JQ vs HoD vs SBI thread/updates/screenshots

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

I wish these transfers would go back to where they came from. WvW has been extremely boring for the past few days and its sad. I used to love getting in and fighting against SBI/HoD and I actually didnt care if JQ won or lost, because there were GOOD fights that kept me coming back in. Now its nothing but stragglers here and there or absolutely nothing but killing champions in a pvp zone. I just want to thank any SBI/HoD player who keeps coming out for the sake of it, and may we find each other of the battlefield.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Major fun on all 3 borderlands tonight! rawnoodles and his team of crack ninjas are a lot of fun to run with.

Please, SBI, don’t go away again. I want to fight; that’s the whole point of WvW.

Just don’t think we’re going to give up, either.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

if you don’t want people to go away, don’t bring 3x their numbers to every fight.

oh wait that’s all that happens with your server now.

have fun finishing those empty towers off while waiting on the 890 person queue for the one map that isn’t completely green

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

JQ is gonna be bored another week till they face SBI and BG. Even then they might be bored getting 2v1’d.

in WvW

Posted by: ClickJ.6287

ClickJ.6287

Attachments:

SBI Azshara [DD]
Cloned – Lv.80 Mesmser
Clickj – Lv.80 Guardian

(edited by ClickJ.6287)

in WvW

Posted by: Arani.9057

Arani.9057

That was a good fight just had over the bays by SBI in HoD borderlands. I thought it was a lot of fun and we musta wiped 3 times+ on second keep. Most of JQ said same thing that heard/read it was a good fight even “late” into the matchup.

Aradea [AoS] /\/\ESS/\/\ERR of Jade Quarry (GG SBI)
I’ll show you exactly what a Mesmer can do, SS cost extra.

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

BG is coming.. soon and the best part is transfers will probably be closed by that time

in WvW

Posted by: Buddah.7328

Buddah.7328

Saturday night Sunday morning in the EB the bulk of the SBI players were camping the garrison on siege. The walls of AP would be dropped every few minutes, but maybe once an hour they’d muster a force to actually take it. In fact they constantly let JQ take the saw mill supply camp, followed by constant zerg on Mendon’s walls. Most of the time Mendon fell and would be retook later. Veloka, being fully upgraded at the time held out under siege.

What annoyed me is from the north wall of the Garrison I could see the sentry by the bridge be slaughtered, but never saw a single JQ player. Even when they ran the road below my position.

As for HoD that night, I counted maybe 10-12 in their zerg. They just annoyed by taking the cave supply camp. That came to an end when 3-4 players started camping Ogrecut on siege. After a few disastrous attempts to come north they actually went looking for easier targets, which were JQ’s back line. Seems the only way to force HoD into attack JQ was to beat them soundly on defense.

Anet hates Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: TheMeadow.1493

TheMeadow.1493

Current Score update at Midday Server time.

Attachments:

South East >>> 80 Mesmer
[tmi] Thrustmasters International
— Jade Quarry —

in WvW

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Can’t imagine that is much fun for all of those mid-day transfers.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in WvW

Posted by: TheMeadow.1493

TheMeadow.1493

In the interest for anyone wanting to know the breakdown of spots and what is happening.

HoD looks like they have a small group are are capping camps and towers where they can, have been for the last 12 hours or so, just jumping from each.
SBI had fought hard against us and capped a lot twice in the last 24 hours – which took a few hours to get back.

And now it is back to this. We will wait and just defend up until they organize an attack again. SBI have been good, they threw some tactics in the works today and was awesome fun, so many good battles.

Attachments:

South East >>> 80 Mesmer
[tmi] Thrustmasters International
— Jade Quarry —

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

SBI doesn’t have the organization or leadership during the afternoon hours usually. I logged on to watch a bunch of non-80s throw themselves 1 by 1 into an enemy tower and die to the bored jq zerg just sitting there. It’s like a conveyor belt of failure.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Major fun on all 3 borderlands tonight! rawnoodles and his team of crack ninjas are a lot of fun to run with.

Please, SBI, don’t go away again. I want to fight; that’s the whole point of WvW.

Just don’t think we’re going to give up, either.

It’s not a matter of SBI “going away”, we just don’t have the sheer numbers of JQ that can play 24/7. I’m willing to bet that the majority of the server population for SBI is North American and a lot of us have jobs. This would explain why the competition ramps up every evening as people get home from work.

JQ will implode on itself like HoD did once people get burned out on the queue times and boredom with the lack of competition. I really don’t know what people expected when they followed the lemmings over to JQ.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: Dgtlreaper.4109

Dgtlreaper.4109

It’s like a conveyor belt of failure.

This is basically WvW on any map once one server has 3 orbs and over 75% of the maps.

in WvW

Posted by: nvidia.3765

nvidia.3765

SBI did well during the evening hours. We took the potential point lead and had two orbs. But, we have to go to sleep and that is when JQ takes everything back.

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

man WVW is SOOOOOOOO fun this week!!

We got our whole borderlands into a group yesterday (4 people) and took one camp. then 50 ppl showed up from JQ so i went back to farming in Orr and then logged out.

I can’t wait to get in and do some more!

seriously though, every match up is soo messed up this week…

Oh hey! I think I was there with you.

Anyways, HoD here. I’ve actually been having more fun now that we’re fighting an uphill battle. The trick to not being demoralized is to make an alt, preferably a thief or mesmer (facerolling classes). If you die, LOL WHO CARES, REPAIR IS 44c.

It’s actually quite fun having to resort to the most obscure tactics available in the game. The remaining players on WvW are the most dedicated ones, not the farmers or karmawagoners, so it’s easy to get a cooperative 5 man group. (btw, max # of players at peak times for us on a map is like 20) With this 5 man group, we managed to cap a couple towers. But even with all of us on superior siege, we still can’t defend against the kitten 50 man JQ zerg auto attacking the gate.

In other news, I saw how SBI took over half the map yesterday, then JQ came on a couple hours later and zerged it all back.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

SBI did well during the evening hours. We took the potential point lead and had two orbs. But, we have to go to sleep and that is when JQ takes everything back.

That’s the stuff we like! Had some great fights, and I got personally splatted by you guys a few times. I tend to run around a lot on my own as I have a bit of a problem staying in one place long.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

We got our whole borderlands into a group yesterday (4 people) and took one camp. then 50 ppl showed up from JQ so i went back to farming in Orr and then logged out.

Anyways, HoD here. I’ve actually been having more fun now that we’re fighting an uphill battle. The trick to not being demoralized is to make an alt, preferably a thief or mesmer (facerolling classes). If you die, LOL WHO CARES, REPAIR IS 44c.

It’s actually quite fun having to resort to the most obscure tactics available in the game. The remaining players on WvW are the most dedicated ones, not the farmers or karmawagoners, so it’s easy to get a cooperative 5 man group. (btw, max # of players at peak times for us on a map is like 20) With this 5 man group, we managed to cap a couple towers. But even with all of us on superior siege, we still can’t defend against the kitten 50 man JQ zerg auto attacking the gate.

In other news, I saw how SBI took over half the map yesterday, then JQ came on a couple hours later and zerged it all back.

Autoattacking?! Are you kidding me? I use F1:2,4; F2:2,3(self),4,5;F3:5, and F4:2,4…. Come on now!

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Arani.9057

Autoattacking?! Are you kidding me? I use F1:2,4; F2:2,3(self),4,5;F3:5, and F4:2,4…. Come on now!

lols i get carpel tunnel during seige trying find all the seige equipment and wall defenders… I feel like something is wrong in the world when i can’t find anything but the door to hit, even then the camera panning … auto-attack /le sigh~!

in WvW

Posted by: hoschi.8693

hoschi.8693

PvD = Player vs Door.

<sarcasm>a real challenge</sarcasm>

honestly i’m not bothered to lose a map once we’re logging off. we’re still having tons of fun taking it back, and that’s what it’s all about – fun. And yes, we can still dooo eeeet…

Saint of Destruction of the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints
Strike Force [SF]

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

…yes, Arnold came out last night….

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Earthfire Zephyr.8765

Earthfire Zephyr.8765

I was in HoD during beta…when we were absolutely horrible in WvW. I bought this game most excited for WvW. I got pumped when I realized that Henge guilds formed an alliance for WvW and was excited that Henge would actually be competitive (opposite of what showed in beta)

Along with a great alliance came even more trash and farmers. I didn’t care, I was happy our server was winning.

It got to a point that I wanted HoD to lose, just because of the arrogant thought around Lions’ Arch that “We couldn’t lose” Everyone transferred over to our server and I hated that, I’m all about server pride and I wouldn’t want anyone to think that I transferred to HoD to be on the winning team.

Now we are terrible. There is no one on, ever. It was 8:30 PM Friday and I got into EB with no queue. I’m glad most of them are gone…but I’m sad that our servers’ morale has all but dissipated. I’m working to try and restore some fight with my guild, recruiting any WvW players that want to help make HoD a competitive server so we can actually play the game.

JQ can have the bandwagon…I’ll take my server. At least you know the people still playing WvW on HoD are mostly people who were either there from the start or decided to stick to their guns. For those people, I applaud you.

in WvW

Posted by: Velkyn.9285

Velkyn.9285

It’s not a matter of SBI “going away”, we just don’t have the sheer numbers of JQ that can play 24/7. I’m willing to bet that the majority of the server population for SBI is North American and a lot of us have jobs. This would explain why the competition ramps up every evening as people get home from work.

Based on the score 20/16 hours ago (12-4 AM EST), it looks like SBI is the one who’s claiming territory in the wee hours of the night, not JQ. I am a NA player with a job, and there’s no way I could do a 9-5 and play from midnight to 4 AM and be functional at 9 AM.

JQ claims it all back in the late morning through the afternoon and into the early evening. That suggests lots of college students and possibly EU players on JQ. SBI appears to have a lot of West Coasters, and/or Oceanic players.

in WvW

Posted by: Onur.5346

Onur.5346

Yep, agreed with the above comment 100%… During the night-time – known as prime time of NA servers (when everybody comes back from work, eats, etc etc, then plays a little), SBI puts up a great fight, and we usually end up getting really close to each other point wise, and even grab orbs. Honestly, JQ having 3 orbs making everything really hard in the first place – that’s 150 stats for each player – quite large. Tho we still turn out with good numbers and display a great fight – that’s when the fun is… Then people go to sleep; in the morning, score is back to what it is usual 600+ JQ, rest has a couple camps or towers if lucky. Don’t know if there’s a solution for that… At least we can tell what our population made of mostly (hint: NA players). Really, nothing can be done but expect more EU/Oceanic players on the server for balance… that’s all. During the day, I guess leaders and most players have work, so we grind our teeth until the night time comes so we can start taking stuff again…from the beginning… really frustrating losing fully upgraded keeps and orbs after fighting for 6-7 straight hours :\

Onurx – Elementalist – Affinity [BADS]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Arani.9057

I really love what SBI brings during my playtimes — NA (EST) workday hours.

SBI plays like it’s Friday matchup everyday, when I’ve been on and it really gives a good fight. I think SBI has heart and drive they should be proud of. Most of my solos and all of my 1vMany fights end up in /salute /bow to SBI determination.

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

Mucho appreciated, the majority of us stopped caring about overall score and are pretty much playing to throw down and have a good time. I really haven’t seen any complaining from members on our forums or in game either. We’re appreciating all of the hard fought fights that are happening.

Hats off to all the good fights we’ve all been having throughout this week!

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperhypo.1249

Hyperhypo.1249

“Hey everyone, lets head over to Jade Quarry’s server so we can dominate even more. "

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

SBI does actually have a pretty big Oceanic crew… haven’t seen much of them lately though. We had some decent competition over the weekend but by last night I was just seeing handfuls of SBI and JQ fighting at spawn.

JQ’s numbers weren’t that big either, but for some reason we’ve stopped trying to cap anything regardless of enemy numbers. I can understand the reluctance to spend any gold on a lost cause – I’ve stopped wearing armour for all the good it does – but I don’t want to end up being a lone random running around a green map.

in WvW

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

Thanks to Commander Turbo from HoD we were doing hit and run and I made 1 gold in 2 hours! Thanks Commander!

in WvW

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Booooooring.

Common fight back!

Attachments:

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in WvW

Sekin.7803

I just heard that 3 HoD guilds: SDU / HKG / NYS are transferring to Stormbluff Isle. Some are still pending because SI is full atm.

3 guilds over 2000 members in total with NYS being the biggest, they have NYS1 / NYS2 / NYS3 / NYS4 and NYS pvp champ with 1700 members. Some of them could be alts but still a very large population leaving HoD at this very moment.

in WvW

Posted by: RouletteVice.2850

RouletteVice.2850

It’s okay, the 10 of us left on HoD will rise up and conquer the champion arboreal spirit next since the grub has surrendered.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

Why would they even attempt to move such a large number of people to a nominally full/near-full server? If even 1/5th or less of those players were semi-active in WvW, there are any number of servers that could benefit far more from that relocation (and be easier to transfer to.)

in WvW

Posted by: flyinpiranha.2580

flyinpiranha.2580

Had a blast last night. Between running around JQ borderlands when I first got home, then back to EB to do hit and run.

I have to hand it to SBI’s commanders (again). They really know their stuff, I saw shortcuts I had no idea existed when going from place to place. A lot of people were always grabbing supply so we could get things up quick.

Honestly, I have stopped looking at the score. If the fights are fun I’m OK with it for now … I wouldn’t want this to be a permanent thing though. But I played for 4+ hours yesterday and the whole time we were at least 120k+ behind JQ and it just didn’t matter. It sucks, but you have to think small and think “I’m making a difference” instead of constantly looking at the score and feeling defeated.

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Was no Wv3 for me last night, had to watch the debate.

Can somebody please post a score screen-shot?

PS – I glued a tack upside down to my B key. WvW is a lot more fun that way.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Sekin.7803

Yeah take pride in winning the map 30 to 1 JQ. Enjoy it while it lasts.

(edited by Sekin.7803)

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Booooooring.

Common fight back!

Why don’t you transfer over to SBI? You will always have a constant fight! Win win!

in WvW

Sekin.7803

Whenever we managed to take a tiny little insignificant small tower… 100+ JQ swarm us almost instantly…

must be dang boring for you guys over there…

(edited by Sekin.7803)

in WvW

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

Despite this weeks obvious outright win by JQ would like to thank members of SBI, last week full queues all day everyday, this week people gave up on 2nd and 3rd day. Then the next mourning wake up to us beating JQ on score per tick and still no queues it was good to see that we still have quality players and there was still people willing to put up a fight each day at US prime despite not having queues we still manged to get decent numbers out and talk back up to half if not more of each map

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Umeil.5384

Umeil.5384

I hope they dont come to SBI. To be honest they can ……. off. We don’t want them or need them. Yea it sux to get beaten, but we have proven that during our servers prime we are unstappable. Driven JQ back everyday this week but once it turns to work/sleep time ur day crews head out and take over. Sooner or later Anet will stop the free screw others over and then SBI will land up being the dominant server.

We have the best commanders and a good amount of very dedicated WvW players we dont want the rubbish come over here and destroy this server. Basically go to hell and stay where you are

in WvW

Posted by: flyinpiranha.2580

flyinpiranha.2580

Whenever we managed to take a tiny little insignificant small tower… 100+ SBI swarm us almost instantly…

must be dang boring for you guys over there…

I’ve been playing 2-3 hours a day for this past week in WvW … I honestly don’t remember there ever being a 100+ swarm on SBI.

And no, it’s not boring, there seems to be great fights everywhere. Last night we pushed back and forth for a while in between Garrison and DFB, was a blast.

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Wow. The level of hurt in this thread is blinding. Came to get a score while at work. Found instead where all the wounded soldiers go when they x out of WvW enraged.

All I’ve seen when on WvW was good fights and lots of courage. This must be where the other people go…

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Taken 2012-10-18 @ 9:45am EST

Attachments:

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

(JQ guy here)

Great push by SBI last night around midnight or so eastern US. Sadly… it was also around midnight or so eastern US, so I had to hit the proverbial crib. Still, got a little good fighting in there, it’s nice to know that they are still indeed a force when they choose to be. That’s the SBI I want to see this coming week!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

Why would they even attempt to move such a large number of people to a nominally full/near-full server? If even 1/5th or less of those players were semi-active in WvW, there are any number of servers that could benefit far more from that relocation (and be easier to transfer to.)

The same reason RUIN did

in WvW

Posted by: TLSolomon.6083

TLSolomon.6083

SBI- Thanks for the great fights last night prime time!

I think the real game we are playing here is Hot Potato. Eventually the music is going to stop and some poor #1 server is going to be stuck with the potato aka the bandwagoners.

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

I’m quite comfortable with you guys holding that potato atm

It’s more fun to come in to a clean slate of green and have to paint the town red by the end of the night! See the pun intended…

in WvW

Posted by: Rraarrww.3894

Rraarrww.3894

@Sekin "I just heard that 3 HoD guilds: SDU / HKG / NYS are transferring to Stormbluff Isle. Some are still pending because SI is full atm.

3 guilds over 2000 members in total with NYS being the biggest, they have NYS1 / NYS2 / NYS3 / NYS4 and NYS pvp champ with 1700 members. Some of them could be alts but still a very large population leaving HoD at this very moment."

I doubt they’re that big because if they were and they cared about WvW on our server then why have our Qs been instant? That many members would keep us competitive all week on a few maps. Fact that we have like 20 people in all maps combined speaks volumes. If they’re on HOD and not playing, then we don’t need them and I say good riddance.

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Bandwagoners are definitely not wanted on SBI. Spread the love to some of the other smaller servers instead.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

I think some people are under the strange impression that we actually control the bandwagoners somehow. Most of the original JQ players are just as kitten at you are.

if you don’t want people to go away, don’t bring 3x their numbers to every fight.

oh wait that’s all that happens with your server now.

have fun finishing those empty towers off while waiting on the 890 person queue for the one map that isn’t completely green

Once again, we don’t “Bring” players to any fight, they will continue to do what they want regardless of the havoc that they cause in WvW.

I don’t really understand the minds of the bandwagoners to be honest. They immediately move servers to the top ranked server in the game and kitten any possible chance for a balanced matchup, there’s not even a pretense of trying to fight back. I have to wonder what’s going through their heads, is it just “ kitten i’m on the winning server that makes me pro”

Some of the new names i’ve seen on JQ ingame and on our forums seem nice and sensible enough, but i just can’t fathom how they can keep jumping ship from server to server then act like a part of the community and act like nothing ever happened.

[IX]