Seperate reset times for NA and EU

in WvW

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

I think the timeframe of 6pm resets on east coast and 3pm resets is horrible.

Well you could always petition to get the same reset times Europe had. The beloved Europe, that Anet caters to so greatly. That Europe.

How does 2am – 5am depending on timezone sound? Thats what we have had to endure.

Oh please, it wasn’t 2am – it was 2:20 with WvW crashing around 3:30 usually with 2 minute notice. Oh the good times.

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Well you could always petition to get the same reset times Europe had. The beloved Europe, that Anet caters to so greatly. That Europe.

How does 2am – 5am depending on timezone sound? Thats what we have had to endure.

Sounds great. I can go out for dinner on a Friday night and still play WvW at reset. Great News. I can spend time with family and friends on a Friday night and not miss WvW at reset. Great. I can take a nap before I am able to play WvW at reset. Great. I can constantly whine like all the EU players about how “rough” they had it. Even better. Gimme a break.

All you people stating “oh we can’t sleep reset night” ummm the approximate 7 hours you had before reset, ever think of taking a nap, getting sleep then? Guess not. NA didn’t have that oppurtunity. They had to go straight from work and get into game or be queued for multiple hours. Telling NA people to move servers because of queues? Really? That’s your argument for making it impossible to log in for reset? Really? I’ve been on the same server since launch, 5 minutes after reset we have 2-4 hour long queses. I’m not on a T1 or T2 server either.

EU doesn’t seem to get the fact that they had options regarding reset night. They could nap beforehand, they could do other activites beforehand, they could CHOOSE to play or not. Now with this change 75% of the NA poplulation has had their choice taken from them.. It’s not whether or not we want to play at reset, we can’t, we have jobs.

in WvW

Posted by: Amy.4520

Amy.4520

Would it make everyone happier if they change the DAY of reset as well? Most NA would be home on a Saturday afternoon. They could perhaps even push the time back a bit more for the EU player base without adversely affecting the NA population.

Just a thought. I know it’s impossible to please everyone all the time, but I think this solution might be a better compromise.

~ Yak’s Bend ~

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Or ANet could’ve thought about the matter beforehand. I played a game with EU/NA servers with two separate reset times for these servers.

I still would think that European players are only marginally getting helped with it. Isn’t reset still going to be at 12am in England and later in other European timezones?

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

How are the Eastern Aussies going to drink at reset now, I mean 10 am was bad enough, but it’s now 8am for us, it’s just not cricket I tell you.

At least our West Aussies and SEA friends can head out for the night and come back home a wee bit tipsy to play!

in WvW

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

I still would think that European players are only marginally getting helped with it. Isn’t reset still going to be at 12am in England and later in other European timezones?

Goes from 1:15 to 23:15 in the UK, which is massive not marginal.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Voradors.5381

Voradors.5381

Anet really screwed the pooch on this one. I am really starting to have my nerves worked by kitten solutions that dont fix a problem, just shift the burden onto another group of player’s shoulders.

Im thrilled that there are no more server reset rushes for me. That is going to make it that much easier to burn out of the game and move on.

Voradors – Elementalist
Kesshin [Shin] guild leader

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Sounds great. I can go out for dinner on a Friday night and still play WvW at reset. Great News. I can spend time with family and friends on a Friday night and not miss WvW at reset. Great. I can take a nap before I am able to play WvW at reset. Great. I can constantly whine like all the EU players about how “rough” they had it. Even better. Gimme a break.

All you people stating “oh we can’t sleep reset night” ummm the approximate 7 hours you had before reset, ever think of taking a nap, getting sleep then? Guess not. NA didn’t have that oppurtunity. They had to go straight from work and get into game or be queued for multiple hours. Telling NA people to move servers because of queues? Really? That’s your argument for making it impossible to log in for reset? Really? I’ve been on the same server since launch, 5 minutes after reset we have 2-4 hour long queses. I’m not on a T1 or T2 server either.

EU doesn’t seem to get the fact that they had options regarding reset night. They could nap beforehand, they could do other activites beforehand, they could CHOOSE to play or not. Now with this change 75% of the NA poplulation has had their choice taken from them.. It’s not whether or not we want to play at reset, we can’t, we have jobs.

I can list a lot of nonsense aswell, that apply to me personally and extrapolate it unto the entire population just to hold my argument up.

I can just go to work an hour early and get home early. Have a nice meal while i wait for reset if it was at 6pm. Bam! See what i did there?

Im not going to comment on the second part which is obviously aimed at someone else.
But i do stand by what i said. Europe got the shaft the first 8 months. And now, while Anet is looking for a satisfying solution to all, they shifted the burden a bit. Deal with it, like we did.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I love how their initial reaction to any game change that causes an uproar is to lock the post to keep people from commenting. They really need a PR person to advise them that doing things like that is not in their best interest.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I love how their initial reaction to any game change that causes an uproar is to lock the post to keep people from commenting. They really need a PR person to advise them that doing things like that is not in their best interest.

It was rather smart of them to lock it though, since it was more or less only people flaming, no real discussion.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Goes from 1:15 to 23:15 in the UK, which is massive not marginal.

It’s marginal in it’s effect. If you couldn’t stay up until 2am to play, which according to every EU poster here was such a hard chore, you are gaining at most 2 hours of playtime. These same two hours, when you are CHOOSING to play, the NA population is still at work because their choice has been removed.

The massive change here is that ANET has told the NA population to kitten off. Want to hold a job and play WvW at reset, forget it.

in WvW

Voradors.5381

It was rather smart of them to lock it though, since it was more or less only people flaming, no real discussion.

Step 1, EU servers complain about something that inconvininces them (Rightly so, btw)
Step 2, Anet decides EU has a point, and makes a band aid fix that doesnt actually fix the problem and screws over NA players
Step 3, NA players complain about being screwed over with short notice, and voice much hate for a kitten fix on Anets part, and no forethought planning to seperate reset time due to region
Step 4, Anet throws up their hands in frustration, lock/delete all threads that hint at the topic, and hope the issue magically goes away

Predicting Step 5, People start seeing that Anet isnt taking this stuff seriously, and start to seriously look at other games to play.

Voradors – Elementalist

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It’s marginal in it’s effect. If you couldn’t stay up until 2am to play, which according to every EU poster here was such a hard chore, you are gaining at most 2 hours of playtime. These same two hours, when you are CHOOSING to play, the NA population is still at work because their choice has been removed.

The massive change here is that ANET has told the NA population to kitten off. Want to hold a job and play WvW at reset, forget it.

But it isn’t.
There is a HUGE difference between the amount of people playing at midnight compared to 2am.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Cicero.3492

Cicero.3492

But it isn’t.
There is a HUGE difference between the amount of people playing at midnight compared to 2am.

And there is a huge difference between the number who can play at 3pm and 6pm, not to mention in a few months its going to be 2pm and 5pm.

So in conclusion: Split EU and NA, and stopping the bickering between EU and everyone else.

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Well, I for my part like the change(selfish euro player here!!!)
Till now, I didn’t really bother with resets, cause I didn’t wanna stay up for that long only to play an hour or so.
Now I can finally be part of it, if only for 2-3 hours.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Voradors.5381

So in conclusion: Split EU and NA, and stopping the bickering between EU and everyone else.

Agreed.

It is kitten funny that it has taken them, eight months to do this little band aid fix. Your telling me that in eight months, some planning couldnt have been made to separate the server regions so that reset times could be convenient for all?
For eight months you let EU complain and suffer, and now your just going to shift the pile of crap onto a different region’s back?

Amazing.

The developer responding to us JUST asked the server guys if it was even an option the other day? Jesus tap dancing Christ guys…

Voradors – Elementalist

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Well no. People don’t login at all for the reset when it starts at 2am. I’m not saying it’s not bad for NA, they should just do it at completely separate times.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

It’s obvious they just want to start getting off work earlier on Friday’s..

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

It is kitten funny that it has taken them, eight months to do this little band aid fix. Your telling me that in eight months, some planning couldnt have been made to separate the server regions so that reset times could be convenient for all?
For eight months you let EU complain and suffer, and now your just going to shift the pile of crap onto a different region’s back?

Amazing.

The developer responding to us JUST asked the server guys if it was even an option the other day? Jesus tap dancing Christ guys…

I agree with this response 100%. I think the obvious answer is that they ignored WvW for the first 7 months.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

EU is much more likely to stay up for a midnight – 3pm reset night than a 2am – 3am reset night. staying up until 2am is the easy part, but we also have to play afterwards. :p
(adding the 20 min it takes to reset makes it worse as well. )

I think this change will have a huge impact on reset participation in both NA & EU servers. More people will join the EU reset, and NA will have to get used to the notion of being unable be there from the start… and discover that immediately after reset isn’t all that much more important than the rest of the week, point-wise.

From a technical standpoint, I’m guessing this might also help server stability as fewer people will try to enter at once just after the reset. :p

As far as delaying the reset to Saturday… you do realize that means Asian / Oceanic people will have their reset on a Sunday? most of the weekend will already be gone, lol.

Nonetheless, I completely agree that a Friday 3pm reset is… inconvenient… to put it mildly. But I can’t really think of any other compromise that ANET could conjure up if splitting up reset times is impossible.

In the end, this is just a compromise, not a solution or a band-aid.

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

It is quite sad that people seems to think that ArenaNet is simply doing this to screw them over.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Major problem here I can see for WvW is how many of the smart players can get in on the NA side. Yes, this can be a problem for both NA and EU, but the majority of our commanders seem to be West Coast, and they can be what prevents us from losing our entire borderlands in 4 hours. We’ve had resets where we got hit so hard that we lost Hills and almost lost Bay and Garrison, and only managed to keep them because we had good commanders giving orders. Without them, I imagine this new reset for us to lose our keeps within the queue time and take the rest of the night getting them back. And it may not just be EB, it may be multiple servers that will come across this problem. Setting a good defense at the getgo can lead to victory, despite what people think.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

It is quite sad that people seems to think that ArenaNet is simply doing this to screw them over.

No one thinks they’re TRYING to screw us over. It’s just obvious that they didn’t think this through.

If there’s “no way” to have separate EU and NA reset times…then the application was engineered badly and needs to be fixed. These are separate data-centers an ocean apart from each other. Saying it’s not possible it’s just an excuse for not wanting to put forth the effort to do it.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

No one thinks they’re TRYING to screw us over. It’s just obvious that they didn’t think this through.

If there’s “no way” to have separate EU and NA reset times…then the application was engineered badly and needs to be fixed. These are separate data-centers an ocean apart from each other. Saying it’s not possible it’s just an excuse for not wanting to put forth the effort to do it.

I have seen quite a few posts that seems to imply that ArenaNet is doing this just to screw NA.
I think they have thought it through quite a bit, and most likely have the numbers that showed that this would be the best temporary solution.

For all we know the time with amount of players on both sides of the pond are these new reset times.
We don’t have the numbers, ArenaNet does, so why assume they have not based their decision on said numbers?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

Also, on the NA servers, a culture has developed around reset night that goes back 7 months. On my server at least (Tarnished Coast) the reset night push is what really brings all the WvW guilds together and creates intra-guild relationships.

Why Anet would want to destroy that, is beyond me. Study after study shows that it is social ties that keep people playing MMO’s. Destroying reset night on the NA servers will give people just one more reason to jump to another game, if one comes along.

No doubt guilds will continue working with each other, but I can’t see how it can be as good as what we had before.

That’s ok… don’t worry, we will ask Anet to change the NA time to 2am instead… that way you can continue to all play together out of work hours.

Oh wait? you are not happy with that suggestion? duh… we have been like that on EU servers since summer time kicked in… and 1am CET prior to that.

I am sure a little inconvenience of 2 hours earlier is not going to hurt you that much.

It’s not a little inconvenience, it’s causing about half of those that normally WvW on reset night to miss out on playing, some of whom only play then. Many more may simply not go because the normal group they play with will not be there.

It really IS a big social event for so many of us.

I completely agree that it’s been unfair for the EU servers to have to attend reset at such an hour, but destroying a long standing cooperative community event on NA servers isn’t the answer, in fact, it creates additional problems.

Fixing one problem by creating another is not exactly a good solution to anything.

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Because they’ve made decisions before without looking at the numbers. Need I remind you of the culling fixes they did before they finally did away with it?

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

You can never have a situation where X & Y populations can play without also having a situation where P & Q can’t play. That is how time zones work.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I have seen quite a few posts that seems to imply that ArenaNet is doing this just to screw NA.
I think they have thought it through quite a bit, and most likely have the numbers that showed that this would be the best temporary solution.

For all we know the time with amount of players on both sides of the pond are these new reset times.
We don’t have the numbers, ArenaNet does, so why assume they have not based their decision on said numbers?

As was implied by the announcement, they have probably only been looking into this for a couple days. I doubt they gave this issue much thought at all, and this is probably just a knee-jerk decision caused by the griping of a few players.

ANet has a (rapidly building) history in GW2 of hearing a few players gripe…then making quick, unwise decisions that tick off the majority of the player base.

in WvW

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

To be honest, I’d rather they spend that effort on building the WvW experience further rather than trying to re-make the WvW server timer into something that can split the reset times… especially if it’ll take half as long as it took to fix culling or add a preview function to the trading post. >_<;

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

As was implied by the announcement, they have probably only been looking into this for a couple days. I doubt they gave this issue much thought at all, and this is probably just a knee-jerk decision caused by the griping of a few players.

ANet has a (rapidly building) history in GW2 of hearing a few players gripe…then making quick, unwise decisions that tick off the majority of the player base.

Ah yes, a knee-jerk decision cause by the griping of a few players AFTER EIGHT MONTHS of said griping. It was clearly something they just woke up and thought about and then decided to go for it without actually checking anything at all.

The only ones that have ANY idea whether or not this effect more or less people negatively is ArenaNet, so why assume they have not done what is best for the most people?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I would trade a 2 am reset for a 4 pm reset any day. Together with the fact that reset doesn’t actually happen until 20-30 minutes later, it means most of us got to play 30 minutes to an hour, if at all.

For people on the west coast, even if you don’t get to play reset immediately, there’s still the whole evening ahead of you, which none of us ever had. As you guys are saying a lot won’t make it to the start of reset, your queues shouldn’t be as long at that point either. Even if that queue lasts for 2 hours, you would get in at around 9 pm (assuming you finished dinner around 7), having more time to play on a reset day than any of us ever could.

These two hours make a lot of difference for us, please don’t get that wrong. Just by losing that 1 hour to summer time I saw the amount of people showing up in our guild for reset decrease by atleast half, to give you an example.

I’m not saying this is the best solution and that it won’t inconvenience NA players, but try to share some of the burden of it with us until they are able to seperate reset times for NA and EU.

Member of TUP on Gandara

(edited by Okaishi.8320)

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Because they’ve made decisions before that weren’t best for the most people.

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

Agreed.

Amazing.

Exactly..

Exactly..

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Because they’ve made decisions before that weren’t best for the most people.

Please show me all these decisions there weren’t best for the most people. And that means decisions that could actually be based on facts, not decisions that could only be made by trying it in the live environment.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Again, the previous culling patches before the newest one (which actually fixed it). More people saw problems with those patches than those who saw fixes.

[hS]

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Again, the previous culling patches before the newest one (which actually fixed it). More people saw problems with those patches than those who saw fixes.

Did they? Or do you only assume they did based on the minority that posts on the forums?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Considering at the time I heard a large amount of complaints in WvW and had 50+ guildies stop doing WvW altogether because of it back when I was in Crystal Desert…I’m fairly certain.

[hS]

in WvW

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Step 1, EU servers complain about something that inconvininces them (Rightly so, btw)
Step 2, Anet decides EU has a point, and makes a band aid fix that doesnt actually fix the problem and screws over NA players
Step 3, NA players complain about being screwed over with short notice, and voice much hate for a kitten fix on Anets part, and no forethought planning to seperate reset time due to region
Step 4, Anet throws up their hands in frustration, lock/delete all threads that hint at the topic, and hope the issue magically goes away

Predicting Step 5, People start seeing that Anet isnt taking this stuff seriously, and start to seriously look at other games to play.

oh noes the sky is falling in.

….

Anet were in a kitten if they do, kitten if they dont situation> I assume they looked for a solution that worked best the biggest proportion of their playerbase. and this is it, its not ideal for anyone, but its making the best of the situation.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I said this in another thread, will echo it here….At the risk of being too “NA-centric”, I think the real thing that is happening here is that ANET is taking one problem’s “solution” and truly using it as a bandaid fix for another larger problem.

By taking these new reset times, they have almost guaranteed themselves less of a server population during reset, as the majority of the PST folks, and most-many of the CST folks will not be on at the initial reset.

The CST folks will stream in 1-2 hrs later beyond reset, and the PST 2-3hrs later. There is also a chance that the eastern (EST) folks will see some decreases as well since 6pm is traditionally dinner time in most of the U.S.

My guess is that this reduction of players could possibly play a significant role in the reduction of skill lag/WvW queues/spikes etc etc….Now I have never been to T1 matchups, so maybe you guys have so many it won’t matter…But I can almost assure you we in T6-8s will see a difference.

Personally I believe if they truly wanted to issue a fix for the “reset” issue, then they would have simply moved it to Saturday afternoon, or something along those lines that would be universally time-acceptable for all parties…Tinfoil hat or not, I believe this change was more truly accepted/aimed at controlling the server populations at the peak reset times.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Iruwen.3164

Those “few players” pretty much has been the entire european playerbase, which is quite massive. The problem just became more urgent because of DST which shifted the reset from 1am to 2am. 1am was bearable, 2am simply was too much.

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

I just wish they would have thought better on how to do this. They could have pushed the reset ahead to 7AM PST on Saturday and then not have had many worries at all. Would have made the reset 10AM EST, 4PM in Europe, and even 10PM SEA time. Everybody would get a piece.

[hS]

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in WvW

Iruwen.3164

Personally I believe if they truly wanted to issue a fix for the “reset” issue, then they would have simply moved it to Saturday afternoon, or something along those lines that would be universally time-acceptable for all parties…

Nah, just too simple and obvious, no tinfoil involved.

in WvW

Voradors.5381

….

Anet were in a kitten if they do, kitten if they dont situation> I assume they looked for a solution that worked best the biggest proportion of their playerbase. and this is it, its not ideal for anyone, but its making the best of the situation.

No, this was a “lets ignore this and see if it goes away….oh it didnt? OK guys, what can we do to quickly address the specific complaints with the minimal amount of effort”. “Did i hear someone say shift the inconvenience to the group that isnt yet suffering? BRILLIANT! That will give us another 8 months to try to figure something out.”

Followed by “Woah, the community had a good idea on the forums. Hey Bill, can we separate the EU and NA reset times? ……….Ya i know this is a really last minute question, and i should have asked this months ago when you had time to work on it, just give me an answer! Not without alot of work, you say? About 2 months worth of work? …..I will just tell them it isnt possible.”

/scene

This in no way reflects what actually happens at Anet, and is meant as a dramatization from someone having some fun and venting at a very poor change to a game he loves. I will now await the incoming moderation.

Voradors – Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Jeromai.8203

Jeromai.8203

Please show me all these decisions there weren’t best for the most people.

One time ever event starting at one specified timing across the entire world, lasting only three days with a chance for exotics and precursors at the end of the event.

I leave out the bugs and the broken things not working because as you say, those can only be anticipated via actually doing it, because they have no public test server and didn’t want to spoil the event. But factually, the above sounds like a bad idea from the get go.

Now I’ll grant that they set up that event way in advance and did lots of pre-announcing and pre-warning, unlike this particular set of WvW reset time changes.

(edited by Jeromai.8203)

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Some more food for thought, I have seen a few people say that it will not make much of a difference in the score/matchup etc….While I do agree, I would add that this will give a slight edge to any servers that greatly outnumber their opponents.

Meaning if my server has 50 people in queue that live at home with mom and dad still, while the rest of us work…And your lil server had 50 people in EB at reset, now 25 of them are still at work…..Well we essentially have the same amount as normal, just different folks pushing the keys, while you are even more outmanned.

Again, not the end-all-be-all gamechanger, but surely will allow for some nice early cushions in certain situations.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I would trade a 2 am reset for a 4 pm reset any day. Together with the fact that reset doesn’t actually happen until 20-30 minutes later, it means most of us got to play 30 minutes to an hour, if at all.

For people on the west coast, even if you don’t get to play reset immediately, there’s still the whole evening ahead of you, which none of us ever had. As you guys are saying a lot won’t make it to the start of reset, your queues shouldn’t be as long at that point either. Even if that queue lasts for 2 hours, you would get in at around 9 pm (assuming you finished dinner around 7), having more time to play on a reset day than any of us ever could.

These two hours make a lot of difference for us, please don’t get that wrong. Just by losing that 1 hour to summer time I saw the amount of people showing up in our guild for reset decrease by atleast half, to give you an example.

I’m not saying this is the best solution and that it won’t inconvenience NA players, but try to share some of the burden of it with us until they are able to seperate reset times for NA and EU.

This is a complete bullkitten argument as the amount of time it will take West Coasters to get in with queues is the same amount of time it would have taken your EU Guild to wake up at 9am and play all day Saturday.

I’m sure you are thrilled that you are going to see increased turnout for your extra hour or two of playtime. Somewhere between 75-90% of all NA Guilds just had their major weekly Guild Event destroyed by this.

It seems pretty clear most of EU has no clue about the kinds of queues NA sees on Reset all the way down to T6-7.

This isn’t as simple as “oh just delay your Guild Event for a few hours” – this change has pretty much made WvW Guild Events impossible on Reset.

A 10am Friday Reset would’ve been better than the current choice because hopefully SEA/Oceanic/EU players on NA Servers would be done/burned out by the time most NA people get home.

As it is, most of NA simply won’t get to play on Reset because of queues and frustration. It will lead to people quitting the game with no guarantee they return when Split-Reset times are finally put in. And that is really bad for ANet.

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

No, this was a “lets ignore this and see if it goes away….oh it didnt? OK guys, what can we do to quickly address the specific complaints with the minimal amount of effort”. “Did i hear someone say shift the inconvenience to the group that isnt yet suffering? BRILLIANT! That will give us another 8 months to try to figure something out.”

Followed by “Woah, the community had a good idea on the forums. Hey Bill, can we separate the EU and NA reset times? ……….Ya i know this is a really last minute question, and i should have asked this months ago when you had time to work on it, just give me an answer! Not without alot of work, you say? About 2 months worth of work? …..I will just tell them it isnt possible.”

/scene

This in no way reflects what actually happens at Anet, and is meant as a dramatization from someone having some fun and venting at a very poor change to a game he loves. I will now await the incoming moderation.

I think this pretty much sums up what actually happens at Anet quite well, remember everyone that it was only recently that anet actually recognized that WvW has a strong player base.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in WvW

Voradors.5381

Hey, in all seriousness here……………………………….Why not a Saturday mid day PST reset time?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Does it NEED to be Friday?

Voradors – Elementalist

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

One time ever event starting at one specified timing across the entire world, lasting only three days with a chance for exotics and precursors at the end of the event.

I leave out the bugs and the broken things not working because as you say, those can only be anticipated via actually doing it, because they have no public test server and didn’t want to spoil the event. But factually, the above sounds like a bad idea from the get go.

Now I’ll grant that they set up that event way in advance and did lots of pre-announcing and pre-warning, unlike this particular set of WvW reset time changes.

And how many of those one-time events have we had since that?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

….

/scene

One benefit of the doubt that I’ll give Devon is that he’s new to being the WvW lead and is scrambling to get us everything that we WvWers desire. But it all really goes to show how out of touch the previous WvW lead developers were with the needs/wants of the community.

In his scramble for a “fix” for this issue, it just doesn’t seem he really thought things through all that well. And sadly, it’s creating a divide in our WvW community between EU (who support the change) and NA (who oppose it).

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)