Unfair Banning - inappropriate language.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: PlatedOne.1357

PlatedOne.1357

I’d really love to have this reviewed as i don’t understand this really.

I made a group today to do SE P1, if you’ve ran this before you know its not an easy run and i put a team together making sure everyone know what to do.

One team member clearly didn’t and kept pulling mobs and wiping us to the result of over 5 wipes..

I then told him he was a d and to f off. in full length ofc.

Now what i don’t understand is that if we have a language filter that can be turned off how can i be banned for this for 71 hours? I was unaware this was ban-able seeing as we have this choice and feel i should be unbanned straight away.

I will refrain from using language again of course seeing as this is the result but feel I do not deserve this ban as I didn’t even get a warning regarding it..

I just feel a 71 hour ban for one offence that i feel isn’t clear was unfair and would like this to be removed…

Thanks.

(edited by PlatedOne.1357)

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Hello PlatedOne

The language filter has been said by Anet staff to be a layer of protection for people to use. Disabling it however does not give you the keys to violate the Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct. These rules are not there for show.

I understand you feel that the 71 hour ban for one offense is a bit much, but this length of ban is there to teach you not to do it again.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

PlatedOne.1357

Well, to be perfectly honest, you think a 3 day ban is acceptable for a first time offence? I don’t see how there can’t be some kind of warning system in place because this seems bizarre to me. A simple letter of warning would be more than enough to deter the average player, and me, rather than a 3 day ban which makes me feel NOT like playing in all honestly.

I can see the view of Arena net wanting a friendly community but this is just going to lead to first time offender drifting to other games during those 3 days is it not and loosing possible long term players?

When a player rages for 5 seconds they should not be banned for 3 days. Just my opinion.

Loli Ruri.8307

Your warning has been given already when you should have read the rules. When you learned to drive a car, did you TL;DR the road rules?

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

The language filter isn’t there so that you can swear whenever you want without consequence, it there to protect those that don’t want to see that kind of language. Yes it can be turned off but that doesn’t mean those who have can’t be offended by what you said.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

The following will result in either a temporary account suspension or permanent account termination, depending upon the severity of the matter:

Inappropriate in-game behavior, such as obscene, offensive, or racist talk or behavior; abuse of another player; harassment; etc.

Loli Ruri.8307

Thanks Veeber, I hope the echo in this thread will drive the message home. =D

PlatedOne.1357

Well if i can be banned for telling someone to f off because they continuously wiped a group, then i should be able to report him for continuously wiping us haha. I was not flaming the dude for hours, 2 words = ban, it’s laughable.

PlatedOne.1357

Yes echo your little parrot parade for Arenanet please do, but at the end of the day, banning someone for 3 days for a first time offence is OTT but of course you wouldn’t think that’s a problem would you.

Posted by: Drakent.9605

Drakent.9605

Nothing against you PlatedOne.1357 but i am glad that anet is actually doing something like this when most game wont even bother . I can feel your frustration about playing with other that might aggravate you b/c of there incompetence but at the end no 1 has the right to insult others, so i am sure now you have learn your lesson and next time this happen instead of insulting you do the right thing by letting him know that it isnt working out and you gona have to replace him

Posted by: Drakent.9605

Drakent.9605

i feel your pain, i’m going to try this trick to get people suspended just for the fun of it.

Go ahead try it , you do know that anet does check before taking action and you will be the one bann for giving false info

Posted by: Avien.8036

Avien.8036

there is so many loophole to this 3 days suspension I can already think of.

1) What reference does Anet support staff use to clearly distinguish the context of the situation. E.g. in your case, what if the other guy is really trolling and wiping and wasting your time just to get you suspended?

2) Is offensive word a clear indication of inappropriate language? So if somehow I managed to make someone send me a message to spell out offensive word, is that considered inappropriate?

3) If I managed to masked my insult behind sarcasm or use a different (non-English) offensive word and ask someone to look up the meaning is it considered an inappropriate language?

4) If I lashed out at someone and then realized that oh I actually clicked the wrong person and send the message by mistake. Does a simple statement at the end “I’m sorry, I thought I’m sending this message to a close friend as a joke?” serve as a cheap method of dishing insult and then putting in the phrase just to appear in the chat log as a ‘mistake’ oops.

5) WvWvW enemy guild members mass report some poor player from opponent

6) Taunting other players through other means “emote, body language, or currently playing offensive choir bell song?”

7) throwing insult to other player just to get them to insult you back but if you report them first, who gets banned?

There is so many grey area in this matter and it’s ridiculous that such a ‘heavy punishment’ is given out according to the Anet after ‘heavy review and consideration’ when they can’t even give us the chat log and explaining the logic behind their ‘heavy review and consideration’. Yeah right then I’m just going to insult a player and then end it with ‘oops, my bad I’m sorry I thought I was messaging my little brother sooo sorry’.

Anet moral police = fail.

Avien.8036

i feel your pain, i’m going to try this trick to get people suspended just for the fun of it.

Go ahead try it , you do know that anet does check before taking action and you will be the one bann for giving false info

not happy? You can swear at me in-game, please send me a message so I can report you to get you suspended. =) oops, i thought you were a close friend. Sorry .. my bad. just joking, just joking..

Avien.8036

All I need to do is replicate the same scenario as the OP but plays the victim role (the one wiping the party), why wouldn’t it work? Same situation, same argument, the person who didn’t read the code of conduct carefully and starts hurling the insults gets 3 days suspension. Simple as that.

Whoever reports and take screenshots and submit ticket and what not wins.