Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

They pretend community. We have community. Let them have t1 or t2. We have a better game.

y u so mad bro?

SoR had a community a long time ago and it is still in place. Obviously people were impressed enough with our community that they decided to utilize the last of the free transfers to join it.

Don’t hate so much

The question is not so much why guilds joined SoR, the question is why they either left or did not join TC. Everyone knows servers go up and down, but what makes the difference for many guilds is the community, not current ratings.

The argument of SoR going up to tier 1 only goes so far; just look at Maguuma and Kaineng. No disrespect to TC, they still have awesome guilds; PINK and company. The assumption that SoR never dealt with any adversity is just plain incorrect. Just look at past world ratings, we got stomped many times; we just never gave up and always kept fighting (nature of our community).

I do realize that not all the haters and complainers represent the very best of TC, but it sure does not help when guilds are server shopping.

It’s just a game people, have fun and let’s keep the fighting in the game and out of the forums

The very best of TC are laughing at you. You must know that by now?

May SoR’s “community” join the rest of them.

Its sad that it has to be that way for you. Why attack those who only had nothing but respect for you?

Don’t patronize him joocheese. Remember…that’s what we all talked about the other day during our secret meeting. We are going to give them all props but not mean it.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Envi.2460

Envi.2460

If You, My Friends, are on the server Tarnished Coast or Stormbluff Isle, please read my post. If you are our friends on Sanctum of Rall, this is not for you.

Tarnished Coast, do not despair! We are friends, do not despair! Stormbluff Isle, do not despair!

To the Tarnished Coast.
We find ourselves in a position. An unenviable position wherein we seemed to be locked in a battle against, yet again, a superior force who has the unenviable position of having a wealth of power and a dearth of wit. This is not new for us. It is clear that SoR intends to be great and who is anyone to stop them? We wish them well. But lets discuss us.

What, my dear Toasters, do we have to lose? We have everything to gain. Ours is not a community based upon winning. Sure it’s great, but haven’t you seen the signs? Where is the Golem God? Why is everyone mad? We have nothing to gain from winning and everything to lose from it. Let these Sanctum folks head to tier 1. Who cares? Imagine the friends we make on our way all the way down. Imagine the friends we make back up!

They pretend community. We have community. Let them have t1 or t2. We have a better game.

speaking for myself, jeyen tal

Well spoken, but do not presume SoR lacks a great community.

I presume they are being condescending

You presume wrong.

And what, in this great forum, would lead me to presume otherwise?

The SoR community is here, congratulating each other and thanking everyone for playing and urging us all to see it their way. Arguing, laughably, that we should worry about our own community instead of SoRs. Well, we’re not not that worried. SoR is just another zerg.

Upon what structure is your community built?

Quaggan backpacks, and cookies, and owls and mists, and nurps, and pie.

Noba/Envi/Ryuoko/Seiya Murasame
Sanctum of Rall Currently guildless sniffle

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: joocheese.6314

joocheese.6314

If You, My Friends, are on the server Tarnished Coast or Stormbluff Isle, please read my post. If you are our friends on Sanctum of Rall, this is not for you.

Tarnished Coast, do not despair! We are friends, do not despair! Stormbluff Isle, do not despair!

To the Tarnished Coast.
We find ourselves in a position. An unenviable position wherein we seemed to be locked in a battle against, yet again, a superior force who has the unenviable position of having a wealth of power and a dearth of wit. This is not new for us. It is clear that SoR intends to be great and who is anyone to stop them? We wish them well. But lets discuss us.

What, my dear Toasters, do we have to lose? We have everything to gain. Ours is not a community based upon winning. Sure it’s great, but haven’t you seen the signs? Where is the Golem God? Why is everyone mad? We have nothing to gain from winning and everything to lose from it. Let these Sanctum folks head to tier 1. Who cares? Imagine the friends we make on our way all the way down. Imagine the friends we make back up!

You presume wrong.

The SoR community is here, congratulating each other and thanking everyone for playing and urging us all to see it their way. Arguing, laughably, that we should worry about our own community instead of SoRs. Well, we’re not not that worried. SoR is just another zerg.

You spend way too much time presuming and not enough time in a real and meaningful conversation with us.

Sammandar – Elementalist
Pain Train Choo [Choo] – 1st Class
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

joocheese.6314

To the Tarnished Coast.

You presume wrong.

This is why I love the awesome members of CDS

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

joocheese.6314

y u so mad bro?

SoR had a community a long time ago and it is still in place. Obviously people were impressed enough with our community that they decided to utilize the last of the free transfers to join it.

Don’t hate so much

The question is not so much why guilds joined SoR, the question is why they either left or did not join TC. Everyone knows servers go up and down, but what makes the difference for many guilds is the community, not current ratings.

The argument of SoR going up to tier 1 only goes so far; just look at Maguuma and Kaineng. No disrespect to TC, they still have awesome guilds; PINK and company. The assumption that SoR never dealt with any adversity is just plain incorrect. Just look at past world ratings, we got stomped many times; we just never gave up and always kept fighting (nature of our community).

I do realize that not all the haters and complainers represent the very best of TC, but it sure does not help when guilds are server shopping.

It’s just a game people, have fun and let’s keep the fighting in the game and out of the forums

The very best of TC are laughing at you. You must know that by now?

May SoR’s “community” join the rest of them.

Its sad that it has to be that way for you. Why attack those who only had nothing but respect for you?

Don’t patronize him joocheese. Remember…that’s what we all talked about the other day during our secret meeting. We are going to give them all props but not mean it.

Sorry, I guess I missed that meeting, was too busy patronizing members of other servers on other threads

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Since we’ve not had one of these ina while.. Score update.

Haha, we own a tent…one kitten tent

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I bet it’s the best tent out of all the entire four maps though. (yeah I know, not helping .. guess I was trying to spin a positive out of that somewhere).

I still want you to repost that Asura Defiant pix. Best thing ever.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

The good thing is with all of the recent shakeup in lower tiers it shouldn’t take long for you guys to get to a tier where you have the numbers to compete and can begin rebuilding your WvW community.

So many blow outs going on servers are gaining huge numbers of points and other losing huge amount of points in all tiers.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Was doing the EB JP the other day, and let a bunch of SoR go past me (they waved, I waved, OK we’re having fun jumping). When I got to the top, they waved at me again and sat, and I waved back, fine, hostilities postponed. Then, after I’d turned around to jump they ambushed me. It was kind of funny – were they so scared they had to ambush me from behind 5 vs 1? – but also super cheap and annoying.

If you guys are going to camp the JP and ambush people, fine. If you just want to do the JP, fine. But don’t be cheap cheesers and ambush people after waving at them and sitting OK?

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Self worth a score should not make.

Have fun in a game we will

Cheers all.

Meega Kweesta

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

To the Tarnished Coast.

You presume wrong.

Do a little research instead of being so angry and bitter bro.

What structure is the TC community built on by the way?

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

covenn.7165

Was doing the EB JP the other day, and let a bunch of SoR go past me (they waved, I waved, OK we’re having fun jumping). When I got to the top, they waved at me again and sat, and I waved back, fine, hostilities postponed. Then, after I’d turned around to jump they ambushed me. It was kind of funny – were they so scared they had to ambush me from behind 5 vs 1? – but also super cheap and annoying.

If you guys are going to camp the JP and ambush people, fine. If you just want to do the JP, fine. But don’t be cheap cheesers and ambush people after waving at them and sitting OK?

Sounds like they they were trolling you to get a response. You really shouldn’t give them the satisfaction by complaining about it on the forums. It will only encourage that behavior.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

I agree, that’s reeeeeally cheap. But it’s not just us. I read it in area chat the other day with the same exact scenario only the roles were reversed. What bothered me was one of our guys responded with: “haha hilarious…I need to try out too.”

/facepalm

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Each server has their own history written with blood and sweat. From TC being mocked for being an RP server to SOR being built by a group of people honoring their fallen. Let’s not compare kittens here. That said, sorry about our bad apples. :/

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

Correct me if I am wrong but we only got 2 NA guild transfers? and several Oceanic Euro Transfers. Our NA guilds and the community as a whole has been forged in adversity, 9 Weeks against BG, 2 Weeks against SoS, and many more weeks climbing out way up there. When I look at the guilds that show up to the strategy meeting. There is some new faces yes, but 90% of those guilds also showed up to the meeting 12 weeks ago when we where like “Wow We finally made it to T2”.

Every week at those meeting we constantly told our selves dont look at the score board, do what you can do, do it well, and we will get the coverage we need to be more competitive. With the hard work over the past couple months we have finally earned our due. We got the high quality oceanic and euro guilds we needed to make our server more competitive at WvW.

Its insulting that you say our comunitty is pretend. Your community has gotten where it is today under the same conditions we developed our own community under. As Bane would say it, “Your community has only just adopted Tier 2, we where born in it”.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

covenn.7165

To the Tarnished Coast.

You presume wrong.

Do a little research instead of being so angry and bitter bro.

What structure is the TC community built on by the way?

RP server.

We’re not bros.

Apparently you are. You are the one acting in a such a manner to get me to label you as such. Why don’t you read up on Sanctum of Rall and its history and community before coming to the forums and acting this way?

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

covenn.7165

I presume based on my experience in wvw (which i’m sortof not doing much until you sor leaves) and these forums and some other stuff. So I feel a bit confident in my presumptions, if you don’t mind.

It is too bad your presumptions are baseless and outright incorrect. I invite you to research the history of SoR and see for yourself. I know you wont, because you are either trolling or you are actually this bitter and angry ….and are lashing out.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I bet it’s the best tent out of all the entire four maps though. (yeah I know, not helping .. guess I was trying to spin a positive out of that somewhere).

Our tent is probably pretty awesome. Mosquito net, double zipper doors, water repellent, you know…classy…and large enough for our entire WvW force to rest comfortably (sleeps 8…)

Attachments:

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Orikx.9671

I presume based on my experience in wvw (which i’m sortof not doing much until you sor leaves) and these forums and some other stuff. So I feel a bit confident in my presumptions, if you don’t mind.

It is too bad your presumptions are baseless and outright incorrect. I invite you to research the history of SoR and see for yourself. I know you wont, because you are either trolling or you are actually this bitter and angry ….and are lashing out.

He is actually this bitter and angry. A quick look at his post history actually shows him giving SoR some props saying “We have a good thing going” and talking about great fights and having a completely different tone just a short time ago.

I guess as much as he likes to try to front like he only cares about community and score means nothing to him. As soon as it’s a blowout (regardless of the reason being coverage) he get’s super bitter and angry.

I’m sure we had many members like that on SoR at one point but all of them probably left months ago when we were destined to 5th place week after week so we are left and it’s just hard to remember them now. I can specifically think of 3 trolls that were in a guild I was in that left for BG back when we were losing to SoS.

Maybe this will help get rid of some of the trash on TC and leave them with just the great community and fighting spirit.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Orikx.9671)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Orikx.9671

Our tent is probably pretty awesome. Mosquito net, double zipper doors, water repellent, you know…classy…and large enough for our entire WvW force to rest comfortably (sleeps 8…)

It would be funny(but costly) to siege cap the zone with just the one camp. Let the arrow carts bot out the sun.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Every time you post something tongue-in-cheek, it reminds me I tend to be this way as well.

Thank you for reminding me … and THANK you for that pix. I love it so much!

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: WeaponXI.4076

WeaponXI.4076

[quote/]…and large enough for our entire WvW force to rest comfortably (sleeps 8…)[/quote]

Best post ever. I lol’d in my office

Raunchy-BLNT Commander-Twilight Warrior
Sea of Sorrows

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Our tent is probably pretty awesome. Mosquito net, double zipper doors, water repellent, you know…classy…and large enough for our entire WvW force to rest comfortably (sleeps 8…)[/quote]

I dunno, im a pretty big guy, big hammer, not sure if 8, maybe me and 2 asura. BTW I just reported you instead of quote, hope you dont mind.

On a serious note, last of our transfers go through tonight apparently, so you will soon see the true power of this battle server. Reset should be interesting (or boring ;P)

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Opinions and the afore mentioned cavity have something in common: we all have both. The issue arises from mistakenly assuming our opinion is in fact reality and expressing it in a manner as one might imaging said cavity would.

Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

To the Tarnished Coast.

You presume wrong.

what? no beer, ale or rum? or did you run out ink before finishing?

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

covenn.7165

Oh please, I’m not trolling. I honestly wish the best for SoR, but I can’t say I have any respect for what you guys are doing.

Ok, if you aren’t trolling then you are just bitter and angry. Fair enough.

What exactly is SoR doing? Most of us have been here for months fighting uphill battles against superior numbers, and never giving up or refusing to WvW along the way.

You are upset that we got players from different timezones. That is it. Our prime time presence has been pretty much the same outside of the 10 minute queues on most night becoming 20 (on average, not reset). In other words, you aren’t fighting any more people than you were before during NA hours… though it does look like you have less people out in WvW recently.

You shouldn’t get all worked up about the points that tick away while you are offline and just enjoy the fights you have. (and its not like we rub your nose in it the way BG did to both of us)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: fenim.2395

fenim.2395

Tarnished Coast, we have priorities next match. SOR wants to make it into tier 1 then let them earn it. We must Tier block them for one more round and hopefully the looming threat of either MAGUUMA or FA will replace SBI and then further block SOR’s rise. Once SOR is stuck here, their numbers will decrease slowly.

We are the last defense of Tier 2 WE MUST HOLD OUT one match longer! Let them regret throwing a match.

I wish you luck SOR but our defense will hold strong.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Burl.9567

Oh please, I’m not trolling. I honestly wish the best for SoR, but I can’t say I have any respect for what you guys are doing. As soon as I say something I get jumped on. People say “Y U Mad Bro” and crap like that. Listen, and here’s the tea, what I’m saying is what a lot of people are thinking. I’m just the one saying it. So deal.

Where is the Golem God?

GG SoR, you’ve made WvW absolutely worthless. And that’s the last I’ll post and you’ll never see me again.

What’s the difference between facing BG and SoR? There is little difference between the two servers. WvW in tier 2 is worthless until SBI is kicked out to make this a 3 server match again. Stop pointing the finger at us for you not making the best of an already crappy scenario. You think we are really having a grand time in this either? Even if we went balls out, I doubt we would have pushed to tier 1 anyways. We couldn’t sustain the glicko to the level we would have needed unless TC and SBI just took a week off this week. Neither of the servers did, so you are as much to blame for us sticking around as we are. We realized we weren’t going to win the glicko battle very early in the week and decided to focus on getting people transferred in rather than scrambling at the last minute to get it all done. We also decided to take a much needed break from WvW and get to know some of the new people that transferred in.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

Tarnished Coast, we have priorities next match. SOR wants to make it into tier 1 then let them earn it. We must Tier block them for one more round and hopefully the looming threat of either MAGUUMA or FA will replace SBI and then further block SOR’s rise. Once SOR is stuck here, their numbers will decrease slowly.

We are the last defense of Tier 2 WE MUST HOLD OUT one match longer! Let them regret throwing a match.

Now THAT is what I like to see and I believe we wouldn’t have it any other way. If we can’t make it out of the tier we don’t deserve to make it out of the tier and we aren’t ready for tier 1.

All I have left to say is this… Bring it

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Don’t worry. We’ll bring our A game next week. Been a fun week so far though!

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Mjolniir.2541

Mjolniir.2541

OH MY GOD! IT’S ULTIMA!

You’ve made me homesick.

People today have no idea what pvp is!

No, they don’t. If we had to contemplate what we would actually loose when we seriously mess up and die to our opponents, then the fights would actually be more interesting.

What causes a rout on the battlefield? Fear. I have absolutely no fear when I fight in these modern MMO’s, and as weird as it sounds, that is pretty sad.

Can’t say I’m not having some fun, but I still keep hoping that someday, some company with heart would again step up and make a MMO with real PvP.

I am the punishment of God… If you had not
committed great sins, God would not have sent a
punishment like me upon you." ~ Temüjin ~

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Burl.9567

OH MY GOD! IT’S ULTIMA!

You’ve made me homesick.

No, they don’t. If we had to contemplate what we would actually loose when we seriously mess up and die to our opponents, then the fights would actually be more interesting.

What causes a rout on the battlefield? Fear. I have absolutely no fear when I fight in these modern MMO’s, and as weird as it sounds, that is pretty sad.

Can’t say I’m not having some fun, but I still keep hoping that someday, some company with heart would again step up and make a MMO with real PvP.

So….something like, every time you die a short strong burst of electricity flies out of your keyboard and strikes you?

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Mjolniir.2541

OH MY GOD! IT’S ULTIMA!

You’ve made me homesick.

So….something like, every time you die a short strong burst of electricity flies out of your keyboard and strikes you?

It would be a start…

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Jayne.9251

OH MY GOD! IT’S ULTIMA!

You’ve made me homesick.

You know that Skinner fellah was on to something.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

As badly as I do at PvP centric gameplay, I’m strongly considering making an asuran thief with the legendary shortbow and naming it “Care Bear Stare.” Too bad the other servers couldn’t see my name, and it would be more of an inside joke to SBI alone…

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Mjolniir.2541

Update and forecast.

Attachments:

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

joocheese.6314

Don’t worry. We’ll bring our A game next week. Been a fun week so far though!

Agreed. Look out for the pain train, it’s coming.

Sammandar – Elementalist
Sanctum of Rall

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I like how this guy thinks.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Envi.2460

Envi.2460

To the Tarnished Coast.

You presume wrong.

what? no beer, ale or rum? or did you run out ink before finishing?

I decided to leave that out.. some of our norns are having some.. shall we say issues with alcohol, and removing clothing and yaks, and thats all I am going to say.

Noba/Envi/Ryuoko/Seiya Murasame
Sanctum of Rall Currently guildless sniffle

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Gotta say I am proud of those I see constantly from SBI in EB. Our little bunch has consistently handled Choo from SoR, while being out-manned. I do understand that some are on break and that you are working on building relationships with the SBI ship jumpers but during the NA pm we are standing strong. Also, it may be time to give up on trying to siege QL hiding in the valley that splits the tower, as you are getting you’re kittens handed to you by about five SBI raining down some AOE hugs. Seen you all try it 2-3 times and your best strat might be to just stick to zerging.

Another week of this kitten ton of fun and we will see if you all make it to tier 1. Most likely you will, but will see if SBI and TC can’t work out a little sumthang, sumthang this next week. Remember that the influx of guilds you received from SBI are only wanting one thing, to battle SOS/JQ. They are a fickle bunch, things go south and they get restless. It only took about two weeks of being out of Tier 1 for them to leave SBI. No pressure, as I am sure they would stay with you till the end, such a loyal bunch. ;p

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Bannok.3152

Let them have Tier 1. They may come to find it not to such a great prize after all. Look at the effect it had on SBI. We could flaunt our community then as well as SoR does now, but in the end it didnt have a lasting effect. I dont know the rivalry between TC and SoR but it seemed good natured up until this week. The score is more lopsided due to a server struck with a mass exodus, and a number of new guild’s flooding SoR for Tier 1 glory.

If TC wants to remain in Tier 2 for a matter of boasting, I would prepare more for upencomming servers such as Maguuma, Dragonbrand and that digusting entity that is Kaening. You guys are going to have your hands full with them focus on that, not holding SoR back.

For what its worth, aside from being outnumbered this was quite easy to stomach on the receiving end. It was almost refreshing to run around and just try to find fights, avoid zergs and not have to worry about PPT. I bet TC did the best when they did just that. Problem is, your starting to worry about it. The more you worry the more you will realize your only chance of Tier 1 is to bandwagon. Its not worth it.

Go back to respecting each other and being cordial. Save the vitriol for another match up. SoR will get plenty of it if they move up, and TC will get plenty of it when Maguuma and Kaening arrive. Neither of you should be lambasting each other, kitten I sound like a grandmother. Also, dont expect us to totally abandon the match next week, if we have 50 people playing again, well have 50 people holding atleast one tower. I refuse to let their be a blackout in primetime. Ogre’s watch is ours!

(edited by Bannok.3152)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: WeaponXI.4076

WeaponXI.4076

Let them have Tier 1. They may come to find it not to such a great prize after all. Look at the effect it had on SBI. We could flaunt our community then as well as SoR does now, but in the end it didnt have a lasting effect. I dont know the rivalry between TC and SoR but it seemed good natured up until this week. The score is more lopsided due to a server struck with a mass exodus, and a number of new guild’s flooding SoR for Tier 1 glory.

If TC wants to remain in Tier 2 for a matter of boasting, I would prepare more for upencomming servers such as Maguuma, Dragonbrand and that digusting entity that is Kaening. You guys are going to have your hands full with them focus on that, not holding SoR back.

For what its worth, aside from being outnumbered this was quite easy to stomach on the receiving end. It was almost refreshing to run around and just try to find fights, avoid zergs and not have to worry about PPT. I bet TC did the best when they did just that. Problem is, your starting to worry about it. The more you worry the more you will realize your only chance of Tier 1 is to bandwagon. Its not worth it.

Go back to respecting each other and being cordial. Save the vitriol for another match up. SoR will get plenty of it if they move up, and TC will get plenty of it when Maguuma and Kaening arrive. Neither of you should be lambasting each other, kitten I sound like a grandmother. Also, dont expect us to totally abandon the match next week, if we have 50 people playing again, well have 50 people holding atleast one tower. I refuse to let their be a blackout in primetime. Ogre’s watch is ours!

This post makes me miss my grandparents! Perfectly said :) doesn’t mean we won’t come out guns blazing next week :)

Raunchy-BLNT Commander-Twilight Warrior
Sea of Sorrows

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Burl.9567

You happen to have a Werther’s caramel?

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Bannok.3152

No, buy I have some Tab in the icebox and I can make you a nice tuna fish salad sandwich if you like?

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Orikx.9671

I suspect that the paid transfers has a lot more to do with people leaving SBI then the getting moved to T2. SBI has been in T2 before several times. JQ and SBI used to bounce back and fourth regularly between T1 and T2 and it didn’t hurt SBI much.

Problem was SBI was starting to lose numbers which is what dropped them into T2 to begin with. They would have been able to rebuild but it would have been a long road since they were losing to SoR and TC pre-max exodus. As soon as ANet announced the paid transfers guilds from many servers had to make tough decisions.

It will be VERY hard to rebuild a server after paid transfers if you want to compete at the top level. I suspect SBI would have fallen to T3 before they could rebuild. They had similar coverage to TC, SoR had already gotten a few needed transfers and with Kaineng coming up there would have been 4 servers with T2 coverage and only room for 3. Trying to get an Oceanic or EU server to pay to switch to a T3 would have been near impossible.

So all these guilds that want to compete at the top level are now faced with hard truth that rebuilding is probably no longer and option. So they looked for homes of like minded people and found them spread all over the place. Many of these guilds I’m sure had been getting approached by servers for a long time trying to recruit them.

I don’t for a second feel like any of the guilds that came to SoR are bandwagon guilds that will jump ship if we lose. These aren’t the guilds that are known for joining the top ranked server, the ones that joined HoD then switched to JQ then where ever next. These are guilds that have been fighting at a competitive level for a long time and enjoy that experience. When faced with the reality that they probably/possibly wouldn’t be able to in the future if they didn’t find a new home make a tough choice to find a place that they would be welcomed.

So to all of our new SoR brethren know that for every 1 person that will say you bandwagon-ed. There are 10 more that know that you were welcomed and invited with open arms.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Orikx.9671)

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

The fact of the matter is SoR isn’t at all a bangwagon server. Quite frankly, we still have a lot of room for new guilds and players. I don’t consider us a powerhouse server at all. I consider us more of a never give up server. We have a lot of smart and tough guilds and players that don’t know the meaning of surrender. They just keep fighting and fighting, when others would throw in the towel.

That’s the only reason we stayed in the #2 spot in T2 for 11 weeks with absolutely nil coverage from 3am-3pm. We were getting ticked on at 550+ and at many times throughout those 11 weeks we were ticking at literally 0ppt for hours.

It is what it is you cannot change the the fact that we have had some very high quality guilds transfer to our server and have many other sincere guilds still looking to make SoR their home, it IS quite petty and small of certain TC to be so jealous and envious of our good fortune as a server though. But quite frankly, I think we drew some likeminded individuals and guilds who saw over the last 3 months how resilient we are as a server.

While we may not dominate T1 right from the get go, I think going on our history, we will be there for a while and hopefully we will slowly climb and grow as a server.

We do sincerely wish TC and SBI nothing but good luck in the future and hope their server and players are happy wherever they are.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Bannok.3152

You cant do Tier 1 without people on ALL the time. Skill/tactics mean NOTHING in WvWvW if you only have people on 4 hours a day. When War Machine left to “train” on Kaening, people held on thinking they would return. I cant tell you what went on behind the scenes, I didnt know. I did know LoD, SSQ and SF, along with other guilds were putting the militia on their shoulders and trying to keep SBI above water in Tier 1. Without the coverage it was in vain. Where Ssq could lead one map, WM 2 more, no longer was that the case.

As more people started to show up on Kaening knowing they could take advantage of WM’s presence, the better they did. Eventually it started to become apparent that WM would not be returning, and I think when Jang Gun made that clear on some recruitiment post somewhere, that was the nail in the coffin. I’m sure alot of it had to do with guild pride in being involved in the marquee match ups then most would like to admit.

I dont begrudge anyone for leaving. 20 years ago I may have probably done the same, in the name of glory. Fact is in age you care less about these things, and actually kind of look forward to less popular victories or achievements then the mainstream. Coverages are going to change eventually, and those same guilds might find themselves near burn out yet again. Play for fun, and that doesnt mean not to be competitive, but dont lose sight of what its supposed to be. A game.

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

SoR deserves a shot at T1 more than anyone gunning for it right now.
The fight against BG required an incredible amount of effort over a sustained period of time. As far as recent arrivals in T2 are concerned, you guys haven’t seen anything yet. Be ready. T2 will bleed any server that does not have the goal of recruiting for and competing inT1 over the long run. Grow or die in T2 is the tough facts, it is up to the server there to decide.

Sincerely,
Blrrgh

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Sanctum of Rall is an awesome server, and has many have mentioned, when you read the background story and find out so many people arrived there because of it, its just more reason to be impressed. They endured 9 weeks of second place finishes to BG because they simply couldn’t field the bodies to overcome the overnight waves of blackgaters that dominated the ppt, and yet here they are, ready to rise up into T1 and probably do pretty well.

They made a choice to relax a bit, to make sure they got everyone who wanted onto their server before the 28th, and I can’t slight them that. The relaxed state certainly made for more fun battles for me, so who cares if it didn’t exactly fit into our plans. None of this transfer business did, and we only have Anet and human nature to blame.

You want to be competitive, you want to have fun, just don’t do it at the expense of the guy on the other side. Their community has as much to be proud of as ours and I think both servers are legitimately stronger than when we first met a couple weeks ago. Lets keep it classy.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

Jan 18-25 SoR-TC-SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

I would like to point out that they endured 7 weeks of 2nd place finishes and 2 weeks of 3rd, as the glorious Isle of Janthir reigned supreme and unchallenged for second place twice in the Long Battle.