Most structurally sound/vulnerable keep?

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

In your opinions and experiences what keeps do you think is the hardest to break and capture as well as easiest to capture?

Personally I think Bay is the easiest keep to capture/lose
While Green keep in EB is the hardest to break.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I agree that bay is the easiest keep to take (you can even siege it from a fricken Supply camp with natural walls). But i think the hardest one is Overlook (Red keep) in EB.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Bay keep is easiest to take, hands down. Hills keep is hardest because the the terrain you can siege from provide enemy defenders with amazing kill zones. Red Overlook is a close second.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I agree that Bay in the borderlands is easiest to break/capture. The tower just south of it is the perfect trebbing position (placing the trebs on the top level makes them immune to counter-trebbing from Bay).

For toughest, I would have to say (from my experience) would be Red keep on EB. The higher elevation means that siege can rain down on a large portion of the map and taking it is a constant tredge through arrow carts and cannons. The entire keep design is set up to keep attackers in easy view of siege and defending fire for a long time before they reach the gates. The keep also has tons of protected space to place siege.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: DtC.4806

DtC.4806

a PROPERLY defended hills is the hardest keep to take, there are so many choke points this should never fall if its fully upgraded and loaded with siege. I have thrown 80 people at it with multiple strategies against 10, no luck, even 12 golems got wiped to siege that eles cannot touch and no one can see.

bay is the easiest

Main: Ominous Justice (DtC)
Guild: Ominous Threat
Server: Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Red keep is the hardest in Eternal because it’s the only one where taking the surrounding towers doesn’t really buy you anything (and it’s easy for the defenders to rain on those towers). By comparison, you can take the towers around green/blue keeps and use them to shell the main keep. The keep can fire back but you still have a nice base of operations. Attacking red keep is more of a brute force affair where any siege you make will be in the field, overlooked by the keep.

Overall I’ll go with Hills for toughest to take / easiest to defend. Supply lines are shorter and there are no safe zones where you can siege it from and not get wiped by a wandering zerg. Garrison can be tough to take if the defenders are on their toes but it’s a big place and hard to keep an eye on all the ways in.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

For garisson I find that the water gate is the most vulnerable of all the gates, walls being excluded, there is rarely a gate breach on the other 4 other gates when I defend due to how you can blast a cannon onto the gate, similar to a catapult.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Bay is the easiest.

Hills is by far the hardest.
If Hills is upgraded and manned by competent people it’s frankly impossible to take.

in WvW

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

Bay is the easiest.

If Hills is upgraded and manned by competent people it’s frankly impossible to take.

I used to think this, but attacking siege from long distance protected by swirling winds can negate the outer walls easily.

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

East borderlands keep can repel 50 people out with like 10 people.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Bay is the easiest.

I used to think this, but attacking siege from long distance protected by swirling winds can negate the outer walls easily.

West borderlands keep can have the outer walls trebbed from inside garrison/SW tower/SW camp. The inner walls can also be trebbed from the SW camp.

There’s just so many secure locations that can hit it from all areas. Can’t have eles everywhere 24/7.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

West Keep is a joke. Able to be safe trebbed on outer/inner from SW camp, which should be a given to the SW spawn team. You can receive a written warning of a server’s intent and still inevitably lose West Keep.

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Bay is the easiest.

Any treb you build to hit hills can be easily counter trebbed from within hills. It only takes 2 defensive trebs inside hills to take anything out you can build anywhere. As stated above if you have a competent force and proper defenses, hills can be made nearly impregnable, far more so then any other keep or tower.

PS: if I had enough swirling winds eles in hills I could protect the wall from any trebs you fired too, not really relevant tho.

As for Overlook being difficult … I’d agree with inner being hard but outer is cake to take down if you own SM.

AR

(edited by Catisa.6507)

in WvW

Posted by: Marlinn.6428

Marlinn.6428

Hills is the easiest one to defend, however if you leave it alone for just 2 seconds and a competent attacker arrives, you might lose it pretty easiely (almost all south outer gate siege can be ballista’d)

Commander at the Farshiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Hepan.2709

Hepan.2709

For garisson I find that the water gate is the most vulnerable of all the gates, walls being excluded, there is rarely a gate breach on the other 4 other gates when I defend due to how you can blast a cannon onto the gate, similar to a catapult.

You can defend water gate from a platform accros from the gate so you can have siege hitting the attackers from behind. It covers the entire tunnel almost and not alot of ppl look up there to clear it, and even if the spot you if you build fairly in the center of the platform the AoEs cant reach you. Sadly also not a lot of defenders place siege there.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Hills was by far my favorite place to claim until the NPC commanders were brought into the game. Those guys along with bandwagon guilds moving from server to server have made that place a bad bet lately. Half of your supply is constantly under threat and it’s not hard for a small group to disrupt your supply coming from the north too.

The band wagons have lost their wheels though so now we just have to wait it out until server populations settle down for some better match ups.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

For Borderlands:

• Easiest keep to take would be Bay. Outer walls can be trebbed from miles away and the inner walls have high disadvantage so they can also be trebbed from far away inside the walls (or outside from the southern camp)
  • Hardest keep to take hands down is Hills. Cannons from inner defend a lot of outer gates, and the passage to the lords room becomes a wall of pain when correctly placed ballista’s and arrow carts are set up.

For Battlegrounds:

• Easiest keep to take would be Blue Keep. The outer towers are easily sieged and can be set up to treb both outer and inner walls.
  • Hardest keep to take would be Red Keep. It has high advantage over all the towers and outer gates with a lot of cliff-sides to place siege.
Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Windmoor.9834

Windmoor.9834

This depends on a number of different factors. Bay is pretty easy, but I think I would have to vote green keep easiest for my team. Its easy to ninja if your team is fast and well trained.

Hills has to be the toughest. DragonHorn [DH] has held this for 12 straight hours on a sat, with only 5 people. We only lost it when our 30 man zerg came to “help”. 15 mins after they showed up and started using our siege, we lost it.

Don’t fear the unknown, CONQUER IT!!!