Well, mesmer is useless in a siege now...

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

So I grab one other guy or two to take camps and sentries and to skirmish the enemy squads. I’ve noticed a lot of others doing the same. It’s way more fun. I wish we had more small targets to go after. But we normally end up getting a rotation of camps and sentries going. Mix it up to avoid the enemy zerg. You get more xp and loot per hour that way too. Way faster than pounding a keep door with siege. (All mes can do now besides pull the occasional afk off the side of a wall.) Sometimes their zerg will catch you. Meh, it still beats the heck out of manning seige for an entire fight. Guess Anet has designated us the skirmisher class.

It’s a blast for me, at least. I’m making the best of a bad situation. Hope other mesmers can adapt too. Looks like we don’t have a choice.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Put up that great sword; pull out a staff.

Watch the badges stream in.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

SteepledHat.1345

Oh, you mean in a siege? Some how dropping chaos storm and waiting 30 seconds over and over isn’t appealing to me. Plus, I get a reasonable number of badges this way.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

You may find sPvP more enjoyable.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

SteepledHat.1345

I just started to get into SPvP. I enjoy it very much. I’m a bit discouraged by the lack of PvE progression and how all my gear looks nooby, but I do find the titles appealing. I’ve almost ranked up, so I think the gear thing will fix itself soon. And I’m already half way to my illusionist title iirc. (Not sure though.) But yeah, it’s very fun. I look forward to the day they finally implement GvG.

in WvW

zastari.1730

Oh, you mean in a siege? Some how dropping chaos storm and waiting 30 seconds over and over isn’t appealing to me. Plus, I get a reasonable number of badges this way.

Tower/Keep sieges need more than wall bombers. Fanning out and killing stragglers before they get inside is one of the most important things you can do to not get melted in a wall of arrow carts.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It is nothing like useless. You just have to cast from the wall like all the other casters do. Feedback, temporal field, chaos storm, and numerous offensive phantasms are still quite powerful in a siege. And every class can put up an arrow cart.

in WvW

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I play as a Mesmer and in WvW, he is very limited:

.1 – Defending (Structures):
Mesmer is not very good at defending. The lack of AoE attacks other than Chaos Storm contributes to this. Illusions die very very quickly against an attacking zerg on the field. Portals can be effective to Portal mass-flank attackers.

.2 – Attacking (Structures):
With the latest wave of “adjustments”, the attacking was severely affected. The Mesmer yet again is a support character as he can only Pull foes from walls, Chaos storm the defenders, and… pretty much this. Portals provide a good flow of Golems and overall players on the field to minimize the incoming damage from siege weapons.

.3 – Rogue (Supply camps):
Mesmer have good survival capabilities. A good Mesmer can fight in a 3-1 situation and live to tell the tale. The best job for Mesmers imho, although not as effective as a thieves (due to several reasons like that long time stealth). One of the problems is the lack of speed of the Mesmer. Mesmer have very limited swiftness skills that makes them a little slow to run back and forth to supply camps.

My conclusion is that Mesmer only works in WvW due to the Portal Skill.
Other than Portal the Mesmer is pretty much poor in this type of play!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

zastari.1730

Mesmer is not very good at defending. The lack of AoE attacks other than Chaos Storm contributes to this. Illusions die very very quickly against an attacking zerg on the field. Portals can be effective to Portal mass-flank attackers.

With the latest wave of “adjustments”, the attacking was severely affected. The Mesmer yet again is a support character as he can only Pull foes from walls, Chaos storm the defenders, and… pretty much this. Portals provide a good flow of Golems and overall players on the field to minimize the incoming damage from siege weapons.

Mesmer have good survival capabilities. A good Mesmer can fight in a 3-1 situation and live to tell the tale. The best job for Mesmers imho, although not as effective as a thieves (due to several reasons like that long time stealth). One of the problems is the lack of speed of the Mesmer. Mesmer have very limited swiftness skills that makes them a little slow to run back and forth to supply camps.

Timewarp for golems?
One of the only classes that can pull from walls?
Trying to underplay how completely friggin awesome portal is???

“Other than completely kicking kitten as both a utility and DPSer for WvW, Mesmer is pretty much poor in this type of play”

I run 2 mesmer supply camp groups all the time. Weave your focus 4, 100% swiftness uptime.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Pretty much everything you said sums it up, but i just don’t agree that a good mesmer can take on a good group of 3 players, even if theyre not a party. maybe 2v1 but 3v1 is just a little too much for any player except a guardian. but a guardian would only be stalling not really killing. I don’t enjoy playing my mesmer anymore since the patch. I’m really ticked off about it because i have ALOT of sieges i bought on that character, but they are soulbound, so that kind of screwed me over.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

zastari.1730

Pretty much everything you said sums it up, but i just don’t agree that a good mesmer can take on a good group of 3 players, even if theyre not a party. maybe 2v1 but 3v1 is just a little too much for any player except a guardian.

A clumped up 1v3 is easy, especially if there’s a bunker guardian involved. Confusion shatterbomb will drop 1, 2, or all 3. Timewarp and daze / distortion shatters for your staking and they go straight from downed to dead.

Maguuma

in WvW

Bones.5762

Pretty much everything you said sums it up, but i just don’t agree that a good mesmer can take on a good group of 3 players, even if theyre not a party. maybe 2v1 but 3v1 is just a little too much for any player except a guardian.

A clumped up 1v3 is easy, especially if there’s a bunker guardian involved. Confusion shatterbomb will drop 1, 2, or all 3. Timewarp and daze / distortion shatters for your staking and they go straight from downed to dead.

exactly, a good group of players wouldn’t clump up for shatters, because mesmer clones (if traited) will cripple/confuse you after they are killed. The only scenario i see a mesmer winning a 3v1 is if the mesmer is good and the other 3 are just average players.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

You ever go to the WvWvW forums and see servers complain “oh man we lost because we were so outnumbered they had like 50 guys and we just had 30 lol”? Now remember that zergs have mesmers spawning clones in them in.

In a zerg a Mesmer is a party all its own.

in WvW

zastari.1730

The only scenario i see a mesmer winning a 3v1 is if the mesmer is good and the other 3 are just average players.

So like 99% of 3v1s then?

Edit: Focus 4. Free clump~

Even if you can’t kill all of them, you should be able to turbo-stake one and blink + decoy away for a clean exit.

Maguuma

(edited by zastari.1730)

in WvW

Bones.5762

The only scenario i see a mesmer winning a 3v1 is if the mesmer is good and the other 3 are just average players.

I won’t argue with you about a mesmer winning a 1v3 with all players being equally skilled but different class. But i doubt there are many situations that this has happened. If all players allow themselves to be instant killed within 3seconds of the temporal curtain pull, they are super glass as well as the mesmer, so i doubt the mesmer even had a chance. Tell me any 3 classes that this would be a great scenario in favor of the mesmer. Because i play both engineer and mesmer, but as of right now since patch i can beat a mesmer with my engineer 70% of the time 1v1.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Bones.5762

Even if you can’t kill all of them, you should be able to turbo-stake one and blink + decoy away for a clean exit.

well thats not winning a 1v3. I’m not saying mesmers are weak, I’m just saying they aren’t OP anymore. They still have decent survivability, with great 1v1 utility skills, but i dont see it being good enough to handle 3v1.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

zastari.1730

I won’t argue with you about a mesmer winning a 1v3 with all players being equally skilled but different class. But i doubt there are many situations that this has happened. If all players allow themselves to be instant killed within 3seconds of the temporal curtain pull, they are super glass as well as the mesmer, so i doubt the mesmer even had a chance. Tell me any 3 classes that this would be a great scenario in favor of the mesmer. Because i play both engineer and mesmer, but as of right now since patch i can beat a mesmer with my engineer 70% of the time 1v1.

Any mix of thieves, bunker guardians, staff eles, gs warriors, most rangers. Most don’t die in 3 seconds, but the 12 stacks of confusion making every action hit themselves for 2500+ does a good job of wiping them up (this is why I love squishy lil bunker guardians with their low HP).

I haven’t been recording any but I’ll see if I can get some 1v3 no uplevelled battles recorded.

Maguuma

in WvW

Bones.5762

would be nice to see, because i haven’t seen a mesmer 1v3 players in a while, since they nerfed phantasm a while back.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

LHound.8964

Timewarp for golems?
One of the only classes that can pull from walls?
Trying to underplay how completely friggin awesome portal is???

“Other than completely kicking kitten as both a utility and DPSer for WvW, Mesmer is pretty much poor in this type of play”

I run 2 mesmer supply camp groups all the time. Weave your focus 4, 100% swiftness uptime.

This is what i mean. Mesmer works very good on indirect support. Setting portals to golems attack, bombing is vital. Pulling players off walls is another.

Mesmer is good a Dps’er but only when facing small numbered teams. Against zergs Mesmer is very poor due to Illusions dying very quickly. Most of the times it’s Zergs vs Zergs.

I am not saying that Mesmer is wrecked as a class. I am saying that for the current meta of WvW, Mesmer have very limited gameplay options.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I don’t think they’re useless at all. Just more in line with other classes.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

zastari.1730

This is what i mean. Mesmer works very good on indirect support. Setting portals to golems attack, bombing is vital. Pulling players off walls is another.

Then what do you mean by “direct” support? On top of what I listed, I would consider dropping a slew of Ethereal fields pretty good direct support as well. A confused zerg is a dead zerg.

Maguuma

in WvW

LHound.8964

Then what do you mean by “direct” support? On top of what I listed, I would consider dropping a slew of Ethereal fields pretty good direct support as well. A confused zerg is a dead zerg.

This i can agree ^^

For me:
Direct support:
- Necromancer waves on the walls setting crap load of marks, wells and other Aoe’s to stop moving. Also, Setting wells to clear conditions and to heal other players.
- Elementalists dissuading defenders on the walls and attackers on the grounds by the huge AoE Spam. Also, healing the players around with water skill aoe’s.
(not know for many other classes, as i have not played them).
- Directly increasing players stats (like the War banners from warriors).

Indirect Support:
- Setting Portals for strategical placements;
- Taking players out of the walls (necros, thieves and mesmers);
- Hide other players (like that thief skill, mesmer);

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

It’s more precise to state the mesmer is now boring in sieges. Yes, well-timed golem portals and time warps are as crucial as ever…if they happen at all in a particular siege. The everyday, bread-and-butter siege experience of the mesmer has been reduced to casting chaos storm every 40ish second…and maybe a wall pull only to watch the defender slip in as the only cc you have left is the sword’s #3 (focus is spent and staff hasnt any).

in WvW

SteepledHat.1345

It’s more precise to state the mesmer is now boring in sieges. Yes, well-timed golem portals and time warps are as crucial as ever…if they happen at all in a particular siege. The everyday, bread-and-butter siege experience of the mesmer has been reduced to casting chaos storm every 40ish second…and maybe a wall pull only to watch the defender slip in as the only cc you have left is the sword’s #3 (focus is spent and staff hasnt any).

Exactly. I also love how we pretty much have to run focus. Even though it’s not optimal for a lot of builds. But we don’t get a speed passive that doesn’t depend on illusions. You know the things that can now be blocked by a million different things and require a target. Too bad my build doesn’t use centaur runes.

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

May I ask in what way a mesmer is more boring, or weaker in WvW than another prof?

Yes you can’t decide the outcome of either an attack or a defense by yourself.
Neither can I on my engineer to be honest.

Yes you can not fill every utility role, neither can I. Or anyone else in fact.

Mesmer portals are still being used, and they still make a very big difference.
That’s one utility you have no one else can offer.
Even if it is limited in use, as all utility is.

For the other matters: most professions can do stuff that is usefull and fun. Like burning through doors in defense as an engineer, to name but one of many examples.
Mesmers can do ‘stuff’ too.

I’m not saying the OP has no case.
I’m just wondering: what would make a Mesmer less usefull than another profession?
My guess is that you might be a little less usefull than before, but not more useless than others…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Just to add: as an engineer I have the option to be very usefull and supportive, but it will be at the price of all my dps.
I won’t be killing anyone soon in a supportive set up.

When I go all out offensive I will kill others good enough, not to mention my aoe is potentially superstrong.
But I won’t be any good at filling any other role than that…

In a siege this counts as well.
I might have picked one role when the other is needed.
Maybe I have healing stuff, utility kits and all of that… but we need to kill them plain and simple.
Maybe I am ready to melt faces, but my team is being pressured, our siege going nowhere and I simply stand there being useless.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

SteepledHat.1345

Roll one and find out. Seriously, we have like 3 skills scattered over several weapons that can hit things on top of a wall. They all do low or no damage. Some mesmers like medals and refuse to be relegated to a portal monkey. If you play a mes, like medals, and want to attack something on a wall be prepared to see “Obstructed” over and over and over and over…..

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

When it comes to attack walls, I just don’t and watch for people trying to get in or maybe get on the siege. I guess someone has to do it.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Hmm… trouble playing a mesmer at a siege now? Maybe you should simply focus a little more, get some feedback… yeah, they did screw up the phantasm with the line-of-site thing… even a speed bump keeps it from casting now and wastes the cooldown as well. But there’s still plenty to do effectively.

Focus 4 is fun.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Mesmers have a lot of bugs with their class, some traits don’t work, etc. However good Mesmers can 3v1.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/guide-WvWvW-Shatter-cat/first

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Mesmer is not very good at defending. The lack of AoE attacks other than Chaos Storm contributes to this.

AoE Confusion, Ethereal Field Combos, Feedback, Reflects bait them and them reflect there are a lot of options that can result in massive AoE dmg. Between AoE 15 stacks of Confusion + Feedback and reflect on distortion(traited) I watched literally 8 people put themselves in a downed state(reflects and multiple confusion sources will essentially bypass 5target limits most aoe direct damage has) . Time Warp and roflstomp them (yes speeds up the stomps) It rains bags full of badges during defenses and there are lots of dead bodies. iZerker dmg has gone down but it’s not useless it can still make people scatter it can still hurt depending on how you’re geared and especially as a "whirling finisher’ for ethereal field combos. You can also AoE Blind w/glamours(traited) as a defensive tool as well. For confusion bombing you do need good +condition duration(pizza works for 40% and trait for 33% too or some from the power line of traits) for the confusion to last for several attacks and you need a strong amount of +condition damage to make that confusion hit like a truck.

During assaults however…. you can feedback on walls and on “SOME” angles you may get lucky with GS #2 and iZerker so you can shatter for confusion but most of the time you suffer from “obstruction” even when they’re pretty much in your face standing on the edge of ledge. In such situations I’ll staff for chaos storm on allies for Aegis and use my reflects as a defensive tool as I can while they beat on stuff. Optionally using temporal curtain I’ll be able to yank some fools off walls too. So you’re still providing decent support far from “useless” it could be improved a lot though as we have no reliable way to hit things on walls.

Regardless well placed portal bombs will win or lose entire defenses/assaults. That by itself is a huge plus.

I agree to some extent. I actually do this a lot when I’m riding solo/duo or tagging along with the guilds thief group I’ll rotate between camps soloing them and fighting folks off. You mention the swiftness issue here.. it’s true it’s also exactly why I run Sup. Runes of the Centaur provides reliable swiftness. We still do this a lot better than most other classes because we can hold our own against larger numbers. When running “between” camps I slot Mirror as the heal and just spam it to trigger centaur rune 6 piece if i’m not using a focus and w/focus speed buff you’ll end up with 100% uptime swiftness by yourself w/the rune setup+1heal. Having to rely on those runes for the swiftness I’m not to fond of but it works and during peak hours you’re usually going to be doing it with at least 1 other person so you’re pretty kitten effective in this situation offensively and as some support.

Zastari knows what’s going on here well executed confusion bombs via glamours+shatters will kill GROUPS of people if you’re geared / specced for that kind of setup. It’s a lovely tool especially during tower/keep defenses for masses of loot bags & badges.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Mesmers are one of the most useful classes in WvW!

Portal bombing? Need I say more?

That glass dome thing that negates damage or makes players invisable? Get a group of mesmers to time those right and you have yourself and invisable army (legitly) and nearly indestructible siege placements.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

NeuroMuse.1763

I think the people complaining mostly just want to play it as a pew pew laser beams dps-only type of class and just ignore its utility & secondary effects all together. That or they simply don’t play other classes to realize how good we actually do have it.

in WvW

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

Having not played my Mesmer in WvW since the “adjustment” I would have disagreed, I played that toon last night, I totally agree with your assessment.

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Mesmers are just more in line with the rest of the professions instead of being the out and out BEST. Sorry you cant just faceroll people anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

Now you know what it feels like to play a guardian in a siege. And we have less attacks to hit people on the wall.

Dont worry, you guys will get used to it just like us.

I still think you guys are better at hitting stuff on walls though.

in WvW

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I think the people complaining mostly just want to play it as a pew pew laser beams dps-only type of class and just ignore its utility & secondary effects all together. That or they simply don’t play other classes to realize how good we actually do have it.

People are complaining because it is really boring to be in a siege as a mesmer and people play to have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Might be alright that not every class can cover the walls with crazy AoE. Keeps the walls clear of too many crazy AoEs.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Lucky for me I preferred small scale combat even before Anet decided to make Mesmer’s useless in a siege… and when I do participate in sieges I prefer to be the operator of a siege weapon. Otherwise LOL too bad portal kitten.

Also, if you are using a Chaos Storm to attack people on a wall then you are doing it wrong. Save the Chaos Storm for enemies that are fighting in close so your allies can also benefit from it.

Might be alright that not every class can cover the walls with crazy AoE. Keeps the walls clear of too many crazy AoEs.

The Mesmer complaints aren’t about not being able to throw out crazy AoEs, its about being able to do something/anything. The old Illusionary Berserker allowed us to chip away at unattended siege weapons and kill incredibly bad players.

(edited by Surbrus.6942)

in WvW

SteepledHat.1345

All anyone can suggest is a very situational confusion build that depends on your enemy being dumb. >.<
Is this what we’ve been reduced to in a siege. Really. So it’s okay for a class to be shoe horned into a single set up so that it can take full advantage of content? And seriously, read the OP. Nothing I say suggests I’m a bad. I’m certainly not the best, but I’m also not bad either. This is unbalanced, and if guardians are in fact as useless in a siege as mes then they need a fix too. It’s ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

This is unbalanced, and if guardians are in fact as useless in a siege as mes then they need a fix too. It’s ridiculous.

My Guardian alt kicks the kitten out of my Mesmer in a siege, all that support. Guardians are even better at sitting on siege weapons since they don’t rely on active defences to keep them alive.

Not to say that Guardians are awesome in a siege, but they are way more useful than a Mesmer (unless the Mesmer is on portal duty).

in WvW

Bones.5762

the argument here is when during a siege all a mesmer can really do is pull people of with focus, requiring focus even though most builds don’t need it. Mesmers aren’t useless, but they have simply lost their fun for me, i played a mesmer for about 2months, not once did i not enjoy myself, but since the patch it’s just not as fun anymore. I didn’t play a BS dps build either. The other day i started my new elementalist and i had more fun with it then my mesmer now, but it could be because its a new class with lots of skills but my mesmer personally is just not really enjoyable, i’m not going to say this is the case for everyone but its just for me. The patch didn’t nerf my build, but LoS and the blinds and all that stuff is really lame now. I used to run supply camps with my mesmer and i would almost have veteran mob aggro, do you know how often a scout blinds you?

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

This is unbalanced, and if guardians are in fact as useless in a siege as mes then they need a fix too. It’s ridiculous.

My Guardian alt kicks the kitten out of my Mesmer in a siege, all that support. Guardians are even better at sitting on siege weapons since they don’t rely on active defences to keep them alive.

Not to say that Guardians are awesome in a siege, but they are way more useful than a Mesmer (unless the Mesmer is on portal duty).

I have a guardian alt as well, and I’m finding more and more fun to be had with that elite tome (the offensive one), even on sieges. Hit 4 to give everyone a quickness, then let them Feel your Wrath, repeatedly. 5 is great to blow people away from the door on the other side.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

NeuroMuse.1763

People are complaining because it is really boring to be in a siege as a mesmer and people play to have fun.

Boring is so subjective I play in the exact same situations and I’m not bored and contributing a lot to what is going on still. Define specifically what you are or are not doing or are not capable of doing that is boring you. I bet you it has something to do with “direct damage” and not doing it… this is not the class for that nor has it ever been really it became the “flavour of the month” because of a few OP things in pvp and some people adopted the class only because of that.

There are a lot of things that can be done that do not involve direct damage(offensively and defensively) and even then we can still damage people on walls to an extent, smack on the gate or man siege. If you can’t do any of that you’re doing it wrong. I’m asuming you’re primarily referring to “towers” because in keeps/castle offensives/defenses we’re indispensable let your presence known that you’re a mesmer and there people will help you do what you need to if you’re clueless.

in WvW

Bones.5762

Not referring to you but this is the kind of logic that gets mesmers nerfed to be honest. “Man mesmer can do so much more than me, if i can’t do it mesmers shouldnt be able to do it either” But it’s funny how it doesn’t work in reverse.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Boring is so subjective I play in the exact same situations and I’m not bored and contributing a lot to what is going on still. Define specifically what you are or are not doing or are not capable of doing that is boring you. I bet you it has something to do with “direct damage” and not doing it… this is not the class for that nor has it ever been really it became the “flavour of the month” because of a few OP things in pvp and some people adopted the class only because of that.

There are a lot of things that can be done that do not involve direct damage(offensively and defensively) and even then we can still damage people on walls to an extent, smack on the gate or man siege. If you can’t do any of that you’re doing it wrong. I’m asuming you’re primarily referring to “towers” because in keeps/castle offensives/defenses we’re indispensable let your presence known that you’re a mesmer and there people will help you do what you need to if you’re clueless.

Despite your condescending tone, I believe that is exactly what is being talked about. The other scholar classes in particular seem quite adept at pew-pewing the walls. Even if it’s not your definition of a good time, or the best use of time, for a lot of folks that’s what they want to do. Usefulness shouldn’t sit only in the hands of a few powerful cooldowns, people want to use their weapons and be active.

in WvW

NeuroMuse.1763

the argument here is when during a siege all a mesmer can really do is pull people of with focus, requiring focus even though most builds don’t need it. Mesmers aren’t useless, but they have simply lost their fun for me, i played a mesmer for about 2months, not once did i not enjoy myself, but since the patch it’s just not as fun anymore. I didn’t play a BS dps build either. The other day i started my new elementalist and i had more fun with it then my mesmer now, but it could be because its a new class with lots of skills but my mesmer personally is just not really enjoyable, i’m not going to say this is the case for everyone but its just for me. The patch didn’t nerf my build, but LoS and the blinds and all that stuff is really lame now. I used to run supply camps with my mesmer and i would almost have veteran mob aggro, do you know how often a scout blinds you?

Can I ask you honestly here, do you truly believe that pulling people off the walls with a focus is the ONLY thing they’re capable of doing?

I’m glad you’re having fun with your Elementalist there is some great things they can contribute in WvW their focus whirl can defend siege from damage if you have several elems there to pop it. Meteor shower, it’s free bags with 1 button press when people are clustered up and stupid enough to not move and a good way to down siege in hard to reach places. I have one too I also enjoy it. I still enjoy my mesmer more in assaults if you wholeheartedly believe that we can only pull people off walls you haven’t looked at to many specs. There is more to tower/keep/assaults than dpsing people standing on walls however if that is all that style of play is to you then mesmer probably isn’t for you. Elem works well is good fun and pro at killing the kitten that stay in one place on the walls.

Now with everything i’ve said here and in other posts i’m not saying we’re perfectly fine in all aspects here but people are blowing it way out of proportion. There are some serious issues with “obstruction” even when things are in line of site this effects every class in the game.

in WvW

Bones.5762

Can I ask you honestly here, do you truly believe that pulling people off the walls with a focus is the ONLY thing they’re capable of doing?

I’m glad you’re having fun with your Elementalist there is some great things they can contribute in WvW their focus whirl can defend siege from damage if you have several elems there to pop it. Meteor shower, it’s free bags with 1 button press when people are clustered up and stupid enough to not move and a good way to down siege in hard to reach places. I have one too I also enjoy it. I still enjoy my mesmer more in assaults if you wholeheartedly believe that we can only pull people off walls you haven’t looked at to many specs. There is more to tower/keep/assaults than dpsing people standing on walls however if that is all that style of play is to you then mesmer probably isn’t for you. Elem works well is good fun and pro at killing the kitten that stay in one place on the walls.

Now with everything i’ve said here and in other posts i’m not saying we’re perfectly fine in all aspects here but people are blowing it way out of proportion. There are some serious issues with “obstruction” even when things are in line of site this effects every class in the game.

Please tell what do you do with your mesmer when ALL the enemy server is on walls or behind it with sieges that is so much fun besides auto attacking a gate. Mesmer is still fun to play in a open field fight, but during sieges theres not much i see them doing. what do you want to do? throw chaos storm on friendlys and say its fun?

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Bones.5762

Also please tell me what builds would work for sieges as in said situation as i said above, because phantasms nerfed already, condition damage build doesnt seem to work well when people are out of LoS and being obstructed by ledges, shatter build is even worse because clones cant fly on walls, they can sometimes clone up there with lucky GS #2, but don’t expect that to be a reliable source of shatter, Mantra build is even worse because its a small group build for open field fights.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Please tell what do you do with your mesmer when ALL the enemy server is on walls or behind it with sieges that is so much fun besides auto attacking a gate. Mesmer is still fun to play in a open field fight, but during sieges theres not much i see them doing. what do you want to do? throw chaos storm on friendlys and say its fun?

As a thief I pull out my ranged weapon and auto attack the door while waiting to get inside. Is that somehow different than what you are doing as a mesmer?

~ AoN ~