It’s gotten wierd again….

Time to go hang out with Busey.

You sure?

T2 NA: TC/DB/FA 5/24

in Match-ups

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

In all seriousness, and despite all the crap talking I have done recently:

This has been a great matchup. Every week has been fun.

With the changes coming up, we could be seeing some different opponents…lets just remember how much better Tier 2 in its current state is right now as opposed to Tier 1.

Lets face it, we are better servers than them. They have coverage. Otherwise they are weak sauce.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Did somebody say divorce?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s gotten wierd again….

Time to go hang out with Busey.

You sure?

Hahahahaa omg!!!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

It’s a real pleasure to see FA kicking tail the way they are.

There are worse places to be kicked.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

In all seriousness.

Population between the 3 servers isnt the issue, it’s participation.

3 weeks ago DB had MASSIVE participation, why that’s changed only you guys can answer.

Stacking to plug a lack of participation is self defeating in the long run, now that you are full, you need to get your guys out rather than stuff more bodies in.

The NNK cmdr knows what’s better for the long term imo.

My 2c, an opinion nothing more.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

3 weeks ago DB had MASSIVE participation, why that’s changed only you guys can answer.

I think it boils down to three basic things:

A) Morale
B) Burnout
C) Fairweathers

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Wow that RE thread is causing so much drama it cannot be contained within one thread!

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

It’s over 9000!

(At the rate it’s going it may really get 9k views lol)

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Wow that RE thread is causing so much drama it cannot be contained within one thread!

I’m just a little flabbergasted that FULL servers are trying to recruit. That’s….completely illogical. FWIW, I hope they choose FA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

It can, except Goat felt like bringing the discussion here to let everyone know that I’m mentally unstable.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

It can, except Goat felt like bringing the discussion here to let everyone know that I’m mentally unstable.

Busey has been lonely….

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Oh come now. You’re insane, just like the rest of us on TC. <3

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Busey has been lonely….

I don’t even know who he actually is lol.. I’m not old enough to know all these random people you’re all talking about.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Thanks for the nod Hickeroar. And hats off to TC honestly. At the beginning of this week I had hoped that FA would claim its first victory over T2 (mostly wishful thinking of course) but once again you guys have proven that you are the champs of this tier. I checked MOS and I counted 18 weeks total that FA/TC have faced each other, and thankfully the hostilities have settled down to a respectable level.

Dragonbrand, you are awesome opponents. You came out of the gate into T2 with a fury, but unfortunately you have lose some of your luster. Hopefully the server mixups will bring some of it back.

Cheers all and in all likelihood we will be fighting each other some more so stay awesome!

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

(edited by nibbles.2408)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

A) Morale
B) Burnout
C) Fairweathers

Those are some pretty generic reasons that point to somewhat of a negative attitude. I tend to think the reasons are less dramatic. For example the push into T2 motivated a lot of people to play more and put in longer hours. After that initial rush, the participation dropped back down to what you might call “normal”. That is people return to their normal schedule, the status quo, because the excitement of moving up to T2 has worn off, and many of us still have lives outside of gaming that we were perhaps neglecting those first couple weeks in T2.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

A) Morale
B) Burnout
C) Fairweathers

Those are some pretty generic reasons that point to somewhat of a negative attitude. I tend to think the reasons are less dramatic. For example the push into T2 motivated a lot of people to play more and put in longer hours. After that initial rush, the participation dropped back down to what you might call “normal”. That is people return to their normal schedule, the status quo, because the excitement of moving up to T2 has worn off, and many of us still have lives outside of gaming that we were perhaps neglecting those first couple weeks in T2.

It wasn’t meant to be negative at all. It’s happened to TC several times, and we always bounce back. The first two weeks you guys were here, many of our guilds took a two week haitus due to scheduling issues, burnout, etc. The fairweathers just stopped showing up because our score didn’t look “competitive” enough. Morale drooped for those who didn’t know that people really just needed a break for a couple weeks.

It’s nothing to be ashamed of, or scared of. It just happens.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

3) TC tries to recruit too so stop being a hypocrite

Nerf hippo precision!

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Nerf hippo precision!

Ok i give.

I dont get it.

Finger moon?

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Nerf hippo precision!

Ok i give.

I dont get it.

Finger moon?

hypocrite

hippo crit

precision = crit chance.

Nerf hippo precision.

xD

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Nerf hippo precision!

Ok i give.

I dont get it.

Finger moon?

hypocrite

hippo crit

precision = crit chance.

Nerf hippo precision.

xD

Lol nice

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

so because we have more now than before we should just stop, lmao. we have room for more in WvW, and again stop worrying about what DB does, it’s really noneya!

I forgot clown cars have unlimited space.

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I think everyone started drinking early today:

Attachments:

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Nerf hippo precision!

Ok i give.

I dont get it.

Finger moon?

hypocrite

hippo crit

precision = crit chance.

Nerf hippo precision.

xD

Someone understands me! I promised *sniffle* myself *sniffle* wouldn’t cry.

Why is that e even on the end for?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

In all seriousness, and despite all the crap talking I have done recently:

This has been a great matchup. Every week has been fun.

With the changes coming up, we could be seeing some different opponents…lets just remember how much better Tier 2 in its current state is right now as opposed to Tier 1.

Lets face it, we are better servers than them. They have coverage. Otherwise they are weak sauce.

First time in this matchup as a recent transfer from T1 to T2. These are definitely far more entertaining fights than the tier 1 fights. Tier 1 is full of inter-guild drama and kittentalking. In this tier people actually do things instead of just talking about doing things.

A week ago I was unsure of the decision to transfer, now I’m happy we did. Keep up the good fighting everybody!

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Recruitment thread progression:
DB: Come join our community. we’re pretty cool.
Other servers esp. TC and FA: Db sucks they are full of jerks.
DB: no we’re pretty cool and proud of it.
Other servers: Wagon Brand, Wagon Brand!!!
DB: Come on, we made it to T2 without transfers.
Other servers: cricket, cricket…You got transfers we Hate you!!!
DB: but thats because we’re a pretty cool community.

and on, and on, and on…

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

and on, and on, and on…

That’s a pretty self-serving post consisting of nothing more than imaginations on your part.

No one thinks DB are jerks.

DB did become a bandwagon server. It’s just a fact. There’s even a quote from Loki of NNK floating around about it. This happens to lots of servers, and I personally don’t see too much of a problem with it. It only becomes a problem when a FULL server is still trying to recruit. They couldn’t transfer to DB even if they wanted to…

Yes, DB did get to T2 mostly on their own. The transfers mostly had nothing to do with that. Transferring your guild to a winning server is a “bandwagon” move. That is where the reputation/allegations come from.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

and on, and on, and on…

That’s a pretty self-serving post consisting of nothing more than imaginations on your part.

DB did become a bandwagon server. It’s just a fact. There’s even a quote from Loki of NNK floating around about it. This happens to lots of servers, and I personally don’t see too much of a problem with it. It only becomes a problem when a FULL server is still trying to recruit. They couldn’t transfer to DB even if they wanted to…

Yes, DB did get to T2 mostly on their own. The transfers mostly had nothing to do with that. Transferring your guild to a winning server is a “bandwagon” move. That is where the reputation/allegations come from.

There is no mostly about it…

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

and on, and on, and on…

Self serving much?

When did we call you jerks?

I dont think anyone has unequivocally branded DB as such, in fact alot of posts are about how much we RESPECT DB’s core, the same group that brought them to T2.

Face it, NOBODY likes a server that is perceived to be recruiting aggressively.

JQ got massive amounts of flack for it, so did TC and FA and KN.

However, once those servers were FULL, aggressive recruitment USUALLY stops.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

and on, and on, and on…

I don’t know the history of DB. The only guild I wasn’t sure about was Agg. Didn’t they have something to do with the rise of DB in T3, or did they transfer in late like everyone else?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

and on, and on, and on…

I don’t know the history of DB. The only guild I wasn’t sure about was Agg. Didn’t they have something to do with the rise of DB in T3, or did they transfer in late like everyone else?

No, transfers came in after DB was headin to T2. It has been stated that DB needed guilds to help stay competitive in this tier and received guilds when we came in. Now move on, this topic has been discussed/lied about/ blasted by lots of people, frankly it’s annoying at this point. DB was not Kain, we were not carried tiers by transfers and if people wanna bandwagon to DB now, who cares. At this point, DB needs to shut up about it and so does TC and FA.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

It wasn’t meant to be negative at all. It’s happened to TC several times, and we always bounce back. The first two weeks you guys were here, many of our guilds took a two week haitus due to scheduling issues, burnout, etc. The fairweathers just stopped showing up because our score didn’t look “competitive” enough. Morale drooped for those who didn’t know that people really just needed a break for a couple weeks.

The way I see it, a server has a standard level of morale, burnout, and fairweathers. In the first two weeks, the levels were high/low/high which means good turnout. I think the levels have returned back to normal, as opposed to your suggestion, which that those levels are low/high/low.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

The way I see it, a server has a standard level of morale, burnout, and fairweathers. In the first two weeks, the levels were high/low/high which means good turnout. I think the levels have returned back to normal, as opposed to your suggestion, which that those levels are low/high/low.

/shrug

Maybe so. I just didn’t wanna sell DB short or anything.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

and on, and on, and on…

You may be missing the underhanded reason why a lot of the recruiting happened in the first place: a certain few people had dreams of reaching T1 with a new server, so they focused on recruiting with that goal in mind. That’s the reason people label DB as a bandwagon server. Ironically, even with the thousand or so transfers that did happen, it doesn’t appear to have made any difference in that goal.

Wanting to recruit is fine, but I can’t really respect ripping guilds from a T1 Server to get the T2 server that said person is on to T1 for some weird fantasy. Hilariously enough, even if you guys had stomped all over T2 as planned, ANet would have swooped in with the new rating change.

Just my opinion though.

Furthermore, to the DB people still trying to get transfers: your server is full. Let some other servers have the guilds please. Despite your awesome community, you can’t stuff anyone else in there reliably anyhoo.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Thank you FA for that little run around i had to do. Nothing more fun then having a small FA zerg chasing you to the ends of the the mists and back just for one kill xP i think i saw a necro commander somewhere behind me while I was running.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Yes, DB did get to T2 mostly on their own. The transfers mostly had nothing to do with that.

Yeah, well, we’re the Coast with the Toast, babe.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pichu.5348

Pichu.5348

TC and FA really need to end their truce already, it’s getting very old.

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarauderKing.4572

MarauderKing.4572

Since we are new to the server – I obviously won’t speak for old school DB or the older recruiting agenda. With the change up in Tier systems – I don’t see anything wrong with any of the servers in any of the Tiers trying to get more coverage across the time zones. The best servers typically just have more people on during the most hours, and during the prime time slots its typically a slugfest where scores are usually split at approximately 1/3 per server.

If you can increase coverage without sacrificing your server community (the reason we moved to DB) I would see that as a net gain for the server.

Haniko – [FIRE] FIRE Gaming Community
Dragonbrand (Ex-JQ)

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

We are in the process of serving divorce papers.

Normality will resume shortly.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Things look bad when no one comes out to play. All you see is green and red. Blue Team, stop farming coins or whatever and come out.

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Another T1 narf

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Several postings that were against the rules of this forum have been removed. You can find a reminder on these rules here. To prevent that this thread gets locked, please keep them in mind when posting.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

Good thing tiers are being taken away, so either of the 3 current t1 servers you may face can put your bold statement to the test.

Käï | Sanctum

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

@ TC

Does it confusing listening to your TS3 and DB’s TS3 at the same time?

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

This thread is going to be locked

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

That was me leading the havoc squad in TC BL for the last hour Had fun fighting superior numbers of TC and in a few cases winning! That fight between NE bay and Garrison, as well as the fight at north camp was very fun! Thanks TC for the fun!

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Master Farkha.1857

Master Farkha.1857

@ TC

Not confusing at all.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

@ TC

Not confusing at all.

Oh stop feeding the paranoia, you.

*poke

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

That was me leading the havoc squad in TC BL for the last hour Had fun fighting superior numbers of TC and in a few cases winning! That fight between NE bay and Garrison, as well as the fight at north camp was very fun! Thanks TC for the fun!

Who’s the charr guy in your guild that was on TCBL about 10 minutes ago. We had four guys wailing on him, hitting him with stuns, snares, confusion, etc … and nada. He got maybe 2% damage total, resisted all the stuns, snares, etc .. and ran up to the vista at north camp. I really want to know his build, lol, cos four of us couldn’t even make a dent in him.

in Match-ups

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

This thread is going to be locked

im in agreement this thread should have been locked earlier and imo some of the posters recieveing a temporary ban. thx anet for deleteing the worst posts but still a lot of it going around

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]