Official T2 Matchup: DB|TC|FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

So much class KH

Hi
thats me the necro I’ll continue to /dance on your corpse until DB either moves up or down.

Um, guyz… a friendly suggestion: You don’t want an angry Loki on the field. He will paint the full map red, slaughter your yak’s and eat all your cookies.

Yeah … Loki is a one man zerg.

Hahahahahaahahahaha

I forgot you were in that server lol

LOL ‘that server’

<3

XD

I miss you <3

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

After like 283457945845 tries at synching up – we finally just said eff it, and got one. LOL! Was fun hanging out with Zoey, Larl, and Jadin =) – It’s like taking your toddler kids to get their family portrait done, hehe <3

Ignore my nub mes skills, she’s only good for one thing… Golem rushes.

Score update!

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

1) DB is pumped about being with TC/FA in T2 (No doubt)
2)DB also has a huge PvE/PvX community
3)Imo TC/FA wasn’t expecting our SEA crew to be that big. Everyone talks about [NNK], for good reason, but we have more than that.
4) Our guilds are still in the process of transferring over also. Only [RE] and [rB] are fully here.
5) This is the most important one, When TC/FA fought us last, they stomped on us, and I’m not sure they were expecting the server we have become. Caught by surprise. Things will be different now since they know we came to play.

To be fair I think you guys owned us during SEA in the past…so it wasn’t much of a surprise.

You guys have had a stronger SEA than us for a LONG LONG time.

Yea I would agree, just when other servers hear of our SEA crew it’s mostly [NNK] but we have more guilds than that, is all I meant!

P.S. At 9:00 EST/8 Central/6 PDT we are having a group score update! Please guest to FA and meet by the LA Lion! This is including AoN, this time you can’t run over me!!!!!!

Oh darn, I’m late! But it’s my birthday, I have an excuse – Take Two?? <3

Happy birthday!

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

LOL. We just had what amounted to an arrow-cart battle with BT in TCBL Bay.

Those things are SOOOO OP now. We had like 15-20 ACs and BT killed them all..With ACs.

BT pushed the Lord Room…and built ACs inside.

Oh mai ANet. What have you done to our game…

I wanted to ragequit after we lost it…and then I realized just how ridiculous and funny it was. xD

Was painfully boring, and I really hope they don’t encourage these arrow cart wars any further. :/

Kegmaster

in Match-ups

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Uhhh..pretty sure I saw sprinkles of FA blue dots on our BL as well as a lot of TC green dots on our BL during late NA timeslot.

One thing I did see was….seas of red. Endless…seas.

The people with red names are my favorite ones to fight.

Too bad it is only with 80 or so behind you! (have you seen their zurg)

I am familiar with the concept of zerg math. We outnumber you by a minimum of 30 people, while you simultaneously outnumber us by at least 30 people. The laws of physics (and logic) do not apply to zerg math.

Essentially, as soon as the number of enemies goes above 20 or so, they must outnumber you because no one’s going to bother to count that many people to prove you wrong. Once one side wins, their number doubles (or triples).

In the world of zerg math, victory is only attained through a vast numerical advantage, regardless of silly things like “reality”. No one can ever win through superior positioning, tactics, siege placement, etc. Only numbers. Ever.

In summary: Even if we really have less (~30, plus militia), we would still only win because we have more (80, assuming also plus militia).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Those things are SOOOO OP now. We had like 15-20 ACs and BT killed them all..With ACs.

I wanted to ragequit after we lost it…and then I realized just how ridiculous and funny it was. xD

Was painfully boring, and I really hope they don’t encourage these arrow cart wars any further. :/

Yeah.

We were on the verge of doing a Hills push to bring our BL back under control when you guys showed up and mowed over our little band at Vale.

That hurt.

Ouch.

Funny thing about it was, someone had JUST commented in mumble not 1 minute before about hoping BT wouldn’t show up just as we wanted to push hills. Saw that cloud of red and was like….You! You jinxed it!

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Yeah.

We were on the verge of doing a Hills push to bring our BL back under control when you guys showed up and mowed over our little band at Vale.

That hurt.

Ouch.

Funny thing about it was, someone had JUST commented in mumble not 1 minute before about hoping BT wouldn’t show up just as we wanted to push hills. Saw that cloud of red and was like….You! You jinxed it!

This man is expressing kindness to BT.

I…I don’t know how to react.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

I saw an AoN while in the FA LA.. It was … so unreal. I had never seen one so up close before, unless, he’s stabbing me…

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Yeah.

That hurt.

Ouch.

This man is expressing kindness to BT.

I…I don’t know how to react.

<3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

BT I want my morning back I spent over 5 hours walking yaks and 6g upgrading that bay lol not to mention the 20 AC’s I built that weren’t ticked it makes me very said panda!

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

BT I want my morning back I spent over 5 hours walking yaks and 6g upgrading that bay lol not to mention the 20 AC’s I built that weren’t ticked it makes me very said panda!

If it makes you and Venton feel any better, I think I am psychologically scarred from spending so much time on a treb. I didn’t think those walls would ever go down. And then those cows…. poor creatures. All kidding aside, this is definitely now Siege Wars 2 with how over powered ACs are.

You did an amazing job sieging it up. Just when we thought we had all of the carts and ballistas down we have another set of arrows raining down on us.

Would say I enjoyed the siege but it was painful. Did enjoy the fights with you guys in Bay when we took it and then when you almost grabbed it back (got that golem in there fast)

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

*AC meme page

Courtesy by VoTF!

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

This is how it went down at Bay, and I don’t think anyone from TC or FA really enjoyed the bore fest of it:

1. We took Briar and built a treb to kill the arrow carts on the gate.
2. We built 2 rams to kill the gate.
3. A bazillion arrow carts were behind the gate and killed the rams.
4. We ranged the gates down with our ossum staves.
5. Gate goes down and we are greeted to so many red circle on the ground, I thought the Bay contracted an aggressive form of the herpres simplex virus.
6. We get through the herpes after applying some Valtrex (which was a push through the gate).
7. We built 5 trebs in the vale to hit the inner. I can only imagine a lot of TC pugs were using this as a good opportunity to get WXP by repairing the gates/walls.
8. After a long bore fest of this. The walls and gates were finally down. We then put two trebs on the south outer gate of Bay to treb down siege on the walls.
9. We built another treb over looking the dock to kill more siege on the inner.
10. We made a push to the south inner gate and found out that Valtrex does not work because there was an outbreak of an even more nasty herpes strain.
11. We slowly built our own counter arrow carts and proceeded at a snails pace to take down what we could.
12. After taking down all the siege that we could while pushing with our own arrow carts, we pushed in and took the bay.

Now usually keep takes are fun and epic, this was nothing but boring and tasteless. Siege Wars 2, Treb Wars 2, Arrow Cart Wars 2, whatever you call it, it ain’t GW2.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

I wanted to say this after my first post but here goes:

ANet, you need to put down the lotion tube of fail you are rubbing all over each other and the WvW portion of the game. The worst idea for WvW you ever had was arrow carts. The next worst idea was making them shoot farther and with more damage.

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

A minor buff to AC might have been ok, but this is ridiculous honestly. If you’re not on siege you cannot help but feel useless as a player. Before you could throw down your CC and stuff, AC’s on the outside can easily take you down (with heavy toughness build and 3 levels into Siege bunker – not sure what’s their purpose now). Siege wars would’ve been fun when both defense and offense teams had equal level of fun. Now it’s just stupid.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

I hope everyone’s having fun on AC BL

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

A minor buff to AC might have been ok, but this is ridiculous honestly. If you’re not on siege you cannot help but feel useless as a player. Before you could throw down your CC and stuff, AC’s on the outside can easily take you down (with heavy toughness build and 3 levels into Siege bunker – not sure what’s their purpose now). Siege wars would’ve been fun when both defense and offense teams had equal level of fun. Now it’s just stupid.

The reason they got so strong is they got buffed. Then add the new WvW skill to it. If they didn’t buff it alone it would probably be ok.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

Where is AC BL, As a girl who really loves her Acs.. please tell me of this magical place?!?! Ohhh wait, it was Hills this morning at TC BL.

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8601

ThePainTrain.8601

EDIT: was meant to be in another thread, i apologize for the misplaced frustrations..

For the Toast!

(edited by ThePainTrain.8601)

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

The reason they got so strong is they got buffed. Then add the new WvW skill to it. If they didn’t buff it alone it would probably be ok.

Yea I am aware of that and was a bit excited when I read the patch notes from defense perspective, however reality seems to be a lot more different that it is pointless to use any player skills when both teams can AC each other out. Sure even I specced into AC (level 1 only after spending the rest on siege bunker), but I don’t see the point of double-buffs to it. Siege must act as a support to players, not other way round. Earlier you had AC’s keep enemies in check, while the rest of your team would flank the enemy and wipe them. There’s strategy involved in there. Now it’s similar to killing rabbits and chicken – pointless and boring.

It’s definitely not the worst change or game-breaking, but makes fights a lot boring.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

(edited by phaneo.4597)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

More AC’s! Must build MORE!

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Hahaha, awesome

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

HoD

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

LOL

That about sums it up!

in Match-ups

Evalana.5480

1) DB is pumped about being with TC/FA in T2 (No doubt)
2)DB also has a huge PvE/PvX community
3)Imo TC/FA wasn’t expecting our SEA crew to be that big. Everyone talks about [NNK], for good reason, but we have more than that.
4) Our guilds are still in the process of transferring over also. Only [RE] and [rB] are fully here.
5) This is the most important one, When TC/FA fought us last, they stomped on us, and I’m not sure they were expecting the server we have become. Caught by surprise. Things will be different now since they know we came to play.

To be fair I think you guys owned us during SEA in the past…so it wasn’t much of a surprise.

You guys have had a stronger SEA than us for a LONG LONG time.

Yea I would agree, just when other servers hear of our SEA crew it’s mostly [NNK] but we have more guilds than that, is all I meant!

P.S. At 9:00 EST/8 Central/6 PDT we are having a group score update! Please guest to FA and meet by the LA Lion! This is including AoN, this time you can’t run over me!!!!!!

Oh darn, I’m late! But it’s my birthday, I have an excuse – Take Two?? <3

Happy birthday!

Thanks =)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Now usually keep takes are fun and epic, this was nothing but boring and tasteless. Siege Wars 2, Treb Wars 2, Arrow Cart Wars 2, whatever you call it, it ain’t GW2.

Today AoN broke down and built a treb, it was a guild first. It fulfilled Convenant’s childhood dream of building a treb, but otherwise it was not as momentous as we might have hoped.

Unfortunately a zerg wouldn’t come out from behind the milegate to fight and then set up AC’s to prevent us from coming through the milegate to play Treb took out the AC’s and a ballista, but it took way to long. So much effort to counter a few arrow carts

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Annnd score update ….

Attachments:

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

ANet has no idea what to do with WvW. Oh people complain it’s ‘zergy’, so they added arrow carts to deter infantry… they work, but are easily countered by actually having Toughness and a modicum of survival instinct. So they go ahead and make them even more powerful in the name of killing the ‘zerginess’ that is WvW.
It’s a war zone between 100+ man queue’s, of course there’s going to be large groups, get the f over it. Adapt and learn, or just continue doing the same garbage and die.
Of course, one server says ‘80 red names’ showed up… the most ironic statement that litters these forums, especially when it’s pretty clear via BT’s TS, that’s there’s only 30-40 people connected, somehow the number magically doubles according to the enemy. Unlike other servers, FA’s entire queue isn’t just one giant zerg ball pvdoor’ing or pressing auto-attack while following the blue dorito an entire map while people are sleeping or working, you know, to live.

Sieging is boring. Incredibly boring. You can put hours into defending an objective only to wake up hours later to it being taken because of the 24/7 PPT game that is server hopping. Likewise, you can put hours into taking an objective only to be met by more and more improved siege which annihilates large group of players. Essentially turning what could be a few battles over the course of 30 minutes to instead hours of sitting around pressing and holding 2, then firing. ZZZzzz. The incentive is just not there. People don’t fight since the reward is clearly not there. Bags? How has this not been fixed yet? I mean seriously… How about raid windows?
Seems to me there’s likely little to no resources being into one aspect of the game that attracts a certain type of mmo player that will continue to play day in and day out seeking glory on the electronic battlefield. They buffed the one siege piece that didn’t need buffing. Culling pushed things forward. Now we’re just going pedal to the metal in reverse… Give us something worthwhile for WvW’ing, not some abstract ‘server wide bonuses’. The incentive to do fractals, dungeons, daily, etc are all there, but there just hasn’t been any of that added to actually getting everyone to want to have their server do well.

Regardless, this week proved to be interesting with the ‘new’ DB joining the tier. Quite a few good battles and people who actually fight.

PS: These are my opinions, not those of BT. Ranting done.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

gvaughn.4163

Glad you got that off your chest.

This has been a pretty good week of fights. I’ve been rolled by a few BT zergs and there’s been DB folks in towers, but for the most part it’s been alright. TC is in last place, but that personally doesn’t bother me too much at the moment. There has been a good showing by FA and DB and we’re really getting the pressure. It happens.

Not a big fan of the AC changes though. I really didn’t think there was a problem with them before.

HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

At least DB offers up gvg and open field fights. Thats added a new dimension to tier 2. And they split in to smaller groups <3

I hope the ACs get a healthy dose of the nerf bat, otherwise people will just hide in towers and protect their ppt.

Booooring

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

10 FA commanders in TCBL right now. Not sure if WvW or Lions Arch.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

in Match-ups

gvaughn.4163

I’ve had lots of open field fights with both FA and DB, and lots of fights where they were holed up in a tower defending like mad. I don’t think any server has a particular style of fighting other than just to do what seems rational at the time.

I actually like playing defense, but that’s just me. Different strokes and all.

HoD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Well, the beginning of the night was fun, breaking down outer bay on DBBL and DB showing up in force to fight. Great battle there on the bridge by south bay. Awesome job on both sides IMO – the fight itself was constant and about 10-15 minutes long. After that, though, the new AC buff reared its ugly head and turtling commenced. Was boring for us, and I’m betting that you DB guys in Bay didn’t have much fun during that timeframe either.

Well, silver lining, at least we had like 15 minutes of fun. Gotta admit, really hate this new AC buff.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gerascophobe.8602

Gerascophobe.8602

I counted 14 at one point

Had a great night tonight, although some of those arrow cart wars did get quite dull. Many thanks to all servers for a great week thus far.

Attachments:

Mr. Mastermind; Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

I saw an AoN while in the FA LA.. It was … so unreal. I had never seen one so up close before, unless, he’s stabbing me…

Was it my Afro?!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I counted 14 at one point

Had a great night tonight, although some of those arrow cart wars did get quite dull. Many thanks to all servers for a great week thus far.

First this earlier in the week and now screenshots of a commander zerg sporting fireworks.. if we start running around as dolyaks singing about some parade, I’m gonna be so ashamed..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Score update here!

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Match-ups

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

Uhhh..pretty sure I saw sprinkles of FA blue dots on our BL as well as a lot of TC green dots on our BL during late NA timeslot.

I am familiar with the concept of zerg math. We outnumber you by a minimum of 30 people, while you simultaneously outnumber us by at least 30 people. The laws of physics (and logic) do not apply to zerg math.

Essentially, as soon as the number of enemies goes above 20 or so, they must outnumber you because no one’s going to bother to count that many people to prove you wrong. Once one side wins, their number doubles (or triples).

In the world of zerg math, victory is only attained through a vast numerical advantage, regardless of silly things like “reality”. No one can ever win through superior positioning, tactics, siege placement, etc. Only numbers. Ever.

In summary: Even if we really have less (~30, plus militia), we would still only win because we have more (80, assuming also plus militia).

we almost proved this entire post wrong yesterday in EB was apx 15 (RE) – 50 TA(not sure if it was 1 guild mainly or not) we almost won by kiting effective choke points and attacking the backline of squishies when open (this was open field combat outside between a keep and tower no siege fired)

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

we almost proved this entire post wrong yesterday in EB was apx 15 (RE) – 50 TA(not sure if it was 1 guild mainly or not) we almost won by kiting effective choke points and attacking the backline of squishies when open (this was open field combat outside between a keep and tower no siege fired)

psst!
I think his/her post was satire.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Zerg math is the best math.

Video evidence removes all doubt after the fact, but people can get pretty crazy with their numbers.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

I don’t know if you’re reading this, but to the FA Recruit guardian at the top of the vista at our keep in EB: You won. I had to go, but I don’t think I could have get you down there. Although I really wanted to ‘cause when I heard that you were still up there even after the second wave of FA we defeated I was like ’Wow, dat guardian’.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in Match-ups

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

hahaha it was actually 13 we just had some fun in ts so we al lput the tags up XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Score Update!

Finals are almost over. Yah!

Attachments:

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

I hate arrow carts. I hate siege all together. ANET just give us a kitten way to 20v20. You did call this game GUILD WARS 2 did you not? Whats the point of the name if we can not fight other guilds in any kind of organized fashion beyond needlessly queuing BLs and dumping 40 people into the south windmill area.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Good fights last night again everyone, FA was out in force all night, you guys are seriously tough to contend with, some very good fights with VK in EB last night.

TC has gotten a lot more aggressive as well IMO as the week has gone on, ya’ll didn’t have a problem charging out of the keep/tower last night to wipe us for sure

I try to be mostly positive in these WvW threads, but the AC change did kitten me off more than once last night, that kitten has to change back or at least be toned down, 2 AC’s should not be able to lock down a gate from 15-20 people imo.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

You did call this game GUILD WARS 2 did you not? Whats the point of the name if we can not fight other guilds

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

“The Guild Wars are the three wars among different guilds in the three human kingdoms of Ascalon, Kryta, and Orr”

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I get the feeling that the AC thing was an ANet knee jerk response to the use and effect of golem rushes on fully upgraded keeps & towers. Which basically makes a mockery of reinforced doors / walls etc..

Get rid of golems, crank the AC’s back to normal and lets all utilize real siege craft. Taking keeps should be difficult, but doable… with rams, trebs and catas.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

anyone want to just GvG us. AC carts scare me. I feel the need to hide behind the windmill and not leave until they get rid of the 80% buff.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee