bags behind me. And it really ain’t hard to pick em up while fighting. Bags is 1 of the reasons I love WvW.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Ayusaki.6739

Ayusaki.6739

I think that having a “Cash Out” type NPC at the spawn point would be a possible solution to this matter.

How it will work would be that a player racks up points that equal their kills. Badges would have their own currency in which they would function as they do now; a random chance to be looted, but this time automatically. Upon visiting this NPC, he would say “Holy crap! You’ve killed 240 guys this round, a new record!” At this point the server would roll it’s dice of random, and play the RNG game, and spit out the loot you would normally have gathered from bags. He could also double as a merchant, which you could sell it right back to if you so choose.

Hopefully this is a viable type of system which could be implemented.

Just noticed this proposition was already posted. Quoting in hopes that our similar ideas get noticed.

One of the best solutions you could do is rather than having bags drop – have them moved to a Cabinet Container (e.g. Heart of the Mists style) which a player can then grab at a later point. You could even have the inventory in that cabinet decay after timer period; say this period is anywhere from 4 hours to 6 hours. So a player can simply grab their cabinet rewards after heading back to spawn for repair or moving to another BL..

[KnT] Kuliya/Kessumi/Kiyuu/Hit My Zerg Not Me

(edited by Ayusaki.6739)

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

Make it a WXP upgrade to (really) autoloot, then people can decide if they continue to enjoy picking up bags. I know that would be the first thing I invest in.

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Lepew.7890

Lepew.7890

Solution: Auto loot to your inventory 10s after spawning a bag you did not yet pick up, if you are alive. Also put guild symbol on the corpse of the foe you killed.

This means you have to survive to loot, but you don’t have to quit WvWing to hunt for those bags that wedged into that crack over there on the hill you just jumped down. It also helps those people who like to brag about kills, because they can pan around, hit a screenshot, and post to the WvW forum here proof that your guild trashed a zerg. This is better than bags because it shows the guild who rolled them, and therefore has greater troll value on the forums.

McDingus – DDLG guild – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

The best solution imho:

Loot is either automatically picked up after it appears at a players feet OR it automatically appears in the players inventory after they get a kill that awards loot. In either case the item’s icon will appear at the side of the screen to show that the player has acquired the item(s). If the player’s inventory is full, the loot bag will appear at the players feet as it does now and they will have to pick it up after making space in their inventory.

This solution shouldn’t require any extreme alterations to the current loot system (as far as I know at least), but will allow the players to focus on tactics rather than loot bags. They will still be responsible for clearing the inventory on occasion to prevent it from filling up, but that isn’t a terrible inconvenience (especially compared to tracking down loot bags in battle).

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Put a mini pet in the store that sells for 2k gems. This mini pet picks up all your bags automagically. You would have a gold mine with this.

2k is too much xD

But if they do implement a mini pet that can pick up all my bags automagically, I’d like that mini pet to be in a form of a Poring or any Poring family (Drops, Poporing, Marin, Angeling, Deviling, Arc Angeling, etc).

Attachments:

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

lol yeah it’s like picking up breadcrumbs. But guys, it’s totally worth the effort, I opened the heavy lootbags yesterday (had like 40 sitting in my bags) and got 1 corrupted lodestone a, 1 corrupted core and a charged lodestone out of it.The heavy lootbags u get,give better stuff now…almost like the heavy moldy bags in pve.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Why people complain about chests, I always loot supply with them. Maybe you having max supply when you loot them?

Two reasons:

1) The chest is the same model that appears when you have a rare or better drop. It looks like it’s going to have good loot, in other words.

2) If you are carrying more than 10 supply, picking up the dolyak chest containing 5 supply will reset yours to the 10, effectively stealing supply rather than giving it. This is a bug, of course, and hopefully will be fixed soon.

Supply is hardly a rare drop, having it appear in the rare loot chest is an oversight at best, kinda trollish at worst.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Deviija.7869

Deviija.7869

I completely agree that loot bags dropping in the middle of battle just makes for a much more complicated and annoying scramble. I want to concentrate on fighting (and I want everyone else concentrating on fighting) and not running around to grab their loot bags.

If I’m fighting large group vs group, running away or being defeated both ends up with loot bags just left there, uncollected. Jumping into the middle of a zerg with all kinds of condition marks, aoes, and swirling melee is not happening.

Instead of loot bags dropping, I think all the loot should go directly into your bags. Only when you run out of bag space should loot bags then drop on the group.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I think all bodies should just drop heads and other body parts. Then you go to a butcher vendor or some sort of npc that will turn it into wvw only foods like jerky. The jerky can be eaten for specific wvw buffs like “loot more bodyparts from kills” and you can trade the severed heads in for rares and exotics. Entrails could be a new wvw only currency.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

That’s not working on it. That’s stating that there is a problem and at some point in the future there will be a solution- the famous ‘soon’ that could be next week or ten years from now.

It’s very similar to the North Korean situation and America’s answer to it- and that has been going on now for how many years?

The only worthwhile solution from a player point of view is for the bags to not drop, but instead for the drops to be available to you- whether that is in your inventory or in your email or at a new NPC called ‘bags collection’ that can hold up to 1000 bags unopened for you to collect and open at your leisure.

Actually the bags collector NPC would probably be the easiest solution, cleans up the mess, solves all the problems, and should be relatively simple to code in – in fact, the code would be easier than the current code which needs to work out where you are and drop bags at your location as now it would only have to drop bags at one location.

By golly, I think the rotter hath stumbled upon the solution milord!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Victim.3016

Victim.3016

I am in 2 minds about this, I hate picking up bags and it really does get me in trouble with my guild leader because I have loot bag OCD and can not leave them behind lol I just can’t. If I DC with bags on the floor it feel like chewing on ANETs face a little!

But there is no greater feeling than wiping a massive force then looking around the battlefield and seeing 50 sparkling bags!!
Or even defending Garri with an arrowcart and haveing 50 bags at your feet!!

But OMFG how many people have missed out on precursors because they didn’t get a chance to check loot bags/boxes??

Run over to loot or auto loot. Maybe an option in menu to only loot certain rarity?
Or to exclude SPIKES!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

I am in 2 minds about this, I hate picking up bags and it really does get me in trouble with my guild leader because I have loot bag OCD and can not leave them behind lol I just can’t. If I DC with bags on the floor it feel like chewing on ANETs face a little!

But there is no greater feeling than wiping a massive force then looking around the battlefield and seeing 50 sparkling bags!!
Or even defending Garri with an arrowcart and haveing 50 bags at your feet!!

But OMFG how many people have missed out on precursors because they didn’t get a chance to check loot bags/boxes??

Run over to loot or auto loot. Maybe an option in menu to only loot certain rarity?
Or to exclude SPIKES!!!

Simple, give the option to the player. If players want to run around picking bags, let them. But for the rest of us that don’t a more streamlined and sensible solution would be nice.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Most anoying for me is when you die ress at WP then run back to the fight and jump down cliff and se exp and wtf now i need to get back up that cliff again and when you go back exp, exp, exp and you se 8 bags on the cliff from top to bottom.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayle.7964

Vayle.7964

solution: create a lvl 80 warrior, run a signet build with ptv gear and runes of the dolyak, equip a greatsword and spam 1 and f while running through the enemy zerg…

Commander Vayle The Eternal,
Guild Leader Varangian Guard [VG]

in WvW

Posted by: Mursumaine.8730

Mursumaine.8730

Looting in a middle of a battle is rather annoying. Its not a big deal if you win the battle and you are able to collect the loot after but its more annoying if you kill some enemies and after die yourself with everyone around you while the loot bags still visible to you added to the fact that you propably wont make it back there to loot them before they disappear. Another fact ofcourse is that you have two options after winning the big fight either loot the bags that you werent able to pick up while fighting or go and chase the running enemies. Mini pets picking up the loots would totally increase the gem usage, but im afraid this will be rather added into pve world before even wvw is considered.

But hey.. who plays WvW for loots/gold anyway? Its totally not worth the time being there if you compare it to anything else available in this game. Slay a dragon in an epic 200 vs 1 dragon autoattack feast and u get more gold after you sell the ecto to market than you would make playing wvw for 1h.

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

In DAoC, loot pickup was changed so it just went straight into your inventory. Ok, not a reality based system, but we’re talking about a world where wizards are flinging bolts of magicalnukage around, so not exactly breaking the suspension of disbelief here with something as small as this. Also, less stuff to draw on an already crowded battlefield.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I just want an auto loot if I’m defeated and a bag drops. Nothing more annoying than that.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

Well you could just give actions a score and keep a running total of all kills, caps and defends done within in a score period and reward a chest like in spvp. Scale the boxes depending on how many people are on the map at the time for your team.

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Put a mini pet in the store that sells for 2k gems. This mini pet picks up all your bags automagically. You would have a gold mine with this.

2k is too much xD

But if they do implement a mini pet that can pick up all my bags automagically, I’d like that mini pet to be in a form of a Poring or any Poring family (Drops, Poporing, Marin, Angeling, Deviling, Arc Angeling, etc).

Tera literally just implemented that yesterday

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I don’t want to run in a zerg where 100 minis run with us, further cluttering the screen. Then make it so you only see your own or don’t see it at all.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

hahah, its annoying yeah, but i work my way around it. whilst in combat, i run around like an idiot spamming F :P its only needed to do that in zerg fights, so its not that important. in 5v5 or under, bags aren’t such an issue.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

My loot button is just F, not control F. But during the zerg vs zerg and you lose, not being able to pick up 20 bags is horrible. Or being dead beside the sole bag (with the pre-cursor in it!) is sad. On the other hand, people coming back to get their bags, only to get farmed, is also good.

If it’s of any comfort, that sole bag doesn’t have a precursor in it. Rare and exotic drops appear in little chests rather than bags.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

frostshade.3617

I don’t want to run in a zerg where 100 minis run with us, further cluttering the screen. Then make it so you only see your own or don’t see it at all.

Thanks for the idea I will now make sure my guild always has minis out when we wvw ^^

Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Nnekk.5806

Nnekk.5806

It would be great if all your loot was automatically stored in some chest near the spawn point on each map. When you are done with WvW for the day, you go check “your” chest to see what goodies you got.

The chest would hold only as many different items as you have inventory space; giving you a “your loot chest is full” warning when it fills. You’d also have an indicator of how full it was at all times, so you can periodically check on it and clear it out.

Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

And while we’re on the subject, would anyone mind if we removed “Spikes” from the game? Does anyone really want 76 spikes worth 2s in their inventory at the end of the night, and more importantly, does anyone want to take the time to go back and grab a bag when it contains 1 spike? Are these here to punish us? Did we do something wrong? And what part of the body is the “spike?” Why do so many invaders carry them?

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

This for me is easily one of the most annoying aspects to WvW.

I don’t really mind back tracking to retrieve my loot and I can live with missing some now and then without sleep deprivation or OCD related blackouts.

What annoys me is that the zerg often just rolls on as the commander has a goal in mind, and the all caps emerge along with some insults and bitter commands about stacking and listening and all that fun stuff.

I follow these people through all manor of crazy war, off cliffs, into death over and over every day. The very least they could do is lay off the angry birds long enough for people to pick up their rewards and group.

For this reason alone I would prefer having the loot picked up automatically in some way, shape, or form. I imagine many commanders might agree with this as well as it might lead to fewer verbal outbursts after certain encounters.

I also realize that there is a hardcore community that would not care whatsoever about those missed bags way back there, and that outside of organized GW2 pvp there is nothing. I hear you folks banging on those keys already. Please stay calm. This will not wound your game play, it might even improve it slightly.

Thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Advalary.3126

Advalary.3126

It’s not that auto-loot isn’t easy to implement…every game ever has managed to do it? They’ve even managed to do it selectively when they wished (like auto-loot only in PvP where retrieving bags really breaks immersion and flow)…

It’s concern about making life easy for loot farmers and “the economy” (which is especially important in a free to play game) that keeps auto-loot out..let’s be honest.

I always have to laugh at people willing to line up claiming they like the current system, no matter how bad it is… like or not is kind of irrelevant…does having to run back to pick up bags after every fight more fun and better for the game than continuing to the next fight or target? Not at all, from the player point of view…

I’m not going to both reading the rest of this thread, mainly because I am tired and am about to go to sleep, but also because most of the OPs supporters post the same arguments and therefore reading further is a bit redundant.

But this reply really incensed me. I do not agree with you at all. So because I find the act of physically claiming my reward fun-what? You don’t consider me a “player?” Or are you laughing at me for my opinion because it doesn’t agree with yours? And are you saying that my point of view is “irrelevant” because yours is somehow superior? Seriously, next time you want to speak for a collective, make sure that everyone agrees with you before opening your mouth.
Also, not every game has done it, because it usually doesn’t make any sense (even from a game play perspective). It has absolutely nothing to do with loot farmers (which judging from your obsession with I can only assume you are based on your sweeping generalizations [let’s be honest]) or “the economy.” It has to do with a sense of personal reward. I’ve also had some shots, I’m sure I’m a bit angry on alcohol so I’ll stop here before I get out of control.

On to my opinion, which I more or less already mentioned. There is a certain “tactile” (I realize that is a misnomer considering this is an online game but it is the best word I can come up with atm) sensation I get from running up to my loot bags and opening them to see what I got. Similar to Christmas when I was a kid, you didn’t necessarily always like what you got, but the act of opening a present was it’s own reward. The only difference is you work for these, which makes it all the sweeter when you get something you like. And if you don’t? Well you can always sell it.

Don’t change anything about the loot system Anet. You’ve done enough making the loot drop at peoples feet. Spoon-feeding us anymore will only remove the sense of reward/accomplishment.

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Also, whats the use of the wooden chests? ANet claims that they contain higher tier items than the normal bags of loot. So far I have only noticed this on the steel chests, the wooden chests seem to be either bugged or useless. 80%++ (being generous) of the time I pickup a wooden chest I either get nothing or a barb… Nothing or a worthless trophy lol. Doesn’t seem like it’s working. I’ve received more rares from normal bags of loot than the wooden chests, which is contradicting don’t you think?

The steel chests seem to work though. I’ve found 3 or 4 so far and got exotics out of them.

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I have a suggestion on this. I know it could be troublesome if you have not enough inventory space and all the crap loot gets automatically looted to your intentory.

What about bag items like in the PvE world?

Make different bags for the different types of loots that can drop for example one PvE mob bag and one enemy invader bag and let us autoloot that stuff.

Would only take as much slots as there are types of bags and you could open them later… of course if you get more than 250 bags of one type it could be a problem again but that should not happen that often and fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

The big thing with the bags is the Badges. Those should be moved to a currency similar to that of the laurels. Global account scale, and just automatically “granted” when appropriate. As for the other “junk” meh, i’ve seen 1 yellow in days upon days of wvw.

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

In WvW I would like to see true autoloot, where any loot is automatically put in your inventory without you having to do anything other than slaughter the enemy of course…

Its too easy to miss stuff in huge battles or even worse die with the loot at your feet, knowing there is no possibility of a revive and the loot is in a enemy keep and your assault just failed..

…it could have been a precursor…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

You clearly played rappelz. And you know that game made tons of mistakes (bugs, wrong decisions), Anet do not copy anything rappelz did, they are the masters of failure (understatement). Loot pets cause more lag, bugs, not picked up loots, more name tag overhead on screen etc.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Haworth.4561

Haworth.4561

I like the loot bags, as they are now, quite a lot.

It looks so nice, the rare times, when there are loot bags scattered around ones feet. It makes for nice screenshots, and it looks good in youtube videos, and it kind of adds a fun aftermath to a battle, looking for the loot bags. It looks nice, and it adds something to the game.

It also adds some choices to the game. Will a group of enemies try to hunt you forever because they know they can easily kill you, once your swiftness runs out, or will some of them give up at some time, as they do now, to pick up the loot bags they have left behind, evening the odds?

Obviously I would have to turn on automatic auto-loot if that was an option, since there really wouldn’t be any other practical choice, but it would take away some of the charm, and it would take away some of the breaks from the fighting. I think the breaks are important.

I guess that the main worry some people have, is that they might miss out on a very rare item, if they miss a loot bag? A solution to this could perhaps be the following:

My suggestion:

I would prefer if the game would keep the loot bags as they are (standing with a bow in your hand, surrounded by loot bags, after an intense battle, is epic, and not having enemy groups always chasing you forever because they have auto-loot is nice too), but remove the chests, let the loot bags contain the good items too (the loot bags looks much better than the chests anyway), and do like: In case you didn’t pick up the loot bag with the precursor or exotic item, the game will remember it, and give it to you, when you find and open a loot bag at a later time.

Piken Square – Unofficial EU roleplaying server.

(edited by Haworth.4561)

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

I wish Auto Loot actually worked like the name suggests. : (

Agreed… When I clicked on the auto loot checkbox the first time and didn’t see stuff appearing in my inventory, I thought it was some sort of bug.

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Tell me about it.

Chillin with 32 stacks of badges …..Q_Q

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in WvW

frostshade.3617

You clearly played rappelz. And you know that game made tons of mistakes (bugs, wrong decisions), Anet do not copy anything rappelz did, they are the masters of failure (understatement). Loot pets cause more lag, bugs, not picked up loots, more name tag overhead on screen etc.

Have you played tera recently?? Their pets work extremely well

Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

How about an area loot option? Press F – collect all loot inside 600-900 range or something like that. Would make things a little bit easier.

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

The solution is incredibly easy if you think about it, and Anet already have the system in place:

The daily/monthly chest award system.

You could have those bags and chests ‘appear’ on the right of your screen, just like with the daily/monthly chest. Then people would actually get all their earned WvW bags/chests, while not be so space limited, and you still retain the feel of opening a random chest that can contain something awesome.

I believe this would solve the annoying loot issue (particularly for the losing side in a zerg vs. zerg battle),

(edited by Avatara.1042)

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Have you played tera recently?? Their pets work extremely well

I haven’t played rappelz or Tera, so I have no clue what either of you are talking about. I’m just tired of having to retrace my steps through a massive battlefield to attempt to find my bags all while our group is about to roll out again so I end up leaving 10 bags behind. Imagine all the precursors left on the ground in the form of bags/chests. I have a dream that one day going forward, not a single bag or chest will despawn!!!! All vendor trash will be accepted and sold or salvaged properly.

in WvW

Posted by: SvenskNavi.9378

SvenskNavi.9378

Two things people seem to be forgetting.

1. Exotics and rares appear in chests. Precursors are exotic. They will appear in a chest, not a bag.

2. Dolyak Supplies are considered a rare loot. They do not go to your inventory. So when you kill a dolyak and it drops a chest, your rare is the supplies.

in WvW

Posted by: WarriorOfJah.7861

WarriorOfJah.7861

I’m more interested in knowing when the loot (RNG) is determined. When the bag is dropped, or when the bag is picked up by it’s owner.

Can anyone answer this, with verification?

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: FinnFerral.1374

FinnFerral.1374

It’s particularly annoying when I spam for my loot bags in the middle of mass battles and I end up with a random warrior banner in my hands or manning a deserted battering ram

in WvW

frostshade.3617

I’m more interested in knowing when the loot (RNG) is determined. When the bag is dropped, or when the bag is picked up by it’s owner.

Can anyone answer this, with verification?

The rng is applied upon bag spawn or corpse downed

Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

1st step: drop > quality of loot (junk, master, rare…) and you see a bag or a chest

2nd step: pickup > item generated appropriate to loot quality

It seems Anet cannot “combine” those two steps to place the loot directly into your inventory.

Hopefully a dev will correct me

This won’t end well…

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

Eh, I’d just like an auto-pickup option. Yes, option, for those of us that have little bagspace, or think that running around a battlefield mashing the F button is fun.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood