Will I get banned for using Combat Mode 1.0?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cadion.9027

Cadion.9027

Combat Mode 1.0 basically holds your right mouse button down for you, and it puts an “o” like aim sight above your character, using auto-target and fast cast aoes.
I think it makes combat seem a lot easier, so you can focus on dodging more and the art of what’s going on.

Though I like it, it is definitely not worth being banned over.
I know you can’t say “No” or “OK” any programs and such, but what I’m worried about is that it puts an “o” aimer into the game, and makes your camera follow your turns.

A lot of people are starting to use this, and it is being shared like candy on Halloween.
Some people are worries though that this might be something not allowed.

If I don’t find an answer to this thread, I’m not going to use it since I’ll be unsure. But a lot would argue it doesn’t give advantage and anyone can get it if they please.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

There hasnt been any word from Arenasoft about it yet. Theyre probably working on the technicalities of it, and if it gives a player an unfair advantage over others.

Just because a lot of people use it, doesnt make it legitimate to use.

Posted by: Amodin.1092

Amodin.1092

While there is no official word that I have seen about it, I would personally consider this a macro use. You are running a program that tells your computer to do something in the game that does not force you to do it yourself – that’s a macro. An automated keybind, mouse click, key combination, etc that you are not performing.

That said – they ban bots. Bots are run by programs that… automate keybinds, mouse clicks, key combinations, etc….

The moral of the story is: If you have to ask, then you probably should not use it.

And this B.S. right here:

“But a lot would argue it doesn’t give advantage and anyone can get it if they please.”

That is a pathetic excuse to use a macro, and quite frankly stupid.

Cadion.9027

And this B.S. right here:

“But a lot would argue it doesn’t give advantage and anyone can get it if they please.”

That is a pathetic excuse to use a macro, and quite frankly stupid.

Do you even know why people say “quite frankly”?
Haha just cause I have no idea!
The one distributing the downloads for this mod actually has proof of him talking to Dev GaileGrey, but people felt comfortable with the looks of that conversation and decided to download it.
It’s not out to cause any unfair advantage at all, and probably might of been added to the game as an option if it was suggested and not created.

The combat I think feels a little lazy with it, but also with it you can really look at the art in the game and just be comfortable in combat cause it’s so simple.

(edited by Cadion.9027)

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

I don’t think macros are as much of an issue as accomplishing stuff while AFK, or botting.

I bought a Razer MMO keyboard with extra programmable buttons for a reason, something that simply holds down your mouse button shouldn’t be an issue. It is annoying doing it yourself.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

ArenaNet has always said, if it automates gameplay, meaning that you walk away from the computer and your character is going around killing stuff, or standing in one spot etc, then its not allowed.

Cadion.9027

Yeah that’s straight botting, I don’t know why people make bots, they aren’t enjoying the game. But this mod is like a smaller change then getting a razor naga.

Posted by: Tigress Dragonblade.3296

Tigress Dragonblade.3296

In my opinion, if you’re concerned about getting banned for using something, then don’t use it.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

From ArenaNet’s responses to other tools, it’s all right as long as the player must interact with the game to play. I think it was regarding game-pad controller software.

In general, anything that loops is strictly not allowed.

I wonder if we can start a wiki page listing approved tools? There’s a lot of legitimate gaming software out there that would constitute as botting. My logitec mouse, for instance, can do looping macros (bannable offense), but I’m not sure if many people are aware of such things. People usually believe botting is some sort of black market tool, but that’s not always the case.

Posted by: Breakingdawn.5628

Breakingdawn.5628

people like to use all sorts of things, just dont cry when you get hacked.

Posted by: Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Cheiron the Centaur.1829

There actually has been an official response from ArenaNet.

See this thread on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/103n56/update_guild_wars_2_combat_mode/

In short:

Basically, anything that touches the game client in any fashion, including but not limited to visuals, overlays, controls, inputs, outputs, automation, sounds, or play experience is going to be referred to as a mod. The Guild Wars 2 software package is meant to be delivered and used AS-IS, with zero flexibility for the end user. If your script changes anything about the game itself, how it’s displayed, or how it’s played, then it’s forbidden 3rd-party software.

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi,

Indeed, as Cheiron said, this programm can be assimilated as a third party one, and therefore is not allowed on our game.

Please note that utilisation of third party software can lead to a definitive suspension of your account.

Now that the answer has been given, I will close this thread.