Remove Consumables from WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Remove every consumable from WvW to stop people finding and using the next OP thing they can find.

Your patches are too slow to remove each “OP” one.
People are finding and using and the next one while the old one stills exists.

Just get rid of them all.
Incase you didn’t know since these are a list of some that are a major problem atm.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skale_Venom_%28consumable%29
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gear_%28consumable%29
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spikeroot_Fruit

EDIT: When I say consumables I don’t mean food and nourishment. Just ones that can be used as weapons.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

(edited by Bunzy.8674)

in WvW

Posted by: K U R O I T S U K I.4980

K U R O I T S U K I.4980

NOPE, just learn to use them and done

[LH]La Hermandad-Guild Leader
Kuroitsuki Lvl.80 Mesmer/La Biribiri Lvl.80 Elementalist
Sorrows Furnace SF (since Aug-25-12)

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Well Skale Venom is hardly OP, but Gear is.

I think it’s a side-effect of WvW using the PvE rule-set. Everything that isn’t specifically banned from working, works.

in WvW

Posted by: Zuer.2814

Zuer.2814

Skale Venom can suck if someone’s using it on you. A high crit build could mean you have weakness on you a good amount of the time. Less dodging and damage.

Zuer
Maguuma
[AON]

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

There are a bunch of norn consumables in the Wayfarer’s Foothills people are using too. They should turn them off until they figure out how to fix the issue.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by sceptus.9415)

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I think it’s a side-effect of WvW using the PvE rule-set. Everything that isn’t specifically banned from working, works.

I’m pretty sure they mentioned Skale Venom as being one of the unintended problems right now.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

You should duel someone 1v1 and let them use skale venom while you don’t. You notice the difference pretty easily.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

There are a bunch of norn consumables in the Wayfarer’s Foothills people are using too. They should turn them off until they figure out how to fix the issue.

I do hope you intented that sarcastically. Those buffs give stats increase of 6. People use them just because they look so fierce. Especially the snow leopard, love that one!

WvW needs consumables to spice up the otherwise static, simple and one dimensional game world. Naturally the OP ones should be fixed somehow, but I don’t want the already shallow wvw experience to get even more shallow.

You should duel someone 1v1 and let them use skale venom while you don’t. You notice the difference pretty easily.

No you don’t.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Gear spam 3 is hilarious, and people though golems where bad.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

They’ll be gone soon enough. Golems got removed for a good reason, all these will be removed for the same.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

They’ll be gone soon enough. Golems got removed for a good reason, all these will be removed for the same.

Soon.. your soon is very different from my soon. They will take weeks to remove.
Since ANET isn’t doing anything I am currently stacking up on every consumable.
If you can’t beat them.. join them.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

shame really, wvw isn’t supposed to be tightly balanced like spvp is, the items add some fun, just like my asura racial adds poison to my ele that doesn’t normally have it.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in WvW

Posted by: Qiko.2461

Qiko.2461

So I logged in this morning and the client download an update. Did this fix these issues?

I wasn’t able to find any patch notes.

Mesmer – HoD server

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

These do not really bother me at all. None of them are game changers.

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

You obviously haven’t enjoyed the hilarity of the gear 3!

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

You obviously haven’t enjoyed the hilarity of the gear 3!

Yes this exactly!
It definitely needs a hotfix!

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

Remove every consumable from WvW to stop people finding and using the next OP thing they can find.

Your patches are too slow to remove each “OP” one.
People are finding and using and the next one while the old one stills exists.

Just get rid of them all.
Incase you didn’t know since these are a list of some that are a major problem atm.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skale_Venom_%28consumable%29
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gear_%28consumable%29
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spikeroot_Fruit

LOL Skale venom OP, that’s just hilarious. They should make all of them useable in game, they add some entertainment value to the boring daily same ol same ol wvw.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

I don’t care about the objects being banned but not the food.

What’s next? Banning Arrow Carts and Omega Golems?

Why bother even playing then? People complain too much.

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

Im starting to like bunzy…

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

I don’t think they should outright remove the consumables, rather they need to add an actual cooldown to consumables while in combat. I don’t care if someone tosses a Gear/Spikeroot fruit at me to stun me for a few seconds. The Golem in a Box is also fine. What is not fine is that they can throw one every second 250 times in a row. Add a 20 second global cooldown for all consumables while in combat and suddenly the items that were considered OP become bits of extra flavor.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Since they’re fun, lets just give my mesmer the ability to chain stun 5 opponents indefinitely so I can spread the FUN without spending money. I thought golems were bad, but these idiots will defend 30s aoe stun locks as fun….
Skale venom is probably the most minor of them all, but still needs to go. Stick to food and sharpening stones/tuning crystals/maintenance oils. Everything else needs to go.

If you’re hard up for a change of pace in wvw roll an alt or respec.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Since they’re fun, lets just give my mesmer the ability to chain stun 5 opponents indefinitely so I can spread the FUN without spending money.

Oh I like that. They should add stun to Static Discharge while they’re at it. That would be mega-fun.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Plok.6145

Since they’re fun, lets just give my mesmer the ability to chain stun 5 opponents indefinitely so I can spread the FUN without spending money. I thought golems were bad, but these idiots will defend 30s aoe stun locks as fun….
Skale venom is probably the most minor of them all, but still needs to go. Stick to food and sharpening stones/tuning crystals/maintenance oils. Everything else needs to go.

If you’re hard up for a change of pace in wvw roll an alt or respec.

You gotta love people who dare say anything about WvW when the toons they play are mesmer and thief.

Sincerely,

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I wouldn’t mind seeing consumables removed purely to save me money.

Running Nom Nom Berry Pie, maintenance oil and skale venom constantly is kind of a money sink, but I have to do that because everyone else is.

Running consumables all the time is the new baseline. (Some of you seem to think that running consumables is “elite”. No. Running consumables is average. Not running them makes you below average.)

Removing them doesn’t mesh with ArenaNet’s plan to make WvW be the money sink for the entire game, though.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

(edited by Slamz.5376)

in WvW

Posted by: nightfend.4072

nightfend.4072

I never could figure out why ANet went to so much trouble to create a completely separate set of PvP gear, but then did not also use this gear for WvW.

in WvW

Odaman.8359

You gotta love people who dare say anything about WvW when the toons they play are mesmer and thief.

You know the sig has a limited length. I have all classes to 80, since I go out and learn the class to counter it rather than whine on forums. Sorry for the misunderstanding… it can be hard on your ego to talk kitten and fail.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Docherty.8372

Docherty.8372

LOL Skale venom OP, that’s just hilarious.

That some halfwit allowed a buff that gives Weakness on-crit into a competitive mode? Yeah. HAHAHA.

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

I don’t think they should outright remove the consumables, rather they need to add an actual cooldown to consumables while in combat. I don’t care if someone tosses a Gear/Spikeroot fruit at me to stun me for a few seconds. The Golem in a Box is also fine. What is not fine is that they can throw one every second 250 times in a row. Add a 20 second global cooldown for all consumables while in combat and suddenly the items that were considered OP become bits of extra flavor.

They would still give an unfair advantage to whoever was using them. This wouldn’t solve anything.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

Soon.. your soon is very different from my soon. They will take weeks to remove.
Since ANET isn’t doing anything I am currently stacking up on every consumable.
If you can’t beat them.. join them.

So if you can’t beat them join them is your answer. Why make a thread complaining about something your gonna do yourself?

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

completely disagree with OP.

if items are available to everyone in the open world, and not by TP, no reason to disallow them to be used in WvW….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

You know the sig has a limited length. I have all classes to 80, since I go out and learn the class to counter it rather than whine on forums. Sorry for the misunderstanding… it can be hard on your ego to talk kitten and fail.

wow I felt that pwnage from here!

in WvW

Posted by: See I Nix Ten.2501

See I Nix Ten.2501

Peg legs, Gears, Spike fruit…. all should be usable.. but only in baby quaagan form

Peter Nor/Not Peter (SM) – Warrior/Necro
The ShadowMoon
Maguuma

in WvW

Plok.6145

LOL Skale venom OP, that’s just hilarious.

That some halfwit allowed a buff that gives Weakness on-crit into a competitive mode? Yeah. HAHAHA.

You know its not like the stuff is limited to one side making it unfair, EVERYONE can get this stuff. 10 second cooldown on most of these items, problem solved.

Sincerely,

in WvW

Plok.6145

Glad you have that kind of time.

Sincerely,

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Yea, just put a cooldown on most of it, and it would be fine

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

I wouldn’t mind if all items that were previously banned from WvW were unbanned, but instead there’s a 60 sec cooldown between the usages of any item.

That imo would be fair and would actually open up some strategy. There might be a few exceptions that have to be adjusted, but for the most part I can’t think of anything that would be outrageously broken with a universal 60 second cooldown between any item usage.

in WvW

Posted by: Maephina.7096

Maephina.7096

To my knowledge, I hadn’t ever been on the receiving end of any of these consumables until last night when a Thief from Yarr, a regular visitor to the SF borderland, started using the Gear consumable against a group of us.

There were two FC thieves against 5 of us. Once that thief started throwing that item, none of us could move, were continually dazed, knocked down until we were all eventually killed. All from the repeated use of this one item.

Obviously anyone could easily go and pick these things up and use them in similar fashion and, after that incident, I think I may just start utilizing this cheap, overpowered, crap move against FC at every opportunity, shoot video of it and post them here in the hopes that Anet sees how ridiculous and game-breaking that item is for WvW.

GG Yarr Thieves. I had respect. Now, not so much.

Maephina
Officer, Illustrious Chromatic Enigmas [ICE]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I never could figure out why ANet went to so much trouble to create a completely separate set of PvP gear, but then did not also use this gear for WvW.

1. Trying to WoW-ify the kittening game because copying Blizzard’s PvElolololol gameplay is good.

2. They have to so people pay $$ to buy gems for random PvE kitten so they can WvW on a reasonably even playing field.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Posted by: BossFi.6917

BossFi.6917

The only reason I use food in WvW is because the other guys is. So to compete I feel I need to waste silver on buying food.

Getting rid of all consumables is a good way to save me money.

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

The only reason I use food in WvW is because the other guys is. So to compete I feel I need to waste silver on buying food.

Getting rid of all consumables is a good way to save me money.

Because money is hard to make in this game?

There’s nothing wrong with consumables in WvW. The OP ones simply need nerfing and Anet need to be better at hot fixing.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in WvW

Posted by: Goobaaa.8241

Goobaaa.8241

gears are kittening annoying

in WvW

Odaman.8359

Glad you have that kind of time.

It takes 5 hours to get to 80. Playing the TP during wvw is all it takes to get the gold for it. Anyways, bump… need to keep this on page 1 until we get notes saying they’re taking this crap out.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Calle.8746

Calle.8746

Dear ArenaNet, when the kitten are you going to disable the gear consumable? Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy having half our zerg perma stunned by a few people spamming them but yeah… that you guys don’t take stuff like this more serious is suprising to me. Pretty much ruining my entire WvW experience.

Yours sincerely
Annoyed player

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I think the players who fight under the map should stock up on these. I mean, look how fast orbs were removed because of the people glitching through the map.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

They are so overpowered that I only use them on thieves to provide a chance of balance.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The sad thing is that it is really, really simple to fix all of these items and not remove them from WvW use. Just add a 30 second global cooldown to bundle consumeables.

People need to realize that the effect isn’t what is broken or un-fun, it’s the spammability of said effect. A global cooldown removes the spamming (which is the only broken part about them).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Just add a 30 second global cooldown to bundle consumeables.

Make it 30 day and I’ll agree.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

How about you rely on the skill you have with your profession then some ridiculous in-game, non-balanced items?

Its one thing to have a tree branch that can stun drop from an Oakheart (atleast im pretty sure) but it doesnt replace the abilities your class has and suddenly outshines them by offering a gimmick to rely on.

I use food/oil. I also use Blessings as well.

I dont use skale venom because i just dont see the good in it, i dont think it makes or breaks your match. But is skale venmon really needed to win that duel? So that crit you just made useless with weakness (or made into a glancing blow) that you got from skale venom allowed you to noob-face-tank that high dmg move he just casted on you, instead of having to dodge, and react accordingly. Yup thats Tooootally skill right there.

Because yes, that is what skill is, not learning how to view battle, when to dodge, and how to go about initiating an attack on someone. Its about spamming buttons and getting as many game mechanics on your side that you know about rather then your opponent.

Wow my level of expectation to the quality of pvpers in this game has now been severely put into perspective.

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]