Not Getting Our Mails? Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail & more.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Wreave.2138

Wreave.2138

My email account I use with GW2 is a yahoo account and ive had no issues receiving mail from gw2 support.

One caveat though is I do not have arenanet send me mail very often to that account (only a handful of support inqueries, and a few auth).

I assume that support emails are coming from a different sender (and probably route) than authentication emails. Hence they might get through while authentication emails are blocked/lost.

I do feel that at this point its in yahoo’s court with getting the emails through. It is possible that they have some sort of account level blacklisting for emails. The odd thing is my yahoo account is receiving support emails just fine, while other people are not – which to me is strange. So it has to be affecting a block of yahoo accounts and not all yahoo accounts.

Again, it might be blocking all authentication emails for all users. Knowing whether or not it does that would help.

At this point, yahoo has a standard procedure — postmaster to postmaster communication. I.e. its up to ArenaNet to contact yahoo postmaster.

Are the yahoo accounts with the issue all mail+ accounts? Are there any specific features on your account that may be contributing?

I think that everything is mail+ now (as of a month or so ago). Difference now is unpaid (with adverts) or paid (ad-free). Mine was a paid Mail+ account originally, now its paid ad-free.

Make sure you double check your blocked addresses list in your yahoo account settings and verify that guildwars2.com is not there.

I checked blocked addresses list, and filters. No problems there.

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Whether it fully resolves the issues, fixing SPF is a good start.

If you want some additional notes that might help the process of improving the ability for gw2 emails to arrive in the mailboxes, then a couple of good sites to do SMTP checks from are Check SMTP (http://testsmtp.tcsoftware.net) and MX Toolbox (http://mxtoolbox.com).

When you put the email address “guildwars2@ncsoft.com” through the checks at Check SMTP, it fails because the “guildwars2” mailbox does not actually exist on any of the mail servers listed with MX records.

Mail that comes from a mailbox that does not exist has a much higher probability of being classified as spam.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

^while that may be, its a common practice for a lot of websites to send notifications from a DO_NOT_REPLY@example.com and most of those mails do not get filtered out.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Draygo, while you’re right in the sense that a lot of companies use noreply, some – not all – mail servers are specifically configured to double-check if a mailbox exists or not, before deciding what to do with an email. Sending emails from an address that actually exists will avoid problems with those particular servers.

On another side of things, although I’ve not received an email from guildwars2@ncsoft.com for a while, and so things might have changed, the emails I do have give no indication that it’s a noreply address and that replies will be bounced.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Bumping to make sure folks are aware of this issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

I’ve found with yahoo that not only do I not receive an authentication email from outside locations I also get a ‘unable to authenticate’ error. I have submitted a ticket and hopefully the team can finally locate the source of the issue…my only question is does anyone know if the mobile authenticator is getting the same trouble?

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’ve found with yahoo that not only do I not receive an authentication email from outside locations I also get a ‘unable to authenticate’ error. I have submitted a ticket and hopefully the team can finally locate the source of the issue…my only question is does anyone know if the mobile authenticator is getting the same trouble?

Where is the “unable to authenticate” error taking place? On Yahoo? Or are you saying that you are not getting the auth e-mail and then, because you cannot authenticate to get into the game?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Updated 19 November 2013:

About Tickets and Not Getting A Response: Generally, if you don’t hear from us, creating another ticket will not help. However, if you’re not getting our responses, you might try contacting Support on a new ticket using a new e-mail provider — preferably not one on the list with known issues. If you do this, please include your previous ticket number(s).

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Where is the “unable to authenticate” error taking place? On Yahoo? Or are you saying that you are not getting the auth e-mail and then, because you cannot authenticate to get into the game?

Once I select log-in from a source other than at home, it first tells me it has sent an authentication email then about 15 seconds later comes back with ‘unable to authenticate return to login’ on the forums. I have my home saved to be enabled so I can still play, its just I like to get onto the forums when I’m away but due to this I cannot.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Once I select log-in from a source other than at home, it first tells me it has sent an authentication email then about 15 seconds later comes back with ‘unable to authenticate return to login’ on the forums. I have my home saved to be enabled so I can still play, its just I like to get onto the forums when I’m away but due to this I cannot.

Knowing that you may not get our responses, I’m hesitant to ask you to submit a ticket, but we can’t resolve this for you over the forums, and I think that’s the thing to do. Do you have an alternate e-mail address to use for a ticket? Something that, unlike Yahoo, may not block our inbound e-mails? If so, create a ticket and answer all the questions in relation to your game account. The team should be able to help.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Just a note: Creating new tickets and sending them through the same e-mail provider may be an exercise in futility. Consider an alternate means of contact through an un-borked e-mail provider and reference you existing ticket number(s).

We want to help!

Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Kristian.6189

Kristian.6189

@Wreave :

I’m having the same issues that you are having and I also have a Yahoo! account for GW2. I have a dynamic IP so I approve e-mails often. My account was doing great in receiving this authentication e-mails, but recently I have not been receiving e-mails from the e-mail authentication system, no normal e-mails nor spam. When I tried recovery, “Disable Linked Authentications” is grayed out for me too. I really hope this issue gets fixed. I’m concerned about our other co-players out there having the same issues.

Edit: E-mails from GW2 Support is fine though. Authentication e-mails are the ones being blocked I guess. It may not be sending or being blocked by something. I really don’t know the details though.

(edited by Kristian.6189)

Posted by: Video Professor.4672

Video Professor.4672

I’ve got a yahoo email and have the same issue with not being able to receive authentication emails. Password reset emails also don’t arrive. The last email I received was on November 13th at 12:08AM about the Tower of Nightmares content from guildwars2@ncsoft.com.

I was able to receive an invitation email to the Edge of the Mists alpha, but there’s an issue with the alpha team sending me my login credentials. I suspect that issue is the same reason why authentication emails don’t come through to me. The EotM emails I received were from the arena.net domain, and authentication emails have always come from a @guildwars2.com email.

Draygo.9473

Just auth emails are being blocked right now? interesting. This seems to be in yahoos department as the host guildwars2 is using isn’t on any known blacklists and the headers are coming back clean. If you are having issues at this point you need to either get yahoo to fix it (good luck) or switch email providers.

My yahoo account can still get support emails and authentication emails as well, which makes it more puzzling that some people are having the issue while others are not – to me this points specifically to an issue inside the yahoo ecosystem as the culprit.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

Wreave.2138

I’m still condering the possibility that the problem is on ArenaNets end — i.e. perhaps there’s an internal problem that is preventing ArenaNet from actually sending the emails for some yahoo users. I had hoped that Gaile would post more info here about what ArenaNet is doing and what they have done in working on this issue, but I have yet to see that.

As several of us have noted the Remove Authentication button is grayed out. Is that by design? Or is it a bug? If it’s a bug, perhaps it actually its actually related to why we’re also not getting authentication email.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hi folks,

I wanted to update you on this situation. We are looking at this issue from every viewpoint, and are not discounting any possibility. However, the evidence points to this being an issue on the part of the ISPs, and not necessarily on our end.

Don’t worry — we also are reviewing our systems. But our mails go out through two totally difference systems. For instance, receipts are sent through a different system than support tickets. Authentication doesn’t come from the same source as a newsletter, etc., etc. So it seems unlikely that we have the issue, when some people using a specific ISP have issues with e-mails coming from any of our sending systems.

Some people using the listed e-mail providers are just fine. They can submit tickets, we get their responses, they get our responses, and all is well. Others, for reasons that are not clear, are not getting anything, or only getting “E-mail Type A” and not “E-mail Type B.”

We’re on the case! (We’re trying to schedule phone meetings with the ISPs.) But in the meantime: If you are not getting e-mails that you expect to receive — receipts, ticket responses, authentication e-mails — you may want to consider creating a new account on a different provider and writing in through that provider. (Please choose a provider that is not on the list of those having problems. List is in the first post in this thread.)

If you contact us through a new e-mail account, we will need to verify that you are the account owner, for security reasons. But using a different e-mail account may be the only way for us to exchange e-mails until we can work with each ISP to get this problem resolved.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’m still condering the possibility that the problem is on ArenaNets end — i.e. perhaps there’s an internal problem that is preventing ArenaNet from actually sending the emails for some yahoo users. I had hoped that Gaile would post more info here about what ArenaNet is doing and what they have done in working on this issue, but I have yet to see that.

As several of us have noted the Remove Authentication button is grayed out. Is that by design? Or is it a bug? If it’s a bug, perhaps it actually its actually related to why we’re also not getting authentication email.

Removing Authentication requires assistance from Support. So yes, that is by design. The disabling of this feature is not related to the e-mail problems.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: SkullRaven.5630

SkullRaven.5630

If you contact us through a new e-mail account, we will need to verify that you are the account owner, for security reasons. But using a different e-mail account may be the only way for us to exchange e-mails until we can work with each ISP to get this problem resolved.

What security information would be needed. I would be happy to do this, but my problem is I keep getting asked for the serial number. I no longer have the serial number being as I’ve had this game for over a year now. I’ve talked with support and received the exact cookie cutter responses and that I need my serial number. So to answer my question quite directly, if I no longer have my serial number does that mean I will not be able to play the game again until the issue is resolved? (will be moving out of the area in 2 days)

Wandering aimlessly in HoD.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

~snip~ So to answer my question quite directly, if I no longer have my serial number does that mean I will not be able to play the game again until the issue is resolved?

There are other means to prove ownership. If the CS team member is only accepting the serial code, and cannot use other information, then there may be a question about ownership of the account. I cannot address this specifically because I am not looking at the ticket. However, there are not a whole lot of occasions when we can help only if we have a serial code. Continue to work with the team; I believe they can help you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

As I mentioned, we’re actively pursuing this issue on many levels. A suggestion:

Consider adding our e-mail addresses to your e-mail address book or approved sender list, especially if you are using Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail.

Here are some addresses that you could add related to Guild Wars 2 and Guild Wars:

• Guild Wars 2 Player Support [support@guildwars2.zendesk.com]
  • Guild Wars 2 Support [support@guildwars2.com]
  • Guild Wars 2 Team [guildwars2@ncsoft.com]
  • Guild Wars Player Support [support@guildwars.zendesk.com]
  • Guild Wars Support [support@guildwars.com]
  • guildwars@plaync.com
  • noreply@guildwars2.com
  • support@ncsoft.com
  • noreply@guildwars2.com (see note below)

*Note on that last one: We send our mails with exactly this sender line: noreply@guildwars2.com (something “ArenaNet” is not in the sender line, but one Hotmail user told me he does see ArenaNet as the sender with noreply@guildwars2.com as sender). Please be aware that phishers often to use ArenaNet [noreply@guildwars2.com] and their alleged sending email address. Be aware that if you add noreply@guildwars2.com you’ll probably get mails from both ArenaNet and would-be phishing senders, so watch for that and be very, very careful with any links!

Important note: Adding these addresses to your approved senders or address book does not mean that you can assume that mails from these addresses are safe. It simply allows mails to come to your in-box, after which you can analyze them and appraise their safety. Please, please please take care in opening all e-mails, and do not click links but instead copy and paste into your browser. Do that even for our e-mails — just for extra security!

Players: Can we get your comments on this? Have you tried adding any of our sending addresses to your address book or your approved senders list? Did it work? Did it not work, or only partially work?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

So my post immediately above was pretty long. I’ll make this one short:

Have you tried adding our sending addresses to your address book or your approved senders list? Did it work? Did it not work, or only partially work?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Kristian.6189

Have you tried adding our sending addresses to your address book or your approved senders list? Did it work? Did it not work, or only partially work?

I’ll be trying this option and will report later the results.

Kristian.6189

Sad to say but I’m still not getting any emails from the E-mail Authentication.

I received the newsletter from the latest update “Fractured!” though and a survey from Support, but I am not able to receive any authentication e-mails.

Wreave.2138

That was one of the first things I tried. I added noreply@guildwars2.com. Made no diff. Auth emails still failed to arrive.

I also tried adding a filter rule to force mail to go into my mailbox (not spam mailbox). Worked fine for the few pieces of spam mail I get. Made no diff on auth emails.

Draygo.9473

Auth mails from gw2 went to my spambox in yahoo today, after clicking not spam on 2 of them they started going back into my inbox. Just wanted to drop a note.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Auth mails from gw2 went to my spambox in yahoo today, after clicking not spam on 2 of them they started going back into my inbox. Just wanted to drop a note.

That is very helpful. Please read the above if you’re using Yahoo!

Beyond that, we are continuing to try to sort out this issue. Please see my initial post for suggestions about a potential work-around. We want to help you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

New question: Has anyone had difficulties lately receiving a receipt for a purchase? If so, what e-mail provider are you using?

Thanks for your help!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

Just wanted to say that email authentication for the forums stopped working for me in early October. The mail provider is yahoo. The IP address I am logging from does not change at home nor at work (which is why I can log in and post this from home.) The IP from work is the one I try to authenticate. I do not use a throw-away for the login, so that is not the issue. I did check “not spam” at some point most likely. I try to authenticate and I never get the email. I chaulked this up to a possible temporary problem at yahoo’s end because they keep making changes to their web based email service so didn’t try again until today. It still does not work for me… just a heads up.

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Just wanted to say that email authentication for the forums stopped working for me in early October. The mail provider is yahoo. The IP address I am logging from does not change at home nor at work (which is why I can log in and post this from home.) The IP from work is the one I try to authenticate. I do not use a throw-away for the login, so that is not the issue. I did check “not spam” at some point most likely. I try to authenticate and I never get the email. I chaulked this up to a possible temporary problem at yahoo’s end because they keep making changes to their web based email service so didn’t try again until today. It still does not work for me… just a heads up.

Thanks for this report. We have reached out to Yahoo to try to solve this problem. We’ll keep trying to correct the issues — as much as we are able — for all the providers who seem to have “difficulty” delivering our emails to the customers’ in-boxes.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Monkman.9508

Monkman.9508

I am having this issue recently, and I know why, as should you, the spoof and phishing e-mail were sent with your addresses as the source, I am really surprised you all have not changed your e-mail address down there at GW2 headquarters, that is the easiest way to get your e-mails through, since new e-mails will not yet be flagged as fraud. If you change your e-mail address often, even just adding a number to the end of it, it would help a lot with this problem.

Also, I am on here to check my in box here on this website, and it is empty, why would you not cc your messages here for us to pick up ? Why have you not e-mailed me also in game?

Now where on earth am I supposed to find my support ticket then since you do not e-mail me here, seem to have a blocked e-mail address with my mail server, and do not seem to have a place for me to look up my tickets ?

(edited by Monkman.9508)

Posted by: slycooperfox.6132

slycooperfox.6132

Hey um.. I haven’t played in over a year or so and I still remember my e-mail I used but I cant remember what my password was and I want to change it. The thing is I totally forgot my in-game characters name..

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hey um.. I haven’t played in over a year or so and I still remember my e-mail I used but I cant remember what my password was and I want to change it. The thing is I totally forgot my in-game characters name..

As you can log into the forums, your password must be saved. Try checking your browsers ‘tools’ for saved passwords. Both the forums and the game use the same password. Good luck. =)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I am having this issue recently, and I know why, as should you, the spoof and phishing e-mail were sent with your addresses as the source, I am really surprised you all have not changed your e-mail address down there at GW2 headquarters, that is the easiest way to get your e-mails through, since new e-mails will not yet be flagged as fraud. If you change your e-mail address often, even just adding a number to the end of it, it would help a lot with this problem.

Also, I am on here to check my in box here on this website, and it is empty, why would you not cc your messages here for us to pick up ? Why have you not e-mailed me also in game?

Now where on earth am I supposed to find my support ticket then since you do not e-mail me here, seem to have a blocked e-mail address with my mail server, and do not seem to have a place for me to look up my tickets ?

I think you’re not clear on e-mail “sender” information. Anyone can send an e-mail as just about anyone in the world. You could get an e-mail that appears to come from The Cat in the Hat or President Obama or Santa Claus, but that doesn’t mean it came from them. In fact, I’m pretty comfortable telling you that that mail did not come from any of those sources.

I can’t see where us changing our legitimate e-mail address would make a bit of difference, when the mails are not coming from us, but can be spoofed to appear to come from us no matter what the real sending address may be. And cycling through constantly changing e-mail addresses is a recipe for disaster!

You can verify the sender of an e-mail by checking its properties or the mail header. Our changing our outbound e-mail address won’t reduce the phishing attempts. Each of us who uses the Internet must protect ourselves by being diligent in checking e-mails and making sure they come from the source they show in the “From” or “Sender” field.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Runestar.5017

Runestar.5017

Just wanted to jump in and say I tried logging into the game for the first time in a while and was given the wonderful cycle of authentication email with no email being recieved. I use hotmail for the account and couldn’t log into the forum to post in this thread until I manually added all the email address’s showing at the top of page 2.

tbh I almost gave up and just logged back in to a competitor so this really should be fixed with the email providers as they must have you flagged as ‘fraud’ as arenanet emails didn’t even show up in my spam folder.

Awful problem for new or returning players imo.

Cheers

Draygo.9473

If there is a SPF check line in your header field check that first.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Monkman.9508

Monkman.9508

I think you’re not clear on e-mail “sender” information. Anyone can send an e-mail as just about anyone in the world. You could get an e-mail that appears to come from The Cat in the Hat or President Obama or Santa Claus, but that doesn’t mean it came from them. In fact, I’m pretty comfortable telling you that that mail did not come from any of those sources.

I can’t see where us changing our legitimate e-mail address would make a bit of difference, when the mails are not coming from us, but can be spoofed to appear to come from us no matter what the real sending address may be. And cycling through constantly changing e-mail addresses is a recipe for disaster!

You can verify the sender of an e-mail by checking its properties or the mail header. Our changing our outbound e-mail address won’t reduce the phishing attempts. Each of us who uses the Internet must protect ourselves by being diligent in checking e-mails and making sure they come from the source they show in the “From” or “Sender” field.

Hi Gail,

I am aware of how e-mails work, and am also aware of being able to change the way the senders address appears, I am a computer scientist/ programmer/ and web developer who runs a fairly large company devoted to the internet.

If you can not see how it would help, then I guess that explains why you have not done it. I was a bit upset when I wrote my post and I am aware it may have come through in my wording, it was not directed at you at all, just a frustration with the situation.

Just to let you know Outlook.com did not have you blocked by IP address, but by e-mail address, so by slightly changing your e-mail address now and then, it would have been sent to my junk box still, but not completely deleted from existence, as my spam filters were doing.

Thank you for your reply just the same, having added you to my safe senders list, e-mails are now coming through, but I will likely have to block you again soon as the phishers I am sure will return, and of course I do not blame you for their actions.

You may want to get your e-mail server’s IPs on some of the big e-mail white lists out there if possible, such as Certified Senders Alliance, The Spamhaus Project, and Certified email, it would eliminate this problem for most. Again no reason for not sending copies to in game e-mails or the e-mails here of the forum, it may be out of your job description to set things up, but it is far from impossible so long as you have a way to give ideas to people who do such things, there are also e-mail services that will send for you for a charge that are white listed, they can use your e-mail address also of course.

Peace to you, and all of your co workers, support has helped me now, and did it quickly and polity, I am thankful for the great service, and trying to help.

(edited by Monkman.9508)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hi Gail,

I am aware of how e-mails work, and am also aware of being able to change the way the senders address appears, I am a computer scientist/ programmer/ and web developer who runs a fairly large company devoted to the internet.

If you can not see how it would help, then I guess that explains why you have not done it. I was a bit upset when I wrote my post and I am aware it may have come through in my wording, it was not directed at you at all, just a frustration with the situation.

Just to let you know Outlook.com did not have you blocked by IP address, but by e-mail address, so by slightly changing your e-mail address now and then, it would have been sent to my junk box still, but not completely deleted from existence, as my spam filters were doing.

Thank you for your reply just the same, having added you to my safe senders list, e-mails are now coming through, but I will likely have to block you again soon as the phishers I am sure will return, and of course I do not blame you for their actions.

You may want to get your e-mail server’s IPs on some of the big e-mail white lists out there if possible, such as Certified Senders Alliance, The Spamhaus Project, and Certified email, it would eliminate this problem for most. Again no reason for not sending copies to in game e-mails or the e-mails here of the forum, it may be out of your job description to set things up, but it is far from impossible so long as you have a way to give ideas to people who do such things, there are also e-mail services that will send for you for a charge that are white listed, they can use your e-mail address also of course.

Peace to you, and all of your co workers, support has helped me now, and did it quickly and polity, I am thankful for the great service, and trying to help.

Thank you for this additional information — I found it very interesting indeed! What I don’t want us to do is have a revolving door of e-mail addresses. That just “smells funky” if you know what I mean. “Guild Wars 2 Team ABAA” or “Newest version of GW2 Team” just doesn’t have a veracity factor that I’d want our mails to have. But your insights are, as I said, quite interesting, and I will be sure to pass them along to the folks who would handle the core of our e-mail system.

(Just to set your mind at rest, the fact that I can’t see how it would help doesn’t explain why we haven’t done it. Believe me, I’m not in charge of e-mail configurations! But I suspect you meant “you” in more of a company sense, and that’s why I’ll be sharing your thoughts with those who would make those decisions.)

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Moving to front page.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Bumping for visibility.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Are you still not getting our mails?

Our IT Specialist said the following:

So far every email address I have been sent from a customer with complaints about not receiving our emails has been one of the following issues.

1. The user marked us as spam at some point in the past. I clear these spam records when the user says they’re having issues receiving our messages.
2. The user is receiving the messages according to our mail logs. In these cases the problem is either that the mail is in their spam [gg:or Junk folder] or they need to add us to their safe sender list.

So… are you still not receiving our e-mails? Please take action on Item No. 2 above and, if you believe you may have flagged us as in Item No. 1, please PM me the e-mail address that forms your log-in name. Do not send me anything else — no password, please! — just the e-mail address. Send via PM only and PM about this issue only, please so I can keep my in-box clear.

I’ll see if our IT Team can take Step No. 1 above after you’ve done Step No. 2. With that ~cross fingers~ we may be able to nail down this issue completely.

Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: loneomega.1209

loneomega.1209

My dad purchased Guild Wars 2 during the holiday sale. He received the automated receipt within a minute of purchasing it. However, we then failed to receive any following e-mails containing the serial code. I filed ticket request #19232 asking if it was having trouble being processed and they responded that the serial code had been sent but since we had checked the junk/spam folders they resent it. We still never received it. I responded back to support and have yet to hear back from them, it’s been over 12 hours now and now I’m worried that we’re not getting support e-mails back either. I’m a little nervous for when it’s time for the authentication e-mail. My dad uses a local internet provider, S & A telephone and gets his e-mail through there. We contacted them and there were no hold-ups there.

Posted by: Guuses.8740

Guuses.8740

My dad purchased Guild Wars 2 during the holiday sale. He received the automated receipt within a minute of purchasing it. However, we then failed to receive any following e-mails containing the serial code. I filed ticket request #19232 asking if it was having trouble being processed and they responded that the serial code had been sent but since we had checked the junk/spam folders they resent it. We still never received it. I responded back to support and have yet to hear back from them, it’s been over 12 hours now and now I’m worried that we’re not getting support e-mails back either. I’m a little nervous for when it’s time for the authentication e-mail. My dad uses a local internet provider, S & A telephone and gets his e-mail through there. We contacted them and there were no hold-ups there.

I have had the same problem when I purchased it today, I have received no email at all.
still waiting to receive anything. Going to give GW2 to a friend of mine for christmas tomorrow.

Posted by: loneomega.1209

loneomega.1209

My dad’s issue was resolved and he was able to make his account under a Gmail account instead of his original e-mail and it didn’t have any issues receiving his authentication e-mail and he was able to register his account! The download has begun!! We’re all very pleased, I’m really looking forward to playing Guild Wars 2 with him

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

My dad’s issue was resolved and he was able to make his account under a Gmail account instead of his original e-mail and it didn’t have any issues receiving his authentication e-mail and he was able to register his account! The download has begun!! We’re all very pleased, I’m really looking forward to playing Guild Wars 2 with him

Very glad to hear this, and thank you for posting!

I have had the same problem when I purchased it today, I have received no email at all.
still waiting to receive anything. Going to give GW2 to a friend of mine for christmas tomorrow.

Did this get sorted for you? If not, please do submit a ticket by clicking “Support” at the top of this page, and then “Submit a request” to get started. We will look into this for you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Bumping for visibility.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Moving this to the front row because there are suggestions that players having this trouble may wish to use.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

This should be back on the front page, just in case.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Bump to first page

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Moving to front page.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: LastOneAlive.2546

LastOneAlive.2546

Helpful thread for a frustrating issue!

Just wanted to give some feedback – I’ve been having trouble recently getting emails to authorize login attempts from different IP addresses (one set IP address at home, and also a mobile internet modem through a different provider. I had about a 30% success rate), and yesterday I needed to reset my password but wasn’t receiving the password reset emails. For the record, I use a hotmail address. I found this forum topic, read through the entries, added the list of email addresses provided by Gaile in a previous post to my safe senders list, then requested another password change and an email arrived within seconds allowing me to change my password. Excellent, and thanks for the advice.

I do have to mention, however, that the Password Reset email I received from noreply@guildwars2.com shows up in my hotmail inbox as from ArenaNet rather than noreply@guildwars2.com, contrary to Gaile’s note on that email address. I double checked the sender by clicking “forward email”, and the first line of the email to be forwarded is “> From: noreply@guildwars2.com” with no mention of “ArenaNet” in the sender line, so all is well. Perhaps that’s just a hotmail quirk.

Thanks again!