Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kalessar.7416

Kalessar.7416

All back to normal now! Thank you for solving the problem!

Posted by: hnster.7936

hnster.7936

click on support mate

Posted by: Kieser Soze.8561

Kieser Soze.8561

I had mine blocked too today and never used macro bot or similar, how do i open a ticket?

121107-000540

go to https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-Submit-a-Ticket-Account-Issues-2

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

I had my account closed too with same reason, and never used macro or chetaed or bot, anythin, neither had my char in autorun to not disconnect.
How do i open a ticket?

Tiagon, this should get you there:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-Submit-a-Ticket-Account-Issues-2/first#post285416

Good luck. I’ve never botted, afked nor macroed. It’s closing in on 24 hours w/o a response for me. 121107-000186

Posted by: Seed.6149

Seed.6149

ok… +1 innocent party into the family ^^
#121107-001996 ticket
i spend most of my time in wvw.. so i get banned there.. wow
is there such a bot that can function in wvw and pvp?
i hope anet clears some stuff out

Posted by: Pui.6794

Pui.6794

Pui what do you mean by the (10 above) ?

many botting (more than 10 in one place)

Posted by: ZongHan Ho.3471

ZongHan Ho.3471

Got wrongfully banned ten minutes ago, too.

It’s just ridiculous. I never use bot or macros. I report those real botters and gold sellers and add them to my friend list for the past three weeks, by the way, there are at least 30 on the list and they are still alive an hour ago. But it was ME that got banned.

Good job, Arena Net.

My ticket number is 121107-002095.

(edited by ZongHan Ho.3471)

Posted by: Triagon.1843

Triagon.1843

OK tks i had mine,
Thanks for submitting your question. Use this reference number for follow up: #121107-002037
Guess some automatic control is not working as intended, cause i pass 90% of time in wvwvw never playing alone, rest of time is wating to enter wvwvw.
BTW before closing an account they should check and be sure that someone is really
using wrong conduct. never had been threated this way in 15 years.

Posted by: Pereira.8721

Pereira.8721

Still awaiting a response to my ticket in relation to this un suspended account here of how the ticket to prove my account had been hacked…

Hacked account ( someone is playing right now with my acc) [Incident: 121106-002554]?

Kieser Soze.8561

121107-000540

Sad part is that they are doing their best to was it seem like to hide the issue. Folks that post the issue on the more visible media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc) have their posts removed the instant they are posted.

Triagon.1843

How do we get an answer?
By mail?

Posted by: JKRJSTR.4019

JKRJSTR.4019

hi , i got banned for botting as well while trying doing a quest . i have never download any bot or use them , i spend lots of hours on wvw and dungeons and farming at arah , i party often so people know i don’t bot . i already summited a ticket so i wish i get a response soon .

big big fan of the game and i hope my hours of gameplay won’t be wasted like that .

my ticket number #121107-002033

Posted by: Evisceration.8107

Evisceration.8107

At this point, I really think ArenaNet owes the players an official response on its plans to slow (or stop) the “false positive” bans. Hundreds, if not thousands of players are unable to log in due to being a victim of an unjustified ban. I read these forums a lot, and here’s what scares me about what I read:

1) A few accidental bans is one thing, but the sheer daily numbers of new bans is staggering. These forums are crawling with players begging for help, confused about what they have done wrong.

2) Players who are able to play, or have just returned from a ban are second-guessing all their actions, wondering if it’ll lead to a ban. We can’t play in fear of unjustified bans like this. It just isn’t fair.

3) Some accounts are reinstated without so much as a notification, apology, or explanation of why the ban happened in the first place. Granted, most players probably DO receive some notification that their account is reinstated, but this should be 100%. It’s just good service.

4) The notion that you could be banned while engaging in a legitimate in-game action, which does NOT violate the ToS. Perhaps an official list, from ArenaNet, showing the actions which are accidently causing bans. This would put some of the ability to slow the bans on us, the players, allowing you, ArenaNet, to focus on the outstanding tickets, and take control of this problem.

My question to ArenaNet is: What’s the plan to fix this obvious problem?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

No idea if post ticket number helps but here it is 121107-001452.
Side note i did take 4 g from one of my characters and put it in my bank then took out that 4 g for another one of my characters could that make me look like a bot?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: hnster.7936

hnster.7936

Do people in charge not check players accounts before they are banned or is it just an automatic ban what they use ?

Posted by: ziofanoo.2917

ziofanoo.2917

2nd day passed for me and still no answers…
c’mon, it’s not rocket science!
there are too many posts telling the same things: hundreds in a few days
daily ticket numbers are >2k
stop calling all of us “botters” by stating only a very few % are false positives,
not all people lie just the opposite.

i never used third party programs in my life and i want a kitten piece of evidence of it
(just to know what happened and take care of it!)

you are hitting and losing the best part of you customer base: the most hard core ones, the dedicated, the ones who keep your world populated during nights and buy your stuff.

fine tune your bot detection tools: stop banning people for playing your TP or farming you mobs of going afk for dinner or real life issues
use a politer company policy: it is not the case of “permanently” terminate an account before a proper investigation took place

if you are using GMs to bust cheaters, please teach them common sense and how
your stuff works…
My best regards

TL:DR: get a clue!

Posted by: Jimmy.2638

Jimmy.2638

maybe we should all quit this game and let all the bots dominate this game.. since they keep blocking normal gamer’s account
im freaking pissed now and will still be even if i get my account back

wait maybe they like bots better huh?

Posted by: ferra.9867

ferra.9867

I got banned too
Never botted and never macroed, I hope to get my guardian back soon!
Yesterday i was in a borderland and got disconnected and I was unable to log back in.
Reference # 121107-001762

[OSC].Guardian

Kieser Soze.8561

maybe we should all quit this game and let all the bots dominate this game.. since they keep blocking normal gamer’s account
im freaking pissed now and will still be even if i get my account back

wait maybe they like bots better huh?

Heh, perhaps since 99.9% of bots will not respond.
I guess the view of you can’t post then no issue exists.
(which i was originally unable to do with my account, couldn’t log in to support to report/contest the term for botting).

Rachiia.6045

Do people in charge not check players accounts before they are banned or is it just an automatic ban what they use ?

Looking at the posts here, I’d say, no, they don’t check. Based on the fact WvWers are getting banned, I also suspect the algorithm for detecting botters is simply this: X reports = banhammer. Since I never see bots in WvW – What would be the point? – WvWers are probably getting reported by the opposing team. Get enough reports and you’re a bot, I guess.

It seems to me the simplest, best way to detect botters is to play the game for 10 minutes, but I don’t think ANet does this. If you’re down in the Cursed Shores, it’s pretty obvious who the botters are. FYI, if hordes of rangers with bears and ugly armor are running back and forth along the same narrow route – just long enough for respawns to start – it’s likely they’re botters. Oh, and if they’re doing this for 18 hours, you can be sure they’re bots.

Maybe ANet could focus on getting rid of those obvious ones, first, before casting their bot net wide. Nyah. I guess not.

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

Triagon.1843

The strange thing i notices yesterday, when i logged in for last time, it’s when loggin in i wasn’t asked gmail authenticator number, and i have it linked to my account and logged in played and logged off 2 hours after, didnt play today since 40 min ago when i tried to log in and……..ops surprise im banned….
I guess it’s easier to bann people randomly when they already payed game and there is no montly fee to pay, but to abn someone should take more than an automatic feed.

After a day out to work this is the only way atm to calm down adn get some peace of mind.

Kieser Soze.8561

Seems like they are using the Mystic Forge to apply new ways of attempting to try out different ways of administering methods.

I hate being a test subject, would be nice if they ask for testers in place of this “Lets see what this does” method.

Posted by: Circe The Immortal.8751

Circe The Immortal.8751

I am adding my voice to this thread as well. I too do not understand why my account was banned for being a ‘bot’ or carrying on “unattended gameplay” either. I have never cheated in GW2 or GW1 and have never even been approached by someone while being AFK, and checking to see if I am “human”. Even when AFK for a time I almost always go to Lions Arch or a large NPC town to keep my character from being attacked and killed! And yes… sometimes I forget that I am logged-in on the computer upstairs and find myself getting logged out to the character select screen. I have no problem with that as a safeguard. But I have never been alerted that this is a grave problem and against the Code of Conduct. My first inkling of any issue turns out to be a permanent ban on my account! Something is very wrong here.

As an older player, I like to play mainly in groups and like to chat a lot with new friends made while doing the events. I just can’t imagine where this very UN-bot-like behavior could be missed or not noticed if they can investigate my online characters actions or chat streams.

I am a big fan of this game and I hope some REAL LIVE person can please talk to me and get to the bottom of this upsetting state of affairs. There are apparently big problems with ‘botting’ out there. I am all for curbing it… but I am definitely NOT a part of it!

My ticket:
Submitted from Web – 11/06/2012 08:22 PM [Incident: 121107-000324]

Posted by: baron.3679

baron.3679

So I realize you won’t discuss my ban but my questions are more informative. I purchased the game on Saturday, played twice for maybe 4 hours total and was banned for gold selling on Tuesday.

Not being able to log into my account I can’t tell if it was hacked and used for gold things or if I was just unfairly banned. So I set out to the internet intent on calling support to get this issue resolved. Yet I find no phone number. I finally find a “form” if you will call it that to support but in the email I recieved automatically it is hard to judge if the right information even went through.

I’m not used to free games no support. In all my previous experience there was at least a number I could sit on hold for a few hours on. Is there anything I can do besides just hope my issue was submitted?

My last question is in regards to my ban itself. Are these computer generated bans or manual bans by a person. I don’t see any way my lvl 8 or 9 guy is gonna get manually banned if someone actually looked at the account. The two times I played I ran around lost like I had my head cut off besides when my two friends helped me. I’m not going to cry over 65 dollars but I am disappointed in the service or lack there of available. I hope in the future there is a better way to resolve issues.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Posted by: Slitz.9826

Slitz.9826

Now Im really mad

2 days ago I was farming karma with some friends in orr,
Suddenly I got dced , and when I tried log in, It says im banned becuse of botting or using macro.

I have never used macro or bot stuff, And I realllly mean it.
This is so wrong, First time I got banned from a game, And Played alloooot of mmorpgs.

And yes my main is a ranger!:(
when I get back my account I wont play on my ranger anymore,
becuse ppl think you bot.

I sent support ticket 2 days ago, and still cant play.

Please fix this fast, Im playing with my rl friends.
And it seems allloooot of ppl got banned for nothing.

reference: 121105-002200..

(edited by Slitz.9826)

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

I am also very interested in this question and in an official Statement.

Posted by: Legendary was Alex.5027

Legendary was Alex.5027

This is a joke. Got banned myself for playing normally. Sort it out Anet. Give us an answer

Posted by: Dreadnaught.1906

Dreadnaught.1906

My account has also just been blocked for suspected botting,
not amused at all concidering that no investigation what so ever has been done,
why not send mails to the reported players that they have to reply to, either in game or per email, how hard can that be?

Ticket Nr. 121107-002280

(edited by Dreadnaught.1906)

Posted by: Ephemeris.6831

Ephemeris.6831

Same here. Banned a few minutes ago! 5 years in GW1, GWAMM and around 600 hours in this game and banned without a human person even double checking.

ANet, anyone with:

2000+ achievement points,
Cultural T3 or Legendary
100% world completion
Logging in from the same location all of it’s account’s lifetime

is NOT a kitten bot. These are some serious flaws in detection. You can’t punish honest and faithful players for your inability to control the botting issue.

Yes, I am mad.

Ticket is 121107-002258

Quaggan’s a piwate. YAAAAAAAARR!!!

Triagon.1843

really sad………
Thanks for submitting your question. Use this reference number for follow up: #121107-002037
now i got to wash dishes clean kitchen and watch some freaky TV show without my 2 hours a day gw2 roamin’ and having a quick look at the threads it could go on for days.
Really arenanet automatic controls technically are a fail…

Is there someone who could tell me how to follow my ticket progress?

Posted by: JKRJSTR.4019

JKRJSTR.4019

i have so many tabs on my firefox just to check how to get achievements and crafting and making legendary sunrise or twilight . the amount of time and effort i spend playing this game is not a joke .

i find it ridiculous that i got ban for “botting” without proper investigation and proof . its almost the same as thowing someone into jail for a life time just because he looks like a druggy . its upsetting and disappointing to know that imo the best mmorpg game i play have such a system that bans without proper investigation .

sigh , guess i’m back to harsh life

Rachiia.6045

(Warning: In case it’s not obvious – like me not being a bot – the following post is intended as sarcasm.)

5 ways to tell I’m an obvious bot.

1. My level 80s are the best botting classes – thief and mesmer.
See how clever this is? All those obvious bots are rangers and warriors. ANet would never suspect a thief or mesmer class. You’d think they’d die too easily as bots, wouldn’t you? To keep from dying, you might think someone would almost always have to be playing those two classes, right? I’m so clever.

2. I like pretty colors.
That’s my mesmer in the the link, below. I figured if I used some valuable dyes instead of selling them, it would act like I’m-not-a-bot camouflage. I even went to the trouble of getting Hall of Monument rewards in Guild Wars so I’d look less like the obvious bot I am.

Who would ever suspect a purple mesmer as a bot? Fooled you all, didn’t I?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heritage_armor_%28light%29

3. I spend about 20% of my valuable botting time in WvW and PvP.
I’m a Deer in PvP and I have more than 200 Badges of Honor. Some day that glory and those badges are going to be worth something and all those other bots are going to be sorry they didn’t spend their valuable botting time in WvW or PvP. Yeps, they’re going to be extra sorry.

4. I do dailies.
This is another area where my other botting compadres have it all wrong. Those karma jugs are going to be worth big money someday. So what if they’re account bound?

I’m saving those mystic coins, too. Maybe they’re worth something on the BLTC, but I have every one I’ve ever earned – over 100, now. They’re going to be worth the big bucks someday. You just wait and see.

5. I make sure it looks like my character gets bored.
I might do the events at Penitent Way, but you know what my obvious, super-clever bot program does? It gets bored standing around and waiting for the event there to go off, again. It runs off to gather or it starts the event with the Gorillas and the scientist. Or it spends silver tping around trying to find another event (Maybe Arah is up?) or maybe goes off to look for the orichalcum nodes.

Do you see how super-genius-Wiley-coyote-clever that is? No one would suspect a character who doesn’t stay in one place too long as being a bot. But those clever people at ArenaNet caught me. I guess I wasn’t clever enough.

Posted by: RMStrooper.7291

RMStrooper.7291

pffff this really sucks, just got banned 5min ago for botting wich really sucks, never used a botting program in my life , i don’t even know what to do with my time now… i mean why would arenanet not check how many achievement points a person has or if they completed the daily achievements or if they talk in chat, these are little things that already show that a person is not a bot. I see alot of people in this forum being banned for no reason, please arenanet, do something about this asap

i even bought gems with real money, what bot does that !?
ticket number [Incident: 121107-002367]

RMS Trooper ~ The Phoenix Legend [TPL] ~ Gandaran commander

(edited by RMStrooper.7291)

Posted by: Saika.8495

Saika.8495

Also been banned about an hour ago.

reference no: #121107-002411

Posted by: Mirror.9126

Mirror.9126

Yesterday I was playing as usual but suddenly the game crashed and then..ban for botting, using macros exc exc. I’ve never done such things, I did a support ticket….and still nothing.

Posted by: rohff.4816

rohff.4816

I got banned for no reason. Please GW2. I know we are a minority but dont do like big countrys, please take care of us.
In my 10years of gamer experience, i didnt met anything like this. Someone needs to be Fired and anet gotta provide us an explanation.

Rachiia.6045

pffff this really sucks, just got banned 5min ago for botting wich really sucks, never used a botting program in my life , i don’t even know what to do with my time now… i mean why would arenanet not check how many achievement points a person has or if they completed the daily achievements or if they talk in chat, these are little things that already show that a person is not a bot. I see alot of people in this forum being banned for no reason, please arenanet, do something about this asap

i even bought gems with real money, what bot does that !?
ticket number [Incident: 121107-002367]

6. I also bought gems and keys.
Very clever the way I’ve thrown ArenaNet off my botting scent by spending my own money on the game.

Posted by: Ruith.5861

Ruith.5861

Before going any further, I am not a botter and do not use macros. I am a normal player who sits at the keyboard using his fingers, hands, eyes and brain (sometimes).

I just experienced a game crash whilst at Plinx up in Cursed Shore. I rebooted my system and when I tried to log back into the game, I was met with the following message:

“Your Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated due to botting, extended unattended play, using macros, or similar behavior. Attempting to automate gameplay through any means or attempting to circumvent idle-time restrictions in any way is in violation of the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. The account closure is permanent.”

Totally gutted. I was planning on doing some runs in Arah given that it is unusually un-bugged at the moment on our server. But no, I get wrongfully perma-banned. Yet another marvellous mess, ArenaNet.

I should imagine that it is a glitch in a new system being used to get rid of the growing number of bots that are appearing in-game, which is needed. But it is not working, because normal players are getting banned.

Please sort this out ArenaNet. I have submitted a support ticket. If someone from ArenaNet could reply to me I would be most grateful.

Mirror.9126

When this misunderstanding will be solved I hope they’ll refund us with something.
I’m so angry….so much time… money on gems… at the end banned for no reason.
I asked for a proof of what I’ve done, I want to know something. If I’ve done something I don’t know how.

Posted by: Baozai.3817

Baozai.3817

Yes this is indeed frustrating getting banned… its even more frustrating waiting for a response from support on days end not knowing when you will get a response.

rohff.4816

@Ruith
Exactly the samething happened to me. I was waiting at Plinx startup event, then my screen became black. At first i though there was a problem with the software or my graphic card drivers. I restarted the game and clicked login and see that my account was locked.
I really want that someone pay for these error. We are true humans who paid for the game.
I played WoW for 6-7 years and i met over 10000 people, no one ever talked about such a error.
I understand you want your Gem store to be successful but this is not a way. You should verify accounts before locking them.
You are in the wrong way ANET.

rohff.4816

I ask for justice, nothing more nothing less. I dont want to take the game to justice. Dont over use your power on us.
We got banned for false reasons after having invested our free time and money in this game.
Fix this problem as soon as possible.

Posted by: LilitDison.3476

LilitDison.3476

I got a response form suport team after i submitted a ticket 23 hours ago , it just says requesting more information so that we can research this for you, please provide the 25-digit Guild wars 2 Serial Code you registered to your account. I have already added my serial code to the same ticket and not sure why they did not receive it.

Posted by: Hero Of Time.1053

Hero Of Time.1053

Dear Areanet,

Today I came across a problem of my account being suspended.
Earlier today on 11/7/2012 during the morning I logged on to Guild Wars, didn’t do much was probably on for less then an hour. I took a nap, then tried to log back in around 12:30 p.m. server time, and I came across this message following,

“Guild Wars 2 has encountered an error, Your Guild Wars 2 Account has been suspended for an account issue, Please contact support for more information”

I was just wondering what I can do to get my account un-suspended or how it even got that way.
As a player in Guild Wars I always follow the rules, and report Botting, Gold Sellers, Scamming, and racial slurs when they occur.
I never do any of the above, occasionally when I swear it’s is only jokingly with my friends in my guild and such, and they are never racist or bias, or anything over pg-13, except your occasional f-bomb. What I’m trying to ask is how this happened, and how do I get back on the game, un-suspended.
I would leave an Email but i’m not sure how many people can see this.
Thank you for your time and have a good day.

Mirror.9126

Dear Gaile if is usefull, I bought my prepurchase edition from www.multiplayer.com and I’m from Italy

Reference #121106-002340

Posted by: TWMEIPO.6925

TWMEIPO.6925

Account has been banned for botting. I don? bot. I don? use macros. I don? use any kind of automation software. Please help!!
?121107-002068

Posted by: Drachdhar.7016

Drachdhar.7016

Would like to know the same thing… And given that I bought GW2 a few hours ago and just finished installing I kinda know that i’ve done nothing wrong since I havent even played yet. A big bummer having my account suspended before I even get to play.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey folks,

Let me give you a couple of updates about this thread. Again, this is not an official thread, and we’re not looking at this thread to find people we can help (because we have others means to do that, see below).

If you care to join in in this thread, you’re joining a player-to-player conversation, acceptable in our forums if the conversation remains positive and helpful.

Some notes:

• If your account is terminated for botting, contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.
  • Generally you will be helped very quickly (the average is well under 24 hours) but if you find you still need help after three days, feel free to post in the Tickets for Review thread, which is at the top of this Account Support sub-forum.
  • Don’t post here repeatedly, or heatedly, or as a call to get everyone to pick up their great swords and make this a crusade. If your posts consist of the same repeated complaints, you are putting your forum privileges at risk. This sort of commentary contributes nothing to our ability to help players or to correct any issues related to false positives and we truly want to help!
  • We know there are false positives. When you’re banning thousands, there is some chance that an innocent player will be banned. We regret that deeply, and we work constantly to improve the processes (which are not automatic, by the way) to avoid false positives.
  • Most importantly, you should know that a number of the people in this thread posting about their “unjust ban” are, in fact, botters. They may be RMT workers from a foreign country; they may be the guy down the street who is using a bot program and doesn’t think we can detect it. Not everyone is guilty, for certain! Not even the majority posting here are botters! But equally certain, not everyone protesting an account termination here is innocent, either. Please keep that in mind when you read this thread: The volume of posts, or the heat of the protest does not equate to the actual number of innocent players.

And again, we want to help, and we will, if you file a ticket and let us review the case.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Zaken.1806

Zaken.1806

Drachdhar, where did you get your game key from ?

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

I have a theory..

How many people who got banned without ever using bots etc are rangers?

It would be helpful to know what’s causing the false positives. It makes no sense in my case because I spend 90% of my time in WvW or at the trading post, the other 10% being the occasional dungeon run(maybe 3-4 per week) and yesterday was the first time in weeks I actually did my daily achievements. None of these activities seem like something that could be easily mistaken for botting, so that really makes me wonder… how did someone who never does anything resembling botting raise a false positive?

(edited by Cerise.9045)