Yahoo Bulk Mail Workaround

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

That is a VERY interesting piece of information that many here that have issues with YAHOO mail might like to know. How is there NO way to turn off (or modify) the bulk email filter?

BTW, I use ATT email (or did…I am in the process of moving everything over to outlook.com) and it is hosted by Yahoo mail servers but I have never seen any issue getting support or authentication emails.

Does this bit of information need to be added to the generic thread about support emails not getting to players? How about some effort on Anet’s part to get removed from this bulk email filter (I 100% get that this is NOT ANet’s fault and in no way feel they are responsible for fixing this).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: SirDerp.3520

SirDerp.3520

It definitely sounds like Anet needs to get in contact with Yahoo, which I assume they have been after looking through the forums here.

If you look at the full headers of the emails that Yahoo is delaying delivery of, it has a “X-YahooFilteredBulk: [IP address]” tag where it first filters the email, then checks to see if it is a “permitted sender”: “Received-SPF: pass (domain of guildwars2.com designates [IP address] as permitted sender)”

Those tags, however, are missing from the email that was forwarded to my Gmail account from my Yahoo account. The other interesting part is, the emails are not marked as spam, they just take hours upon hours to show up in my inbox, if they come at all.

<Edit> Went to confirm everything I’m posting and realized I deleted the auth email from my Gmail. Oops. lol It’s possible that the email by chance made it through Yahoo’s filter and I just missed the above tags in the email on my Gmail…

(edited by SirDerp.3520)

Posted by: SirDerp.3520

SirDerp.3520

Tried this again, it doesn’t work. Looks like I was mistaken.

The bulk mail filter is still a problem. Now that I have access to my account, I’m switching over to mobile authentication.

(edited by SirDerp.3520)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

SirD — you deleted the first post, so I’m not sure exactly what it is I could share with our IT Team in trying to get the “blocked e-mail” issue addressed.

Shall I consider this a “never mind?” Or is there some number of details I should pass along?

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet