Op class in wvwvw

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I dont think any of them is op.A lot of people don’t like thieves, but they are manageable ikittennow how to.Same with mesmers and eles. People don’t like confusion dmg, but if u watch your conditions closely u will be able to handle it. Each class has their annoying side, but if u get to know those classes u will know how to deal with them.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’m still waiting to see someone vouch for the rangers…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I would say Eles are head and shoulders above the rest since they can do everything. Borderline OP might be thieves (deadly in roaming groups but they dont bring anything to zerg battles, solo they aren’t as good as they were prior to the nerf train) and damage burst/utility mesmers, the other classes seem about on par with eachother, minus ranger which is at the bottom (but still viable),

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

If you consider exploits/glitches, Id say Ele for sure.

What?

i agree… What??.. explain

Not going to explain it, because not everyone knows what the exploits are and I don’t want it to become common knowledge.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Rangers are the most annoying with all their immobilizes I guess, and 15 second water field….

There, now the rangers can sleep peacefully having been mentioned in an OP thread

Also roaming they can be pretty good if you watch the pain inverter videos.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I ran a duel with a ranger in wvw. 4 rounds. It was a draw.

His pets terrifying howl made me flee. It was annoying. And not to mention push back since he knew rtl was the opener. I had fun. We bowed and went our separate ways.

I have been killed by rangers no doubt, but i have yet to be killed by an engie or a necro.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I would say Eles are head and shoulders above the rest since they can do everything. Borderline OP might be thieves (deadly in roaming groups but they dont bring anything to zerg battles, solo they aren’t as good as they were prior to the nerf train) and damage burst/utility mesmers, the other classes seem about on par with eachother, minus ranger which is at the bottom (but still viable),

Thiefs can kill enemy commander.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

what class is op right now in wvwvw?

Mesmers needs to be beat with the nerf bat

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Abrilete.1439

Abrilete.1439

Rangers are the most annoying with all their immobilizes I guess, and 15 second water field….

There, now the rangers can sleep peacefully having been mentioned in an OP thread

Pain inverter is an Asuran skill, not a Ranger Skill.
Also, their supposedly best inmobilicer (Entangle) is bugged.
Not to mention the useless pet’s AI.

Yeah, a very OP class.

Baruch Bay, Ranger.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Yeah, a very OP class.

Use long bow and push buttons. When enemy attack use dodge.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

the Guardian can halt an entire zerg.

I’ve never seen a zerg stupid enough to not have one single person that gives stability buffs… but hey.

I’ve seen… And they live at Sorrow’s Furnace…

Infraction inc!

They live everywhere, you just need to drop it right on top of them so they have no advance warning. Even if they pop stability after the fact they’ve already been bounced once, knocked out of position by a few feet, and all clumped up into one tasty ball of aoe bait .

Dunno if I’d call that “OP” though, considering you can just dodge through the wards and they don’t do anything else. They’d be pretty much worthless if the 5 person aoe cap applied.

Eles and Mesmers. No other class excels in every area except these two. DPS check, siege check, zerging check, buffs check, conditions check, range check, speed check, escape check, solo check, skirmish check.

You do realize that eles can’t have all of that at the same time, correct?…

Staff is awful outside of a big group, almost as slow as my guardian, mediocre damage, Dagger/dagger can’t hit anything not standing right in front of you, and you can’t switch unless you’re out of combat.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Mesmers needs to be beat with the nerf bat

Thanks, we’ve already been there. I won’t even ask for a reason, since you probably can’t name a single one that wouldn’t be laughable anyway. Mesmer’s actually a class that needs skill to master and skill to counter, which overstrains a lot of people as it seems.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: TallDan.6350

TallDan.6350

OMG nerf everything you are all so overpowered, apart from my class though that needs a buff

Yet another thread falls into kittening everyone else’s classes, pah do we really need another one of these threads really, do we, do we?

Lady suzi ~ Human Guardian {} Gizmo Gregory ~ Asura Engineer
Firezof Arrows ~ Sylvari Ranger {} Hudeeni ~ Norn Mesmer
Ruins of Surmia [KoA]

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

Yeah, a very OP class.

Even without the pain inverter skill his videos show that rangers can be quite effective at roaming.

How is entangled bugged btw? I always find it quite effective.

Pets… I quite like some of them. Their AI is not especially bad, just as bad as you’d expect from a pet class in an mmo.

I wasn’t serious when I said they were OP, but they’re quite alright.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

The ideal group WvWvW (30 people)

x2 Necromancer (Spectral Wall its good)
x2 Thief (spaming Blaster)
x4 Elementalist (Water Field)
x4 Mesmer (Time Warp, Veil)
x18 Guardian …

x2 Necromancer (Spectral Wall its good)
x2 Thief (spaming Blaster)
x4 Elementalist (Water Field)
x4 Mesmer (Time Warp, Veil)
x12 Guardian …
x6 Hammer Warriors

Fixed that a bit but its very open to opinion.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It depends on what you are doing. Solo roaming, anything glass is OP to me. Thieves are the most obvious opportunists in this regard. 6-8k C&D, 8-10k Backstab, 7-8k Heartseeker, and 9k+Unload is kinda OP. Especially when you add stealth. Now put them in a LR battle and watch them melt :-)

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

The game is designed so that the answer is: whatever build and class matches your playstyle…

Attachments:

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

the Guardian can halt an entire zerg.

I’ve never seen a zerg stupid enough to not have one single person that gives stability buffs… but hey.

I’ve seen… And they live at Sorrow’s Furnace…

Infraction inc!

Yea we don’t do stability….HoD and NSP figured that out pretty quick, we got that fixed now…Pulled about 500 more folks out of PVE and now we can bypass their puny AoE/target caps…Problem solved with no need to take utility skills with kitten CDs and 4-6second procs.

Mag Server Leader

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Strongest overall class: d/d ele. It does everything. Best evades, great healing, aoe damage.
Current FOTM: Warrior (not saying they are overpowered, there are just a lot more of them recently)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

Any class played well.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Obviously, you can tell who they are? Thiefs and Warriors a.k.a God Mode Elitists.
D/D Elementists can be at times.
Other than that. i’m sure you got it all figured out who didn’t make to the top list.

And to those made it to the bottom of the piles goes to…….. Rangers and Engineers a.k.a The “Complainers” and " The clueless"

I’m sure the countless deaths speaks for itself.

Why not make a thread asking who are the “lesser” classes in WvW?
Oh wait!! I’ve already listed them.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

My Necro is OP…..

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

right now i think its pretty balanced with some builds being stronger in a groupe where others are stronger in solo play, and so far each class has that, then there is a mather of the skills of the person useing them that is another mather and that makes all classes op if someone uses the class to its limits.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

I can see only one thing that needs looked at: vapour form. Elementalists never die in WvW, unless their whole zerg dies, because everytime they get downed they instantly become invulnerable and fly back into their zerg, where they get revived by 5+ people. Only real way to kill them is to make a big push into enemy zerg, whereas every other class can be killed easily if they are in the frontlines.

I’m not saying ele is overpowered (which it actually is, there, I said it now) but vapour form is ridiculous in WvW.

You can still cripple and paralyze them. Just because YOU can’t kill it means it needs to be looked at.

Cause when there’s a ZvZ and 50 ppl fail to kill 1 ele who is downed in front, it’s of course my problem.

Yes maybe you can use cripple /immobilize, but it doesn’t work because:

- if you use it before they get downed, it doesn’t work (obviously)
- if you use it right as they are down, it misses, because they will have moved before the projectile hits
- if you use it after they start moving it’s too late, cause the speed is so high that they’re safe then anyway

In a 1v1 / 2v2 situation this may be viable, and then you can even use melee, but in large scale fights it isn’t.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

Obviously, you can tell who they are? Thiefs and Warriors a.k.a God Mode Elitists.
D/D Elementists can be at times.
Other than that. i’m sure you got it all figured out who didn’t make to the top list.

And to those made it to the bottom of the piles goes to…….. Rangers and Engineers a.k.a The “Complainers” and " The clueless"

I’m sure the countless deaths speaks for itself.

Why not make a thread asking who are the “lesser” classes in WvW?
Oh wait!! I’ve already listed them.

lol. i like your posts! with every post you’re reconfirming your scrubness

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: forma.1964

forma.1964

I don’t think d/d ele was really useless in Wvw, it depends on your play style. You can stand outside and go in-out, cc’ing, healing and damaging all around when you are fighting a big zerg. A lot of surviving and a decent damage plus healing, insane mobility and condition removal.

Trodo – Elementalist
Micropunto – Warrior
Baruch Bay [DsD]

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Every class got at least one strong wvw build.
There is one notable exception:
Mesmer: More than 5(read: FIVE) very strong builds… And that’s only the generalized buildups. There’s a ton of varieties and hybrids out there.

If you look by which class can excel at everything, the following ones are out of it from the get-go:
-Guardian: Absolutely needs a group unless you are very good and your opponents morons.
-Thief: Pretty much the only class which is better off “surfing” the enemies zerg than the allied one Just absolutely bad in large scale fights…
-Warrior: Well, technically, you can make them do everything just cause they have such a huge hp pool and armor rating, you can allocate trait points and stuff in skills without a care, but they still won’t become good at it because of that. Warriors only shine in very few areas.

Then extract the ones who simply underperform:
-Engineer: Can do everything, can do it actually quite good but the result is a highly specialized machine which only excels at exactly that one task. Anything slighly out of the box will frag them within seconds.
-Ranger: Pet, pet, oh, the pet…

So basically, if you are looking for a class, which can do anything, the answer needs to be somewhere between Ele, Mesmer, Necromancer. Ironically, all the 3 light armor classes.
The necro needs to be taken with a grain of salt tho. You can build your necro to do anything you want him to do, much like an engineer, but he will be specialized on exactly that one task, tho not to the extent, the engineer will be. They still got margin for error.
Mesmers and Eles on the other hand are pretty much freestyle classes, where you can make hybrid builds which can be respecced for group fights, sieges, and solo play just by swapping out the weapons and possibly the armor.

So if I had to name the most powerful classes for WvW from the versatility standpoint, my vote gotta go with ele/mezz.
From the “impact on the enemy” standpoint, it’d be guard/mezz tho.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I don’t think d/d ele was really useless in Wvw, it depends on your play style. You can stand outside and go in-out, cc’ing, healing and damaging all around when you are fighting a big zerg. A lot of surviving and a decent damage plus healing, insane mobility and condition removal.

no you can t

That because the real 2 OP (and not borderline but completely) classes(builds) makes sure you won t be able to…..
But i won t say wich those are…..i think www logs will speak by themselves…if not counte me as one of them post next patch…

ALSO remember that INSANE mobility was nerfed 2 Patches ago….so now eles have a “good” mobility…..warriors can outrun eles, and thieves obviusly too.

TL/DR i once played D/D on whiteside ridge and it was powerful…..
long ago i changed to seafarer’s (not my choice) and i m changing www profession…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

the answer is simple the most unbalancing classes in wvw are Mesmer Thief and Eles. the single most “Op” class would be Mesmer.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I ran a duel with a ranger in wvw. 4 rounds. It was a draw.

His pets terrifying howl made me flee. It was annoying. And not to mention push back since he knew rtl was the opener. I had fun. We bowed and went our separate ways.

I have been killed by rangers no doubt, but i have yet to be killed by an engie or a necro.

Never been killed by a necro? Come to BGBL South Island with out a Zerg and I can fix that for you. I play at night 9-12 est.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

If you consider WvW is about zerg vs zerg and keep taging than Mesmer (because TP and wall of invis) and guardian (because most consecrations doesnt have target limit).

It doesnt make them OP tho. AoE target limit pretty much makes any class question non-important.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

LordByron.8369

If you consider WvW is about zerg vs zerg and keep taging than Mesmer (because TP and wall of invis) and guardian (because most consecrations doesnt have target limit).

It doesnt make them OP tho. AoE target limit pretty much makes any class question non-important.

well do you know how to use combo fields?
If yes then some AoE don t care at all about cap….now try to think wich are best combo fields in zergwars….

If you don t get it, try to go www look preparation before 2 zergs collides

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

For 1 v 1 scenario in WvW. I personally find the dual-pistol/confusion engineer is the toughest to beat (could it be the so-called ‘HzH’ build?). Forget thief, d/d ele, mesmer as I find them much easier to fight against.

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

I’m surprised at the amount of sensible responses in this thread. :o I came hear expecting to read the same old ignorant complaining about the same old jobs.

Anywho, my answer is I don’t think it’s so much a matter of over powered and more a matter of under powered.

That being said, a lot of people have already hit the answer on the head. No one job is OP and it’s really more a matter of how you’re going to play/what you’re planning on doing that would ‘dictate’ the go to job to use.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

My opinion, the most OP class right now is Elementalist, but that’s because of the D/D build being able to do almost anything. Thief can be OP at times depending on the build, and Mesmers can be quite powerful as well (the shatter ones are terrifying). Warriors and Guardians are bottom of the barrel along with Engineers (sorry guys, but I rarely lose to one of you as a Ranger). Rangers and Necros end up coming up in the center, as they can handle most aspects of WvW without being too underpowered or overpowered.

Again, this is all my opinion…

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

innocent ouarior.1954

well do you know how to use combo fields?
If yes then some AoE don t care at all about cap….now try to think wich are best combo fields in zergwars….

If you don t get it, try to go www look preparation before 2 zergs collides

If would have be interesting, maybe even informative if you were precise.
What has combo field to do with AoE target limit?

Blast in Fire Fields is used a lot to buffup groups before impact (in both PvP and PvE if you play with teamplayers) but I dont see why I has anything to do with WvW and profession balance.

As for D/D Elems and Confusion Engies stated earlier. I understand how strong they can be in sPvP (or actually in pickup sPvP) but I fail yet to see how great is a build limited to 5 targets while facing 80.
Of course if you consider solo roaming a skirmishing lost or farming players a World Versus World activity than yes, they are good at that.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Rangers may not be worthy of an OP tag but are far from from crappy in WvW…I run a kitten spec…LB/SB and win the vast majority of my fights including 1v2s with regularity.

Many of which are vs the very classes claimed to be OP’d in this post. Of the classes I have most trouble with Ele/Mesmer and still win or stalemate many of those fights.

Find an angle that suits your playstyle….build/trait for it and go have fun….todays OP’d classes are tomorrows Nerfs and that cycle will likely continue.

This tag that the Rangers have gotten may play a big role in Dungeons but they are very viable when setup with thought rather than mindless GC setups..

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: tocos.7453

tocos.7453

Its not a class that is OP its the player!

Ferguson Crossing
[SNKY]
The tankiest warrior on FC

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Its not a class that is OP its the player!

^^ The Voice of reason!!!!!

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So a person who knows what he’s doing with a LB/GS Ranger with a glass cannon build can take out multiple guys by himself and not get killed doing it?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

innocent ouarior.1954

Unless your ranger can hit 80 foes he is dead in 4 seconds.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

LordByron.8369

If would have be interesting, maybe even informative if you were precise.
What has combo field to do with AoE target limit?

Ethereal fields
I said it for first time ago…
Took weeks people to notice it.

There are several ways to abuse ethereal fields….with confusion as it is now.

there are at least a couple of posts in this section about it.

GW2 balance:

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: bRutaLity.2753

bRutaLity.2753

Depends on your style in WvW.

I have my guardian for support when running with a zerg, so much fun dropping a billion boons on everybody around me.

If I want to just roam around and snipe off scouts/other random small objectives I go with my Ranger, easy to get around, and pet which can actually tank the npc’s pretty easy. (Note: ranger isn’t level 80 yet)

So it depends on what YOU want to do in WvW. Zerg vs Zerg it’s a giant zerg it doesn’t really come down to one group having one more of a single class more than another, depends on the individual choices in what you run with, and what you bring to the table.

For example on my ranger I give my group my charr racial which is useful.

TL;DR: what do you PREFER doing in WvW? Support? AOE? Condition Spam? Utility? Solo Roam?

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Kiran.2705

Kiran.2705

Anything that isn’t a ranger.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

innocent ouarior.1954

All field with “when you enter” effects have no limit. Thats why I said mesmers and guardians have an edge over other classes in WvW atm. But in my opinion they are just “normal”, I mean in punishing zerg for blobing through anything ignoring AoEs.

As for combo, if I’m not mistaking each field is limited to 5 combo use so thats not much against 80 guys if you consider all physical projectiles are single target attacks.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

There is no op class in WvW because you run in zergs of 50+ people and every zerg should have a few players of all the classes so it is balanced in the end.

Op or not op… that is only importand for sPvP with small teams where you can’t be sure every team has one of the stronger classes and classes might need to be balanced because of this.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Falassion.8031

Falassion.8031

Can Anet Fix Mesmer? Like … erasing mesmer from GW2.

Pleaseeeeeeeeee

I hate mesmer and their clones. They are only usefull for JP XD

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Op class? i can give you OP combo take 2 warrior 2 ele 1 thief or mesmer. k so what you do go 2 warrior go whirl then you have your 2 ele move forward summen 2 fiery gs ontop of warrior do 4x whirl well the mesmer stacking confusion stack or thief just staying in cloak finshing everyone off.

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

LordByron.8369

finally people starts to get the issue…

FEW classes have zerg punishing mechanics….
They would be fair if EVERY class had them

But if aoe are capped and a couple classes have non capped AoEs they become OP.
that is the point.

Basically most profession forces you into zerging……2 professions punish you for that.

GW2 balance:

Op class in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Americium.7182

Americium.7182

Guardian (shout build) >;Warrior (shout build) >;Ele (staff build)>;Mesm (confusion build) >Necro (tank-plague)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> others
(thief>eng>>>>ranger)

(edited by Americium.7182)