JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

Let this be an awesome week full of steam hot action!
Good luck and most of all lots of fun to all 3 of the servers!

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: flagg.6073

flagg.6073

lol, best timing for patch ever

Flagg – [CRNG]
Asura Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Well, Blackgate had a great start… but I guess a stupid Halloween update is worth angering your best WvW players…

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: OrigJoker.1870

OrigJoker.1870

Good luck to all this week, hopefully it’s as tight of a race and as much fun as last week was.

Let’s all beat the snot out of each other!

[rB] JoKeR

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Marthiarn.8107

Marthiarn.8107

Very fun so far. Had a few good fights near the orb and nearby supply camp on Blackgate BL. Can’t wait to get back in (dang server restart)

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: StugLyfe.2134

StugLyfe.2134

Fun? What fun? SBI getting double teamed and fighting guilds from a Multitude of servers again. XFERS need to fn stop now this is just stupid imo.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

OrigJoker.1870

umm…we are in 1st place, expect double teams especially on SBI Borderlands. JQ dealt with some of that stuff this week too.

[rB] JoKeR

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Definitely a double team on EB. Bring it!!!

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

That ILB or whatever clan has a solid “creative use” of mesmer portals. I only had to wait 20 seconds after I died for them to appear so I could get a tag…

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

1h after reset:

Attachments:

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Sarius.6983

Sarius.6983

That ILB or whatever clan has a solid “creative use” of mesmer portals. I only had to wait 20 seconds after I died for them to appear so I could get a tag…

Yup, if you see llb expect mesmer portals really. Gotta love invisibugs still.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

As much as I enjoyed farming WvW for candy corn and free daily achievements, it’s nice to be back in a competitive matchup.

Way to go, Blackgate, finally clawing our way up to the top, and may the best teams have boatloads of fun!

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Yup, if you see llb expect mesmer portals really. Gotta love invisibugs still.

Its absolutely silly trying to fight an invisible group of 30 zerglings.

Its been literally the most unfun abuse of game mechanics, sad to see an entire guild that wants to have that as their rep.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: StugLyfe.2134

StugLyfe.2134

Yes it is sad and I suspect this will lead to another mesmer nerf

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: flagg.6073

flagg.6073

And already this has devolved into the incessant complaining that is the tier 1 wvw thread.

Flagg – [CRNG]
Asura Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Raven Paradox.1860

There’s no doubling teaming from Blackgate. It’s a 3 way battle folks. You’re going to get attacked by both servers.

Was having tons of fun, then got a network error. Relogged a second after… and all of WvW was full. I’d really like a 1 minute or so cooldown for which if you get a stupid disconnect you can get your spot back in…. especially if you’re a commander and leading a zerg.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: DeadEyeCool.1675

DeadEyeCool.1675

q times are a beast right now, 1+ hours so far in BG BL

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

2hrs+ and counting here…..

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Felgor.9341

Felgor.9341

Every BG is instant pop for us, except EB…

Felgor [GoTF]
Level 80 Asura Guardian
Jade Quarry

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Raven Paradox.1860

All BL are full for us. SBI likely the same. JQ seems to have too many lowbies in it. I was taking out people in 2 cluster bombs…..

Score

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/gw017kz.jpg/

(edited by Raven Paradox.1860)

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Queue JQ BL is only 5mins =.=

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

Both BG and JQ wanted durios in the EB but you guys cant have it.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

BG borderlands west keep, first keep JQ lost tonight – time for bed

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Caliber.2987

Caliber.2987

The fights as a whole have been fine, even with two sides pushing (not cooperating, just pushing.)

The invis + portal bug/tactic? It sucks and it needs to be fixed.

Cur/Trc/Draftpunk | The Kindred Guild[TKG] | SBI

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

OrigJoker.1870

Good games tonight folks….Looks like it’s going to be the war that everyone hoped for.

Happy Halloween Killing!

[rB] JoKeR

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

kefro.9312

A nice balanced match is better than wining

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Caliber.2987

Caliber.2987

And then.. orb hacking from BG. An unfortunate black mark on the evening.

Cur/Trc/Draftpunk | The Kindred Guild[TKG] | SBI

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

lady lisz.7849

it was all fun then a player from Blackgate in BG/Red BL just 3 minutes ago stole our orb by fly hacking… yes there’s no screenie not that i need to since it’s true; but really?!? y spoil a good match just doing that

-Scholar Krasso-

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: quidpro.3956

quidpro.3956

Was enjoying the fight and then…Orb Hacking. Lame.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Vocifer.6201

Vocifer.6201

BG BL.

We owned the orb in hills with never even our outer walls ever breached, and our orb ends up in BG garrison? Anet can you explain this series of events? Is there a secret quaggin spy that will swap orbS in keeps for your team for 100 badges?

Chakura
80 Elementalist
Stormbluff Isle

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: ikite.3814

ikite.3814

if u guys can get the name of the orb hacker i know BG will report the guy for hacking this was done by an individual not by our server i am sry that this happened

Ikite
(blackgate)

{KnT} BlackGate Ranger

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: darkwing.9562

darkwing.9562

wow way to go BG, orb hacking, don’t ruin this week

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

kefro.9312

Matchup update:

Attachments:

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

It does make you kind of bitter, i know you ant blame a server but it just leaves a sour task in your mouth.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

Some more BG funny business, this “mob” would jump around the battlefield at will up and down keeps in unison like a bot would when they multibox. Exploiting the aoe limiter among other things.

Attachments:

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Kyiv.9621

BTW 99% of that mob are from guild HB

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

It’s been a tactic for a long time that just exploits aoe limitations. Most attacks only hit 5 targets in their radius, while a lot of healing, very specifically warrior shouts, heal infinitely many targets in range. All the incoming aoe hits various different targets in the clump and deals no siginficant damage to any one player while they ALL get a lot of incoming healing. If any of them get downed? They can all just be spamming F and have them back up almost instantly.

It’s a very low-skill requirement tactic that’s very easy to use and soundly beats any unorganized force. Combine it with mesmer portals for the group and it’s really dumb. The mere thought that grouping up can be the strategy to mitigate AoE damage is terrible design.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: FatHitman.5074

FatHitman.5074

Some more BG funny business, this “mob” would jump around the battlefield at will up and down keeps in unison like a bot would when they multibox. Exploiting the aoe limiter among other things.

So people working together and probably on mumble together, means they are hacking or a bot? OMG that is hilarious

BlackGate [KnT] 80 Necro Skinny Demon

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Kyiv.9621

What they are doing is getting 40 people in a group and a few mesmers will cast portals somewhere and the whole group is using the portals to go to each new spot. I am not one to complain about zerging, but they are obviously doing it to exploit the system in place.

you can see the portal here

Attachments:

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: FatHitman.5074

FatHitman.5074

What they are doing is getting 40 people in a group and a few mesmers will cast portals somewhere and the whole group is using the portals to go to each new spot. I am not one to complain about zerging, but they are obviously doing it to exploit the system in place.

Exploit? You can not be serious. Mesmers get portals, If you are smart and organized you can have mesmers in place and ready to portal chain you to new area’s quickly. Saying that is a exploit is just stupid. It is called a tactic.

BlackGate [KnT] 80 Necro Skinny Demon

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Kyiv.9621

Exploit? You can not be serious. Mesmers get portals, If you are smart and organized you can have mesmers in place and ready to portal chain you to new area’s quickly. Saying that is a exploit is just stupid. It is called a tactic.

I said they were exploiting the aoe limiter in the game, not portals. That comment was in regard to the comment above it which I made, its a pathetic cheap tactic.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

kefro.9312

Blackgate o Steroids:

Attachments:

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

There are a few European guilds on Blackgate. In Europe, there is a tactic where they “Turtle”. A large group (40+) will group in one spot to reduce incoming AoE damage because AoE only hits 5 targets. It also exploits the fact that some heals (Warrior shouts, etc.) have no target cap, and you can spam dome-like reflect abilities (Sanctuary, Shield of Absorption, etc.) to protect your zerg. They usually move using Mesmer Portal. It is a common tactic in Europe and they are using it here because they transferred to Blackgate a few weeks ago.

[KDS], [RK] and [HB] hold hands together in a “Turtle”.

“Guys, we’re being AoEed! Quick, group up!”

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

lady lisz.7849

give our orb back that was hacked from us, pls … and take it from us legitimately then we can acknowledge you guys are awesome, kk tnx

-Scholar Krasso-

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Kyiv.9621

Nokaru, ah haven’t played WvW too long but I never seen it, at least to this degree before. Its a pretty pathetic cheap tactic to rely on. Sad fact is, that people see it and say hey we will do the same thing now, then you have nothing but people doing it cause the system allows it.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

kefro.9312

They are starting to disband just like what happpened on tier 2 : (

Attachments:

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Ebs.6280

Ebs.6280

Nokaru.7831

There are a few European guilds on Blackgate. In Europe, there is a tactic where they “Turtle”. A large group (40+) will group in one spot to reduce incoming AoE damage because AoE only hits 5 targets. It also exploits the fact that some heals (Warrior shouts, etc.) have no target cap, and you can spam dome-like reflect abilities (Sanctuary, Shield of Absorption, etc.) to protect your zerg. They usually move using Mesmer Portal. It is a common tactic in Europe and they are using it here because they transferred to Blackgate a few weeks ago.
[KDS], [RK] and [HB] hold hands together in a “Turtle”.
“Guys, we’re being AoEed! Quick, group up!”

I am offended, you left out my guild [MA] Mystical Awakening which is also part of this ‘exploiting’ alliance.

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Acidbaron.6724

Acidbaron.6724

I think some of you need to read up on the meaning of the word ‘exploit’

But this is no real surprise to me, when people hit something they can’t beat, this is the result.

To give others some context a tower was taken in EB, near JQ green keep and we kept it for 2 hours with no walls or a gate.

Guess they didn’t like that

JQ - SBI - BG 10/26

in WvW

Posted by: Xeeron.9254

Xeeron.9254

How Storm lost their orb just now:

SBI borderlands, orb in garrison held by SBI. JQ not present on the map, BG pushing hard, breaking into Garrison, via north inner gate. They go for the orb right away, SBI defenders rush to the pit.

So far so usual.

Right after they take the orb, the orb disappears from map. And the orb timer starts ticking. 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes. Meanwhile plenty of fighting inside garrison. We slowly clean up, repair inner, then outer gate. All that time, no orb carrier to be seen inside the garrson. 6 minutes, 7 minutes, 8 minutes. Garrison is almost cleared now. All those 8 minutes, no SBI even ventures south of garrison.

While we all prepare for the orb to reappear at north, it suddenly pops up in BG’s bay.

I am not claiming a hack happened here. BG broke into the inner garrison, so they grabbed the orb fair and square. However, it does not make any sense that the orb took so long to reach bay. I want to hear BG’s side of the story. The orb carrier was not inside garrison fighting, so what was going on? Standing next to Bay altar for 5+ minutes afk? Taking a trip around the unpopulated map with the orb?

So please tell me what happened, so I can convince myself that everything was legit.

- Xeeron

Xeeron – Strike Force