The support forums are here to help the individual player and the community as a whole. When we post in the forums, we potentially help a lot of players. But if we respond to a private message, we help only a single player and, in doing that, we are not treating our players fairly. So please: Do not send a Private Message to any ArenaNet Team Member asking for individual assistance with your support issue, to discuss your suggestions, or to follow-up on forum threads.
Some tips for you:
- Use the in-game report system whenever possible.
- For individual support issues, please visit our Knowledge Base by clicking “Support” at the top of this page. Use the handy search engine to see if your answer already is present on the website.
- If the KB doesn’t help, and if you need individual assistance, click “Submit a request” in the upper right of the first Support page and provide as much information as possible in the web form. This will create a ticket within the support system and the team should be able to help you.
- If you want to follow up on a ticket, please be sure it has been at least three days since you were sent an update of any kind. If that is the case, please visit the Tickets for Review thread here in the Account Issues forum and ask for a review or update.
- To report an exploit, send an email to Exploits@Arena.Net. (Please help us keep sensitive information off the forums.)
- To share thoughts about the game, find the correct forum. For instance, if you have some feedback on Living World or a certain profession, please post in the forum with that name.
- If you’ve received a suspicious e-mail, review the A Note About Phishing thread .
The forums are a wonderful place, and ArenaNet staff members respond to as many posts as possible on a regular basis. But, in short, PMing isn’t the right way to get help, share suggestions, or obtain information. Please use the support system and the forums properly, as that will benefit all players.
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)