Week of 11/16: SBI vs JQ vs SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

Think up your excuses for SoS beating you this weak.

The only chance you have are when SoS has no coverage becuase so far when all three servers have had ques SoS has been owning.

SoS needs some more NON NA coverage for sure and you might win the score total at the end of the week but you know you have been beaten already.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Being one of the very few SBI players that completely skipped the stupid PvE crap and focused completely on WvW all weekend, I don’t care about gold and gear winning is all that matters. I am very upset with SBI’s attendance so far, I know we have a slow showing on the weekends but due to the event this weekend was the worst. I have never had outmanned on all 4 maps for so long and during such high population times.

PLAYERS OF STORMBLUFF PLEASE GET INTO WORLD VS WORLD!

Sea of Sorrows is going to think they are good and pat themselves on the back for winning this week if we don’t LOG IN AND FIGHT! For the rest of this week we need everyone online to WvW. Fractals of the Mists will always be there, farming PvE stuff with always be there, sPvP will always be there. But this first time match against Sea of Sorrows will NOT and we cannot let them walk away with an easy victory.

I know at this point due to no-show over the weekend the point deficit may be too much to recover from, but as long as we keep the score close and maintain a higher PPT than Sea of Sorrows for the remainder of this match we can still hold on to the #1 rank.

To those on SoS who think they are doing great, you have not faced anyone in Tier 1 so far, it’s been PvDoor since Friday night as everyone has been far more interested in Karka than they have been in WvW. Even if we lose this week due to the PvE event you will see the true might of both SBI and JQ next week when we crush you in the rematch!

Eh, your signature says you play in Crystal Desert. Woopsy!

I’ve been pleased with how mature most of the players from SB and JQ have been. I respect them as people and as opponents. If we’re all in Tier 1, it’s safe to say that it implies we’re all good at WvW. And do you honestly think that our server didn’t have its fair share of people dry humping the one-time PVE event?

Attachments:

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Posted by: snivs.5134

snivs.5134

Easy SoS we still have alot of work to do. Let these guys keep chest beating like they have since the beginning. Let our actions on the battlefield speak for us!

Commander Oxram Ironbrow 80 Warrior
AGGRESSION [Agg] Sea of Sorrows
http://www.aggression-gw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Hadlis.2893

Hadlis.2893

SoS player here,
We have someone from JQ running around wasting all of our supplies. Hope this isn’t supported by the server as a whole. If it is good to know you all fight that way.

When you flip a camp it resets the supply to 100. So if they are building stuff “wasting” supply it’s really not “our” supply but theirs. When we take it back there will be 100 as soon as it’s flipped.

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Looks like SOS is beating some major T1 kitten /p>

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

I honestly did not expect this, not that I don’t have respect for SoS and thier abilities, I just expected a tighter match.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in WvW

Posted by: TigerBait.5143

TigerBait.5143

Were losing a lot of ground right now. JQ controls more than us atm.

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

SoS came into this week fired up. I think SBI and JQ are getting jaded at this point after being in tier 1 for weeks at a time. Sure the carebear event didn’t help. SoS you guys are doing a great job, but you’re not showing us anything that we haven’t seen or encountered already. You guys just want it more right now.

Speaking for myself, I’m not exactly enthused with GW2 after they introduced the new patch and the new gear treadmill. It’s making me quickly lose interest in the game because I feel like A-Net lied about the future of the game. I don’t know if that is affecting anyone else.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: Nayce.4972

Nayce.4972

Been a great match so far… A lot of fun. I can see how this will go down now.

SoS wins it will be because of the event and PvE, and thanksgiving. If SoS loses then it will be because we don’t belong. So it is a lose/lose situation for SoS. The way I see it we are playing hard doing what we need to do to control the map points. I am just happy to be playing in T1. We are playing to win, but win or lose we have accomplished what we set out to do and get to T1

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

SoS wins it will be because of the event and PvE, and thanksgiving. If SoS loses then it will be because we don’t belong. So it is a lose/lose situation for SoS. The way I see it we are playing hard doing what we need to do to control the map points. I am just happy to be playing in T1. We are playing to win, but win or lose we have accomplished what we set out to do and get to T1

Anyone with half a brain will not try and make excuses.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

No, I think you guys have proved you belong in T1. I hope you enjoy the bandwagoners that will come with being in T1. Hope to see/kill you on the fields tonight and tomorrow.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

(edited by zoobaby.7804)

in WvW

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

SoS you guys are doing a great job, but you’re not showing us anything that we haven’t seen or encountered already.

Likewise, I expected T1 to show me things I hadn’t seen before. And indeed it has… I’ve never seen such great big balls of zerg. My guess is that some on SBI and JQ are still overcoming habits developed during the T1 turtle stack craze.

Of course, there are some quality guilds running smart tactics… but it doesn’t seem to be the general server culture…

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

The real T1 match starts next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

quit your QQing and bring it on this week! If you say next week, it will not matter since we have already reached rank 1 by then. we want a challenge to the top! not a bypass!
and also stop your excuses… SoS also experienced that same thing against SoR where halloween ruined us to the point we lost everything… we eventually overtook them within the last few days and won the matchup

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: BiscaWolf.4237

BiscaWolf.4237

I find it funny that SBI complain about numbers when you have 20 people camping eb jumping puzzle , you might want to put that effort on the field instead of camping a jumping puzzle sorry guys it doesn’t count towards points

[Lilith Algais : lvl 80 Mesmer ]
Merc
[Sea of Sorrows ]

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

Sos- enjoy your ‘free ride’… I always get a kick when one server takes over the entire map. Tell me- how much XP, karma, badges are you getting when nothing flips? When there’s nobody to kill? Swell isn’t it? Empty victory.

Camping EB seems a viable solution. It’s one of the few spots on the map that can be held by a relative few and still get badges out of it.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

quit your QQing and bring it on this week! If you say next week, it will not matter since we have already reached rank 1 by then. we want a challenge to the top! not a bypass!
and also stop your excuses… SoS also experienced that same thing against SoR where halloween ruined us to the point we lost everything… we eventually overtook them within the last few days and won the matchup

Thanksgiving is a bit different than Halloween. Even government still had to work on Halloween.

Now through New Years is a toss up.

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Yes and SBI has made countless comebacks as well (we’re known for it now). We faced the exact same Halloween problem as SBI is a big PvE server. It would probably be a good thing for SoS to win this week. Then maybe SBI will get fired up again.

There is still time for the patented SBI weekday push though.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

All servers were affected by the ‘one time’ event. SoS, EBI and JQ too I’m sure all have WvWers who took a break to do it. Maybe some servers had more people doing that, maybe they didn’t. People are allowed to take breaks and go PvE.

From a holistic point of view, I wouldn’t expect that it wouldn’t more severely impact one sever over another. I’m not saying it didn’t, but with no tangible evidence to back up either view, its a moot point. Players from all servers have used the same excuse.

The only true gauge will be this weeks and the following weeks results. It seems likely at this stage that SoS will go on to win this round. QQers will make all sorts of excuses as to why this is, but really – its irrelevant. A win is a win.

Lets let everyone’s performance on the field speak for themselves over the coming matches and just get on and enjoy more of the tough fighting that has been going on instead! Its great have 2 opponents who are of similar strength and ability and who are more than happy to kick our teeth down our throats when the opportunity arises!

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Wow, this match can almost be considered a blow out.

35k+ Point lead? Wow. Very impressive SoS!

You are in the same boat as BG was.

BG won = we are hackers.
BG lost = we suck.

JQ and SBI are filled with excuses. Welcome to Tier 1.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Lasermonkey.7984

Lasermonkey.7984

I am from SBI, I’m not saying SoS isn’t good, nor do they not deserve a win, but if not for the event we wouldn’t
be this far behind. SoS, grats on what I believe to be an honest win this week already. But prepare for the storm next week. (: None the less job well done!

[EMP] Empërium – Doof Lundgren

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Except that SBI won every single match while BG was there, regardless of whether we were behind at mid-week.

SoS has a good lead – they’ll have done something impressive if they keep it. Otherwise, more of the same.

in WvW

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

Naw, I don’t think you’ll fall to Tier 2 this week.

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

I remember back in the day when HOD was 27 – 0 and TA finally broke up becuase no one could beat them.

People on these boards called them every name there was saying the could not stay on top.

Now SBI has been on top for four matches in a row and act like they have been there too long.

You better start playing I know Thanksgiving messed u guys up even though it is three days away.

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

I think this thread needs less QQ and more pew pew. Stop the trash talk and let the score do the talking.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: briantoop.1792

briantoop.1792

SoS Worked hard to get here (from 10th to now 1st!). We haven’t lost a match in weeks.

Excuses excuses.

Bring it, you can still win it. Don’t give me that “next week waa waa qq” horse poo

We’ve been working for this, and its been amazing fights all over. Great job by all, epic battles all over SBi Borderlands.

Cheers to all, now stop making excuses and come take Redlake Tower already!!

Best of luck to all, and stop forum trolling about “well this, well that” and bring it to the Borderlands!!

We are having the same issues as you. Excuses will not be tolerated!!

-HUG Assistant GM

in WvW

Posted by: Kilerien.5190

Kilerien.5190

I remember back in the day when HOD was 27 – 0 and TA finally broke up becuase no one could beat them.

People on these boards called them every name there was saying the could not stay on top.

TA was a collective of sorry people who stacked things as much as possible, knowing that doing so would exploit the fact that WvWvW is unbalanced and intended to be so, and than laughably acted like they were magnificent when they had no competition because no one else stacked so heavily. Of course they could and did stay on top. There wasn’t a single thing admirable about them and there were plenty of servers that could have beaten them provided they had the organized numbers and coverage.

I laughed at them before WvWvW ever began and laughed harder at their farewell post. Best thing that happened to WvWvW was to see TA break up. The only thing they accomplished was advertising what fools they all were. Lots of egos there inflated over absolutely nothing.

The fact is, any server who cares enough and wants it bad enough can easily take a top spot provided they can get enough folks on their server that share that sentiment. You get a lot of people on with good coverage and that’s going to immediately put you at the top with a smidgen of leadership to organize. Tactics/skill only take you so far and can do little against superior coverage/sheer numbers. Let’s face it, the tactics/skill aren’t exactly the most difficult to conceive of and execute. If you disagree then you’re just a horrible gamer (and it’s sad because I’m pretty marginal so it would mean you’re worse than me).

Thus, people should just simply care that they are matched against equal opponents in terms of numbers/coverage so that they have competitive matches that come down more to skill/tactics/execution as much as possible. I am bored to tears when we dominate and bored to tears when we are dominated.

Best time I’ve had were those really close, hard fights where one group somehow edges the other out. Everyone is happy after those. Of course it is nice when you are the underdog in a situation and pull something off against superior numbers.

To care about rankings in an UNBALANCED competition is just laughable whether you are “winning” or “losing.” Any quality player that is sincere about PVP should feel the same way and only take pride when experiencing success with all things being relatively equal other than ability.

Anyway, props to everyone on SoS that were there from the get go and stuck to it rather than transferring away. You are the folks/guilds that deserve respect and admiration. Smart players too from what I’ve seen as a general rule. Keep up the good work and I love how responsive your players are to threats/situations.

To those that transfer around chasing some tier/spot thinking that means anything you’ll continue to be laughed at and not respected.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

SoS you guys are doing a great job, but you’re not showing us anything that we haven’t seen or encountered already.

I find this amusing, not in a nasty way but I was hoping the opposite would happen. Coming from T2 I wanted to see what crazy inventive tactics T1 servers used to stay up in T1, not have us (SoS) teach the T1 guys new stuff.

I see a zerg 30+ running back and forth flipping supply camps in north EB, I also see SBI send squads out to take out yaks. (I enjoy those fights, lose some, win some – its been fun), couple of golem rushes from SBI.

One thing I was impressed with is the way JQ stuck in there at one point with the outmanned buff. They still managed to hold onto their outpost even when outmanned using good siege placements.

The weeks not over and from what I read SBI always come back later on during the week. I’ll be looking forward to seeing this.

in WvW

Posted by: glock.2089

glock.2089

BG won = we are hackers.
BG lost = we suck.

only problem with this analogy is BG won nothing, legends in their own minds only.

in WvW

Posted by: Kilerien.5190

Kilerien.5190

JQ typically defend quite well in my experience. I doubt you’ll see any meaningful SBI comeback this week.

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

JQ typically defend quite well in my experience. I doubt you’ll see any meaningful SBI comeback this week.

Likely true, but I plan to be out there until I take off for a long weekend away.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

We cannot blame SoS for our decision to skip WvW for PvE. That is asinine. Who cares why they are in the lead, what matters is that they are. They deserve their success so please stop trying to undercut it.

PS: If you really must make an excuse for us losing, then blame it on the fact that those classy guys down under are donating $1000 to charity if they win.

PPS: The battle is still raging. Don’t give up yet – that won’t be fun for anyone involved.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Was the karka event in the EB JP

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

The Forum GM removed the charity thread and asked it be left out of the WVW forums.
It’s a great idea but unless wanting this thread closed it needs to be discussed in another section. Lets keep this about the current match specifically.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

good job SoS….

/*sarcasm mode on

yeah JQ and SbI are doing the fractals, that’s why they are losing…..

/*sarcasm mode off

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

score update.

(An Error Prevented Saving:
Message Body length must at least be 15.)

Attachments:

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Now SBI has been on top for four matches in a row and act like they have been there too long.

You better start playing I know Thanksgiving messed u guys up even though it is three days away.

HoD was the first super-server and a dominant force in early WvW, but this is an apples to oranges comparison. For the bulk of their win-streak matches were only 24 hours in length. By that measure the four week run from SBI is at least comparable especially given the more equitable balance of competitive servers now.

I’m a consistent voice against making excuses. We own our failures, but at the same time you can’t distort history to make yourself feel better either.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

(edited by cold.3946)

in WvW

Posted by: uplaabura.3289

uplaabura.3289

Oh, you take the result too serious. That makes you to post so many awkward excuses. Maybe SOS is not prepared for standing in T1, but no matter what’s the situation, we just do our best and that’s all. I still can not tell that we are good enough or not, but that’s totally not our concerns. We just fight on and on and have fun and learn something no matter we win or lose.

For Sea of Sorrowsers, we have 4 more days to go and tough weeks in the future. Our enemies are very very strong. Plz join WvW battlefield to help our server.

Tomizu Intrepid, Guardian
Sea of Sorrows
For Taiwanese ppl, plz feel free to join our RC channel 25383023 for group fighting

in WvW

Posted by: slipslopslap.4329

slipslopslap.4329

All servers were affected by the ‘one time’ event. SoS, EBI and JQ too I’m sure all have WvWers who took a break to do it. Maybe some servers had more people doing that, maybe they didn’t. People are allowed to take breaks and go PvE.

From a holistic point of view, I wouldn’t expect that it wouldn’t more severely impact one sever over another. I’m not saying it didn’t, but with no tangible evidence to back up either view, its a moot point. Players from all servers have used the same excuse.

The only true gauge will be this weeks and the following weeks results. It seems likely at this stage that SoS will go on to win this round. QQers will make all sorts of excuses as to why this is, but really – its irrelevant. A win is a win.

Lets let everyone’s performance on the field speak for themselves over the coming matches and just get on and enjoy more of the tough fighting that has been going on instead! Its great have 2 opponents who are of similar strength and ability and who are more than happy to kick our teeth down our throats when the opportunity arises!

I like what this guy has to say, (especially about eventually wining the round, yah team).

SOS had a strong start this week and is fighting hard and fighting well. Let’s keep the accelerator pressed down and drive hard to the end.

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Oh, you take the result too serious. That makes you to post so many awkward excuses. Maybe SOS is not prepared for standing in T1, but no matter what’s the situation, we just do our best and that’s all. I still can not tell that we are good enough or not, but that’s totally not our concerns. We just fight on and on and have fun and learn something no matter we win or lose.

For Sea of Sorrowsers, we have 4 more days to go and tough weeks in the future. Our enemies are very very strong. Plz join WvW battlefield to help our server.

Like that attitude, yet Kelo has a point there.

Take it as an excuse if SoS players wish to, but I did play in WvW with outmanned buff for the past few days; that is, I do not see the usual players that I roll with last week. Lost Shores? FoTM? Most likely, since those gears and drops are too good to be missed for a match that we usually have every day.

Anyway, BG had a similar situation in the past (with a bigger gap), and we did catch up on the last few days. ;D Let’s hope you are not getting too confident to end up that way.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

BG won = we are hackers.
BG lost = we suck.

only problem with this analogy is BG won nothing, legends in their own minds only.

If you even read the forums during BG’s first week, then you would see why many of BG’s wvw guilds transferred off, leaving what, that’s right, a ghost town of a server. And if the guilds didn’t transfer off, they merely stopped playing to drop to tier 2 (hence why they’re holding their ground there) because of all the whine.

Sorry but majority of players like to pride in their server. If your server was being accused of hacking and everyone would just dismiss the win based on that, than what’s the point of trying?

P.S. All servers had their hackers.

So yes, this analogy does in fact work since BG would have won.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

Gentleman, how are queues on JQ during prime time? Thank you.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

Gentleman, how are queues on JQ during prime time? Thank you.

Instant, usually. I like it that way, I tend to pop in and out between work to defend towers/take camps, etc.

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Flaux.7154

Flaux.7154

Anyway, props to everyone on SoS that were there from the get go and stuck to it rather than transferring away. You are the folks/guilds that deserve respect and admiration. Smart players too from what I’ve seen as a general rule. Keep up the good work and I love how responsive your players are to threats/situations.

I like a lot of the guys that play big on SoS, but whenever kitten hits the fan, we argue and we argue badly. There are a handful of commanders that will simply look the other way, rally up, and keep SoS fighting alive. And there are other commanders that will leave and go PvE as soon as they experience a wipe.

I can’t chase you down, stop running away from me!
Swords of Villianousity [SoV] ~ SoS

in WvW

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

<b>To those that transfer around chasing some tier/spot thinking that means anything you’ll continue to be laughed at and not respected.</b>

Clan DiE on SoS now… Cough Cough

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

in WvW

Posted by: GeminiSoul.2873

GeminiSoul.2873

WvW score as of a few minutes ago.

Been great crossing swords with SoS so far this week!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: glock.2089

glock.2089

BG won = we are hackers.
BG lost = we suck.

If you even read the forums during BG’s first week, then you would see why many of BG’s wvw guilds transferred off, leaving what, that’s right, a ghost town of a server. And if the guilds didn’t transfer off, they merely stopped playing to drop to tier 2 (hence why they’re holding their ground there) because of all the whine.

Sorry but majority of players like to pride in their server. If your server was being accused of hacking and everyone would just dismiss the win based on that, than what’s the point of trying?

P.S. All servers had their hackers.

So yes, this analogy does in fact work since BG would have won.

The spoiled brat defense: blame everyone except yourself for your server’s inability to win in T1. Mommy Mommmy bad men accused our server of cheating which caused people to leave which caused us to lose…coulda shoulda woulda… its always the same with you guys.

What an incredible disservice this attitude has done to BG’s reputation…in the end its still self inflicted wounds and no one is buying it.

in WvW

Posted by: The Wild One.4760

The Wild One.4760

This back and forth of repetitive argument and points is making me eyes bleed.

As a SoS Commander I have learnt many a things from fighting against you both. There are slight differences from T2.

I’m sure you have tricks up your sleeve, and that you will have more numbers next week.

… But so will we.

In all serious though- Loving the match, don’t let up towards the end of the week!

Founder of “The Shatter Legion” Sea of Sorrows largest guild.

Second Commander in Sea of Sorrows.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Tonight, SoS BL = Epic, HELL of a fight everyone!

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

WHY is Daish on SBI server now? Making threats and asking what our plans are?

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)