Small man/Havoc Crew Tier Consolidation?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Correct me if I am wrong:

HoD = KoM / PAXA /

ET = BS / FoE / OINK

FC = Invi / Deth

There are a few other guilds who we have been running into groups under 10 but not sure how regular those groups run because we have only been here 2 weeks. The ones listed are daily.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sepsis.1564

Sepsis.1564

We still have one yet to transfer, I met KoM tonight … good first impression!

Elementalist Warrior Mesmer
Bush Hog [OINK] Devona’s Rest

in Looking for...

Posted by: fufu.8345

fufu.8345

Yea it was good fights all around tonight from everyone and I’m looking forward to your full roster.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer
Blackgate Henge of Denravi Borlis Pass Crystal Desert Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

It would be great if some of you guys could perhaps start recording your fights and posting them here. I’m sure that would help draw in other groups as well, seeing the fun you’re having

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gazden.5479

Gazden.5479

is GT one of the 5mans?

Gaz – Ranger/Mesmer/Guard
[OiNK] [GNSD] [ROAM]
http://youtu.be/86abmB_7wNI <— Solo WvW Ranger

in Looking for...

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

No GT is usualy a full glass zerg that ganks little people from what Ive seen, but have a few talented plaeyrs

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gazden.5479

Gazden.5479

No GT is usualy a full glass zerg that ganks little people from what Ive seen, but have a few talented plaeyrs

Cool thanks.

Also anyone interested in getting an IRC channel together for this?

Gaz – Ranger/Mesmer/Guard
[OiNK] [GNSD] [ROAM]
http://youtu.be/86abmB_7wNI <— Solo WvW Ranger

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Just an early reminder to anyone who actually gets a rush from fighting talented groups and players, t8 (guildwars2 wide) vent meeting is tnite in our guild vent discussing consolidating more guilds to our tier, and focusing the fighting onto certain maps each night so we can compete and all kick some kitten If you are interested and haven’t received the info yet please send me a PM.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Hod is currently the top in T8 and thus might get bumped into T7. It might even get stuck in T7 which can be zergier especially with NSP there according to what some have posted.

Wouldn’t that be a deterrent for small group wvw guilds to transfer there and instead aim for FC or ET since they have a more guaranteed chance of staying in that Tier?

in Looking for...

XII.9401

The more people we have in attendance to the meeting the better we can determine what is best. I can honestly say I run with the same 5-7 guys every night. We have found that its taken us about 3-4 months of THE SAME zerging crap to become extremely bored especially when it’s those same people talking smack on the forums after 40 of them killed 3/5 of our team.

We can talk about it more in the meeting, but the reason a mass xfer to t8 makes most sense is 2 major reasons…
1: server volatility. Only ONE server will ever be in question of moving shifting the dynamics of the tier. Obviously we will develope a system to bring that servers guilds back.
2: the zergs are just smaller. 20-30 mans as opposed to the impossible to even play on the map and enjoy even 5 minutes of being logged in 40-80 mans. Smaller zergs equal more space on each map to run into 5-10 mans roaming.

Like I said before, talentless and I understand the inconvenience of this exodus / xfering…. But it will ultimately prove LESS an inconvenience than the following:
1. Log on
2. Form ur guild grp
3. Build stacks for 3 minutes
4. Take south camp
5. Check out swords on a tower
6. Realize there are 22-44 noobing morons following a blue Dorito
7. Kite said noobing morons for 5-8 kills
8. Watch your stomps brought back to life in under 27 seconds total
9. Kite the fully revived 22-44 noobing morons to your spawn
10. Have 1-2 guildies go down during kiting
11. Realize these are the only red players (for the most part) on every server and every tier with a few exceptions
12. Log off in under 15 minutes due to terrible Wvw mechanics and non-hardcore mentality in 99% of the gw2 community.

Story of my life. Wish they wold remove the downed system and AOE limit.

in Looking for...

XII.9401

We should create a Tier called Tier PvP where eveyone and everybody is fair game like DAoC modred

Mordred was an amazing server. We used to group up as lowbies with previous pvp experience and stalk a high level in a pve zone (its a loop zone where groups loop around to fight each other). Then we would attack that lowbie in a group -we had lower stats and limited abilities, we didn’t have the top lvl stats- .

I was responsible for the CC and interrupting the casting. If you killed that high level you got tons of xp. It was scary being a high level and looking over to see a bunch of lowbies watching you from over the hill..waiting..

We eventually got chased off by the big guilds and had to hide and come back later :P

You also could disband an annoying player and kill him. Was great fun.

in Looking for...

XII.9401

some of us are getting bored of the current WvW meta of zerg this, zerg that (no not from dying to zergs, but from our only food being stragglers trying to get to them).

Would there not be interest from those who run <10 on a daily/nightly basis to consolidate to a single pretty static tier, like the bottom? If just 9 groups were up for this in a single prime time slot, that would leave us with 3 per server. It would allow us to keep the fun of unknown roaming, as opposed to organized GvGs, as well.

Please note I am focused on NA prime time.

You should arrange this on Anvil Rock for NA, or Desolation for EU, the dominant sPvP servers.

Anvil Rock would probably be better since Desolation is already a T1 zergy EU server, AR is T5 and from what I’ve heard, plays WvW the way they play sPvP – small groups of highly skilled roamers.

Would be cool to build on that foundation and make server full of 24/7 coverage of disruption squads.

AR has no small group guilds running around except one and it is casual and on most nights it can’t fill up. The opposite servers are zergy as well. Not as zergy as T1..but zergy enough to interrupt most of the good fights. The only small man action going on is duels behind the windmill @ S camp.

I know..I’ve been trying to 5 man effectively for the past 2 months or so.

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

We should create a Tier called Tier PvP where eveyone and everybody is fair game like DAoC modred

Mordred was an amazing server. We used to group up as lowbies with previous pvp experience and stalk a high level in a pve zone (its a loop zone where groups loop around to fight each other). Then we would attack that lowbie in a group -we had lower stats and limited abilities, we didn’t have the top lvl stats- .

I was responsible for the CC and interrupting the casting. If you killed that high level you got tons of xp. It was scary being a high level and looking over to see a bunch of lowbies watching you from over the hill..waiting..

We eventually got chased off by the big guilds and had to hide and come back later :P

Currently two of the most active 5 mans are docked in HoD (KoM and PAXA). SO we are populating the FC and ET 5 man slots first. You are correct, HoD will most likely move which means KoM and PAXA members will be paying to come back to the third server that moves down. But our goal is to have 3-5 5 mans on each server competing daily, and grow it from there.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

XII.9401

Currently two of the most active 5 mans are docked in HoD (KoM and PAXA). SO we are populating the FC and ET 5 man slots first. You are correct, HoD will most likely move which means KoM and PAXA members will be paying to come back to the third server that moves down. But our goal is to have 3-5 5 mans on each server competing daily, and grow it from there.

If you are planing on paying to transfer to the new server that gets knocked down to T8, why not transfer to the bottom two? or then it won’t be a 3way?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

If you are planing on paying to transfer to the new server that gets knocked down to T8, why not transfer to the bottom two? or then it won’t be a 3way?

You have more odds of finding other small-man groups if they split between three servers.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in Looking for...

Posted by: Rez.2578

Rez.2578

Just wanted to pop in and thank everyone for the fun fights so far this week, its been a long time since we’ve had to tweak our builds/play-style and that’s almost as fun as the fights!

Also if there is anyone out there that is interested in this but doesn’t have a group/guild that is interested in it we are usually only 3-4 instead of 5 on Monday, Friday and Saturday nights and various other times. We would rather not run with over 5 so there might be a little down time for you while we all 5 are on. But if your interested just hit me up and we’ll figure it out. (We’re on FC server)

Rezz[Invi]

(edited by Rez.2578)

in Looking for...

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

Rez even if u have to run with 6 its cool. We do at times.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

in Looking for...

XII.9401

Just a word of caution: Some of the guilds posting on this thread are not accepting members and some say they aren’t sure or want you to play certain classes.
So before you transfer, make sure you have a spot if your guild isn’t transferring.

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Just a word of caution: Some of the guilds posting on this thread are not accepting members and some say they aren’t sure or want you to play certain classes.
So before you transfer, make sure you have a spot if your guild isn’t transferring.

I don’t know what your referencing or who you are, but the idea is to come here and fight. We are recruiting like minded people who would like to fight small man teams daily. Other than that I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Im sure there are guilds here that will run with you and anyone else looking for a new team. Some probably don’t have room, but there are others most likely willing to give you a shot.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Sorry I missed the meeting last night. Riot is still keeping an eye on this project.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

Ya we know, just us personally we like just running with 1 group so we can see others health, ect.

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

XII.9401

I don’t know what your referencing or who you are, but the idea is to come here and fight. We are recruiting like minded people who would like to fight small man teams daily. Other than that I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Im sure there are guilds here that will run with you and anyone else looking for a new team. Some probably don’t have room, but there are others most likely willing to give you a shot.

*I’m saying what I just posted. When asked if your guild was recruiting you mentioned that your guild and KoM were full and not recruiting. Here are the screen shots attached.

Don’t be defensive and don’t get me wrong..I think what you guys are doing is great.

I’m clarifying things for people wanting to transfer. I don’t think anyone wants to transfer without understanding the full picture.

Basically what it comes down to is if you transfer here alone you will have to try your luck finding a guild running a 5man that isn’t full or asking you to run a certain class/build.*

Attachments:

in Looking for...

subcrazy.1098

Ya we know, just us personally we like just running with 1 group so we can see others health, ect.

Put the guy u like least on the outside hahahah just kidding.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Looking for...

XII.9401

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

To clarify, we aren’t inviting individuals to the tier to join our guilds. We’re inviting guilds with similar goals in the game. With that said, if you would like to transfer and get other guildless folks transferring (or already on the server you transferred to) and create a new guild, that’s awesome!

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in Looking for...

XII.9401

To clarify, we aren’t inviting individuals to the tier to join our guilds. We’re inviting guilds with similar goals in the game. With that said, if you would like to transfer and get other guildless folks transferring (or already on the server you transferred to) and create a new guild, that’s awesome!

So pay 35$ to transfer over and then start forming a guilld from scratch with or without the possibility of forming one? That’s not awesome, I think.

From what I understood from the meeting was you were welcoming single player transfers. But if the situation is as described above..why would they transfer if they can’t find a guild to run 5man? Doesn’t make any sense..

in Looking for...

Jscull.2514

Seems like a miscommunication. We are extending invites to T8 around gw2 to players/ guilds looking for small man action. I don’t believe anyone ever put up a message or post saying “t8 guilds recruiting guildless people”. Sorry if that’s what you thought, that was not our intention. When solo players xfer they have the opportunity to find a 5 man guild that needs a fill in or new member, or find people with the same intentions and group up and guild up to become a new 5 man. The meeting last night was held to focus the guilds we do have so far in the same direction of fighting. Our tier absolutely welcomes anyone tired of zergwars2…..we have created the platform for small man (under 10) roaming / solo / duo / trio roaming.

That being said, real 5 mans have needs as far as classes for slots in their guild. Don’t take offense if someone you are asking to join then asks you to bring a class they need to the table.

PAXA -GM

in Looking for...

subcrazy.1098

I used to run ele as my main. I meet up with paxa, ran with them and we meshed. There was a slight problem, I was the 3rd ele. They asked if I could switch, I did and went necro. So there are ppl looking and if ur willing to change classes then it could turn out for u. Just depends how bad u want to do smaller scale fights. For me it was worth. Even tho now we run with a ele maybe 30% of the time. We went from 3 to pretty much 0 eles lol.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Looking for...

XII.9401

Seems like a miscommunication. We are extending invites to T8 around gw2 to players/ guilds looking for small man action. I don’t believe anyone ever put up a message or post saying “t8 guilds recruiting guildless people”. Sorry if that’s what you thought, that was not our intention. When solo players xfer they have the opportunity to find a 5 man guild that needs a fill in or new member, or find people with the same intentions and group up and guild up to become a new 5 man. The meeting last night was held to focus the guilds we do have so far in the same direction of fighting. Our tier absolutely welcomes anyone tired of zergwars2…..we have created the platform for small man (under 10) roaming / solo / duo / trio roaming.

That being said, real 5 mans have needs as far as classes for slots in their guild. Don’t take offense if someone you are asking to join then asks you to bring a class they need to the table.

Nope that is not what I thought nor have I said that at any previous post but I like how you keep spinning this. I’m clearly stating what single player transfers should expect.

If I remember correctly, you stated in a reply above :‘We are recruiting like minded people who would like to fight small man teams daily.’
But in the mail response on a day prior and on a subsequent reply you said you are full and not looking for more? I don’t think there was any miscommunication.

At the moment there is currently no incentive for single players to pay 35$ to transfer.

If you are really serious -and I think you are- then you would list which 5man guild is recruiting on each server and what classes/builds they are after.

I will start: PAXA and KoM on HoD are not recruiting.

Otherwise there is no point for single players to transfer on the the possibility of being or not being recruited or starting or not starting their own guild. I’m sorry but that is what solo players transferring expect.

No body wants to start a guild at this point in the game on their own on a new server which is still mostly casual/zerging and expecting to find enough people of similar mentality for a 5man guild.

(edited by XII.9401)

in Looking for...

subcrazy.1098

If you are really serious -and I think you are- then you would list which 5man guild is recruiting on each server and what classes/builds they are after.

Otherwise there is no point for single players to transfer on the the possibility of being or not being recruited or starting or not starting their own guild. I’m sorry but that is what solo players transferring expect.

No body wants to start a guild at this point in the game on their own on a new server which is still mostly casual/zerging and expecting to find enough people for a 5man.

Your here so ask if anyone is looking for ppl. We are trying to make this easy for ppl but u will need to put a lil effort in yourself if u solo and need to find a group.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Looking for...

Skarloc.2569

Nope that is not what I thought nor have I said that at any previous post but I like how you keep spinning this. I’m clearly stating what single player transfers should expect.

If I remember correctly, you stated in a reply above :‘We are recruiting like minded people who would like to fight small man teams daily.’
But in the mail response on a day prior and on a subsequent reply you said you are full and not looking for more? I don’t think there was any miscommunication.

At the moment there is currently no incentive for single players to pay 35$ to transfer.

No body wants to start a guild at this point in the game on their own on a new server which is still mostly casual/zerging and expecting to find enough people of similar mentality for a 5man guild.

Just ask around and see if any of these guilds are looking for people. If you see other solo players who are interested in this, talk to them and see what they’re planning on doing. I am sure there is a guild out there who might need someone, but there’s no telling what they are looking for. Be a little more open into actively talking to other people about this.

in Looking for...

Skarloc.2569

I used to run ele as my main. I meet up with paxa, ran with them and we meshed. There was a slight problem, I was the 3rd ele. They asked if I could switch, I did and went necro. So there are ppl looking and if ur willing to change classes then it could turn out for u. Just depends how bad u want to do smaller scale fights. For me it was worth. Even tho now we run with a ele maybe 30% of the time. We went from 3 to pretty much 0 eles lol.

Sort of reminds me of a story. So I start leveling my Necro to 80 since Lava was currently running his Ele. Get the Necro to 80 to play with the group, and old sankittenger here decides to play Necro again! Lucky for me, I got to immediately level a Guard after that. Now get in the game Lava, we only have 2 right now!

in Looking for...

subcrazy.1098

Thats umm jscull fault for not finding out what I was playing lol.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

I all ready talked to you Yza last night and tried to get it going with you to join Invi but I guess you had already transferred to HoD.

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

Eh? What? We’re not recruiting? I did not know this. We would actually prefer to be able to run two 5-mans at once which can roam and come together to fight zergs if need be.

Also, I’d love to have a 5-man with 4 cute females in it. nomnomnom

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in Looking for...

XII.9401

Eh? What? We’re not recruiting? I did not know this. We would actually prefer to be able to run two 5-mans at once which can roam and come together to fight zergs if need be.

Also, I’d love to have a 5-man with 4 cute females in it. nomnomnom

See the screen shots above =o.

in Looking for...

XII.9401

I all ready talked to you Yza last night and tried to get it going with you to join Invi but I guess you had already transferred to HoD.

No man, I was in HoD when I messaged you. Nothing to do with you.

in Looking for...

XII.9401

No body wants to start a guild at this point in the game on their own on a new server which is still mostly casual/zerging and expecting to find enough people for a 5man.

Your here so ask if anyone is looking for ppl. We are trying to make this easy for ppl but u will need to put a lil effort in yourself if u solo and need to find a group.

Oh I’m sure me and others put some effort in it. The issue is I merely outlined some points for what people will be facing if they transfer here. I don’t see what the problem is of telling people about facts.

Anywho gl to you guys

in Looking for...

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

I just saw your username. You wouldn’t happened to have been a defiler, eh?

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

XII if you are really sick of zergwars just hop on down to T8 and run around solo. You will get a fair amount of 1 v 1, 1 v 2 and up.

Yes you will get steamrolled depending on the class you play if a zerg comes. Just pick places the outmanned buff is up and have at it, you never know if the 3 or 4 running at you are possible kills for a solo player or not possible until you try.

Solo or 2, 3 man teams is a great way to practice and chose builds/gear that work. I dont know if you are a spvp/tpvp player but i know my builds had to change for WvW and how I play is evolving the more WvW I do.

Just stepping into a 5 man group slot is not going to happen these guilds have the group set, and if you are backup for the 5 man team you will end up roaming solo time to time anyway.

Its not so bad solo roaming, until you try your luck with oink and die in two seconds.

The skill/gear gap in WvW is crazy sometimes.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Looking for...

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

Deffinately a humbling experience being in this environment. Were having to have a lot more conversations about group set up and strategy which is definitely a good thing.

Outside this tier you can roll up with 5 whatever and roll all night long. not so anymore.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

in Looking for...

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Deffinately a humbling experience being in this environment. Were having to have a lot more conversations about group set up and strategy which is definitely a good thing.

Outside this tier you can roll up with 5 whatever and roll all night long. not so anymore.

You dont seem to have a problem rolling me…. I kept trying to lead you into that BS/FoE group or them to you hoping to get a few kills in the chaos.

I have seen BS people die before but its hard as heck to do with that kitten super mes around. I was so close to getting a stomp on their thief….but nope go go gadget mes saves the day again.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Looking for...

Sepsis.1564

Nah, never played StarCraft.. just a bunch of DAoC (2003 to 2012)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

You dont seem to have a problem rolling me…. I kept trying to lead you into that BS/FoE group or them to you hoping to get a few kills in the chaos.

I have seen BS people die before but its hard as heck to do with that kitten super mes around. I was so close to getting a stomp on their thief….but nope go go gadget mes saves the day again.

Xom! I didn’t realize that was you last night. I’m trying to get BS and FoE to roll together on a more regular basis. Hallucination (BS Mes & guild leader) is amazing. That was a fun three way fight.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Looking for...

Rez.2578

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

“Join Isaiah Cartwright here on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel as he talks about good tactics for small squads in WvW. The livestream begins this Friday, May 10th, at noon Pacific time”

Rezz[Invi]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Defiler is from LOTRO, which is where most of KoM met (we picked up some here in GW2 of course).

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

“Join Isaiah Cartwright here on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel as he talks about good tactics for small squads in WvW. The livestream begins this Friday, May 10th, at noon Pacific time”

I learned a lot.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Looking for...

Posted by: fufu.8345

fufu.8345

I learned a lot.

I learned how to keep a poker face.

Siafu [Fu]
Sylvari Mesmer
Blackgate Henge of Denravi Borlis Pass Crystal Desert Fort Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

I learned a lot.

I learned how to keep a poker face.

Can’t read my, can’t read my…

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Looking for...

Sepsis.1564

Defiler is from LOTRO, which is where most of KoM met (we picked up some here in GW2 of course).

All of OINK have a DAOC background, however only we all did not play Dark Age together… as a guild. I primarly played in a guild called Caustic

(edited by Sepsis.1564)