Maguuma/Fort Aspenwood/Dragonbrand! Jan-25

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Here is a random score update, my Necro has a new pair of dancing shoes.

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

But we can’t see your shoes…

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: TIMMEH.8106

TIMMEH.8106

IMO Tier 3 is a blast lots of folks to fight all the time, Its reset night you guys gotta relax, its not always zerg city……….Though we welcome your zergs.

Weilf
[BT] Black Talons
Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

FA wins match over.

Btw, you don’t need to blank out your chat. Just hit the combat tab before taking the screenshot.

Attachments:

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

If you have a problem with zergs then you aren’t doing it right. Zergs are like cows to the slaughter if you’ve got guilds that know what they’re doing.

If you’re runnin in smaller groups, stick to EB and have your fastest player running in front of the group to scout. Worst case scenario he culls into a zerg and dies, the rest of you hide until they pass, and you pick him up again.

EB is notorious for having smaller-guild warfare. At least from what I’ve seen.

But I won’t get to until Monday. Keep up the right FA! Doin good.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Arcadio.6875

FA wins match over.

Btw, you don’t need to blank out your chat. Just hit the combat tab before taking the screenshot.
Attachments:

I blank out chat because I take several screens, and don’t want people to see the file name/path or my computer name when I post. Thank you for telling me how I should post, though. Your input is noted, however, I really don’t read the notebook that I put it in. Have a nice day. Earlier I commented that you guys had great sportsmanship over on FA, I really don’t like eating my words, please don’t make me. I’m not very hungry.

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Fifteen people a small group. Please oh please let us drop back to t4.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

FA wins match over.

Attachments:

I blank out chat because I take several screens, and don’t want people to see the file name/path or my computer name when I post. Thank you for telling me how I should post, though. Your input is noted, however, I really don’t read the notebook that I put it in. Have a nice day. Earlier I commented that you guys had great sportsmanship over on FA, I really don’t like eating my words, please don’t make me. I’m not very hungry.

Don’t know what your talking about, lol. Hostile for no reason.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

FA wins, match over.
Maguuma, scrub league.

in WvW

Posted by: Camo.7498

Camo.7498

“FA wins match over” << she’s referring to that statement

Commander Mighty Fig Newton – Sylvari Warrior
[UhOh] Procrastination Nation
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Look at the attachment, lol. Or do people not get the reference.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Maguuma you guys are doing really well, why are you so upset?

Because it isnt a lopsided score like last week. Even then, they complained of boredem. Yet, we give them a fight and now its “boring”.

I know its hard to make a mindless zerg think. But please try mag

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Posted by: Camo.7498

Camo.7498

With respect, is all of Mag playing? Or are some of you guys sitting it out because you want to lose? From the post I’ve seen I’ve gotten the feeling they don’t want to win.

Commander Mighty Fig Newton – Sylvari Warrior
[UhOh] Procrastination Nation
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Mag is having a good time. I think you guys need to step up the posting game.

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

Maguuma you guys are doing really well, why are you so upset?

Because it isnt a lopsided score like last week. Even then, they complained of boredem. Yet, we give them a fight and now its “boring”.

I know its hard to make a mindless zerg think. But please try mag

This is true.
Said the same thing when I played against them in Darkhaven.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: exits.8075

exits.8075

Look at the attachment, lol. Or do people not get the reference.

Oh! Of all things, that banner is one that history should never forget.

in WvW

Posted by: TIMMEH.8106

TIMMEH.8106

With respect, is all of Mag playing? Or are some of you guys sitting it out because you want to lose? From the post I’ve seen I’ve gotten the feeling they don’t want to win.

Don’t let this be the excuse, We want to fight you. I can’t believe something like this was brought up, We won’t shy away if you don’t. I don’t want excuses if it doesn’t go your way, and we won’t make them if it doesn’t go ours.

Camo this was directed towards MAG not you, even though you opened the can of worms

Weilf
[BT] Black Talons
Ele

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I’m pretty sure the only people who are complaining that aren’t playing are the ones stuck in a queue.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

if people who normally play ARE sitting out, it would only be until the 28th

in WvW

Posted by: Xzzaldin.7809

Xzzaldin.7809

just a bit silly for wvw

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Stupid maagguummmma, stop trying hard and lose badly before transfers decide to stay. Someone was actually complaining about camping in JP, disgraceful mags should be ashamed.

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Id like to set the record straight with regards to maguumas position in this whole dance:

1. We dont want to be here.
2. Wed like to leave as soon as possible.
3. Anything over 5 people is not a “small group”

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

AMEN!

/15charzergscangotohell

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

AMEN!

/15charzergscangotohell

They aren’t zergs, just a bunch of small warband groups! Barely enough to take a supply camp! :P

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Anything over 5 people is not a “small group”

I used to agree with this when back in T8, but things change so much as you get into the mid ranks and then the upper ranks. In the mid ranks, 10 is kind of the sweet spot for being able to deal with the numerous 20-30 man groups you run across. In the upper ranks, I suspect some might even call 20 a “small” group.

Kind of sad, yes… and not good for the overall health of the game IMO. If you really want more 5 man action I’m thinking you will have to move to T6-T8 somewhere.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Acelerion.6820

We did some transferring around to try to find a sweet spot and what I noticed is that in lower tiers you dont really get smaller zergs (to a point, there are no 100 man wrecking balls of course) as much as you do fewer zergs. Each side has their coast guard that will zerg your kitten the second you pop a sentry but not enough people to spill over into other borderlands.

I feel for you guys having to put up with maguumas obesity problem those last two weeks and understand you running 10ish.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in WvW

Oozo.7856

We did some transferring around to try to find a sweet spot and what I noticed is that in lower tiers you dont really get smaller zergs (to a point, there are no 100 man wrecking balls of course) as much as you do fewer zergs. Each side has their coast guard that will zerg your kitten the second you pop a sentry but not enough people to spill over into other borderlands.

I feel for you guys having to put up with maguumas obesity problem those last two weeks and understand you running 10ish.

Yep, you still have to deal with zergs but not as frequently. If you find the right matchup you might have a better chance running across a true 5-man though. IMO, the people who really crave those kinds of fights should pick some lower rank servers and populate them to give them a better chance for getting what they want out of the game.

We spent something like 8 weeks in T8 with DRvFCvKain and the small groups from the servers got to know each other quite well. T8 doesn’t have a lot of movement unless one of the servers gets some huge WM-like transfer to boost them out. So you get a stable matchup where you can really build some rivalries against other small groups. Of course, that would require cooperation between the “small group community” if even such a thing exists. Just food for thought.

in WvW

Evalana.5480

Dear Thief that is contesting Hills…

We all want you to die. >.<

You’re probably more annoying than Golem – In – A – Box.

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in WvW

Acelerion.6820

Something to think about. If mag continues as it is we will probably start looking around again.

Would be very interested in kind of an unofficial official small man server…

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in WvW

Posted by: MeamYee.9635

MeamYee.9635

Dear Thief that is contesting Hills…

We all want you to die. >.<

I’ve logged off for the night, but that should be my guildie keeping you guys busy.

Don’t dance on his body too much

Nurse Poundcake [DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

5 is a party, not a small group.
Imho from here on up you need to run 10-15 people as a small group so you can wipe out the smaller zergs.
The real zergs 40+ people are still a hassle but can slowed, distracted or outsieged it just takes more coordination.

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Posted by: Skribbl.7684

Skribbl.7684

love how close the fight is so far. this is going to be hell of a week.

Ralek Manatech – Engineer
Kaithlynia – Mesmer
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Something to think about. If mag continues as it is we will probably start looking around again.

That’s the problem with the way things are set up. You don’t want a small man server, you want the server that is matched against the small man server. That’s why I actually consider Yak’s Bend a potential transfer server if Mag doesn’t drop. I hate the server, but if I transferred there, I’d have all the other servers’ roamers all to myself.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Evalana.5480

I hate this theif so much. It should take more than one stupid tap to contest a keep.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

That’s the problem with the way things are set up. You don’t want a small man server, you want the server that is matched against the small man server. That’s why I actually consider Yak’s Bend a potential transfer server if Mag doesn’t drop. I hate the server, but if I transferred there, I’d have all the other servers’ roamers all to myself.

That’s why I mentioned there would have to be cooperation. The small groups would have to spread out some across the servers so they could face each other. Currently the most “stable” matchups are in T8. The problems is that if one of the server moves up then paradise is lost unless people shell out cash to transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

I hate this theif so much. It should take more than one stupid tap to contest a keep.

Fa did this to us sometimes when we were defending against another server. But never for extended periods. I understand your pain.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Is that a threat or a promise?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Fallensbane.8420

Fallensbane.8420

LOL!
Sorry, but can’t help but giggle at the complaints about culling and zergs after all the mags in last weeks thread poked their heads in to chest bump about it as they steamrolled in their zergballs.

Yeah because the small amount of loudmouths that post here represent an entire server right? I think you will find that the majority of us want a large chunk of these transfers from the last three weeks gone.

80 Ranger • 80 Necromancer • 80 Guardian • 80 Mesmer • 80 Engineer
[SAnD] of Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

It’s more like the new FA vs the new Mag vs the new DB.

There isn’t really that must new for us. DB has been slowly reemerging to what we once were. Getting a guild here or there every other week is a bit different then the 4-5 servers that picked up like 10+ guilds in a span of 3 days.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Pinko.2076

There isn’t really that must new for us. DB has been slowly reemerging to what we once were. Getting a guild here or there every other week is a bit different then the 4-5 servers that picked up like 10+ guilds in a span of 3 days.

It’s really not. All servers here are recipients of a ton of transfers. Mag was fighting you the week you lost all of your NA to SoS 2.0, and you definitely gained numbers since then. Mag has embraced that we’re a zerg server and so should you.

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

As far as i can tell it looks like Maguma and kaineng have both hit a wall. look at both of there opening night point totals last week and look at were they are now. this is going to be a great week. a long one for a number of servers as well.

Looks like YB and CD are doing a good job at challenging kaineng as well.

DB forever!!

(edited by RockonHarder.7235)

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

It’s really not. All servers here are recipients of a ton of transfers. Mag was fighting you the week you lost all of your NA to SoS 2.0, and you definitely gained numbers since then. Mag has embraced that we’re a zerg server and so should you.

I think you missed my point. the DB that is today is an evolution of the last 6-8 weeks or more. the maguma that is today is an evolution of last week.

DB forever!!

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

Maguuma will still win, not as good as last week but they will still win. CD is going to lose all their rating to Kain because they are skyrocketting skill so they are going to be stuck in T4.
BTW, seeyou in 7 days maguuma

i think your right on 1 account. 1 out of 3 ain’t bad though i guess.

DB forever!!

(edited by RockonHarder.7235)

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Anything over 5 people is not a “small group”

I used to agree with this when back in T8, but things change so much as you get into the mid ranks and then the upper ranks. In the mid ranks, 10 is kind of the sweet spot for being able to deal with the numerous 20-30 man groups you run across. In the upper ranks, I suspect some might even call 20 a “small” group.

Kind of sad, yes… and not good for the overall health of the game IMO. If you really want more 5 man action I’m thinking you will have to move to T6-T8 somewhere.

You are able to run 5 mans up to T4 if you are good enough.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

As far as i can tell it looks like Maguma and kaineng have both hit a wall. look at both of there opening night point totals last week and look at were they are now. this is going to be a great week. a long one for a number of servers as well.

Looks like YB and CD are doing a good job at challenging kaineng.

Too early to call on Kaineng, we are just coming into their prime off peak times for the next 6-8 hours or so. If they can balloon leads up then it will eventually produce a huge gap by the end of the week.

Even if it stays manageable tonight, the NA contingent won’t be able to overnight it the same on the weekdays.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Dat Norn, lol. She looks awesome. :P

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I think you missed my point. the DB that is today is an evolution of the last 6-8 weeks or more. the maguma that is today is an evolution of last week.

We faced you about 4 weeks ago and your numbers are up since then too.

in WvW

Posted by: Lokoe.2489

Lokoe.2489

Crystal Desert got abandoned just like IoJ did, it’s really a shame for everyone who is staying on CD. We were just starting to do well too

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Small groups still have an effect in all tiers, capping camps, npc allies and un-upgraded towers. Just don’t go expecting to cap keeps with only 15 people o.o

I miss capping keeps with 5.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

Lots of fun tonight in DB BL! I gotta say it seems like Maguuma was overhyped, unless this is just a really messy reset like FA does most of the time.

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time