Perma-Banned for exploit [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Maverick.6547

Maverick.6547

Can you all post your servers please. Just want to survey which servers got hit. I’m sure this is all a mistake and will be resolved as soon as possible. Just be patient people.

Jade Quarry

Europe, Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

Yak’s Bend.

And I for one, didn’t receive any kind of email from anet or NCSoft before, nor after the ban.

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

Posted by: Persepolis.6295

Persepolis.6295

Black Gate, Apparently theres a GM logged into my account checking everything and all my alts.. Ughh I hope they solve this

Posted by: Pritst.1469

Pritst.1469

i really wish a dev would post something in here just something that they know this happened or them telling us all of us deserved it anything just 2 be aware of whats going on,

how do u know that?

nikkistar.1409

Black Gate, Apparently theres a GM logged into my account checking everything and all my alts.. Ughh I hope they solve this

How do you know this?

Posted by: wedo.3049

wedo.3049

JADE QUARRY myself and friend so that’s two more for jq

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

GoM, transfer gold to guild members through the guild bank as well.

Posted by: Pocket.8406

Pocket.8406

Did anyone else receive a phishing scam on their email trying to gain access to their account (check your email junk box for something entitled Guild wars 2 – urgent account email verification) Obviously don’t open the link as it is a scam. Anyone else get this, it might be related?

Bowler Hat – Elementalist – WvW
Fêz – Elementalist – sPvP
[TUP] and [team]

Posted by: TheThinker.8461

TheThinker.8461

Are some servers more affected than others?

The only ones that know – ie – A-Net – is not talking… so it’s anyone’s guess.

I do know that today I had a very small download from A-net and whenever there is a log-in download there is a bigger download right after that. But today there was no bigger download, so I am wondering if that had something to do with it.

It is not linked to just one server though.

And I have NEVER used our guild’s bank, never once, so it is NOT related to transferring gold through the guild’s bank.

Posted by: Persepolis.6295

Persepolis.6295

How do you know this?

My buddy is tailing him right now and I can’t log into my account so It probably has to be a gm. I’m getting a message tho when I log in saying I can recover my account however I don’t have my serial key ughh =/ . Hes checking everything my bank logs and characters. He went invisible now

nikkistar.1409

I didn’t receive any phishing e-mail. I played WoW for 8+ years and know those emails well. I have a feeling there is an auto-ban implemented on some level, even if they don’t admit it. This is just too coincidental, and too many people have been effected to logically say anything otherwise.

Pritst.1469

i never got any email

Maverick.6547

Are some servers more affected than others?

The only ones that know – ie – A-Net – is not talking… so it’s anyone’s guess.

I do know that today I had a very small download from A-net and whenever there is a log-in download there is a bigger download right after that. But today there was no bigger download, so I am wondering if that had something to do with it.

It is not linked to just one server though.

And I have NEVER used our guild’s bank, never once, so it is NOT related to transferring gold through the guild’s bank.

Me neither, I never used the guild bank, not once. I didn’t even log in tonight…… my last log in was about 18 hours ago…..

nikkistar.1409

How do you know this?

My buddy is tailing him right now. Hes checking everything my bank logs and characters. He went invisible now

Didn’t realize GMs were allowed to do that. What would they even need to check everything for??

Pritst.1469

idk we were banned for exploits so idk what they could see on our guys?

Pocket.8406

I didn’t receive any phishing e-mail. I played WoW for 8+ years and know those emails well. I have a feeling there is an auto-ban implemented on some level, even if they don’t admit it. This is just too coincidental, and too many people have been effected to logically say anything otherwise.

I agree with this, Anet must of made a mistake and banned mass people. I asked about the phishing email as I just wanted to make sure that it happened to be coincidence I received it just a few hours prior to being banned.

[TUP] and [team]

Posted by: Filterkat.2143

Filterkat.2143

I tried to log in this morning and same thing. Account perma-banned due to “exploit”. I mainly play WvW and have never farmed/exploited anything in the game. I dont use macros, i dont do bugged events, nothing. I submitted a ticket. hopefully they will get back to me soon. Apparently its happening all over.

Posted by: ioana.4590

ioana.4590

I’m on jade Quarry and got the Termination

Pritst.1469

I agree with this, Anet must of made a mistake and banned mass people. I asked about the phishing email as I just wanted to make sure that it happened to be coincidence I received it just a few hours prior to being banned.

so u did get a email? i didn’t even get one saying i was banned

and if u look on the leader-boards u can see how many were effected based on how many people moved in rank without gaining anything

Posted by: ioana.4590

ioana.4590

Did anyone else receive a phishing scam on their email trying to gain access to their account (check your email junk box for something entitled Guild wars 2 – urgent account email verification) Obviously don’t open the link as it is a scam. Anyone else get this, it might be related?

I got like 10 of those spam emails in the past few days, even submitted a ticket. They responded saying not to click on the link.

nikkistar.1409

and if u look on the leader-boards u can see how many were effected based on how many people moved in rank without gaining anything

No they got a phishing one a few hours before. I for one, did not get any phishing email, nor any email from NCSoft or Anet about it. Just “Perma-banned for in-game exploit” on the login screen.

Posted by: scawacs.8125

scawacs.8125

all this guessing reminds me of the south park movie where the hell director finally goes “the correct answer is mormons” (no offense)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=123_1190395606

anyway my point is all this guessing doesn’t help. we just have to wait it out until they find out what is really going on. and of course, we have to give them time to figure out what the hell is going on in the first place and try to fix it before they give us an answer.

Pritst.1469

from what i can tell 12 people of the top 1000 achievements were banned not as big as i thought but that still seams like a bit chunk baning 1.2% of players

and i’m not waiting lol i’m getting a subpoena i’m faxing it 2 them tmrw lol

Posted by: KrazyKat.6314

KrazyKat.6314

I also got perma-banned for exploiting as well and will submit a ticket. Hopefully this will all get resolved.

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

I am surprised that no Dev has posted on this. The moderators are locking threads and pointing here for answers.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

Posted by: Fallen Aeons.7650

Fallen Aeons.7650

Perm banned with 7 legendarys and over 2.5k hours. All because i got stuck in the map..

Devona’s Rest.

Rôse/ Elitist Mesmer/ Coldsnap[IX]/ Blackgate

Pocket.8406

No I just received a Phishing email trying to scam me out of my GW2 account, I just thought it was odd how I received it a few hours prior to being banned. (I have confirmed the email is fake due to it being sent from a Chinese IP address and linking me to a page not hosted by Arenanet).

[TUP] and [team]

nikkistar.1409

I wonder, if this has anything to do with the 10 extra laurels from last month? I have no idea, at this point, I am just throwing anything up.

Man, I was 102 skill points away from having my second incinerator. =|

Pritst.1469

no i didn’t get those extra 10 for the spvp monthly i had already finished it when you could’ve achieved it

Pocket.8406

I wonder, if this has anything to do with the 10 extra laurels from last month? I have no idea, at this point, I am just throwing anything up.

Man, I was 102 skill points away from having my second incinerator. =|

I didn’t do the extra monthly so I highly doubt it.

[TUP] and [team]

Posted by: gdortchjr.8750

gdortchjr.8750

I’m in the top 10% of the gw2 population. From what it seems the banning doesn’t seem to have a pattern.

I’ll tell you one thing if I am rolled back to more than 1 hour from when I was kicked I will very unhappy.

Pritst.1469

i was rank 45 on achievements

Posted by: InFluEnZa.6908

InFluEnZa.6908

Happened to me as well while I was standing in LA.

[DnT]Adi

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Why not:

US/EU:
Server:
Banned Message:
Ticket Sent?:

Just to make things a little bit more organized. I haven’t heard of any of my friends being banned, they would have mentioned it on my guild website. Sorry to hear some people got banned, hope those who if/were banned falsely get their account back.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

nikkistar.1409

Do any of you guys use Sweet FX?

Posted by: Punch.4231

Punch.4231

Someone else mentioned getting stuck. On my guardian earlier today during an event I somehow teleported into one of those spider cages. I relogged, didn’t fix it. So I just went to WvW and then logged out later. I didn’t want to waypoint out of the cage because I didn’t have any of the points close by and was exploring that zone.

Do they think I purposely bugged myself into the cage? Why on earth would I do that?

Ticket submitted.

Pocket.8406

Why not:

US/EU:
Server:
Banned Message:
Ticket Sent?:

Just to make things a little bit more organized. I haven’t heard of any of my friends being banned, they would have mentioned it on my guild website. Sorry to hear some people got banned, hope those who if/were banned falsely get their account back.

This seems like a good idea. (also I would recommend adding your ticket number too)

US/EU: EU
Server: Aurora Glade
Banned Message: You Guild Wars 2 account has been terminated for abusing an in-game exploit, which is a breach if the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct. This action is permanent.
Ticket Sent: Sent
Ticket number: 130418-000073

[TUP] and [team]

Pritst.1469

nope i don’t use any mods or anything

well on a side note congrats to all of us becasue appernatlly we all found a exploit so amazing we don’t even know about it

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

I’m in the top 10% of the gw2 population. From what it seems the banning doesn’t seem to have a pattern.

I’ll tell you one thing if I am rolled back to more than 1 hour from when I was kicked I will very unhappy.

Was that before or after you accidentally upgraded your back piece removing the skin? (ha-ha)

Location, location, location.

Maverick.6547

Why not:

US/EU:
Server:
Banned Message:
Ticket Sent?:

EU
Seafarer’s Rest
Abusing in-game exploit
Ticket Sent : Reference 130418-000145

Pritst.1469

ok wow the leader-boards were just updated 2 now not show the people who got banned in it’s calculations lol glad i already counted

Maverick.6547

Gaile Gray was replying the post below ……

Pocket.8406

And just a minute ago to the post above us.

[TUP] and [team]

Posted by: Filterkat.2143

Filterkat.2143

US: Yaks Bend
Banned message: Abusing in game Exploit
Ticket sent: Incident: 130418-000146

nikkistar.1409

He may not have the answers to our questions yet.

Maverick.6547

And just a minute ago to the post above us.

She replied all those 4 post and only “IGNORE” this one ….. (>.<)

Pritst.1469

how do we know she was replying did i miss something?

Posted by: Sin.9120

Sin.9120

US : Yak’s Bend
Banned Message : Abusing In Game Exploit
Ticket sent : 130418-000047

Yak’s Bend

Sinrogue – Thief

nikkistar.1409

Sorry Gail, I dunno if you are a she or he. =|

Maverick.6547

how do we know she was replying did i miss something?

When a “GM” reply a post, the logo right next to the sigject will change to Arnet logo.