T8: 5/24/13 HoD-FC-ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

I, for one, am looking forward to being done with HoD…

I can’t put my finger on it, but I am not fond of HoD either. SF was fine. GoM was fine. vs HoD feels so unfun for some reason…Perhaps it is a general malaise

For the record, I don’t have a problem with PAXA….

Actions of individuals reflect on the collective though. If you are representing your server/guild, what you do is what people will associate with that server/guild. It is the impression that is given. External people, by definition, have no insight what goes on within. They judge by the only experience they have access to.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

I JUST WANT MY GOM AND NSP BACK T_T…. you guys arent really talkitive in LA as them… I mean FC started to get going and ET was just dead =( I will be back to annoy you guys in LA >.> You can count on it!

Hugs and Kisses

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

@Devon, you need to hang out in the right spot in LA. We tend to talk in say chat. Especially when the regulars get together and the conversations get downright silly.

I was complaining the other day that I got stuck all day chatting in LA and not getting any playtime in.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

I can’t put my finger on it, but I am not fond of HoD either. SF was fine. GoM was fine. vs HoD feels so unfun for some reason…Perhaps it is a general malaise

Actions of individuals reflect on the collective though. If you are representing your server/guild, what you do is what people will associate with that server/guild. It is the impression that is given. External people, by definition, have no insight what goes on within. They judge by the only experience they have access to.

It’s a numbers thing. You run to one side of the map and wipe their pvdoor, only to have to run to some other side to take care of a separate pvdoor. They you have to go to your BL because their 3rd and 4th group are there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

That’s a really terrible way to justify crapping on an entire group of people. People should treat the actions of the individual as an individual. For instance, a Deth member laughed at one of my uplevelled guildmates after he got zerged by about 15+ folks so should I:

Blame Deth for having the player in the guild
Blame the server for having him on the server
Blame the individual for being a butt

There is a right answer to this.

‘External people’ should have the intelligence to recognize that the individual does not equal the group and it saddens me that some apparently do not.

Audun

(edited by Aratoa.7398)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

I, for one, am looking forward to being done with HoD…at least for a few weeks. While I have only been on FC for about a month now I have come to dislike HoD more than any other server I have faced in WvW. I have never faced a server that mistakes their coverage and numbers for skill and superiority so much like HoD does. I have never seen a server run so much from even or fair fights out in the open like HoD does. I have never seen a server go out of there way so much to chase down a smaller force (even 1 to 2 people) like HoD does. I have never seen a server emote so much like HoD does…of course this is normally after they have ran from a fair fight to the safety of guards/tower/etc or after they have ran down a group they outnumbered 4 to 1.

Prior to moving to FC I had been on SoR since the headstart. When ANet announced free transfers to lower population servers several weeks ago HoD was actually my top choice to transfer to. This was based on reading over the forums and the respect HoD was given there by their opponents. I am so glad I didn’t though. I don’t know if the make up of HoD changed because of the free transfers or because of their fall to Tier 8 or if this is how it has always been on there.

Anyway good luck versus your new opponents on Friday HoD, please don’t be in a hurry to return to Tier 8.

I am sorry to tell you this, but you’re acting irrational. I expect that this is because someone zerged you and then emoted you.

I generally have people from ET and FC running from even numbered fights and turtling when they have more. Commanders emoting me because they weren’t able to zerg me while I was alone etc..

Does this mean that everyone on ET and FC is like that? No, because generalizing everyone according to where they are from is something I believe to be wrong. In fact, I learned that at the same time that I learned why racism was a bad thing. Although in all fairness, I guess it is foolish of me to think that everyone believes in that same value.

In any case, if you were being rational right now, you would not have claimed the mistaking numbers for skill issue, as if you really had been on SoR since the beginning, you would have remembered fighting BG in t2.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

Its funny ppl think its 1 server when all do it. I have footage of us standing out side a keep just 5 of us with 20ish ppl inside and won’t come fight. But there waiting on the AC’s.

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: kurath.9406

kurath.9406

It’s a numbers thing. You run to one side of the map and wipe their pvdoor, only to have to run to some other side to take care of a separate pvdoor. They you have to go to your BL because their 3rd and 4th group are there.

I feel like this is a reference to the recent BL wipe of FC. I don’t necessarily know where you were in that but it is part of our tactics. We only have a couple particularly large WvW guilds, but a lot of smaller organized ones and that is what we do – each work our own thing. We also have a couple of serial map hoppers, which means the pressure can hit anywhere.

Our most recent push on FC BL, I’m not certain we did have the numbers but we did have an organizational advantage. We pulled 10-15 FC to our group of 5 by throwing a golem at watergate while our larger group took Bay. Then the small group moved on Dawns while the large group moved on Garrison. Our group of 5 managed to take the tower and pick off 10 people trying to reinforce the garrison group because the FC militia was unsure if they should be fighting on rescuing to the valued objective.

Perhaps you had gotten reinforcements in after that, but once a single objective remained we did not have enough to actually fight you straight up.

Its not something unique to us by any means either, we just managed to execute it successfully there. Just before that three FC groups had hit three different objectives while trying to retake their BL, but working it with militia doesn’t quite work as well as organized groups. And, of course, it works better with more numbers which we definitely have this week – but more numbers in total isn’t more numbers on a map or all the time either.

Anyway, I spent about 10 hours in FC BL this morning/afternoon and it was a great back and forth with both sides pressing advantages. I’d like to thank VLK for setting me up with a hills late last night and hopefully it’ll be returned to them tonight with the shiny new waypoint if we can hold it til then. Also thanks to the FC commander who portal bombed the west cliff of hills for some reason, leading to 6 instant fear kills for me :P

PS. Should TTA want to investigate, 9 hours into that 10 hour run we saw a TTA thief on the outer walls of [EDIT: y]our hills inside the keep. It was fairly suspicious, though nothing came of it.

Genesis Theory [GT] – HoD

(edited by kurath.9406)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cyphel.3659

Cyphel.3659

That’s a really terrible way to justify crapping on an entire group of people. People should treat the actions of the individual as an individual. For instance, a Deth member laughed at one of my uplevelled guildmates after he got zerged by about 15+ folks so should I:

Blame Deth for having the player in the guild
Blame the server for having him on the server
Blame the individual for being a butt

There is a right answer to this.

Yes, you are absolutely right! Cue bit-of-a-sociology-rant:

However, if there is a large number of poor-sportsmanship displays from several persons, it gives a bad impression to the $THING they represent. People like to think they don’t judge a book by the cover, but it is seldom genuinely true. I know I am most certainly no saint!

Example: There is a reason most people avoid the seedy areas of town at night unless armed/prepared – reputation and the actions of some residents give it a bad kitten

xample: $ORGANIZATION is viewed as corrupt because some members chose to participate in an illegal activity.

Example: $GUILD in GW2 is viewed as “good” because of their in game achievements and attitude

Does that make sense? *none of this post was meant in a snarky or offensive way, I do enjoy discussions of this type! It is offtopic though, I would be more than happy to continue by PM!

(edited by Cyphel.3659)

in Match-ups

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

I just took some time to read through Ungood’s thread on his little separate QQ forum… made my day. It must be eating him up not being able to respond on these forums, as he posts responses to subcrazy on the whine about PAXA thread. Really, can’t wait 3 days? Too long of a vacation for a forum warrior? lol. So money.

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

I just took some time to read through Ungood’s thread on his little separate QQ forum… made my day. It must be eating him up not being able to respond on these forums, as he posts responses to subcrazy on the whine about PAXA thread. Really, can’t wait 3 days? Too long of a vacation for a forum warrior? lol. So money.

Its like trolling with out really trolling. Who knew. Umm score update please.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: Floofs.3574

Floofs.3574

FC is just as bad as hod when it comes to trolling and poor sportsmanship

Gurrrrrlllllll- The red-haired Sylvari Mesmer you keep killing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

lol

thanks for the laughs today

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coltaine.8701

Coltaine.8701

Eredon Terrace: New strategies shall springboard us to tier 1

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Hematuria.4051

Awesome “skills” HoD. haha

in Match-ups

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

So uh FC/ET, how’d you like us pvdooring everything in EB tonight? And to FC, got to step up your golem rushes lol, sure you got to SM inner but we pushed you all the way back to your keep and then proceeded to take it with some good ole fashion PVD <3

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

ET hates HoD, HoD hates FC, and no one has any respect for ET…….there, everyone understand now? Nothing but children in here, I can’t wait for you all to be gone
Then ET can have a new server to completely obliterate us due to a lack of numbers/skill/tactics/numbers…….Knew I shoulda transferred to seafarer’s rest when I had the chance >.<

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in Match-ups

Hematuria.4051

So uh FC/ET, how’d you like us pvdooring everything in EB tonight? And to FC, got to step up your golem rushes lol, sure you got to SM inner but we pushed you all the way back to your keep and then proceeded to take it with some good ole fashion PVD <3

Your skill will take you far… first it took you to T8, now it will take you to T7, and probably back to T8. Enjoy the ride.

(edited by Hematuria.4051)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

today was the most fun ive had this week =D FC brought like..the WHOLE server to FC bl. it was an unstoppable mass but LK did what we could :P. also ET you prolly gave us the best fights out of this week. we had about 15 guys and you were just big enough to be a challenge, but not to huge that it was to big that it was an insane blob of people. those pushes we had to do at bay to keep you out took a lot of effort :P and we had a lot of fun. so thank you for the tough fights there! and at garrison as well. although u all seemed to have vanished after that :’(

also thank you FC for the insane push on your keep, there were atleast..50 of u and it took me and sinester (EB commander) doing double flank to beat u in the end. it was a pleasure

these are the fights that we are looking for! im sorry you guys are both getting pvdoored, but keep it up!! =D
Regards
Havvik

[Wake] main driver/GL

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Good thing you had at least 3 times more people than us and we couldn’t use siege. On any other day your entire zerg would have been wasted.

Much hate for you morons on the forums,
-Y Not
P.S. Paxa is the only nice part about HoD
P.S.S. I still don’t like you
P.S.S.S. I can’t wait until next week
P.S.S.S.S. Paxa is still nice
P.S.S.S.S.S. I am done now
P.S.S.S.S.S.S. JK
Post Script.S.S.S.S.S.S. BYE

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in Match-ups

Hematuria.4051

ET hates HoD, HoD hates FC, and no one has any respect for ET…….there, everyone understand now? Nothing but children in here, I can’t wait for you all to be gone
Then ET can have a new server to completely obliterate us due to a lack of numbers/skill/tactics/numbers…….Knew I shoulda transferred to seafarer’s rest when I had the chance >.<

Not true. Multiple times this week, we tried to get to your overlook in time to kill HoD with you. You didn’t know it, and attacked us when you saw us, but we were there with love in our hearts

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pod.2769

Pod.2769

Sure got ugly in here.

I don’t mind HoD; sure I find their propaganda about how big ol’ FC constantly outnumbers them mildly annoying, but I also find it funny. Yes the amount of thieves frolicking about, permastealthing, and back stabbing me gets a bit irksome. And yea I hate how they always get their crap upgraded asap.

However the emoting isn’t a big deal. Everyone does it. Hell I’ve been apart of the mass Lukian Dance Party caps before. If the emoting feels like an insult that’s a personal problem. Lighten up, lets be honest, it’s the losing and dieing that really kitten es us off not the emoting.

Each server hides behind walls, and sits on AC’s. I can’t knock HoD for something I myself have done. Fight the battle you want, not the one your enemy wants. It’s certainly worked for them.

Plus when you actually talk to the people on either server, ET and HoD, they are alright. Most of us are all trying to do the same thing afterall. Having a good time PvPing.

So with those earthshattering revelations can stop the snickerdoodling around and be cordial for the last couple days we’re stuck together?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sinester.3572

Sinester.3572

Wanna show u guys it was so much fun last night :P
watch this short video was fun the MARCH OF THE GOLEMS IN ET BL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4bYAsePMCE&feature=youtu.be

And here some pictures in the end of the night was amazing HoD really have the best crew ever!! keep it up guys its awesome to command u guys

PS: STOP THE HATE AND HAVE FUN :*

Attachments:

HOD Comander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

Hey I see me! That pink armored charr with the red spikies!

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

in Match-ups

atomicjellybean.5389

Wanna show u guys it was so much fun last night :P
watch this short video was fun the MARCH OF THE GOLEMS IN ET BL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4bYAsePMCE&feature=youtu.be

And here some pictures in the end of the night was amazing HoD really have the best crew ever!! keep it up guys its awesome to command u guys

PS: STOP THE HATE AND HAVE FUN :*

Haha you haven’t seen golem armies till you’ve seen server police

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

BACK FROM PAGE 2!! Btw that guy still owes me 1c.. I will hunt you down until I die!

Anyways Jelly SP must have been in heaven yesterday only being able to use golems.

“MY TIME TO SHINE!!!”

Anyways was fun in FC LA last night. Sorry for the random drama that occurred while we were just chilling in the end. I shall stalk ET soon <.< and i propose on Thursday night a giant Lvl 1 upscale fight!!

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in Match-ups

subcrazy.1098

I heard different but don’t really care lol. But ya I could of made someone else mad, but that’s a shocker to me. :p

How hard is it to get a score update around here.

LavaFluxx – Ele

in Match-ups

atomicjellybean.5389

I heard different but don’t really care lol. But ya I could of made someone else mad, but that’s a shocker to me. :p

Just check mos millenium, it automatically upgrades now and has a live map

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Just to put my own input here, I think it’s unfair to hate on a whole server for the actions of a few.

Once you talk to people from other servers you find there are really cool people there. I’ve met a couple from ET, and a few from FC, and they’re alright. Usually it’s after we fought and one of us won and we’ll party and chat for a while to stroke each others ego’s. :P I’ve met some really good and cool people that way. In fact, I have people that I’ve met on every server we’ve faced since I started playing.

Respect goes a long way.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

katz.8376

all ya had to do was ask

Attachments:

in Match-ups

katz.8376

Just check mos millenium, it automatically upgrades now and has a live map

yeah. but screenshots are more fun

in Match-ups

Posted by: Npac.3476

Npac.3476

On a completely unrelated note, PAXA is recruiting!

We are looking for either a dps war or Mesmer…and must play prime time (that is during the week at night…weekends not expected….get a life!)

If you think you have the testicular fortitude to fight many with only a few, desire a tight knit, core group mentality…and can live with hate from pretty much every zerger on the planet…then give me or Jamo a shout!

PAXA- an equal opportunity guild where no matter what server, zerg, or guild you come from, well still kill you!

Zelrin- 80 Thief
Founder of PAXA

(edited by Npac.3476)

in Match-ups

katz.8376

WvW is very... frustrating right now...frequent freezes, frequent disconnects... can’t drop seige... and inability to see commander tag on the map... all adding up to a big WTF experience.

in Match-ups

Floofs.3574

Love the “punisher of pk” in yo sig npac

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

I’ve been having fun, just so everyone knows.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

atomicjellybean.5389

all ya had to do was ask

Wait.. QUICK!! Someone get me an eye doctor appointment! ET isn’t at below +200 for once!! What black magic is this? O.O

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Sarok.4369

Lord Sarok.4369

Just goes to show you. HoD Knows how to have fun! T8 Is where the party is! Trebs All Around EB! Trebs While Killing The Grub And Taking Ogres(*Note the other out of place siege… Rams and golems and trebs Oh My!) Along With Various Other Places Across EB, Veloka, Overlook, And Ogres Once Again.

Attachments:

TC Commander! PINK POWER!
FC Follower! GF Guardian!
Proud Asura! Guardians Forever!

(edited by Lord Sarok.4369)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

Hod.. plz… get less rangers…. so.. many ARROWS.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in Match-ups

Hematuria.4051

Hod.. plz… get less rangers…. so.. many ARROWS.

You sure its rangers?

in Match-ups

katz.8376

to be fair, they DO have alot of rangers, too... but yeah... ACs... ACs... ACs.... ouch. XD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rattalyn.3648

Rattalyn.3648

I rarely post much, in fact, this is my first post ever. Haha, I usually avoid PvP in games, but GW2’s WvW tempted me. I hardly care about tiers or anything, I just like helping out my server and doing the best we can. -throws corn at people-
But lord, PvP sure brings out the worst in people, everyone needs to get some smoothies and listen to classical music.

Srs. Have fun folks. (In Arrow Carts We Trust) Also, placing siege is hard how does :’(

in Match-ups

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Just goes to show you. HoD Knows how to have fun! T8 Is where the party is! Trebs All Around EB! Trebs While Killing The Grub And Taking Ogres(*Note the other out of place siege… Rams and golems and trebs Oh My!) Along With Various Other Places Across EB, Veloka, Overlook, And Ogres Once Again.

Hey I see me! First pic on the Arrow Cart… Lol

Edit 2: I see what you mean, it was like 4:30 AM when I looked at pic, lol.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

(edited by Otaur.9268)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Sarok.4369

Lord Sarok.4369

The PC Is Fine, I Am Also On A Laptop, Never Problems Seeing Things. The Door Was Just Broken Down.

TC Commander! PINK POWER!
FC Follower! GF Guardian!
Proud Asura! Guardians Forever!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

Whats the score now. Havent been able to log in for the last few days.

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

in Match-ups

Posted by: HeavenlyCreation.4958

HeavenlyCreation.4958

HoD – 245,071
FC – 134,711
ET – 118,984

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

To the guardian inside Bay in FC borderlands:

I was the mesmer trying to hide inside after you guys took it. Good duel, and well done finding me three times!

After the second time, I probably should have set up my skills and weapons for a duel…but I didn’t. I hope to meet you again with the right setup.

Also, thanks for the respect to my corpse. /bow and good luck.

in Match-ups

Floofs.3574

Just a reminder, duels tonight at hod windmill; have to take advantage of our last week together

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Its like trolling with out really trolling. Who knew. Umm score update please.

Hi.

To answer your question. It does not chew me up to be honest, in fact I could have responded to you yesterday.

Anyway, thanks for the free advertisement to the public ET forums.

Also, You can get up to minute score updates with maps Here

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in Match-ups

Posted by: Petezahut.3068

Petezahut.3068

Anet ruined fight night :<

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Anet ruined fight night :<

How did they run fight night? Also where is the fight night? I am out for blood right now and see nothing!

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

(edited by Moderator)