Small man/Havoc Crew Tier Consolidation?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

NA primetime for us

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I don’t really care where you guys go, just don’t bring that kittenty elitist attitude that often comes with roaming groups. No one in this thread seems to be like that, but T8 is a nice place full of rainbows, magic, and love. I enjoy it so don’t kitten it up!
<3

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Looking for...

Posted by: Horth.7609

Horth.7609

Hopefully the word will spread about this being a the 5 man tier and the zerglings will transfer or convert. Honestly though what is the point of zerging or the awesome point system in tier 8? “Hey guys were the best of the kitten zerging servers!”

You think guesting on a couple server a day and trying to spread the word in Lions Arch would help?

NSP
Horth 80 Guard/Theif
QQ

in Looking for...

Acelerion.6820

I don’t really care where you guys go, just don’t bring that kittenty elitist attitude that often comes with roaming groups. No one in this thread seems to be like that, but T8 is a nice place full of rainbows, magic, and love. I enjoy it so don’t kitten it up!
<3

I only tend to troll people when we can’t find fights so I think I’m good. Gaz, you good?

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in Looking for...

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

5 man suck. You don’t have enough mesmers and players teleport and drive golems.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Looking for...

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

You guys do realize that if plenty of people starts moving the a T8 server it will no longer be the low player paradise it once was, right?

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in Looking for...

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Might I suggest creating two servers to oppose each other instead of one (apologies if this has been suggested and i missed it) This way you will always have an opponent to fight and creates an environment to feed off each other. Not to mention two servers avoiding any type of ppt should be able to stick together easily if its a joint community effort.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

I’m gonna paint this picture really clear for people kinda fuzzy about what our goal is.

Step 1 host a tier wide small man guild head voice chat meeting to get this rolling
Step 2- spread the guilds as evenly as possible throughout AN ENTIRE TIER (the goal gentlemen is to populate a tier with like minded people. That mindset being passing by a tower because taking it other than strategy of having a fall back fort, is literally pointless. Passing by the objectives looking for PLAYERS to fight. )

I understand clearly this is challenging for 95% of this games population to compute, but we are developing a player vs player platform. In all of YOUR terminology, abusing the current meta in order to enjoy open world pvp. This thread is not about points, towers, seige, commanders, NONE OF THAT GABAGE. We are talking about moving small man guilds to one tier (meaning all 3 servers) to fight each other rather than 40 man Zergs. Phew that was rough.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

I’ll probably be transfering to FC once I get the gold, would be nice to see all the old groups around to fight and play with.

My one concern is the differences people have about ideal group size and play style. There are going to be groups that roll with whoever wants to, and that’s going to make 10 mans, and that’s going to make forum drama. Then the guys who like playing as 2-3 will rag on the guys playing as 5.

Everyone will have to have the same mentality and ignore people like me who say “I don’t care kill it.”

in Looking for...

Acelerion.6820

I dont rag on people running 5 unless they make it a point to add on all my fights:p

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

Sorry for being late to the party. I got distracted with counting guild tags in a video

uh uhm…

We are in a similar situation as [Riot]. We have discussed moving down to lower tiers several times but the majority of us still see more negatives with moving down then positives.

We do have a few players that are scouting lower tier servers (tier 2, 5 and 6 I believe) but they’re basically telling us what we already expected. Fights are great for 1v1s and really small skirmishes but it doesn’t look appealing for groups of 5-7 which is what we normally run.

Also guild leaders from lower tier servers have warned us for a lot of PvDoor since morale seems to be broken a lot easier.

The action in tier 1 is non-stop and the zergs do give a thrill that you won’t find in the lower tiers. Grabbing the tail end is exciting because you know they can turn at any time and when a group of 40+ are trying to chase you down then you feel great when they fail to succeed.

I also think that a full servers of skirmish groups will get hardly anything done because their real passion is to just kill as many people as possible. This might be great for the tier balance but if you don’t bump into an enemy team within 5 minutes, you’ll get bored rather quickly and you’ll then end up doing a lot of PvCamp.

But I do like the idea and I’m curious to see what can be done because I am sure that a community with a lot of havoc/strike teams can be extremely enjoyable.

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Gully, we will be hosting a meeting via vent next week sometime (haven’t hashed out the details quite yet) with all the major players in the small man world. Our goal is get the majority of 5-10 mans on the same tier fighting each other every night.

There are a lot of concerns about moving being worth it. Understandably to a point. The main guilds heading this operation are no longer interested in fighting 30 with 5-10. It’s the same kiting fight Everytime. We are gearing towards 8 man days in Daoc. Groups hunting groups using an open world pvp zone to do so.

Details we will be hashing out will be how to fund xfers, how to fund the guilds from the server that changes from the tier back to the tier, how to deviate the guilds, how best to keep the fights (number wise similar) as to not slight advantages too greatly at all times.

Reason this was a non issue in Daoc was grp size was 8 and all buffs were group only. Unfortunately as we all know that is not the case here but the mentality and play style can be. This meeting is to get guys who get more adrenaline from fighting another grp their size after 10-20 minutes of hunting them and positioning their group for the fight that can last anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes.

We are about fighting players better than us, better than you. That is what we are shooting to create here. I will shoot you details of the meeting next week. Enjoy the weekend.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

Gully fell for the satirical bait in my video. At least it helped get you to this thread. Work has kept me busy the past few days, but this idea will happen. Best to do it right than too quickly.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

in Looking for...

Gully.7358

I got baited twice on 1 day…

-_-

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gazden.5479

Gazden.5479

<3

I only tend to troll people when we can’t find fights so I think I’m good. Gaz, you good?

I only troll when I troll so don’t have to worry about me!

Gaz – Ranger/Mesmer/Guard
[OiNK] [GNSD] [ROAM]
http://youtu.be/86abmB_7wNI <— Solo WvW Ranger

in Looking for...

Posted by: garull.8956

garull.8956

I’ve will buy another account and participate in this. Not sure if some guildies ( [DA] – JQ ) will follow tho …

Decisive Gg [NS]

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Garull just get them to the first meeting. All people need to see is that we are serious about moving this tier to pvp platform for small mans.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Why instead of just transferring everyone to a couple servers (which could backfire horribly), we don’t try working a bit on the tiers we got?

We could start by making a list of the guilds interested in this for each tier, and then pick a map for the whole week where all the roaming guilds would stay on. Yesterday for reset on BG BL, I know I saw at least 3 5-men groups from JQ roaming around, and 2 or 3 from BG and SoR.

Another thing I think we gotta work on, is trying to change the map mentality of “blob up”. I remember back on SBI, there would always be people on map chat asking “do we have any roaming groups going” or “LF 1 more for yak hit-squad”, stuff like that. Nowadays it’s all like “WE NEED EVERYONE ON THE MAP TO STACK GOGOGO”. So maybe if we start confronting that, and start asking a couple parties to organize and hit different objectives, we can improve the situation a bit.

Ideally, if we had more roaming parties organizing and hitting more objectives, major guilds would have to start to spread and each defend a different point, instead of having a single blob composed of multiple 30 person guilds.

I really don’t think that just trying to avoid the problem by running to a low tier would be the answer. Think about all that could go wrong. One of the servers could go up/down. You could end up with no so many players, and would basically just have to run around in empty maps killing solo PuGs. (this is basically what happened when me and a couple of guildies went to T8 for the free weekend). Then all that money in transfers were lost, and you’re in a worse situation than what you started.

Just my 2 cents, IMO we should try maybe a couple of weeks of actively trying to fix the issue on an actual combined effort between servers, before transferring to avoid it.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

(edited by Luiz Swordbreaker.6547)

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Why instead of just transferring everyone to a couple servers (which could backfire horribly), we don’t try working a bit on the tiers we got?

We could start by making a list of the guilds interested in this for each tier, and then pick a map for the whole week where all the roaming guilds would stay on. Yesterday for reset on BG BL, I know I saw at least 3 5-men groups from JQ roaming around, and 2 or 3 from BG and SoR.

Another thing I think we gotta work on, is trying to change the map mentality of “blob up”. I remember back on SBI, there would always be people on map chat asking “do we have any roaming groups going” or “LF 1 more for yak hit-squad”, stuff like that. Nowadays it’s all like “WE NEED EVERYONE ON THE MAP TO STACK GOGOGO”. So maybe if we start confronting that, and start asking a couple parties to organize and hit different objectives, we can improve the situation a bit.

Ideally, if we had more roaming parties organizing and hitting more objectives, major guilds would have to start to spread and each defend a different point, instead of having a single blob composed of multiple 30 person guilds.

I really don’t think that just trying to avoid the problem by running to a low tier would be the answer. Think about all that could go wrong. One of the servers could go up/down. You could end up with no so many players, and would basically just have to run around in empty maps killing solo PuGs. (this is basically what happened when me and a couple of guildies went to T8 for the free weekend). Then all that money in transfers were lost, and you’re in a worse situation than what you started.

Just my 2 cents, IMO we should try maybe a couple of weeks of actively trying to fix the issue on an actual combined effort between servers, before transferring to avoid it.

Being in t8 only one server will ever move at a time. We are going to have a system in place where every 5 man is held accountable for a certain amount of in game gold for the guilds on the server that moves. We are avoiding the zerg fights man. This is about small man competition.

T8 by the way is perfect for all you guys who were wondering if theres still people to fight. There is a 20-30 man same as everywhere else. The rest will be open for roaming teams.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Any idea on what day this meeting is on?

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Going to be messaging all guilds interested and see what works for the majority of people. Keep you all posted.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Scyatic.7604

Scyatic.7604

So is this just 5 man only. What if you like running 10 man ? If its only five why not just spvp

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

It’s not just 5 man. were inviting 5 mans, 10 mans, just guilds that feel that player vs player is more important than the pointless point system. We want to fight players, not npcs and doors.

This tier is going to be created for that environment. People that primarily run 10 or fewer. 5 mans as well.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Edyet.1253

Edyet.1253

LFG small group for wvw. JQ server.

in Looking for...

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I am just imagining the following:
The maps are evenly split, everyone “owns” their respective third of the map, everyone “owns” their borderland.
Every tower and keep got all their walls and gates trebbed down, no1 bothers about repairing and players are just dancing around the ruins, which once were perfectly defensible positions, trying to kill eachother.
Tbh, sounds awful~~

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Libertine Lush.1320

Libertine Lush.1320

I love this idea, but what about this alternative.

If some able folks could get together to create a “WvW Small Roaming LFG” site equivalent to GW2lfg.com, which is how many people form dungeon groups, and it works surprisingly well. Groups are formed within minutes of posting.

If we had such a site, we would obviate the considerable cost and risk in transferring servers. It would also be immune to the risk this proposed tier of small roaming servers faces: eventually becoming a zerging mess again, because as impassioned as the people in this thread are for this style of PvP play, it’s hard to imagine how our preference wouldn’t eventually be subverted by the dominant mode of WvW play by the 99% of the people in the proposed servers that aren’t aware of this thread’s mandate.

(I tried something similar, but as a thread in the forum. See my signature. But, of course, forum threads do not provide the instantaneous, convenient communication that a site like the aforementioned one does.)

(edited by Libertine Lush.1320)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Talentless and supporters: as of now, RIOT is still not prepared to move out of T1. However, we would definitely love to hear what you have to say. Please PM me the meeting time/day. I will try to get Rez (Invidious), Veretta (oPP), and someone from AAO to come. Myself and Vessu Verra want to attend as well.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

The more people we have in attendance to the meeting the better we can determine what is best. I can honestly say I run with the same 5-7 guys every night. We have found that its taken us about 3-4 months of THE SAME zerging crap to become extremely bored especially when it’s those same people talking smack on the forums after 40 of them killed 3/5 of our team.

We can talk about it more in the meeting, but the reason a mass xfer to t8 makes most sense is 2 major reasons…
1: server volatility. Only ONE server will ever be in question of moving shifting the dynamics of the tier. Obviously we will develope a system to bring that servers guilds back.
2: the zergs are just smaller. 20-30 mans as opposed to the impossible to even play on the map and enjoy even 5 minutes of being logged in 40-80 mans. Smaller zergs equal more space on each map to run into 5-10 mans roaming.

Like I said before, talentless and I understand the inconvenience of this exodus / xfering…. But it will ultimately prove LESS an inconvenience than the following:
1. Log on
2. Form ur guild grp
3. Build stacks for 3 minutes
4. Take south camp
5. Check out swords on a tower
6. Realize there are 22-44 noobing morons following a blue Dorito
7. Kite said noobing morons for 5-8 kills
8. Watch your stomps brought back to life in under 27 seconds total
9. Kite the fully revived 22-44 noobing morons to your spawn
10. Have 1-2 guildies go down during kiting
11. Realize these are the only red players (for the most part) on every server and every tier with a few exceptions
12. Log off in under 15 minutes due to terrible Wvw mechanics and non-hardcore mentality in 99% of the gw2 community.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Acelerion.6820

I am just imagining the following:
The maps are evenly split, everyone “owns” their respective third of the map, everyone “owns” their borderland.
Every tower and keep got all their walls and gates trebbed down, no1 bothers about repairing and players are just dancing around the ruins, which once were perfectly defensible positions, trying to kill eachother.
Tbh, sounds awful~~

All that crap still goes on and its fine with us. We may not like sieging/keep taking but I’mglad its there so we can farm the people who do like it.

Open world is free flowing. An ideal night involves a good amount of both zerg busting and 5v5.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in Looking for...

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

“They don’t play like we want them to play, therefor we must insult and berate them at every opportunity.”

I’m sure this “small man tier” initiative will go quite smoothly driven by your charm and warm personality. After all, surely everyone will commit to sticking to your exceedingly narrow view of “acceptable game play”.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Looking for...

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

“They don’t play like we want them to play, therefor we must insult and berate them at every opportunity.”

I’m sure this “small man tier” initiative will go quite smoothly driven by your charm and warm personality. After all, surely everyone will commit to sticking to your exceedingly narrow view of “acceptable game play”.

People who will chase 5-10 across a map with 40+ deserve to be ridiculed.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Once you graduate from Zerging and casual gameplay you’ll understand why we play and feel the way we do. Not here to casually press 1. We actually enjoy losing to players better than us, and working to beat them.

Beating 20 with 5-8 is impressive and usually full of mostly up levels and new pvpers, but not as impressive as killing a 5-6 man of Better players than your own group due to focus and coordination.

Talentless and I’s goal is not to charm any of these guilds…. I’m not trying to become best friends… We want better competition more regularly. Tough concept.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Npac.3476

Npac.3476

Here is how I see this idea:

The move to tier 8 is a ACTUAL effort to build this culture that we desire. Yes, it will cost gold and will be a bit of a hassle to set up at first…BUT it is 100% better than simply doing nothing and hoping things will change.

Now I know for some people this will be hard. Being a co-leader of a guild myself, I know how difficult juggling people’s desires, play styles, and even egos can be. And from that view point I can totally understand the hesitancy to “jump on board” with this consolidation idea….and if you and your guild need time to decide then by all means take it.

That being said however, I would ask of you that everyone here keep an open mind and attend the meeting this week. That way we can get a great platform to discuss our ideas and avoid all the other “crap” that sometimes invades these threads.

Zelrin- 80 Thief
Founder of PAXA

in Looking for...

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

People who will chase 5-10 across a map with 40+ deserve to be ridiculed.

What about when 5-10 people chase 1-3 people across a map? Do they deserve to be ridiculed as well, regardless of context?

in Looking for...

Acelerion.6820

Depends, are there any thieves and/or did said trio aj you at any time during the same play session?

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

For all of those interested in the tier wide havoc/small man tier creation meeting post here or send me a pm for info. We are planning on having our first voice chat meeting
Tomorrow to get the ball rolling at 9:30 EST. we can discuss who has real interest and what people are looking for in their “small mans” pvp.

Looking forward to having people who like to kill players in game and not doors on the same BL as us.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

So in summary what’s going on? A handful of guilds will be moving to each of the T8 servers in the hopes of running into each other? Or were all going to one T8 server? Which?

in Looking for...

Acelerion.6820

Split so we can fight each other

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

It’s about pvp for us. Having more of the same guilds on the same sever does zero good. So the plan is to split as evenly as possible the guilds interested in fighting onto all 3 servers.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Sounds good. I’m already in T8 so I’m looking forward to whoever shows up. I have a small group of 4 of us left from our old TBW days in Shadowbane roaming around and either joining with or fighting against you all.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

This sounds like a great plan, but i think ideally it would be better to balance out the guilds accross servers beisdes just one super server of roamers, or else it might make that server too strong. right now t7 is looking extremely balanced so hypothetically if we portioned the players correctly it would be a stable matchup for a while.

The old T8 with kaineg/FC/DR was a pretty evened out fight, not like t7 now, but it was fun n good.

Will you help me move?

in Looking for...

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

I hope this works out for you guys. I’d definitely to take a vacation to check out the roaming tier.

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

For all of those interested in the tier wide havoc/small man tier creation meeting post here or send me a pm for info. We are planning on having our first voice chat meeting
Tomorrow to get the ball rolling at 9:30 EST. we can discuss who has real interest and what people are looking for in their “small mans” pvp.

Looking forward to having people who like to kill players in game and not doors on the same BL as us.

Meeting in 20 mins post here or PM this guy if your interested.

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Thanks to all those guilds that were in the meeting tonight. So far [OINK] and [Invi] will be making the move to what we are trying to create as the competitive tier for small man teams.

Any guilds or people interested in discussing consolidating hardcore players into t8 PM me in game or on the forums.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

Most of us just sold some of our mat’s out of collectibles and we all should have enough money to transfer. Planning on moving to FC on friday.

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

My guild plays EU primetime (19:30CET+)
Besides our guild might be too huge for this tier as our enormous blob sometimes includes up to 7 people

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in Looking for...

Gully.7358

:( Rezz

<3

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Danyk,

If you know some other small roaming guilds in EU, tell them we are creating a platform for pvp in t8. They are welcome to come here as well. It will be a conducive environment for people that WANT to fight other players with the same intentions of killing them.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

My guild is almost unique in our tier so we try to adapt. Don’t think anyone else from EU would move to NA just for WvW when at nights they wouldn’t be able to vistit dungeons/god temples and other PvE… things. If you’re really looking for 8v8 or smaller fights you may as well get yourself a custom arena. As much as I’d love to fight you guys I don’t even think our builds and setup would be appropriate in equal number fights anymore :P
If you could maybe reach out to more EU players to get them interested so the matchup would be 24/7 GvG (group vs group), I’d seriously consider moving especially because some of us already complained about the pointless skill1 lagfest fights even in t4 now. It is pretty hard to find fights as it is atm, don’t know if groups like us even exist in this tier anymore :/

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

My guild is almost unique in our tier so we try to adapt. Don’t think anyone else from EU would move to NA just for WvW when at nights they wouldn’t be able to vistit dungeons/god temples and other PvE… things. If you’re really looking for 8v8 or smaller fights you may as well get yourself a custom arena. As much as I’d love to fight you guys I don’t even think our builds and setup would be appropriate in equal number fights anymore :P
If you could maybe reach out to more EU players to get them interested so the matchup would be 24/7 GvG (group vs group), I’d seriously consider moving especially because some of us already complained about the pointless skill1 lagfest fights even in t4 now. It is pretty hard to find fights as it is atm, don’t know if groups like us even exist in this tier anymore :/

Yea tell other EU guilds 5 mans/small mans to head here. Would love for their to be EU guilds that run ur prime time and NA guilds that run ours all on our tier.

PAXA -GM